Pages:
Author

Topic: Mybitcoin is a scam! - page 5. (Read 24616 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
God creats math and math creats bitcoin.
July 05, 2011, 01:55:53 PM
Well, another disaster and bad publicity for bitcoin.
That's why I always disagree the Anonymity in the import business of bitcoin like bank and exchanges. I always ask the service provider to declare who they are and where they run their business.

Dude, it's business, if you really think bitcoin is a currency. Be a real merchants who with an open attitude to the publicity and take responsibilities. Please don't hide behind the Tor net and start a weird business like mybitcoin.

We will see some other liars who will claim who they are and located in somewhere of USA, and lots of people will get robbed by those liars again.

Some trustworthy centralization is unavoidable. I just hope the competition and post on this forum will drive those liars out as soon as they show the first sign of cheating.

Again, Flexcoin.com is Ponzi game. You'd better not join the game unless you're sure that you're the earlist one or the owner of the flexcoin is your fucking boy and will share with his profit with you after he runs to Mexico from U.S. where he claimed be. Or he is in Mexico now, who knows?
Activity: 336
Merit: 252
July 05, 2011, 01:51:46 PM

We're in the process of revising the BitcoinMe.com page where we recommend how to Buy, Use, and Store your Bitcoins.

The new graphic being designed right now (as we speak) will look like this:

(1)   All the forms of money

(2)   Convert it into cash

(3a)   Option 1 is to use a Local Exchanger - like btcnearme.com etc., etc.

(3b)   Option 2 is to use an Automated Online Exchanger - like tradehill.com, mtgox.com, etc., etc.

(4)   Your Bitcoin "Checking Account" - generally smaller amounts - like less than one months income - for day-to-day transactions:  Run the Bitcoin app on your PC with your wallet stored in an encrypted volume, making certain you have no viruses.  Note that running the Bitcoin app all the time is also recommended because it helps strengthen the Bitcoin Network for everyone.   (see linked video tutorial)

(5)   Your Bitcoin "Savings Account" - for larger amounts - like long-term savings:  Follow the video tutorial to create a totally secure encrypted off-line and backed-up wallet for an easy-to-use bitcoin address for making frequent "deposits" and infrequent "withdrawals".    (see linked video tutorial)
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
You are WRONG!
July 05, 2011, 01:36:29 PM
I recognize the sarcastic tone, but I couldn't understand your point.  Surely you are not saying a federal reserve note is real money, are you?  Ultimately, the only real money is something I can eat.

A number at mybitcoin is not a real Bitcoin. The most important thing about a real Bitcoin is that nobody but you knows the private keys.
+1
Activity: 168
Merit: 103
July 05, 2011, 01:34:29 PM
I recognize the sarcastic tone, but I couldn't understand your point.  Surely you are not saying a federal reserve note is real money, are you?  Ultimately, the only real money is something I can eat.

A number at mybitcoin is not a real Bitcoin. The most important thing about a real Bitcoin is that nobody but you knows the private keys.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
July 05, 2011, 01:20:22 PM
Activity: 774
Merit: 500
Look ARROUND!
July 05, 2011, 01:16:17 PM

Let us dispense financial advice on a forum for people who paid real money for fake internet money.  You need to take better care to protect your fake internet money.  Oh that real money you've lost?  Yeah, we're not going to talk about that...
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
July 05, 2011, 12:49:12 PM
Entrusting your money to a web site registered to a PO Box in the West Indies with numerous complaints of theft is a bad idea. It really looks like their business model is to steal accounts, just not all of them at once (since that would make it too obvious that they were a scam all along).

Using an "online wallet service" is a terrible idea. You're entrusting your money to an anonymous scammer.
July 05, 2011, 12:37:33 PM
My loss is a bit more substantial.  Let me know if you hear anything.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
July 05, 2011, 11:55:33 AM
I lost 0.5 BTC to them during an autopay when they went down on the 3rd.  I emailed and received no response so far.  FFS it's only 0.5 BTC, but it's my 1/2 coin not theirs. 

I will be patient, but I will not send any more coins to them until this is cleared up and may just send directly to Gox in the future.
July 05, 2011, 11:34:51 AM
Alright, I'll make it official. Mybitcoin is not a company to do business with. Avoid them at all costs.

Over a week ago my login credentials didn't work. Only at that time did I realize that mybitcoin has no way to recover passwords.  I found previous threads where people had trouble with mybitcoin (duh) and tried the email under whois ([email protected]) which didn't work. I created a second account to send a message about my first account, but now, days later, still no response.

Please also avoid their banner ad company, Link2voip, also. Nothing against them, but maybe if Link2voip feels a little shun they will pressure mybitcoin to come clean.

Mybitcoin's behavior is a little confusing because they apparently were, at one time, a good service.  They have put a considerable effort into their site, they seem to have ambitions to expand as a bitcoin business, and their proprietor, Mr Williams, came forth and acted all CEOish during the recent Mt Gox debacle.

Unfortunately, new users are often being steered into their clutches. Bitcoinme.com pretty much tells new users to put their coins into Mybitcoin:

Check out a better image at:

http://bitcoinme.com/index.php/buy/

I have asked Bruce Wagner of bitcoinme.com to stop promoting them and he said he would, but we'll see. I am on a campaign to get the truth out about mybitcoin.  If they come clean I will be the first to announce it.  If you have any helpful information or have a similar story to tell I hope you will include it here.

Thanks for your attention.
Pages:
Jump to: