Pages:
Author

Topic: My second ZEC + XMR+ ETH thread builds info links thoughts and photos. - page 23. (Read 147923 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

Either way, XMR is still the most profitable over the last 24h.

Not for everyone. I haven't seen it come up as "most profitable" for anything I run *except* my GTX 750 Ti cards yet (those are in XP gaming machines that CAN'T run anything else AFAIK), though it's been getting semi-close on my RX 470s (though whattomine hashrate figures need to be taken with LARGE quantities of salt at times).

On the other hand, the pool I've been running the 750 Ti cards on seems to be not accepting a TON of hashrate - any recommendations for a RELIABLE pool, preferably with a low "payout to exchange" minimum?

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
thats a very nice graphs you have there -- is that generated from a website?

I landed up coding it as I wanted to see profitability side by side with various coins over time.

With no solid wallets for XMR and ZEC, I have to use Poloniex address and I see that over time, the commission charge to them and also the baby-sitting efforts to sell the coins at high -- are taking too much money and time from me.

XMR fork happening in a few days which is the final hurdle before the XMR wallet (which will cause the price to spike, big time). Either way, XMR is still the most profitable over the last 24h.
Also the pools pay the commission charges so you're actually saving yourself some profit by not having to send from wallet -> exchange and back again.

I reckon, factoring all of these consolidating to NH and get paid in BTC upfront works out to be same-same. The farm on 100% NH (selling hash for BTC instead of mining them directly for native coins) generates around USD$270-320 220-270 per day @ 33 rigs.

If I have indeed lost up to 3% of these revenue for using NH, I think its a small price to pay because, I get to do away with selling at exchanges and get BTC upfront, pass the "selling" risk to NH, avoid Shapeshift and risk paying more commission and catch the BTC wave directly. I use NH only for ZEC and XMR. ETH is direct into my Coinbase wallet.

If you are collecting coins, then NH is not a good solution.

The thing you have to realize is that using NH isn't just a 3% loss in revenue, that's just their fee.
You're losing about 13-15% of your PROFIT (on average!) as NH as it's considerably more profitable to mine the coins directly to the exchange (on Poloniex) and sell for BTC.
I'm busy automating the entire process so that there's never a need to babysit it. The second any non-BTC coin lands on the exchange, code will sell immediately.
There's around 70 people using the code / site currently so I'm sure that (configurable) functionality will come in handy.

That's very good analysis - and good visuals too for easy reference -- are the codes available to us? or is this on subscription basis?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250

I landed up coding it as I wanted to see profitability side by side with various coins over time.

With no solid wallets for XMR and ZEC, I have to use Poloniex address and I see that over time, the commission charge to them and also the baby-sitting efforts to sell the coins at high -- are taking too much money and time from me.

XMR fork happening in a few days which is the final hurdle before the XMR wallet (which will cause the price to spike, big time). Either way, XMR is still the most profitable over the last 24h.
Also the pools pay the commission charges so you're actually saving yourself some profit by not having to send from wallet -> exchange and back again.

I reckon, factoring all of these consolidating to NH and get paid in BTC upfront works out to be same-same. The farm on 100% NH (selling hash for BTC instead of mining them directly for native coins) generates around USD$270-320 220-270 per day @ 33 rigs.

If I have indeed lost up to 3% of these revenue for using NH, I think its a small price to pay because, I get to do away with selling at exchanges and get BTC upfront, pass the "selling" risk to NH, avoid Shapeshift and risk paying more commission and catch the BTC wave directly. I use NH only for ZEC and XMR. ETH is direct into my Coinbase wallet.

The thing you have to realize is that using NH isn't just a 3% loss in revenue, that's just their fee.
You're losing about 13-15% of your PROFIT (on average!) as NH as it's considerably more profitable to mine the coins directly to the exchange (on Poloniex) and sell for BTC.
I'm busy automating the entire process so that there's never a need to babysit it. The second any non-BTC coin lands on the exchange, code will sell immediately.
There's around 70 people using the code / site currently so I'm sure that (configurable) functionality will come in handy.

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
I got server upgrades from the wifey!!

asus z97 extreme6 mobo
I7-4960k 4.5ghz CPU
3 more 3tb hdd
Computer case with 10 external slot bay
3 3x5.25 to 4x3.5 hot swap cages
Single 1x5.25 hot swap
2 sas controllers
2 250gb Samsung 800 series ssd for cache
Label maker for cables hdds and miner labeling

I use unraid for a software it's awesome
if anyone wants an awesome home server use unraid

I know it's off topic

Anywho I hope everyone has a safe wonderful day
Happy holidays/ merry Christmas

Grin what a thoughtful wifey!

All I got from wifey was a huge envelope..... containing new power utility agreement from another company with a "complicated" 25% savings for the warehouse for my signature to be submitted before 1st Jan 2017. LOL!

Btw, this unraid sw, I first learnt it from LinusTechTips, for virtual storage solution, ie. multiple PCs sharing the same virtual stoarge. Have you got it going? Sounds interesting but also too difficult for my newbie level.

i seen it on linus youtube channel years back and gave it a try and it has took over my freeNAS setup
you burn it to a usb plug it into a computer assign the drives to the parity and array
let it format and setup the array
add some shares and thats all
complete server network storage
it has docker apps too like plex that runs my media services for my rokus apple tvs etc..
i was running a Virtual machine windows 10 and mined some zcash with my server cpus
(dual e5-2660 xeon) made some good profit off of those
everything in my house media wise runs off my server
and all of my important data is backed up to it too
it has a simple webui.. a ton of community support..
you cannot go wrong with it

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

asus z97 extreme6 mobo
I7-4960k 4.5ghz CPU
3 more 3tb hdd
Single 1x5.25 hot swap
2 sas controllers

I know it's off topic

Grin what a thoughtful wifey!

All I got from wifey was a huge envelope..... containing new power utility agreement from another company with a "complicated" 25% savings for the warehouse for my signature to be submitted before 1st Jan 2017. LOL!

Btw, this unraid sw, I first learnt it from LinusTechTips, for virtual storage solution, ie. multiple PCs sharing the same virtual stoarge. Have you got it going? Sounds interesting but also too difficult for my newbie level.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Did the "most profitable coin" just switched to ETH???  Angry

One of my test machine, I installed Nicehash Windows miner.

It has quite an aggressive "auto-switching" algorithm for renting/selling hash.

And I usually take this signal from Nicehash and compare with whattomine.com and coinwarz.com to determine if I need to switch my rigs to mine the best coin.

I would avoid using nicehash if i were you. Not only do you have to factor in a 3% fee (not included on those sites), but their payment policy has changed and payouts take quite a bit longer.
If you're using RX cards, you probably want to (at this point) stick to XMR. (i factor in the 3% fee when checking profitability)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
To answer why I spent a shit ton of cash on dvi.

I have found that going the route of  dvi switching  bypasses the dreaded black screen and the eth 4mhs bug. Better then vga or hdmi
I also have some

display to dvi cables
hdmi to dvi cables
dvi to dvi cables

It really costs far to much to justify as a practical solution.
Team viewer is more cost effective

But I am a gear freak.

Right now I have 12 rigs in house.

I plan for the garage to have 8 rigs not 10

They will be 7 biostar 4 card and 1 evga 4 card  the eight port switcher will be ideal.

3 rigs will go to the solar array

1 rig will be in my den   a 1 card rig as I had the pc already

Hey zec dropped just a bit  so stay on it and wait for the rx 490 pump.  hold coins if you can.

I am constantly having black screen and 4mhs bug, i got 10 saphire cards on multiple rigs (also have a few other cards too)

Is there a cost effective solution?Huh

my monitor takes vga and hdmi

Cheers all

merry xmas I hope next year kicks ass

try a display to hdmi cable

https://www.amazon.com/DisplayPort-Anbear-Enabled-Desktops-Displays/dp/B01EY67S6O/ref=sr_1_1?

move it from one sapphire to the next  see if the 4mh drops off.

use 16.11.3  amd drive.
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

I have found that going the route of  dvi switching  bypasses the dreaded black screen and the eth 4mhs bug. Better then vga or hdmi
I also have some

display to dvi cables
hdmi to dvi cables
dvi to dvi cables

But I am a gear freak.

They will be 7 biostar 4 card and 1 evga 4 card  the eight port switcher will be ideal.

Hey zec dropped just a bit  so stay on it and wait for the rx 490 pump.  hold coins if you can.

I am constantly having black screen and 4mhs bug, i got 10 saphire cards on multiple rigs (also have a few other cards too)

Is there a cost effective solution?Huh

my monitor takes vga and hdmi

Cheers all

merry xmas I hope next year kicks ass

Activity: 600
Merit: 261
Did the "most profitable coin" just switched to ETH???  Angry

And I usually take this signal from Nicehash and compare with whattomine.com and coinwarz.com to determine if I need to switch my rigs to mine the best coin.

Yup, based on my sporadic checks of both sites, ETH has been atop the profitability list most of the time over the past week or so. ZEC was at top a few times when it was around $55 but not any more. Also, a few times when I checked on WTM, they showed ETH way down but it was incorrect because the difficulty they showed for it was WAY higher (like by around 10% or so) than it was everywhere else, so there seems to be a problem there.  Also, I noticed that the USD values for all 3 of these coins are usually quite a bit lower on the top bar at WTM then they are on most exchanges, so that also affects what that site shows.

With my 4-GPU modded rig I get the following per coin:
ETH: 110 Mh/s @ 620W
XMR: 2500 H/s @ 550W
ZEC: 800 H/s @ 570W

Profitability on CW:  ETH = $2.71 / XMR = $2.27  / ZEC = $1.94
Profitability on WTM:  ETH = $2.61 / XMR = $2.41  / ZEC = $2.43

Difficulty for ZEC & XMR matches on the 2 sites but once again, the ETH diff is off... this time though WTM has their about 3T lower than CW.

Bottom line is that with the drop of ETH to close to $7, you wouldn't think it would be the top coin to mine right now, but if you look at how much its difficulty has dropped recently, it makes more sense. ZEC diff has spike up a lot (predictably after the price push I suppose) and XMR diff is also going up. 
Activity: 742
Did the "most profitable coin" just switched to ETH???  Angry

Yes - I switched yesterday manually from ETC. On ETC I could catch all spike from the beginning Smiley

I would avoid using nicehash if i were you. Not only do you have to factor in a 3% fee (not included on those sites), but their payment policy has changed and payouts take quite a bit longer.
If you're using RX cards, you probably want to (at this point) stick to XMR. (i factor in the 3% fee when checking profitability)

Activity: 672

asus z97 extreme6 mobo
I7-4960k 4.5ghz CPU
3 more 3tb hdd
Single 1x5.25 hot swap
2 sas controllers

I know it's off topic

legendary

I also have some

display to dvi cables
hdmi to dvi cables
dvi to dvi cables

But I am a gear freak.

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

Phil - what is the usage for this switch?

Why do not use TeamViewer?

I use a combination of Teamviewer and TightVNC to manage all rigs.

The KVM is also a feasible solution however the rigs needs to be fairly close to each other so that cables can reach all rights to where you want the master workstation to be. Anything further may need custom cables.

KVMs are relatively cheap, depending on how many ports, but will be expensive if you need DVI, which is quite unique vs VGA, HDMI... IMHO. Most LCD monitors nowadays are HDMI standard and all newer GPUs may not have DVI ports anymore especially if you want the slim design like the MSI 470 to fit into the Z170 mobos.

Phil - please take note.... the next generation GPU like RX/Polaris based may not have DVI ports anymore - unless you use an older card as the GPU1-PCI-16X designate to connect the KVM switch.

DVI fits on slim cards - my Sapphire HD 7750 "true single slot low profile" card has a DVI-I + HDMI + a bracket-mounted DB15 (VGA).
 The connector is the same width as a VGA connector or VERY VERY close, though a lot longer.

With that said, I've priced out DVI KVM switches - once. WAY crazy expensive stuff, I recommend not even looking at them unless you can find one REAL cheap as a used item somewhere.
 http://www.provantage.com/startech-sv831dusbuk~7STR925J.htm for a comparable VGA-port version of the same switch from the same site - less than half the price.
 It would be cheaper to buy that VGA version of the KVM and 8x HDMI->VGA adapters from WalMart than the DVI version of the KVM.
 I couldn't find a native HDMI version from that site.

Odd part is that for a monitor for a mining rig, a current *TV* is often less expensive for the same resolution (if you insist on using new stuff), and I've yet to see ANY LCD/LED TV that didn't have HDMI suppport (VGA support is less common on them).
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Phil - what is the usage for this switch?

Why do not use TeamViewer?

I use a combination of Teamviewer and TightVNC to manage all rigs.

The KVM is also a feasible solution however the rigs needs to be fairly close to each other so that cables can reach all rights to where you want the master workstation to be. Anything further may need custom cables.

KVMs are relatively cheap, depending on how many ports, but will be expensive if you need DVI, which is quite unique vs VGA, HDMI... IMHO. Most LCD monitors nowadays are HDMI standard and all newer GPUs may not have DVI ports anymore especially if you want the slim design like the MSI 470 to fit into the Z170 mobos.

Phil - please take note.... the next generation GPU like RX/Polaris based may not have DVI ports anymore - unless you use an older card as the GPU1-PCI-16X designate to connect the KVM switch.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
3. Negotiating 20 x Sapphire 470s from a local supplier ... hopefully can close by today.

Aren't you able to get able to get 480's at the same price at the 470's?

With the new AMD GPU's getting released in 2 weeks, isn't it worth waiting to see what price it comes in at?
(even if too expensive, it should drop the price of the already existing 470/480's)

Yes, the 490. But Sapphire have not confirmed the dates for it.
Activity: 742
legendary
8 port dvi/USB/kvm switch

All seriousness I did get an 8 port  switch. Cost me good money but I have an idea for using it beyond mining.
And I am going to have six four card biostar Msi rigs.

Please can you post a link to it, you've gotten me curious! Tongue

it is costly

http://www.provantage.com/startech-sv831dviu~7STR9244.htm
3. Negotiating 20 x Sapphire 470s from a local supplier ... hopefully can close by today.

Aren't you able to get able to get 480's at the same price at the 470's?

With the new AMD GPU's getting released in 2 weeks, isn't it worth waiting to see what price it comes in at?
(even if too expensive, it should drop the price of the already existing 470/480's)
Pages:
Jump to: