Pages:
Author

Topic: MyEtherWallet Password - page 12. (Read 3076 times)

Activity: 301
Merit: 11
July 22, 2018, 01:22:15 AM
Once you create a wallet, it will not be replaced again. my suggestion is to create a new wallet, and note the password, private key, and eth address in the place that you think is safe.
Activity: 882
Merit: 253
July 22, 2018, 01:06:13 AM
I forgot my MyEtherWallet password. I don't see "forgot password" in MyEtherWallet website. Is this means that I can't change my password anymore? Anyone have suggestions about this matter? Kindly share it to me please. Thanks!

Do you know or have you save your private key ? Instead of opening your myetherwallet using password you can also use your private key in opening but I am telling you to be very careful when you're going to input your private key. Why ? There are lot of phishing sites that may get your key. If thay happened they can open your account and transfer all your tokens.
copper member
Activity: 269
Merit: 0
July 22, 2018, 12:14:24 AM
I forgot my MyEtherWallet password. I don't see "forgot password" in MyEtherWallet website. Is this means that I can't change my password anymore? Anyone have suggestions about this matter? Kindly share it to me please. Thanks!
If it is not the private key you are talking about then you are ok. Keep your private key safe, write it in a paper don't store it in PC. As long as you have your private key, you can open your wallet anytime. Just don't know what those password for.
Activity: 350
July 22, 2018, 12:06:41 AM
Your private keys will never be recovered unless you wrote it down or stored it in a safety folder or a flash drive. Take extra care when creating certain wallets because one day they might become a big help.
Activity: 23
July 21, 2018, 11:57:38 PM
For security reasons, MEW is not responsible for your password. You should save it somewhere safe enough
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
The Future Of Work
July 21, 2018, 11:53:39 PM
You will not be able to click "remind password". Because MEW doesn't save your password. You have 2 options:
1. Remember your password or find where you saved it,
2. You can log in with your private key. You should have downloaded it when you created the wallet.
unfortunately there are no more options. No one can help you.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
July 21, 2018, 11:50:26 PM
try searching for support contacts, if any. should you record the password, whatever it is, email, wallet, and also password account in this forum.
Activity: 409
Merit: 10
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
July 21, 2018, 11:49:45 PM

According what I know, if you don't have password when you sign in your wallet, may you try to use Metamask and import your private key to back up your wallet in Metamask. Let's try it
Activity: 206
July 21, 2018, 11:42:03 PM
In cryptos you are in charge of your passwords, address and private keys, it is not stored any where for you to retrieve it anytime you want, you can try to use their private key to access your wallet, if you have forgotten that too, it's a game over.
Activity: 812
Merit: 256
July 21, 2018, 11:39:38 PM
There is no way to get back the MyEtherWallet password. Because digital money has huge risks! Anyone who knows the private key has full rights to that address! Some of the wallet-supplied Web sites do not keep a Private key (MyEtherWallet) so it's not possible to recover it!
copper member
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
July 21, 2018, 11:28:11 PM

Theres no way to retrieve your password or private key. That the lesson we should learn from itbecause tjat our responsibility as a wallet owner. Before you forget it, just saved all important details of your wallet account including wallet address, private key and even your keystore UTC.So theirs no way for that so better luck next time my friend.
Activity: 2
July 21, 2018, 11:01:59 PM
Private key is very important and you can back up it if you forgot it. The solution is that you should create a new ETH wallet and don't forget to save the private key and the address.
Activity: 210
July 21, 2018, 10:55:49 PM
If you still have a private key or other password file, you don't need to worry, you just need to re-import it.
If you're creating it for the first time in MEW, you probably need to be worried because there's a high probability that you won't find it back.
Activity: 42
July 21, 2018, 10:45:04 PM
this is my problem, when i forgot my password, i don't have way to get it  Embarrassed
Activity: 336
July 21, 2018, 10:44:32 PM
maybe your talking about the json file which needs password to open, if you forgot your password then use your private keys to open your wallet. there are many options on how to access your wallet. your private keys is the one of the most important keys in mew its just like a key in a padlock without it you cant access your wallet and make sure you should keep it in secured place to avoid from hacking and losses.
Activity: 38
July 21, 2018, 10:05:35 PM
in ethereum, there are two different ways to control you account. one route is to utilize your private key. these are simply comprised of numbers, keys and letters. the other method to control you wallet is the UTC File together with you made secret key. one thing that you should play it safe is that you can never show signs of change you watchword again. so make sure to keep the UTC document together with your secret word in a bit of paper.
Activity: 107
July 09, 2018, 10:46:36 PM
I think thier are no solution on that. Try ask them or email them. Because for if i lost the password. I will immediately create a new one wallet
Activity: 28
July 09, 2018, 10:39:51 PM
Same to me. I lost private key and password. I can't send token from my wallet Sad
Activity: 206
July 09, 2018, 10:32:50 PM
Yeah exactly you cannot change your password anymore, but if you have your private intact then you you don't have anything to worry about, but if you still prefer using password then you can create new wallet and transfer all your tokens to the new wallet.
Activity: 560
Merit: 108
July 08, 2018, 11:49:40 AM
Do you mean myetherwallet  private key right? If it is than you loss your wallet and all the Crypto in it. Losing your private key of your myetherwallet, Tanks
Pages:
Jump to: