Pages:
Author

Topic: My second ZEC + XMR+ ETH thread builds info links thoughts and photos. - page 41. (Read 147923 times)

Activity: 600
Merit: 261
Thanks Phil. PM sent.  Once again, you are the best Wink
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
So, I am most of the way through my 2nd mining rig build but when I popped open my power supply to hook up the cables, I realized that I will yet again be short on the molex cables  Angry  This happened on my first build since my x99 mobo required a molex for added PCIe power, putting me one 2-molex connector cable short. Luckily, Phil came to the rescue as he had an extra one from the same 1000W Rosewill Quark series Plat PSU.

This time around, I went with the Quark 1200W since I want to power 6 GPUs off an ASRock H81 Pro BTC Mobo.  I also thought i read that this PSU had more molex connectors but alas, it only has 4 on 2 cables  Undecided   Assuming this Mobo will also require extra molex power for more than 2 GPUs, this means I will only be able to hook up 2 of the 5 GPUs I currently have until I am able to secure 2 more 2-molex cables.  The bad thing is, it seems that since this is a full modular PSU, only cables from this brand and series will work with this PSU, and I cannot find them available anywhere online, including at the Rosewill store.

So, I would like to ask if anyone might have 1 or 2 extra of these laying around they would be willing to part with. I will of course be happy to pay a fair price in BTC.  Also, if anyone knows where these might be available online, I would appreciate the tip.  Thanks!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182354

You are lucky I just got a 1200 watt quark delivered on Saturday.
So I can send you just what you need. Shoot me a pm
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
So, I am most of the way through my 2nd mining rig build but when I popped open my power supply to hook up the cables, I realized that I will yet again be short on the molex cables  Angry  This happened on my first build since my x99 mobo required a molex for added PCIe power, putting me one 2-molex connector cable short. Luckily, Phil came to the rescue as he had an extra one from the same 1000W Rosewill Quark series Plat PSU.

This time around, I went with the Quark 1200W since I want to power 6 GPUs off an ASRock H81 Pro BTC Mobo.  I also thought i read that this PSU had more molex connectors but alas, it only has 4 on 2 cables  Undecided   Assuming this Mobo will also require extra molex power for more than 2 GPUs, this means I will only be able to hook up 2 of the 5 GPUs I currently have until I am able to secure 2 more 2-molex cables.  The bad thing is, it seems that since this is a full modular PSU, only cables from this brand and series will work with this PSU, and I cannot find them available anywhere online, including at the Rosewill store.

So, I would like to ask if anyone might have 1 or 2 extra of these laying around they would be willing to part with. I will of course be happy to pay a fair price in BTC.  Also, if anyone knows where these might be available online, I would appreciate the tip.  Thanks!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182354
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
vg54dett...

In your local network, where you rigs are connected, at your management server, fire up ethman.exe and you see the dashboard.

If you install Teamviewer on this PC, you can access it wherever you are via your Android. You need to install TV for Android.

You can access the browser version of the running Ethman.exe because its has a simple webserver running when Ethman.exe is running.

Just type the management PC's IP address 192.168.xxx.xxx:8000 (Ethman.exe must be ruuning on this PC), on your tablet's browser - I am assuming you Android is connected to the wifi-router, where your rigs are located.

The hidden gem of Claymore's miners IMHO is Ethman.exe.

I agree!  This management dashboard is a great overview of the critical information about your rigs at a glance.  Thanks for bringing this up again citronick! I keep this running 24/7!

I switch between ETH and ZCASH pools with Ethman.exe easily...... copy the right config.txt and epool.txt to all rigs with a single click. And reboot / restart all rigs also with a few clicks. How easy is that..... saved me setting up a proxy server and loose control the rig names etc.
Activity: 501
Merit: 500
vg54dett...

In your local network, where you rigs are connected, at your management server, fire up ethman.exe and you see the dashboard.

If you install Teamviewer on this PC, you can access it wherever you are via your Android. You need to install TV for Android.

You can access the browser version of the running Ethman.exe because its has a simple webserver running when Ethman.exe is running.

Just type the management PC's IP address 192.168.xxx.xxx:8000 (Ethman.exe must be ruuning on this PC), on your tablet's browser - I am assuming you Android is connected to the wifi-router, where your rigs are located.

AWESOME

thank you!!
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
vg54dett...

I agree!  This management dashboard is a great overview of the critical information about your rigs at a glance.  Thanks for bringing this up again citronick! I keep this running 24/7!
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
vg54dett...

Activity: 501

Electric Cost = $0.12 cents per KW

12 c / kwh is getting into *OUCH* range on electric cost.

The entire reason I moved last summer was that I considered 7.5-8c/kwh 9 months 14plus the other 3 months was way too high.

ETH is probably getting hammered because of the "2'nd and 3'd hard fork" issue, which are happening to cure the long-running issue with attacks overloading the network but some folks think any fork is a bad thing.

Even with that, *for me* ETH has been more profitable the last few days, abet it's close.

My electricity cost is basically "fixed" right now, but I'm in a rather odd situation for at least the next few months - but even if it wasn't, my electric cost is low enough I doubt that the power savings ZEC has would make up for the lower income *IN MY CASE*

Don't take anyone's word for it, crunch the numbers yourself because they DO vary.

I'm personnally mining at 0,18$/kWh, and that's still profitable. Of course says goodbye to 290 and such, but with RX 470, a little with R9 380 and 1070, I find a way to be profitable.

My 2 test rigs are 290s and 370s -- the 290s are really power hungry just like the 390s. The 370s uses very little power.

<>

sorry for long sharing.

Citronick , how do you use Ethman monitoring with smartphone ? Would give a try. Thank you !

havent tried that yet, but ethman dashboard is web-server ready port 8000.

so if you do port routing on your router, you can access this dashboard using your phone browser just like any website....

http:\\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx:8000, where xxx is your public IP address.

Personally, I avoid this method because its a security risk in my opinion and bad things happen if the bad guys know your public IP address.

So I use Teamviewer on my Note 5 and access my management server at the farm. I try to avoid using TV on the phone because its simply too small of a screen but cant be helped during "emergency" situations. A decent tablet will be more suitable. Or wait till you get back home in front of your PC, and sipping a cuppa or beer....

I also have CCTV viewer on phone to see my farm (non-BTC), where I have a giant clock/temp next to my workstation. I use this more often because I need to manage the temps. I have invested on a "blower" but i need to experiment for maximum heat disposal out of the warehouse.... work in progress. I will post a separate thread on this topic.

sorry for long sharing...

Citronick, just a quick question in case you can advice me:
I would like to watch Ethman with  my android tablet when I'm in the same place as the rigs. So the tablet would be on the same private network than rigs (wifi for tablet and ethernet for rigs but same router).
How would be the easyest way to do it ? without creating a security risk like the port routing.
Since it'sonly local network, I think it can be simple, but I'm not used enough to it yet, so I would be glad to get some advice.
(sorry for bad translation)
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Seven card boards can be hard to come by.  This one does six, and is quite popular. You will need risers.

It is super easy to find:

That one is the most used in our community to build 7x GPUs

MSI Gaming Z97 GAMING 5 LGA 1150 Intel Z97

Thanks guys. Will tumble the numbers....but I'm guessing the 6 gpu rig will have a lower cost per watts used to for each hash.

for standard 7 cards rig, a good ole H81 Pro BTC mobo with 6 slots and add a 3-1 PCI card, will cost less than Z97 7-slotter ... IMHO.
Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

Seven card boards can be hard to come by.  This one does six, and is quite popular. You will need risers.

Thanks guys. Will tumble the numbers....but I'm guessing the 6 gpu rig will have a lower cost per watts used to for each hash.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
@Phil

i am buying a rx 470 4 gb tomorrow.. what brand/models do you run for 470s?

I like the msi rx 470  it is quiet cools well and does not have a back plate  which lets it fit in a four card biostar build very easy.

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GAMING-RX-470-4G/dp/B01JS9F9K4/ref=sr_1_1?

192 -25 rebate = 167

sweet. its going in open air rig at the moment but a 4 slot rig is in the works so it fits there too.

thanks!

I ordered one.
The goal is to have all biostar z170 mobos  with all msi rx 470's

I will be listing some mobos and some cards later in the week.
I also am getting my two avalon 721's tomorrow and an antminer r4 maybe on fri.

I need to move and switch a  lot of gear around. Over the next 3-5 days.

Hi Phil - I know its a bit off topic in our GPU thread, can you post your R4 review when you get it.  That rotary fan design is suppose to be very good - I have seen it before in a server build. My Juvia farm - A7s are also arriving next week shipped direct to my ISP... incidentally I got email from Bitmain that their next S9 sale is coming soon.

Fuck the s9 ------- The item needs to be 10 or more and buy a few spare controllers  10 s9s = 30 boards of which you will lose 3 to 6 of them
and you lose at least 1 controller.  That is about a 10-15% loss  so buying 10 means you get 8 or 9.
 At 59 years young  climbing into a loft 3 to 5 times a week does not cut it for me.

But I have hope for the r4  I will review it.
I will review the avalon 721.

Both are due this week.

The A7s arriving next week hopefully all can be online before Christmas - looking forward to the R4 review.
legendary
@Phil

I like the msi rx 470  it is quiet cools well and does not have a back plate  which lets it fit in a four card biostar build very easy.

192 -25 rebate = 167

sweet. its going in open air rig at the moment but a 4 slot rig is in the works so it fits there too.

thanks!

I ordered one.
The goal is to have all biostar z170 mobos  with all msi rx 470's

I need to move and switch a  lot of gear around. Over the next 3-5 days.

Hi Phil - I know its a bit off topic in our GPU thread, can you post your R4 review when you get it.  That rotary fan design is suppose to be very good - I have seen it before in a server build. My Juvia farm - A7s are also arriving next week shipped direct to my ISP... incidentally I got email from Bitmain that their next S9 sale is coming soon.

Fuck the s9 ------- The item needs to be 10 or more and buy a few spare controllers  10 s9s = 30 boards of which you will lose 3 to 6 of them
and you lose at least 1 controller.  That is about a 10-15% loss  so buying 10 means you get 8 or 9.
 At 59 years young  climbing into a loft 3 to 5 times a week does not cut it for me.

But I have hope for the r4  I will review it.
I will review the avalon 721.

Both are due this week.

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
@Phil

I like the msi rx 470  it is quiet cools well and does not have a back plate  which lets it fit in a four card biostar build very easy.

192 -25 rebate = 167

thanks!

I ordered one.
The goal is to have all biostar z170 mobos  with all msi rx 470's

I need to move and switch a  lot of gear around. Over the next 3-5 days.

Hi Phil - I know its a bit off topic in our GPU thread, can you post your R4 review when you get it.  That rotary fan design is suppose to be very good - I have seen it before in a server build. My Juvia farm - A7s are also arriving next week shipped direct to my ISP... incidentally I got email from Bitmain that their next S9 sale is coming soon.
Activity: 199
Merit: 100
If anyone has a Hitman or Civilization VI code they want to sell, PM me.  My son would be most appreciative Smiley These games have been bundled with 470s and 480s recently. I'm not buying hardware A.T.M.  Waiting to see what happens with the 490s.

I have plenty of Hitman codes, sending you one via PM.

I'd love to have one too! Smiley
legendary
@Phil

I like the msi rx 470  it is quiet cools well and does not have a back plate  which lets it fit in a four card biostar build very easy.

192 -25 rebate = 167

thanks!

I ordered one.
The goal is to have all biostar z170 mobos  with all msi rx 470's

I need to move and switch a  lot of gear around. Over the next 3-5 days.
Activity: 742

legendary
Activity: 1428
https://www.bitworks.io
If anyone has a Hitman or Civilization VI code they want to sell, PM me.  My son would be most appreciative Smiley These games have been bundled with 470s and 480s recently. I'm not buying hardware A.T.M.  Waiting to see what happens with the 490s.

I have plenty of Hitman codes, sending you one via PM.
Activity: 615
I'm enjoying this thread and thinking about doing a 7 GPU build with the 470 4GB.

1 What's the best 7 slot MOBO for doing that?

2.  Since I might ship it to Cryptoboreas where i have my BTC rigs located, i need an enclosed case with good fans. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157724

If you're looking for a custom rig server case, check out AriesIV10's signature.
Activity: 786
I'm enjoying this thread and thinking about doing a 7 GPU build with the 470 4GB.

1 What's the best 7 slot MOBO for doing that?

2.  Since I might ship it to Cryptoboreas where i have my BTC rigs located, i need an enclosed case with good fans. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Activity: 615
Pages:
Jump to: