Pages:
Author

Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet - page 33. (Read 586161 times)

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
November 07, 2016, 04:50:45 PM
i'm in the same boat. i just priced up sending 1 btc, albeit with maybe 20-25 inputs, the priority fee is $40 freaking dollars. what is going on? this is on android.

WTF? $40 is insane. Did you pay that?
I was also charged strangely high fee yesterday for normal priority tx. 0.00107 for 1.5kb. Much higher than I'd expect, but I can live with that and it was more less in line with http://bitcoinfees.21.co suggested fees.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164
November 07, 2016, 12:06:04 PM
Thanks for the warning. I have Mycelium but do not use it much, Breadwallet has been handling fees OK if I do use Mycelium to send I will be very careful to double check fees.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
November 07, 2016, 11:29:21 AM
Mycelium bases the fee levels on current network load, because the more transactions are waiting, the higher the fee needs to be to guarantee fast inclusion in a block.

So yeah , if there is a high transaction volume, and you pick the highest fee level possible because you want to make sure to get the transaction confirmed asap, and you have a transaction 20 times the size of a usual one... then the fee is high.

doesn't this leave things open for miners gaming the system?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/5bizrb/1block_confirmation_fee_estimates_are_absurdly/d9ozcfb/

this implies that all it takes is for one miner to demand crazy high fees and then every wallet adjusts accordingly and throws everything off.
Activity: 695
Merit: 500
November 07, 2016, 10:12:30 AM
Thanks! That got rid of the red "Backup missing" label. I would like it if Mycelium were precise in its messages. It should obviously say, "Backup not verified", instead of, "Backup missing", if the backup is not missing.

Maybe it could say "backup possibly missing, please verify backup". That should lead the user right on track about what the situation is.

Yes, sounds good, and is technically only a minimal change, but still quite helpful.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
November 07, 2016, 09:27:46 AM
Thanks! That got rid of the red "Backup missing" label. I would like it if Mycelium were precise in its messages. It should obviously say, "Backup not verified", instead of, "Backup missing", if the backup is not missing.

Maybe it could say "backup possibly missing, please verify backup". That should lead the user right on track about what the situation is.
Activity: 707
November 07, 2016, 09:19:16 AM
i'm in the same boat. i just priced up sending 1 btc, albeit with maybe 20-25 inputs, the priority fee is $40 freaking dollars. what is going on? this is on android.

Mycelium bases the fee levels on current network load, because the more transactions are waiting, the higher the fee needs to be to guarantee fast inclusion in a block.

So yeah , if there is a high transaction volume, and you pick the highest fee level possible because you want to make sure to get the transaction confirmed asap, and you have a transaction 20 times the size of a usual one... then the fee is high.
Activity: 438
Merit: 250
November 07, 2016, 12:54:30 AM
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
November 06, 2016, 09:29:26 PM
Activity: 707
November 06, 2016, 07:43:58 PM
What is up with this fee? I send $19 and they charge me $4? Even with priority fee set I don't see how they take almost 25% of my transaction. What the heck is up with this?

http://imgur.com/a/gOcK6

It is not "them" charging you. The money doesn't get paid to mycelium, it is paid as a miner fee to get your transaction provessed. It does also not depend on the transacted amount but on the data size of the transaction. It doesn't matter whether you send 19 dollar or 19000 dollar, but it does matter whether you combine a lot of inputs (sending money you received in lots of small transactions.

And most of all, before actually hitting the send button, you can see what the fee will be. If you are unhappy with it, change the fee level bevor sending it out.
Activity: 412
Merit: 100
The Protocol for the Audience Economy
November 06, 2016, 10:15:33 AM
What is up with this fee? I send $19 and they charge me $4? Even with priority fee set I don't see how they take almost 25% of my transaction. What the heck is up with this?

http://imgur.com/a/gOcK6
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
November 06, 2016, 03:56:08 AM

Mycelium token Where to trade?

BitSquare
Activity: 438
Merit: 250
November 02, 2016, 04:02:18 AM

Mycelium token Where to trade?
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
November 01, 2016, 12:03:28 PM
after i create a new hd account, 47 private keys just appeared and in the transaction tab  there has input and output that i dont know where they came from.

Create a few more.

What do you mean? Should i create more hd accounts? Before my phone got bootloop i had i think 3 to 4 hd accounts and each hd accounts have balances. But after i retrieve it only one hd back.

Yes, I would recommend creating a few more HD accounts and see if the new ones have transaction histories you recognize. The worst that will happen is that they have no transactions and you can delete them again.

I have to at the moment is it possible to get the hd account which has a balnace back? Its not big money but the adresses from that hd account are what more important. They are bind to some of my account. Ok i will try your suggestion.

Yes, your seed will always create the same HD accounts. So, if you recover a seed that had 3 HD accounts, just create two more HD accounts and you will see all your addresses/coins.
legendary
Activity: 1736
November 01, 2016, 12:02:19 PM
Got the latest Mycelium (v2.8.5 / 28500), here's a screenshot of my 'Accounts' page: (blurred out any identifying details)

Question, what are those two "USD" labels doing there?

When checking again later, I noticed it showed "xxx BTC" there, apparently the total amount of BTC in all HD accounts as well as the total in other accounts. By the way I didn't blur out or remove any USD amounts in my screenshot, it just said "USD" there, no amount.

Note: in I don't have Coinapult or Cashila or Glidera or any other fiat related features enabled. And my local currency is set to EUR (and USD is UNchecked).
Exchange source is set to Kraken, if that's relevant.

Is this a bug, i.e. does it perhaps erratically display USD there regardless of what local currency (or currencies) I have enabled in settings?

At the bottom of the screen there is "Total"... tap on that (number) and it will swap from your select Fiat (USD) to BTC.
Activity: 700
morir es descansar
October 24, 2016, 03:29:38 AM
after i create a new hd account, 47 private keys just appeared and in the transaction tab  there has input and output that i dont know where they came from.

Create a few more.

What do you mean? Should i create more hd accounts? Before my phone got bootloop i had i think 3 to 4 hd accounts and each hd accounts have balances. But after i retrieve it only one hd back.

Yes, I would recommend creating a few more HD accounts and see if the new ones have transaction histories you recognize. The worst that will happen is that they have no transactions and you can delete them again.

I have to at the moment is it possible to get the hd account which has a balnace back? Its not big money but the adresses from that hd account are what more important. They are bind to some of my account. Ok i will try your suggestion.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
October 22, 2016, 03:12:49 AM

Create a few more.

legendary
Activity: 1176
October 19, 2016, 06:05:24 PM
It shows the value of your bit coin in the currency you have chosen
Yeah I assumed something like that, however in my Mycelium settings I have chosen EUR, not USD. So it seems a bug (wrong currency).
Activity: 700
morir es descansar
October 18, 2016, 07:29:57 AM

Create a few more.

Activity: 896
Merit: 553
October 18, 2016, 07:18:07 AM
It shows the value of your bit coin in the currency you have chosen
legendary
Activity: 1176
October 16, 2016, 12:43:11 PM
Got the latest Mycelium (v2.8.5 / 28500), here's a screenshot of my 'Accounts' page: (blurred out any identifying details)

Question, what are those two "USD" labels doing there?

When checking again later, I noticed it showed "xxx BTC" there, apparently the total amount of BTC in all HD accounts as well as the total in other accounts. By the way I didn't blur out or remove any USD amounts in my screenshot, it just said "USD" there, no amount.

Note: in I don't have Coinapult or Cashila or Glidera or any other fiat related features enabled. And my local currency is set to EUR (and USD is UNchecked).
Exchange source is set to Kraken, if that's relevant.

Is this a bug, i.e. does it perhaps erratically display USD there regardless of what local currency (or currencies) I have enabled in settings?
Pages:
Jump to: