Pages:
Author

Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet - page 91. (Read 586242 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
May 24, 2014, 01:27:11 AM
Another thing I can't believe I missed; why isn't there a sendmany type option to include multiple outputs?
We are very keen on keeping the UI simple while being rich on features. This means making many tough choices. Sendmany is IMO a feature you would rarily use on a mobile wallet, actually you are the first one asking for it.

I think it's funny I'm the first. Maybe you could use expert mode to add features like these so normal users don't need it. Can't it just be in the send menu? I think a good spot for it would just be a little plus sign on the screen you input the amount on, somewhere around the send button.

+1!!

When I use Mycelium to spend from cold storage I want the change to flow to a new address. New change addresses enhance privacy, and allow me to not worry about malware on my phone stealing the key to my cold storage (I only load the private key when I'm about to spend from cold storage). Alternatively, I could simply add a second output when I spend from cold storage. That would probably be the safest option, and I like RGBKey's UI suggestion.

Perhaps HD wallets will be just what I need, but perhaps not. I like using a small number of unrelated addresses.

In any case, thank you for a fantastic app! I happily recommend Mycelium to others.
Jan
legendary
Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002
May 23, 2014, 10:05:27 AM
Is local trader data (time of trade, price, which fiat currency, volume) available via the API?
Not yet. We have the world map with all ads here: http://www.mycelium.com/lt/m
...and the raw data here: http://www.mycelium.com/lt/m/data/ads.xml

We are still improving and adding stuff. Expect an update next week.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
May 23, 2014, 09:55:51 AM
Is local trader data (time of trade, price, which fiat currency, volume) available via the API?
Jan
legendary
May 21, 2014, 04:01:47 AM
Hmmm, I heard about that. Wasn't that project stuck because of financial stuff?

From the Trezor thread:
BitcoinCard (Mycelium) never took preorders, and never will. The delay reasons are "still looking for hardware advanced enough to fulfill our vision" rather than "had trouble with cases." What Mycelium is making is way more complex, but there is finally a finish line in sight... [...]

I also recall a post from Jan, saying something to that effect. Can't find it right now though.
With a little luck we may be able to show two very interesting hardware devices at the Vienna conference: http://cebexpo.net/
And let me add "Not making preorders doean't mean that we are not working on itGrin
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
May 21, 2014, 03:55:59 AM

From the Trezor thread:
BitcoinCard (Mycelium) never took preorders, and never will. The delay reasons are "still looking for hardware advanced enough to fulfill our vision" rather than "had trouble with cases." What Mycelium is making is way more complex, but there is finally a finish line in sight... [...]

I also recall a post from Jan, saying something to that effect. Can't find it right now though.
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
May 21, 2014, 01:06:37 AM
Congratulations. The price is well deserved. You all are doing a great job and I am expecting a lot of awesomeness in the future. Grin

It's been all software awesomness to this point. Just wait till we get the hardware awesomness out  Cool
Did I miss something? Do you need to confess something, hmm?
http://bitcoincard.org/
Activity: 854
Merit: 658
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
May 20, 2014, 10:07:33 PM
Congratulations. The price is well deserved. You all are doing a great job and I am expecting a lot of awesomeness in the future. Grin

It's been all software awesomness to this point. Just wait till we get the hardware awesomness out  Cool
http://bitcoincard.org/
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
May 20, 2014, 04:36:50 PM

legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
May 20, 2014, 04:34:00 PM

Waiting since 2012.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
May 20, 2014, 03:01:29 PM

copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
May 19, 2014, 05:53:48 AM
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
May 19, 2014, 02:36:00 AM
Congrats to the developer team!

yes, congratulations. It's well deserved. Rassah, you're doing a great job interfacing with the community all over the place, too.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
May 16, 2014, 12:59:35 PM
With Buy Ads, Mycelium Local Trader Becomes a Fully Functional Exchange

http://bitcoinmagazine.com/13079/buy-ads-mycelium-local-trader-becomes-fully-functional-exchange/

Also:

Congrats to the developer team!
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
May 15, 2014, 01:00:01 AM
OK, so you can use addresses in local trader other than the address whose key is associated with the local trader account?  If so, my concerns were misplaced.
Yes, you can perfectly use a single address only for login at local trader (this is the one which is associated with your username) and never have any Bitcoins on it.  Smiley You can send and receive from other addresses in your wallet.
Activity: 869
Merit: 585
May 14, 2014, 04:44:10 PM

The address you send from or receive with depends on the currently selected address just when you send / receive funds with the wallet. So the transactions used for trading only occur with the local trader access address if this is where you store your coins. You can even put the local trader address in your archive.

Hope this clarifies Smiley
OK, so you can use addresses in local trader other than the address whose key is associated with the local trader account?  If so, my concerns were misplaced.
Jan
legendary
May 14, 2014, 02:19:40 PM
You cannot change the local trader address associated with a trader account.
The encrypted trade history of your account can only be decrypted with the private key of the address the trader account is associated with.

In the wallet, one has the advanced options, beyond making all transactions on a single address.

As you continue developing mycelium's capabilities, do you foresee enabling more advanced functionality in local trader?

I aspire to building a reputation as a trader, and I wish to make many transactions in the coming years.  Making all the transactions at the same address brings up privacy concerns.

As you work to integrate HD in the wallet, in the same vein, please consider making improvements in the flexiblity of local trader; perhaps syncing local trader with the main wallet's HD, for example.

The thing that makes the Local Trader address special is that its private key is used for authentication purposes (using bitcoin message signing) and for encrypting the communication with the peer you trade with (using an Elleptic Curve Diffie Hellman variant + AES & HMAC).
The address you send from or receive with depends on the currently selected address just when you send / receive funds with the wallet. So the transactions used for trading only occur with the local trader access if this is where you store your coins. You can even put the local trader address in your archive.

Once we get to HD nothing will change from a Local Trader perspective, it just uses the wallet you have with its current settings. If it happens to be a HD wallet then it will use new addresses for receiving coins and change.

Hope this clarifies Smiley
May 14, 2014, 01:05:23 PM
The encrypted trade history of your account can only be decrypted with the private key of the address the trader account is associated with.

In the wallet, one has the advanced options, beyond making all transactions on a single address.

As you continue developing mycelium's capabilities, do you foresee enabling more advanced functionality in local trader?

I aspire to building a reputation as a trader, and I wish to make many transactions in the coming years.  Making all the transactions at the same address brings up privacy concerns.

As you work to integrate HD in the wallet, in the same vein, please consider making improvements in the flexiblity of local trader; perhaps syncing local trader with the main wallet's HD, for example.
Jan
legendary
May 14, 2014, 07:05:51 AM
I don't think I see an answer to this question--

Is it possible to transfer your trader profile and reputation to another address?  
May 13, 2014, 09:24:09 PM
I don't think I see an answer to this question--

Is it possible to transfer your trader profile and reputation to another address?  
ffe
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
May 13, 2014, 05:05:11 PM

2. Spending from cold storage - change always flow back to your paper wallet
3. Spending from 'classic' addresses (the ones we have now)- change always flows back to the address that provided the most input.
(2 and 3 follow the same rules actually)

+1     Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: