Pages:
Author

Topic: MyEtherWallet Password - page 18. (Read 3076 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 115
January 30, 2018, 04:00:41 AM
I forgot my MyEtherWallet password. I don't see "forgot password" in MyEtherWallet website. Is this means that I can't change my password anymore? Anyone have suggestions about this matter? Kindly share it to me please. Thanks!

There is no password.

When you created wallet on Myetherwallet you got your keys, you probably save them to your PC.
Because you have used them at least once to check your balance?

So the question you must ask yourself did you ever opened your wallet after initial creation, if not there is a good chance that you never downloaded your keys in the first place.

Activity: 490
Merit: 100
January 30, 2018, 03:57:41 AM
I forgot my MyEtherWallet password. I don't see "forgot password" in MyEtherWallet website. Is this means that I can't change my password anymore? Anyone have suggestions about this matter? Kindly share it to me please. Thanks!
I'm afraid you probably can not be helped anymore, unless of course you saved the private access key that is issued when you register your wallet. Perhaps, of course, I'm mistaken, because I'm not an expert in MEW. But I think you should try to write in support.
Activity: 38
Merit: 2
January 30, 2018, 03:53:12 AM
Do you mean you forgot your private key? There is no way to retreive your private key. You are the only one responsible for your private key.

Copied from the MeW website:

MyEtherWallet.com does not hold your keys for you. We cannot access accounts, recover keys, reset passwords, nor reverse transactions. Protect your keys & always check that you are on correct URL.  You are responsible for your security.

Activity: 196
Merit: 0
January 30, 2018, 03:48:55 AM
Pages:
Jump to: