Pages:
Author

Topic: [neㄘcash, ᨇcash, net⚷eys, or viᖚes?] Name AnonyMint's vapor coin? - page 46. (Read 95256 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

Don't care about eating crow and will never invest in your Coin no matter how good it is because you continually assault anyone that have any objections. You have this "higher than thou" attitude that I find absolutely repulsive, you have a high mathematical aptitude but suck at social interactions.

+1, my sentiments exactly. I wouldn't invest in this "coin" even if Giselle Bundchen came over and blew me every time I made a transaction. Not that it would ever happen... can't make a transaction with vapour  Cheesy

My 25 year old gf (half my age) is better looking and an order-of-magnitude more sexy than her (well depending on your preferences)! And more importantly, her attitude and personality is excellent (doesn't give me a lot of headaches that I would get from a typical female).

You guys have the ego problem. I simply do what I do. You guys are elbows and acrimony.

She (and I) are not always photogenic, but some of these nearly capture the live attraction. Click these to view larger:

And with the "old" man (me). The sleeveless shirt pics were in January 2015 (other pic taken when I was 26, and last pic was September was still recovering from fasting):

And this is from August driving to buy goat's milk, after I water-only fasted for 10+ days and dropped below 60 kg body weight (I appeared to be and was indeed very ill, and afair bed ridden soon after that trip):

Give me like 5 sentences or less why your project is going to be a game-changer and why.

Here:

CoinCube, you should recognize clearly that the solution to your enumerated list is a crypto-currency which is distributed in minute amounts to all citizens of the world. And which is not obtained through exchanges.

Once that is circulating and used in a myriad of popular activities on the internet, the elite can no longer stop it.

And this is precisely what I am preparing to launch.

Is this you, or somebody taking the piss?

[PRE-ANN] Ƀits [Bits] w/ anonymity - launching 01/12/2015
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--1235917

Interesting. Found these below, but not the bitscoin.io mentioned at your link. Blurb repeatedly mentioned "we".

...To protect the Bits crypto-token protocol usage, I registered the following domains:

bitscoin.org
bitscoin.us

I am amazed the first domain is available, because it is a one letter misspelling of bitcoin.org which is taken to be the official domain of Bitcoin. So if people start using bits and get confused with Bitcoin, they might type bitscoin and end up at my site. Note it appears bitscoin.com and bitscoin.net are both for sale (the latter for $1500)...

That is fine. Let them copy my ideas. If they gain any usership then I have those superior domains to reverse leech off those who leeched off me. Also I stated up thread that I was not thrilled about reusing Bitcoin's "bits", Bitstar's "BITS" and also close to existing coin name Bitz.

Any way, I have a superior name now. The name to conquer all other names! I will announce the new name when I announce availability of the testnet.

Also I have asked normal people what "bit coin" or "bits coin" means to them, and they all say "bitten coin" or "little bits of a coin", thus normal (n00b not programmers) people do not inherently associate it to digital money. The problem with a name containing "bit" is that if you try to market this broadly, people will not inherently understand it by the very important word-of-mouth (in my case Facebook Likes) viral marketing strategy.

Note I have been busy programming (literally 17 hours daily). I got mired down in trying to get a tool chain running for GUI C debugger. Cripes some things are just a lot fucking harder (on Linux) than used to be in days where I could install Visual C from CDrom and be done.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

looks shady..  Cool
Activity: 208
Merit: 103

Interesting. Found these below, but not the bitscoin.io mentioned at your link. Blurb repeatedly mentioned "we".

...To protect the Bits crypto-token protocol usage, I registered the following domains:

bitscoin.org
bitscoin.us

I am amazed the first domain is available, because it is a one letter misspelling of bitcoin.org which is taken to be the official domain of Bitcoin. So if people start using bits and get confused with Bitcoin, they might type bitscoin and end up at my site. Note it appears bitscoin.com and bitscoin.net are both for sale (the latter for $1500)...
Activity: 93
Merit: 10

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

Don't care about eating crow and will never invest in your Coin no matter how good it is because you continually assault anyone that have any objections. You have this "higher than thou" attitude that I find absolutely repulsive, you have a high mathematical aptitude but suck at social interactions.

+1, my sentiments exactly. I wouldn't invest in this "coin" even if Giselle Bundchen came over and blew me every time I made a transaction. Not that it would ever happen... can't make a transaction with vapour  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024
I registered:

inertia.social ($12)
inertias.net   ($9)
inerti.us      (only $4)
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
edit: hardware RAID is more reliable, has better performance..that's what sticked in my mind (based from what i've read back then)

To repeat what I wrote in my prior post, that is likely because RAID 5 and other levels that require extensive computation for the parity bit benefit from an additional hardware ASIC that is optimized for that specific computation. But it appears for RAID 1 that there is no such onerous computation, as the OS is simply writing two copies to two disks. Hardware controllers at another ~3% annual risk of failure to the existing ~1.5% annualized risk that an SSD will die. Also hardware controllers are proprietary and add another layer of issues to sort out.

this is an example scenario of what i'm saying that might be the right setup for you.

http://www.ahfx.net/weblog/182

RAID 5 has known issues that I think don't apply to RAID 1:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID#Standard_levels

Upon failure of a single drive, subsequent reads can be calculated from the distributed parity such that no data is lost. RAID 5 requires at least three disks.[11] RAID 5 is seriously affected by the general trends regarding array rebuild time and the chance of drive failure during rebuild.[22] Rebuilding an array requires reading all data from all disks, opening a chance for a second drive failure and the loss of entire array. In August 2012, Dell posted an advisory against the use of RAID 5 in any configuration on Dell EqualLogic arrays and RAID 50 with "Class 2 7200 RPM drives of 1 TB and higher capacity" for business-critical data.[23]

yeah. RAID 1 is simple, and the more simple the mechanism the more reliable it is..

- hot swappable + redundant power supply + redundant server + UPS (can be redundant too)  =  no downtime.

and...standby generator and backup internet link
right now you are spending all your time procrastinating, posting about conspiracy theories and making polls about nonsensical details.

Foolish statements made by blind fools are good for motivation and feedback (as well as providing a record of those who will "eat crow" soon).

The joke (and priorities suggestion) portion of your post was interpreted humorously (including the n00b, naive, humorous notion of de-prioritizing branding & marketing), but the quoted portion is not a factual statement (which you could have verified by simply checking my latest posts by clicking my profile before posting your comments).

I've been busy doing 1) math; and 2) designing how micro-transactions scale and the impacts of value hiding of (Compact or just) Confidential Transactions (which also pertains to my derivative Zero Knowledge Transactions):

1. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12964946

2. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/protection-against-botnet-ddos-of-invalid-signature-or-otherwise-transactions-1249015

Don't care about eating crow and will never invest in your Coin no matter how good it is because you continually assault anyone that have any objections. You have this "higher than thou" attitude that I find absolutely repulsive, you have a high mathematical aptitude but suck at social interactions. Time is ticking in order to gain network effect so why should I choose your project out of thousands of others when you can't manage to run a team without running them off? Are you going to solo the entire project?

Well that is good, we finally have someone who states they will never invest in anything I create. And then if what I create is spreading like wildfire to millions of users then you will simply step aside from crypto as Bitcoin dies, because YOUR EGO is bigger than YOUR RATIONALITY.

http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=1404

you have a high mathematical aptitude but suck at social interactions.

Personal social interaction is not marketing genius or luck which drives a million user adoption. Personal social interaction scales far too slowly. Duh. I couldn't even personally interact with a million people in my lifetime.

So my personality has nothing at all to do with it. This is I presume your butthurt ego standing in front of the line of your rationality telling you that I can't possibly succeed. If you say to yourself, "there he goes again using 'butthurt' and offending the community", my response is that I am tired of this forum and the attacks. Enough already! And besides this forum does not matter to the success of my project as you will soon see once you see my marketing and distribution method.

And also your assumption that I don't excel in social interactions is incorrect and based on some nonsense forum with 99.999% males who are constantly trying to prove their big egos. I have in fact entertained large groups at Comdex exhibits.

When it comes to interacting with other programmers in an open source setting, the key is to be factual and meritorious. That is what the A-listers want, because A-listers care about results, not time wasting egos. The B-listers of course are all elbows and acrimony and that is why you want them to go "contribute" to your competitor's open source in order to bog their project down in molasses and least common denominator groupthink. That means every eyeball is helpful and welcome, but even Linus Torvalds said he has about 5 people who he trusts and everyone else is an idiot. He is very outspoken this way, yet runs the largest and most successful open source project on the planet.

Time is ticking in order to gain network effect so why should I choose your project out of thousands of others when you can't manage to run a team without running them off? Are you going to solo the entire project?

1. Time is ticking.

2. I never ran off a team, I chose not to grab the opportunity to collaborate with others who offered, because flexibility is more important in the nascent stage. And because I didn't want to suck others into my grand experiment and make them suffer for any failure on my part. A team makes much more sense when they can contribute on their own volition to something that already has a demonstrated position. To organize a team when everything is a projection, requires a partnership in risk and binds people in ways that means I really can't lead 100% without taking responsibility for the effects of my decisions on others who have staked their future on their investment (contribution of effort and time).

3. I am solo right now, because it made the most sense after all considerations. But of course no one who is serious about long-term viability is going to remain solo on an open source crypto-currency any longer than it is beneficial to do so, which is a very short nascent stage when flexibility of leadership is a higher priority than the shared resources of open source.

Note that if I had an ongoing software engineering relationship experience with another or others, then it is possible I would have made the decision to leverage teamwork during the nascent stage, because I would have had confidence from past experience with those individuals that we possessed the working synergy to make it work at the stage where the ideas around the designs and the issues are changing so fast. Even just working in the same building so able to talk at-will instead of working virtually could have impacted that decision. But given the situation I have and the time criticality of releasing something asap, the decision was made that the quickest result would be to not involve any others in the programming and engineering. I have involved the community in the naming and marketing conceptualization in this thread.

Another failure of logic is to assume that a team of 3 guys could scale a crypto-currency any better than a solo developer. Unless you can get the project to the point where many, many people are contributing, then 3 programmers can't scale it by themselves. That is why it is irrational to conclude that a project with 2 devs is somehow more likely to succeed than a project with 1 dev. A project with 3 devs might be more likely to fail, because more opportunities for the 3 devs to cheat each other and cause a devolution of the project. The only thing that brings stability is long-term popularity of the project.
legendary
edit: hardware RAID is more reliable, has better performance..that's what sticked in my mind (based from what i've read back then)

To repeat what I wrote in my prior post, that is likely because RAID 5 and other levels that require extensive computation for the parity bit benefit from an additional hardware ASIC that is optimized for that specific computation. But it appears for RAID 1 that there is no such onerous computation, as the OS is simply writing two copies to two disks. Hardware controllers at another ~3% annual risk of failure to the existing ~1.5% annualized risk that an SSD will die. Also hardware controllers are proprietary and add another layer of issues to sort out.

this is an example scenario of what i'm saying that might be the right setup for you.

http://www.ahfx.net/weblog/182

legendary
i read about RAID back then..

SSD's killed RAID for performance.

RAID config used for redundancy is still very much alive so the computer have backups and with SDD's that can be hot swapped when a drive fails will help uptime since the computer don't need to be off to remove and replace the defective drive.

Can anyone add anything to my knowledge about software RAID 1?

Quote from: myself
I think I need to run a Raid 1 with 2 x SSD, and it seems you are selling a hardware controller solution for $25 per month, but I am thinking I don't want a hardware controller because it is another device that can fail. Linux has built in software RAID support, and it works very well with RAID 1. Really only need hardware conrtoller if using RAID 5.

we can setup software raid but STONGLY suggest against it
thats why we only offer hardware raid
and we would not support it going forward

I need RAID1 because my data is critical. I need to make sure the data is protected even between daily backups. Also Raid 1 will be 2X faster on random reads, which is a critical need of my application. I am not doing typical web site stuff. I am processing incoming crypto-currency transactions.

Why strongly suggest against software RAID?

I can be reasoned with. I haven't seen a reason in my research thus far. Why is it undesireable?

just what our hardware team and build team says...its software.....hardware is more reliable I think their mind

No your team wrote the opposite in your blog. Let me go find the link.

im just telling you what they tell me every time I ask about it
they say...go with hardware

https://www.hivelocity.net/blog/ssd-sata-vs-sata-raid-1-a-comparison-of-reliability-and-performance/

"Another issue with RAID is if an add-in RAID controller card is used. This introduces another point of failure. While most RAID cards will last a lifetime, approximately ~3% fail per year. In the event of a RAID card failure, you run the risk of your data being corrupted or entirely lost. Using on-board RAID is risky as well, if the mainboard fails, you risk losing the array, and your data. Either one will likely end up causing you a lot of downtime and misery."

By on-board RAID, I don't think they mean software RAID.

right

Also when they say you lose the array, I think they are refering to RAID 5 where there is no redundancy. RAID1 should be essentially the same as no RAID, except the OS writes 2 copies, one to each drive. If the motherboard dies, it is no worse than writing one copy to one drive.

It seems to me that the blog and the advice the tech guys gave you doesn't apply to software RAID 1. I will do some more research on it, to see if I am wrong about failure of the motherboard with s/w RAID 1.

well anything other than raid1

you can lose it in raid0,5 or 10

Agreed.

I will research more before ordering to make sure.

ok

I think we are almost done. Apologies to consume so much of your time.

Realize in the longer-term, I will need to get some smarter guys on these issues to harden them more. And willing to pay for that. So the RAID 1 setup is just a way to get through the initial months, while I am ramping up self-funded without any indication yet if this project will have a long life. So I am think the software RAID 1 is a reasonable step for the start.

sure you can do whatever you want and we can set it up for you
its just what we suggest

One more thought on the RAID issue is that if the hard disk dies I will lose data. With RAID1 I might not. I think there is a risk of losing data no matter what you do. That is why I am going to have an aggressive policy of writing changes periodically to the Cloud storage. So I need the RAID 1 so that when i am reading from files to write to backup, then my read bandwidth hasn't dived.

you can also get our back up service
takes a full server snap shot every day
and you can restore the whole server if you lose a drive
or a single file
its really nice

I am a programmer, so i think about the small details. The worry I have with your backup service is the way it may interfere as it tracks what has changed or not. I think I can do the backups more efficiently with my own coding because of the way I am always extending files then I know exactly what data has changed without needing complex tracking. In short, I can optimize backups more than a general backup solution. I think. I still will need a whole disk back up though, but only when I change OS configuration, so maybe I can just do those myself manually.

ok
just a thought

I am not sure. When I have more time, I will research the daily backups issue more in depth.

But that can come later. I want to get rolling asap on a server.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024
right now you are spending all your time procrastinating, posting about conspiracy theories and making polls about nonsensical details.

Foolish statements made by blind fools are good for motivation and feedback (as well as providing a record of those who will "eat crow" soon).

The joke (and priorities suggestion) portion of your post was interpreted humorously (including the n00b, naive, humorous notion of de-prioritizing branding & marketing), but the quoted portion is not a factual statement (which you could have verified by simply checking my latest posts by clicking my profile before posting your comments).

I've been busy doing 1) math; and 2) designing how micro-transactions scale and the impacts of value hiding of (Compact or just) Confidential Transactions (which also pertains to my derivative Zero Knowledge Transactions):

1. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12964946

2. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/protection-against-botnet-ddos-of-invalid-signature-or-otherwise-transactions-1249015

Don't care about eating crow and will never invest in your Coin no matter how good it is because you continually assault anyone that have any objections. You have this "higher than thou" attitude that I find absolutely repulsive, you have a high mathematical aptitude but suck at social interactions. Time is ticking in order to gain network effect so why should I choose your project out of thousands of others when you can't manage to run a team without running them off? Are you going to solo the entire project?
Does anyone have an opinion on which is better for a dedicated server host?

Hivelocity
Codero

Or any other suggestions? I am looking at (to start with) a E3-1230 v3, 16GB, dual s/w RAID 1 SSDs running Node.js as the web server.

On Hivelocity, I figure I can write frequent backups over the 1 Gbps private VLAN to the server mountable CloudStorage, in addition to the RAID 1 redundancy.

I have some tricks to maximize SSD performance and to track changes more efficiently because I am writing everything to files (absolutely no LAMP!) and always extending the file (with periodic batch file "defrag").

The two hosts above seem to be roughly the same price, but Codero includes the "Essential Management" service at no charge and Hivelocity requires cPanel to be bundled with management, but it seems these standardized LAMP monitoring solutions aren't going to restart Node.js if it crashes. Hivelocity provides the superior Intel data center SSDs (Codero the inferior Samsung 840):

http://www.storagereview.com/intel_ssd_dc_s3500_enterprise_review

Hivelocity seems to more completely detail their data center and Tier 1 connectivity.

I am a bit perplexed about server monitoring, as I've never done it before. Do I have to stand by my mobile phone 24 x 7? (Good luck with that, when I haven't taken a shower in a monthtwo months, haven't opened my email in a month, and my mobile phone is under the seat in my car and check it once a week!) Aren't there any third party 24 x 7 services which can do customized monitoring for a Node.js set up?

Hivelocity allows you to buy down a server's monthly price by up to 35% for $500 per $50 buy down. I wouldn't do that until I was sure the project was scaling as hoped.

I am leaning towards Hivelocity, because they appear to be a more contained unit whereas Codero appears to have grand aspirations of competing with Amazon AWS:

http://www.codero.com/blog/cloudopoly-why-we-need-an-alternative-to-aws/

Edit: I also looked at VPS offerings with SSD such as Host9, but it doesn't seem to make sense to attempt to save $70 a month but have much less precise baseline to compare resource utilization when deciding what to scale up to next. VPS resources seem to be somewhat nebulously specified.

Edit#2: I run a Ubuntu derivative on my desktop (in addition to an old Windoze XP machine), but seems CentOS is the standard for dedicated servers. I've read up on this, and so unless you can say something I didn't likely already read, then no need to comment about which OS is better. I figure it doesn't really matter much in general. I just know I don't want cPanel because it doesn't interopt well with manual edits to configuration files.

Edit#3: also Hivelocity has some moderate-level DoS protection service, but it is quite expensive and DoS is most effectively squelched with decentralization by not giving attackers only one NOC to attack and then using clever filtering strategies that minimize resource usage:

Activity: 208
Merit: 103
Programming now hoping to launch next week or so.

Hey, good news. I'm looking forward to it.
legendary
i have an idea for the name of your crypto coin

UNITS

unit             1
centi  unit    0.01                  or simply "cents"
milli   unit    0.001                or simply "millis"
micro unit    0.000001           or simply "micros"
nano unit     0.000000001      or simply "nanos"

thousand units  1000
million units      1,000,000

majority are familiar with the word "unit" just like "bit" and "coin", and i think that helped in bitcoin's cool name.

simplicity and familiarity  Wink
Programming now hoping to launch next week or so.

You will be able to join easy-as-pie with an email address and choosing a password. No balances stored on the servers, thus you and only you control your funds.

Once again this is not targeted to investors. You will soon understand.

Haters prepare to be taught a lesson in marketing and efficiency.
Pages:
Jump to: