Pages:
Author

Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet - page 86. (Read 586242 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Decentralized thinking
July 23, 2014, 01:16:49 PM
Been waiting for the new version of this wonderful wallet, is there any E.T.A Smiley
Activity: 441
Merit: 250
July 22, 2014, 11:19:47 AM
you are correct, in fact, that's what we are coding right now for the HD wallet api.

You guys are the best! Will there be a specification?
Activity: 668
Merit: 501
July 22, 2014, 09:20:14 AM
is there a plan to develop an iphone version?
thx Smiley

Nope. Not in our plans yet. Two operating systems and development environments are quite different, so doing a port would take up a considerable amount of work and time, which we can't spare right now. We wouldn't mind some developer picking up the project and doing it themselves, since Mycelium code is available on github, but so far no one offered.

I'm not sure if Mycelium is using BCCAPI like Bitcoin Spinner was but if it is, I'd like to renew my call for it to use a portable data format (like JSON or XML) rather than the serialized Java objects that it did when I last looked into it. That would open the API to much wider adoption (if that would be a desirable outcome to you guys). Throwing an iphone wallet on top of that would be easier than from-scratch.

Not that I'm going to write it. I'm Android all the way Smiley

you are correct, in fact, that's what we are coding right now for the HD wallet api.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
July 21, 2014, 01:26:36 PM
thx Smiley

Nope. Not in our plans yet. Two operating systems and development environments are quite different, so doing a port would take up a considerable amount of work and time, which we can't spare right now. We wouldn't mind some developer picking up the project and doing it themselves, since Mycelium code is available on github, but so far no one offered.

I'm not sure if Mycelium is using BCCAPI like Bitcoin Spinner was but if it is, I'd like to renew my call for it to use a portable data format (like JSON or XML) rather than the serialized Java objects that it did when I last looked into it. That would open the API to much wider adoption (if that would be a desirable outcome to you guys). Throwing an iphone wallet on top of that would be easier than from-scratch.

Not that I'm going to write it. I'm Android all the way Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
July 21, 2014, 12:52:19 PM

Minor feature request:

In "Transaction details", allow to copy the hash directly to the clipboard. Makes it quicker to email it somebody.

Additionally, for the redirect, allow the user to select other targets (in Settings), i.e. blockexplorer.com, btc.blockr.io or live.insight.is
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
July 15, 2014, 10:53:23 AM
So, I have a question regarding its backup format. Is it importable into other Bitcoin wallets or only Mycelium?

It is importable only into the Mycelium Wallet, but if needed, you can use the provided backup tool to decrypt it and have a standard wallet import format.

Very good to know, makes me much more comfortable!
Activity: 707
Merit: 500
July 15, 2014, 05:22:56 AM
So, I have a question regarding its backup format. Is it importable into other Bitcoin wallets or only Mycelium?

It is importable only into the Mycelium Wallet, but if needed, you can use the provided backup tool to decrypt it and have a standard wallet import format.
Activity: 707
Merit: 500
July 15, 2014, 05:19:43 AM
Since Bitcoin Core 0.9, the default transaction fee ('relayfee' in bitcoin.conf) was changed from 0.0001 (or 0.1 milliBTC or 100 bits) to 0.00001 BTC (or 0.01 milliBTC or 10 bits) per kilobyte.
Any chance this can be applied in Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet too?

The relayfee is the minimum amount the transaction has to be, in order for the node to relay it. This is to prevent spam from propagating, and is _NOT_ the default transaction fee, or guaranteed to have some miner include the transaction, or whatever. It is just the threshold for forwarding the transaction to other nodes. That said, the transaction fee stuff will eventually be reworked. We cant say exactly how and when right now, but its on the list.
legendary
Activity: 2450
July 14, 2014, 03:06:00 PM

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003
July 14, 2014, 05:09:55 AM
Since Bitcoin Core 0.9, the default transaction fee ('relayfee' in bitcoin.conf) was changed from 0.0001 (or 0.1 milliBTC or 100 bits) to 0.00001 BTC (or 0.01 milliBTC or 10 bits) per kilobyte.

Any chance this can be applied in Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet too?

One of the advantages of Bitcoin used to be 'almost free' transactions. But with todays currency rates, 0.0001 BTC is 4~5 euro cents, which is (even though it's obviously a small amount of money) still a lot more than consumers pay on regular bank wire transfers. Also, for micropayments (typically less than one euro) or small donations, a 4~5 cent fee is a pretty high percentage.

So, fixing Mycelium to use the official Bitcoin Core tx fee would help a lot in convincing people to give Bitcoin a try and put it to use in actual economic traffic!
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
July 11, 2014, 11:35:04 AM
thx Smiley

i can understand you. how about adding another goal to your indiegogo campaign for an iphone version?

Eventually, maybe, but we can't really handle more projects right now, and running an Indiegogo campaign is a project by itself
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
July 10, 2014, 05:55:25 AM
thx Smiley

i can understand you. how about adding another goal to your indiegogo campaign for an iphone version?
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
July 10, 2014, 03:53:28 AM
thx Smiley

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
July 09, 2014, 07:54:25 PM
probably it has been asked in that thread, but i could not find it. sorry in advance.

as apple's new t&c might grant wallets etc. a chance for a comeback, is there a plan to develop an iphone version?
thx Smiley
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
July 08, 2014, 09:52:50 AM
A minor suggestion: when entering the PIN number, it would be nice if the virtual keys were randomly scrambled (and maybe that could be a configurable setting). Thx.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003
July 08, 2014, 09:36:05 AM
I love Mycelium and it's absolutely my #1 recommended wallet for Android users.

One issue: on several occassions I noticed that when receiving a "real life" (face to face) payment with a Mycelium wallet, sometimes it takes quite long before the payment is even visible. I open my Mycelium wallet, show them my QR, they scan it (regardless of what wallet they use: also Mycelium, or Andreas Schildbach, or something else) and send the payment. Then it often takes 10-20 sec or even more before my Mycelium wallet even notifies the payment.

This is quite long. For online / web payments this may be fine but when transmitting money person to person, it should poll for incoming transactions more frequently (like with Andreas Schildbach which is almost instantly). Of course, confirmation is a different story, I'm justing talking about seeing the transaction on the network.

P.S. Mycelium deserves its own alternative client subforum!

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
July 04, 2014, 09:58:44 AM
Not quite yet, but it should, and we are going to add it.

Cool! Thanks!

I've used Mycelium since it forked from Spinner and I must say it keeps improving. Good work!
Thank you!
We are in major coding mode for the upcoming Mycelium 2.0. The wallet will change a lot on the inside, but may not look that different from a UI perspective.
except for BIP32/39/43/44 support and then some, did I say Trezor compatible Grin
... something to work on in the summer heat. Give us a few months

I am very impatient on BIP32 and 39. What are bip43 and 44. They are not listed here : https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitcoin_Improvement_Proposals
https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0044.mediawiki seems to be the hierarchy that Trezor uses. BIP 44 builds on top of BIP43.

Thanks, bitcoin wiki is not up to date. I am going to read these bips. Sounds promising.
Jan
legendary
Activity: 1043
July 04, 2014, 09:53:45 AM

Cool! Thanks!

I've used Mycelium since it forked from Spinner and I must say it keeps improving. Good work!
Thank you!
We are in major coding mode for the upcoming Mycelium 2.0. The wallet will change a lot on the inside, but may not look that different from a UI perspective.
except for BIP32/39/43/44 support and then some, did I say Trezor compatible Grin

I am very impatient on BIP32 and 39. What are bip43 and 44. They are not listed here : https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitcoin_Improvement_Proposals
https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0044.mediawiki seems to be the hierarchy that Trezor uses. BIP 44 builds on top of BIP43.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
July 04, 2014, 09:10:56 AM

Cool! Thanks!

Thank you!

Jan
legendary
Activity: 1043
July 04, 2014, 09:01:08 AM

Cool! Thanks!

Thank you!
Pages:
Jump to: