Pages:
Author

Topic: My second ZEC + XMR+ ETH thread builds info links thoughts and photos. - page 99. (Read 147923 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
finally figure out what the issue was with the third four card board from biostar  very simple issue the cpu was bad not the mobo. For some reason the cpu only allows 2 pcie lanes on any mobo.

This makes the second intel cpu to be bad in my life.  one was a i7-6700k  the other (this one in the biostar ) was an intel i5 6400t.

I know this is a side bar but if intel has more issues with the newest 14-16mn chips  just think about the issues the asic 14-16nm chips will and are having.

I now am running 3 cards on the biostar  3x 470's.  still a bit flakey with the fourth card  it wants to do   25+25+25+5 mh.

But I now have two 4 card rigs  and a 3 card rig.  From the biostar boards.  I will see what more I can do with them.
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
SLI bridges are a different interface, apart from the PCIe connections.  They're connected out the top of the cards.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sli+bridge&biw=1680&bih=920&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiy0N2W4pLPAhUDJB4KHah2AYUQ_AUI4QEoAQ

Thanks LoneRangir... I've seen those bridges when I was researching was SLI was a few days ago. But, what got me worried about this MoBo was the following verbiage in the Tom's review:

"You’ve probably noticed that the X99 Extreme4 has four PCIe x16 slots, but that one of these wasn’t mentioned in the introduction. That’s because the second PCIe x16 slot wired as a two-lane PCIe 2.0 link to the motherboard’s PCH. An included three-way SLI bridge bypasses it entirely to connect the first, third, and fourth x16-length slots, since those are the X99 Extreme4’s only SLI-compliant interfaces."

To me (granted, not even close to educated on this stuff), that last sentence makes it sound like the SLI bridge is something like hard-wired or built into the board itself.  BUT... now that I look at the pics on the newegg page, it does have a picture of an SLI bridge as a separate piece that is included in the box with the MoBo, so I guess it is safe to assume that all 5 PCIe slots are capable of running GPU's independently.  I guess the point of that paragraph is that only slots 1, 3, & 4 are SLI-compliant and slot 2 & 5 are not, but the wording was confusing to me.

I think you're on the right track.  Since you're not going to actually run the cards in SLI mode, you should be good to go.
legendary
Have you not considered the 29 MHs low power ROMs that are available?

Less W used = less heat generated.

Might be worth considering

No one has shown me that the watts per mh are less.

Everyone I see scales equally at about 6 watts an mh.

I can not see anyone that beats my 590-610 watts at th k-watt meter four cards 100 mh

I would need to see a kwatt meter doing under 690 watts and the mh at 116

Until I see the 29mh do less then the 25 mh they are not so good since I resell the gear.

The 29mh use more power then the 25mh which means death to the cards a little faster.

If I saw a 25 mm custom rom that beats my power for four cards say 560 watts vs 590 same mh I would also try it.

So far I ,stay see 6 watts per mh as the bottom low.  At the kwatt meter at the gpu-z I have seen 70-75 watts.
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
SLI bridges are a different interface, apart from the PCIe connections.  They're connected out the top of the cards.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sli+bridge&biw=1680&bih=920&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiy0N2W4pLPAhUDJB4KHah2AYUQ_AUI4QEoAQ

Thanks LoneRangir... I've seen those bridges when I was researching was SLI was a few days ago. But, what got me worried about this MoBo was the following verbiage in the Tom's review:

"You’ve probably noticed that the X99 Extreme4 has four PCIe x16 slots, but that one of these wasn’t mentioned in the introduction. That’s because the second PCIe x16 slot wired as a two-lane PCIe 2.0 link to the motherboard’s PCH. An included three-way SLI bridge bypasses it entirely to connect the first, third, and fourth x16-length slots, since those are the X99 Extreme4’s only SLI-compliant interfaces."

To me (granted, not even close to educated on this stuff), that last sentence makes it sound like the SLI bridge is something like hard-wired or built into the board itself.  BUT... now that I look at the pics on the newegg page, it does have a picture of an SLI bridge as a separate piece that is included in the box with the MoBo, so I guess it is safe to assume that all 5 PCIe slots are capable of running GPU's independently.  I guess the point of that paragraph is that only slots 1, 3, & 4 are SLI-compliant and slot 2 & 5 are not, but the wording was confusing to me.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai
Have you not considered the 29 MHs low power ROMs that are available?

Less W used = less heat generated.

Might be worth considering
legendary
Guys,

How strong can I downvolt Sapphire Nitro RX 480?

I use power limit option only  like - 21  it seems more stable for me.
Is that a -21 or just a 21

How much hash did you lose if it's -21?

I get 25mh   every rx 480 has a sweet spot  leave all settings alone except power  then try -10 to   -30  

most sweet spots  seem to be in the -18 to -24 area  varies card to card

what is easy is only one number or adjustment.

for me with 23 cards in 9 pc's .

I try the easiest settings  on wattman.

I also set fans and temps  which are in the same area or setting as the power setting.

I do temps at 68 for high and 65 for low.  I set fan speed at 1000 to 4000 (depends on the card)   basically all my cards run under 70 c all the time.  Even the ones in the cases.

Frankly  wattman leaves a lotto be desired but

msi afterburner
sapphire triixx
asus tweak

don't work with the rx 470's and rx 480's

I also do not try to max any card via over clock  or dual mine.  mostly because my garage is 90f to 95f  already .
If you notice the photos  al my gear is low to the ground other then 1 four card rig.  it helps keep the gear cooler.
my hottest rig is the four card rig on the bench table

Activity: 672
Guys,

I use power limit option only  like - 21  it seems more stable for me.
Is that a -21 or just a 21

How much hash did you lose if it's -21?
legendary
Hey Phil,

Got any more pictures of your latest builds to post? I always enjoy looking at your setups.

Garage is a mess the basement den is a mess.  Wife is going to kill me if I don't clean it up, but I will take shots today.

pdu 13 amps at 240  powers 7 rigs with 19 cards

7 rigs using 19 cards

Activity: 546
Merit: 250
Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai
Hey Phil,

Got any more pictures of your latest builds to post? I always enjoy looking at your setups.

Activity: 742

Will check, thank you!
legendary
Guys,

Activity: 742
Guys,

legendary
Activity: 615

legendary
for mining you do NOT want cards running in SLI or crossfire. you want each gpu to be recognized and addressed individually.

Thanks! Exactly what I was hoping to hear Smiley

Let poke around on newegg for,the 2011 boards.

Hey Phil... yeah I realized the 2011 boards are much more expensive in general, but was able to find this ASRock X99 Extreme4 for $170 after rebate.  More than I wanted to spend on a MoBo but if I get the 6800x for free, it's doable. The thing i like about this board is that is has 4 x16 slots (like the previous 1151 board you suggested), meaning I would only have to use risers if I eventually went to 5 GPUs in this rig.  Any thoughts on this board?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157543&cm_re=ASRock_x99-_-13-157-543-_-Product

you can do 3 cards  you will need a riser like this for the fourth card

https://www.amazon.com/PCI-E-Extension-Cable-Extender-Adapter/dp/B00OK40PL6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1473975104&sr=8-4&keywords=riser+wire

rise like this for the 5th
https://www.amazon.com/Mining-Machine-Enhanced-Extender-Adapter/dp/B01CU1U2XG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473975140&sr=8-1&keywords=riser+usb+3

this looks like 3 easy then you need a mix of risers
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130841&ignorebbr=1&cm_re=msi_2011-_-13-130-841-_-Product
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Off topic this....

my customer was asking if I am interested in used 3 x PS3 and 5 x XBOX selling cheap - cleared from a gaming cybercafe.

Was wondering if I can convert them to miners ie. Claymore or Nicehash Windows miner. Etc.

Thoughts?

From what iv researched in the past, XBOX 360 computing power dont worth it , dont know about PS3 . but i had the same thinking back in the days to use my XBOX 360 for mining some shit..but no, to low hash and also high temps

Thanks for feedback - yup, not worth the trouble.

Not sure if the PS3 CAN mine anything usefull. XBox 360 isn't even in the ballpark, but the PS3 spent some time as a DNet (and could be used for MooWrapper) and F@H champion, been long passed up bigtime by GPUs though and I'm not sure if it CAN fold current work.
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
for mining you do NOT want cards running in SLI or crossfire. you want each gpu to be recognized and addressed individually.

Thanks! Exactly what I was hoping to hear Smiley

Let poke around on newegg for,the 2011 boards.

Hey Phil... yeah I realized the 2011 boards are much more expensive in general, but was able to find this ASRock X99 Extreme4 for $170 after rebate.  More than I wanted to spend on a MoBo but if I get the 6800x for free, it's doable. The thing i like about this board is that is has 4 x16 slots (like the previous 1151 board you suggested), meaning I would only have to use risers if I eventually went to 5 GPUs in this rig.  Any thoughts on this board?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157543&cm_re=ASRock_x99-_-13-157-543-_-Product

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Off topic this....

my customer was asking if I am interested in used 3 x PS3 and 5 x XBOX selling cheap - cleared from a gaming cybercafe.

Was wondering if I can convert them to miners ie. Claymore or Nicehash Windows miner. Etc.

Thoughts?

From what iv researched in the past, XBOX 360 computing power dont worth it , dont know about PS3 . but i had the same thinking back in the days to use my XBOX 360 for mining some shit..but no, to low hash and also high temps

Thanks for feedback - yup, not worth the trouble.
Activity: 672
Off topic this....

Thoughts?

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Off topic this....

Thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: