Pages:
Author

Topic: NASA has found water on MARS!! - page 7. (Read 6934 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
September 29, 2015, 10:06:48 AM
This news is not 100% believable. The atmospheric pressure in Mars is not high enough to sustain the presence of liquid water. Due to the low atmospheric pressure, the water will be vaporized, and lost to outer-space. That is the reason why only the heavy gases (such as Carbon di Oxide and Methane) are present in the martian atmosphere.

Because the news presents "a hydrate" as "water."  It's not, of course.

Ojha and his team have watched these lineae form every Martian summer, growing wider week after week until they slowly fade come winter—exactly the times and places where conditions are right for liquid water to exist on Mars. Plus, the surface is crusted with salt, which could help stabilize liquid water so it doesn’t boil or freeze.

Ojha notes that they haven’t actually observed water flowing on Mars. The team took their data from the CRISM instrument on the Mars Reconnaisance Orbiter, which, frustratingly, only observes the surface every day at 3 pm. That’s when Mars is at its hottest and driest, so any liquid water oozing on the surface would have long since evaporated by the time MRO laid eyes on it.

Still, the water left a distinctive chemical trace. “Whatever is flowing on Mars is hydrating the salt,” Ojha says, “and we’re seeing that hydration in the spectral signature.” After extracting spectral information from pixels of the CRISM instrument’s data, Ojha and his team determined that the salts—magnesium perchlorate, magnesium chlorate, and sodium perchlorate—had water molecules interspersed in their crystal structures. That’s pretty strong evidence that they were deposited by flowing water.

we know that there is ice on mars - another form of water no biggie.
but liquid water is big, because it is - atleast for us - the base of life, so there might be aliens right now living on mars :9
Oh, hydrating the salt is a big deal?

Concrete - hydrated.....

Geophysically, there is nothing that would prevent large underground liquid water deposits on Mars.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
September 29, 2015, 08:59:19 AM
This news is not 100% believable. The atmospheric pressure in Mars is not high enough to sustain the presence of liquid water. Due to the low atmospheric pressure, the water will be vaporized, and lost to outer-space. That is the reason why only the heavy gases (such as Carbon di Oxide and Methane) are present in the martian atmosphere.

Because the news presents "a hydrate" as "water."  It's not, of course.

Ojha and his team have watched these lineae form every Martian summer, growing wider week after week until they slowly fade come winter—exactly the times and places where conditions are right for liquid water to exist on Mars. Plus, the surface is crusted with salt, which could help stabilize liquid water so it doesn’t boil or freeze.

Ojha notes that they haven’t actually observed water flowing on Mars. The team took their data from the CRISM instrument on the Mars Reconnaisance Orbiter, which, frustratingly, only observes the surface every day at 3 pm. That’s when Mars is at its hottest and driest, so any liquid water oozing on the surface would have long since evaporated by the time MRO laid eyes on it.

Still, the water left a distinctive chemical trace. “Whatever is flowing on Mars is hydrating the salt,” Ojha says, “and we’re seeing that hydration in the spectral signature.” After extracting spectral information from pixels of the CRISM instrument’s data, Ojha and his team determined that the salts—magnesium perchlorate, magnesium chlorate, and sodium perchlorate—had water molecules interspersed in their crystal structures. That’s pretty strong evidence that they were deposited by flowing water.

we know that there is ice on mars - another form of water no biggie.
but liquid water is big, because it is - atleast for us - the base of life, so there might be aliens right now living on mars :9
Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
4 Mana 7/7
September 29, 2015, 07:24:00 AM
Breaking news!! Thanks for the info man, but I'm sure everyone in the world has been informed by google of the news today from the doodle
Quite creative I must say
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
September 29, 2015, 07:22:39 AM
I also think I remember I heard this news a long time ago so really don't understand why is this so big news now Smiley
I was expecting some really shocking news like, for example, that they find a life on MARS!
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
Soon, I have to go away.
September 28, 2015, 04:17:16 PM
I remember see this video, way cool and pretold before NASA (Never a Straight answer)

Published on Nov 27, 2014  Mars Scientific Proof of Life, Oxygen, Methane, Ozone, & Flowing Water.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 28, 2015, 04:01:45 PM
I thought mars was too cold to have water in liquid form. I guess not?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
September 28, 2015, 03:59:04 PM
Big announcement?  I thought we know about that a long time that Mars had water?  Was I wrong?  What else could be the announcement?
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
September 28, 2015, 03:57:59 PM
If they found ice there before then this isn't that exciting to me

I do not know if it is water...
but if fish are in it...then certainly.

LOL. Now finding fish in it certainly would be exciting. The best you could hope for is bacteria.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars
September 28, 2015, 02:34:07 PM
I do not know if it is water...
but if fish are in it...then certainly.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
September 28, 2015, 02:30:56 PM

Because the news presents "a hydrate" as "water."  It's not, of course.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
September 28, 2015, 02:24:12 PM
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
September 28, 2015, 02:20:03 PM
I have found many websites announcing the same thing. This isn't fake news:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/nasa-mars-announcment...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/space/11894339/nasa-announcement...
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/28/us/mars-nasa-announcement/

It's briny water flowing under the surface in Mars summer.

If there ARE micro-organisms in Mars water, then they came from earth.

Why not the other way round? Earth's micro-organisms came from Mars.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
September 28, 2015, 01:19:33 PM
If there is liquid water in Mars it will certainly have micro-organisms as well! Wired already published an article about the recent announcement.

http://www.wired.com/2015/09/nasa-salty-liquid-water-on-mars/12?mbid=social_fb

If there aren't any micro-organisms on Mars, then Mars water won't have any micro-organisms in it.

If there ARE micro-organisms in Mars water, then they came from earth.

There was a prehistoric, advanced, worldwide civilization on earth, long before the beginnings of ancient Egypt. Ancient Egypt has records of it. Some of the records had been handed down to the ancient Egyptians in the form of stories and mythology.

If you want to see the space rockets the ages-old, before-Egypt, ancient civilization had, look at the columns in the ancient Egyptian temple of Hathor, Goddess of the sky. These rockets had the engines at the top. Read about the mythology, the beliefs the ancient Egyptians held about Hathor, and see the ancient ancient civilization in the mythology.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027
September 28, 2015, 11:51:31 AM
If there is liquid water in Mars it will certainly have micro-organisms as well! Wired already published an article about the recent announcement.

http://www.wired.com/2015/09/nasa-salty-liquid-water-on-mars/12?mbid=social_fb
legendary
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
September 28, 2015, 09:16:44 AM
The flat-earthers would say that we haven't gone to Mars, or anywhere else "out there," and that NASA is all a lie to suck tax money out of the people.

Even if the flat-earthers are wrong, GET RID OF TAXATION, because it is making slaves out of people.

In this case, lots of people don't care one iota for stuff about MARS. They are too busy trying to find food for themselves and their family. GET RID OF TAXATION, because taxation is the reason that people are starving, while other people stupidly talk about water on Mars.

Smiley

Partly I agree with you, lots of stupid things which people don't need at all are sponsored by the Governmentget, but as everyone knows there are some useful things too, schools, hospitals, museums and scientific laboratories are among them. So maybe people should have more capability to controll where their taxes are going, but to get rid of taxation entirely is impossible in the modern world.

Schools are being used to brainwash the kids into thinking that there is a need for taxation and government.

Hospitals are using medicine to kill people - close to 100% of medicine is poison - rather than using nutrition to heal the people. And all this so that Big Pharma can make money, some of which they use to bribe government into letting them continue.

Museums are fun things rather than necessary things. They show us things of the dead that didn't help the dead to live.

Scientific laboratories live on a lie. They continue to bring up new theories that they can't prove, and then act like they are fact, knowing all along that they aren't. It's the engineers that make things work, mostly outside of the science that was discovered before. Then the scientists go and find out why the thing works, and take credit for something that the engineers put together.

Keep the engineers. Get rid of the taxation. Be free from the leaches.

Smiley

I can see your point. I was thinking the same way when I was much younger than I'm now.  Smiley
Then I realized that such claims may lead to a revolution which causes deaths of many innocent peolple ...
Maybe I just got too old, idk.
legendary
September 28, 2015, 08:40:48 AM
The flat-earthers would say that we haven't gone to Mars, or anywhere else "out there," and that NASA is all a lie to suck tax money out of the people.

Even if the flat-earthers are wrong, GET RID OF TAXATION, because it is making slaves out of people.

In this case, lots of people don't care one iota for stuff about MARS. They are too busy trying to find food for themselves and their family. GET RID OF TAXATION, because taxation is the reason that people are starving, while other people stupidly talk about water on Mars.

Smiley

Partly I agree with you, lots of stupid things which people don't need at all are sponsored by the Governmentget, but as everyone knows there are some useful things too, schools, hospitals, museums and scientific laboratories are among them. So maybe people should have more capability to controll where their taxes are going, but to get rid of taxation entirely is impossible in the modern world.

Schools are being used to brainwash the kids into thinking that there is a need for taxation and government.

Hospitals are using medicine to kill people - close to 100% of medicine is poison - rather than using nutrition to heal the people. And all this so that Big Pharma can make money, some of which they use to bribe government into letting them continue.

Museums are fun things rather than necessary things. They show us things of the dead that didn't help the dead to live.

Scientific laboratories live on a lie. They continue to bring up new theories that they can't prove, and then act like they are fact, knowing all along that they aren't. It's the engineers that make things work, mostly outside of the science that was discovered before. Then the scientists go and find out why the thing works, and take credit for something that the engineers put together.

Keep the engineers. Get rid of the taxation. Be free from the leaches.

Smiley
legendary
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
September 28, 2015, 08:30:58 AM

Smiley

legendary
September 28, 2015, 08:29:04 AM
Old news

But they already found ice on it so it's the new news. But the news is they found liquid water.
Oops I forgot to prefix 'liquid'.

Smiley
Fortunately I am not a citizen of America so I don't know much about there policies.
But,NASA is a genuine organisation.And I believe in whatever they do.
We humans have to save our species.And NASA is working on the same cause.
You will find resistance with every motion.

This post isn't about NASA.

This post isn't about saving the species.

This post is about freedom.

Look into the corruption in NASA sometime, to see why some people want to be free from supporting it.

Look into the growing population of earth that shows that the species isn't anywhere near needing saving, to see why some people want to be free from supporting the lunatic fringe that thinks it has any kind of control over saving some species.

Smiley
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Craig Wright is scammer.
September 28, 2015, 08:02:19 AM
Old news

But they already found ice on it so it's the new news. But the news is they found liquid water.
Oops I forgot to prefix 'liquid'.

Smiley
Fortunately I am not a citizen of America so I don't know much about there policies.
But,NASA is a genuine organisation.And I believe in whatever they do.
We humans have to save our species.And NASA is working on the same cause.
You will find resistance with every motion.
legendary
September 28, 2015, 07:23:16 AM

Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: