Pages:
Author

Topic: My second ZEC + XMR+ ETH thread builds info links thoughts and photos. - page 37. (Read 147923 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
The following is about ETH mining

SOME blue screen/ MOST black screen/ ALL 4mhs bug all are about the display driver for hdmi.

It comes it goes. XFX and Sapphire do it most.

I use hdmi/dvi/display cables and adapters  and usually one of them will fix  a rig.  I also move the cable from jack to jack to jack to jack on all four cards.

the 7mhs bug is when the card is too hot .

I am old school I use dvi monitors  with dvi/usb/kvm switches.

I got 3 monitors at 59 each sale at best buy
I got 3 switches at 75 each used on ebay

I can do 12 rigs in my garage and one in my den

52 card max.

I will also get some going at the solar array 
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
so my computer blue screened after running the 4mhs card and now its working

what the actual.....Huh
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Make sure crossfire and ULPS are disabled. Regedit is the best way to go.

They were disable from the beginning

Thank you!

yeah sapphire and xfx have this issue. 

swap the monitor cable  from card to card.

also if you are an hdmi cable try using this

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Gold-Plated-DisplayPort/dp/B004C9P9TM/ref=sr_1_2?

or if the card has a dvi  jack

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014I8UU2W/ref=sr_ph_1?

all miners should have a few of the above  they have helped me with black screen issues and with the dreaded 4mh bug

I did not check is it related with monitor or not. But when I have a HDMI dongle - I have the same issue

Do you think it is cable?
legendary
i am using the same build as phills. however I am having some trouble

I am having trouble having all 4 cards to mine at full speed, when all 4 of them are plugged in one gpu always mines at 4mhs instead of 24mhs, i have tested all cards individually and all work, i have testeded all slots individually and they work,
please please help me kind souls

that bug has occurred with a few of us.

what cards do you use.

I have exactly the same bug.

MB - Z97 GAMING 5. All cards are RX 480 Nitro+ (on powered risers)

Tried everything - always one card  is 4MH/s

Is it the card with the monitor hooked up to it? If so, put the monitor on a different card

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Gold-Plated-DisplayPort/dp/B004C9P9TM/ref=sr_1_2?

all miners should have a few of the above  they have helped me with black screen issues and with the dreaded 4mh bug

I am having both black screens and 4mhs bug, so sad
legendary

I am having trouble having all 4 cards to mine at full speed, when all 4 of them are plugged in one gpu always mines at 4mhs instead of 24mhs, i have tested all cards individually and all work, i have testeded all slots individually and they work,

what cards do you use.

and how do we do that mate?
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
Phil , how do you sell your ZEC ?
do you sell everything ? with a feature like auto-sell , or do you follow the charts ?

I sell the ZEC the moment it is in my exchange account. I reckon it will drop to 60-70% of current price due to the increased supply.

I stopped mining zec and went to Nicehash multi.
I'm getting the same pay all the way around right now (zec/xmr/eth)
And it's straight into my btc account

the latest v1.7.3.6 have now integrated Claymore Zcash miner v8 !!!

what this means is...... we have Claymore's magic miner running as long as Zacsh is profitable, AND when Zcash is not profitable anymore... NH miner will switch to next profitable algo..... sounds like we have a winner here.

That's very good news ! Sadly the great profitability of ZCash calmed down, so I now switched it off. I'll maybe just restart the RX 470 in some days.
Was wanting to do the same thing with 470's. But with the downturn in Zec all the sudden I don't know if it is worth it now to start.  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

what cards do you use.

legendary

what cards do you use.

Is it the card with the monitor hooked up to it? If so, put the monitor on a different card

Activity: 615

what cards do you use.

what cards do you use.

legendary

what cards do you use.
I am using some reference rx480s some reference r470s and some nitro rx470s, has anyone managed to fix it?

Cheers
legendary

what cards do you use.
legendary

I used all the same risers for all 6 slots in BTC Pro - everything was good.

Activity: 600
Merit: 261
Thanks Lone!  Amazingly, it seems like just opening up Wattman has resolved this issue.  When I opened the AMD utility, I went to the Wattman tab for my first GPU.  The Voltage control was set to Auto so I toggled it to Manual.  But either right before or right around the time i did this (before clicking Apply, mind you), the speed started to increase on all 4 GPUs... pretty much to their expected rate.  I went ahead and applied the change to manual on all 4 cards and they are now running at the expected pre-overclocking speed.

Out of curiosity, is there any downside to leaving the Voltage control toggled to Manual?

Thanks again for the tip!

The mere act of toggling it snaps my cards out of the funk.  Some I end up turning it 'off' and some I end up turning it 'on.  Makes no difference, just the act of fiddling with it.  This does not appear to happen on W10, as far as I can tell.
Activity: 672
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
Thanks Lone!  Amazingly, it seems like just opening up Wattman has resolved this issue.  When I opened the AMD utility, I went to the Wattman tab for my first GPU.  The Voltage control was set to Auto so I toggled it to Manual.  But either right before or right around the time i did this (before clicking Apply, mind you), the speed started to increase on all 4 GPUs... pretty much to their expected rate.  I went ahead and applied the change to manual on all 4 cards and they are now running at the expected pre-overclocking speed.

Out of curiosity, is there any downside to leaving the Voltage control toggled to Manual?

Thanks again for the tip!
Pages:
Jump to: