Pages:
Author

Topic: Mybitcoin is a scam! - page 3. (Read 24616 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
July 12, 2011, 12:11:59 AM
A solution to this kind of problem is for wallet services to offer 'signed receipts' for all transactions, and only carry out transactions for which the customer first signed a request.

Then in the case of a dispute a customer can simply present as evidence their receipt (which has the account balance on it), with their digital signature and the wallet providers signature. Whoever has the most recent receipt 'wins' the argument (because everyones signature is on it).

https://github.com/FellowTraveler/Open-Transactions/wiki/Triple-Signed-Receipts
http://iang.org/papers/triple_entry.html
http://truledger.com/

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
July 11, 2011, 11:21:45 PM
When he shows some proof of ANY sort, I'll rethink my position, because I'd have to wouldn't I?

Did you study any kind of maths or physics in high school?

While it may be easy to prove something DID occur (a response back from mybitcoin support), it can be impossible to prove that same thing DIDN'T occur (i.e. no response back from mybitcoin support).
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
July 11, 2011, 11:16:12 PM
Readers of this thread may also like to check out an experiment done by myself and bitbetter, where 0.01 was lost to mybitcoin.com.

Starting at this post: https://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=24548.msg327154#msg327154
Activity: 774
Merit: 500
Look ARROUND!
July 11, 2011, 11:07:39 PM
As for the off case that mybitcoin was in fact a complete scam, the OP actually did use the means of contact mentioned by the owner for posting complaints, suggestions, etc, then I'd say 'that sucks!'. Point being none of this is so, and likewise, there is no reason to listen.

Again, you seem incredibly emotionally invested in this.  You ask for proof which cannot exist, then offhand discard anecdotal claims by people who say they were defrauded.

You position is untenable, and you're a moron.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I want to feel your empty heart.
July 11, 2011, 06:28:59 PM
Activity: 280
Merit: 252
July 11, 2011, 03:46:24 PM
Again, Flexcoin.com is Ponzi game. You'd better not join the game unless you're sure that you're the earlist one or the owner of the flexcoin is your fucking boy and will share with his profit with you after he runs to Mexico from U.S. where he claimed be. Or he is in Mexico now, who knows?

We're in Pennsylvania... not Mexico.....  you're saying we're a scam because we're paying the account holders interest from what we sell in Ads and Mining?   Last I heard that's not how a Ponzi scheme is run....  unless you have a creative definition of it..  We'd love to hear how someone that isn't educated enough on the  topic discuss it... we need good laughs....  the chances are you don't even have an invite (very few people do) for Flexcoin... so you are not educated enough on Flexcoin to make any assumptions.

Your statement at best is sophomoric...  and at worse it's just liable.   

"we need good laughs..." is not the words I want to hear coming from my banker.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
July 11, 2011, 03:25:21 PM
i think it could be possible to proof the following through blockexplorer:

- transfer btc to mybitcoin
 - ip adress of sender
 - mybitcoin did keep the btc
 - or ip adress of recipient

(but: i think mybitcoin has to help us here by providing the adresses and the guarantee its not moving btc internal).

i dont see any way how to proof that somebody cannot access the money (and if he provides proof mybitcoin would give them to him anyway [IF they are phishy and trying to continue])

with ip adresses and datetime it would - at least for a lawyer - be possible to determine if it was the same person.

an idea: force every user to enter at least one trust bitcoin address. (shown in public). if there are any complaints for a specific account just use this address to send the money to.

(i dont like that idea very much, as the main reason for mybitcoin is not having an own client)
Look ARROUND!
July 11, 2011, 03:02:54 PM

Blockexplorer would be nice. Userid of their account as a show of good faith so that others know how to bring the topic up if they get the chance to ask directly?

You want a link to a transfer of bitcoins to the mybitcoin wallet, and then proof of them not returning?

P.S. You're one of the only posters I actually agreed with in this garbage thread.

You seem to be white knighting pretty passionately here for a company you aren't in any way associated with, right?
Look ARROUND!
July 11, 2011, 02:34:42 PM
Seriously guys. If you LOST MONEY, POST PROOF. Stop with this spraying of diarrhea on the walls. I'm not saying MyBitCoin is safe-- hell, no place is. I wouldn't trust ANY of you to hold my wallet, much less the door for me on the way out of a building. That doesn't mean that it's a SCAM. Your libelous and ridiculously abusing and ignorant banter has driven me insane, and for those of you who can't understand where my aggression is coming from-- this is the 999th thread I've read where people blindly believe what the poster is posting and go along with it like some rerun of high school idiocy. I have no idea what I'm going to do when I read #1000. I'll probably just donate all my BTC to that OP cause I'm random and cool like that.

And what kind of proof would you like that a specific person lost their anonymous cryptocurrency through fraud?  Do you think at all before you post?
legendary
Activity: 1428
July 11, 2011, 02:32:26 PM
+1

BUT is there any way to provide proof?

i am just curios: i liked mybitcoin (concept and all). but i am really confused right now.

perhaps we can use this thread for something useful: how to proof somebody has lost bitcoins there (and how to proof that he didn't lost anything)
July 07, 2011, 11:09:23 AM

But really--they "technically" didn't do anything wrong, because I didnt read this in their terms of service "6.1 MYBITCOIN LLC will ensure that for all Bitcoins in circulation in the MyBitcoin System there is at all times an identical quantity of unencumbered Bitcoins held in MYBITCOIN LLC's master Bitcoin wallet."

Can you translate what that means for me? I'm not sure how this "donation" relates to passage 6.1.

well--I suppose it basically means however many coins are being circulated through their system they maintain an equal number of Coins in their "master wallet."

I suppose they do this so that transactions don't need to be confirmed? but...it also means that they can remove coins from your account whenever they feel it is necessary and add it to their "master wallet."
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
July 07, 2011, 10:47:24 AM

But really--they "technically" didn't do anything wrong, because I didnt read this in their terms of service "6.1 MYBITCOIN LLC will ensure that for all Bitcoins in circulation in the MyBitcoin System there is at all times an identical quantity of unencumbered Bitcoins held in MYBITCOIN LLC's master Bitcoin wallet."

Can you translate what that means for me? I'm not sure how this "donation" relates to passage 6.1.
Activity: 321
Firstbits: 1gyzhw
July 07, 2011, 09:22:28 AM
I reset my password during the mtgox fiasco, but lost it immediately afterwards (my own keepass fail). It's been 3 weeks and mybitcoin have not reset my password, so I left them crappy feedback here:

http://www.bitcoinfeedback.com/viewuser.php?id=195

I'll retract that (if it's possible) and replace with a neutral if/when they reset my password. There was only 1BTC in my account at the time.

Whether your experience with them was positive or negative, I urge you to rate them too.
Activity: 404
July 07, 2011, 09:18:51 AM
I actually lost .02 bitcoins (my first ones from the faucet) with them because I forgot my username and password.

But I don't blame them for that.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
July 07, 2011, 09:16:43 AM
Checked my mybitcoin.com account after reading this thread. Still blowin' and a goin' w/ full access and all. It was made last week. Just checked an older account, made months ago, and it's fine and dandy as well.  Cheesy
July 07, 2011, 08:57:47 AM
I can also confirm that MyBitCoin is a scam. However, I didn't lose very substantial amounts of BTC like others I have spoken with...I agree that MyBitCoin provides a useful service, but you should NEVER leave your BitCoins in your MyBitCoin account.

This is why:

This "donation" was an unauthorized transaction. They even kind of rub it in your face by adding the "Have a donation!" message. If it were a larger amount, I wouldn't actually think it was as funny.

Oops.
Activity: 336
July 07, 2011, 08:48:27 AM
I just got an email from one of my best friends...

He lost 1000 Bitcoins on MyBitcoin.com   

He has heard no reply whatsoever to any of his emails to them.

Of course, I am the one who recommended MyBitcoin to him.

Imagine how I feel about that.
legendary
Activity: 1536
electronic [r]evolution
July 07, 2011, 07:47:39 AM
Hmmm, well I've never had a problem with MyBitcoin. I just cashed out because you guys are making me worried, but I got my bitcoins from them fine. I will continue to use their services, but I wont store excessive amounts of BTC with them. If they implement a password recovery mechanism they will solve a lot of problems.
Activity: 336
July 07, 2011, 06:30:50 AM
Reports seem to be very consistent. 

(1)   Lose your password. 
(2)   No communication. 
(3)   In effect, they've kept your money. 

Let's hope that's not really their business plan... not really their intention. 
Activity: 462
July 06, 2011, 11:35:02 PM
Anyone who wants to give feedback to mybitcoin.com, feel free to do so here. You may notice there's a trend there already.

http://www.bitcoinfeedback.com/viewuser.php?id=195
Pages:
Jump to: