Pages:
Author

Topic: [neㄘcash, ᨇcash, net⚷eys, or viᖚes?] Name AnonyMint's vapor coin? - page 51. (Read 95256 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 262
Bitcoin-NG: A Scalable Blockchain Protocol

http://arxiv.org/abs/1510.02037

Their design lacks several of the key features of my design wherein I can (in theory) attain confirmations in seconds or less with real world network performance far in excess of Visa scale with current hardware and internet connections. I did see one key element of my design in their design, but Dash Evolution sort of has this same element too, so this one element is not the key epiphany to get to my design.

The following criticisms of Factom appear to apply to this Bitcoin-NG proposal as well:

• Since Factom uses the Bitcoin block chain, it doesn't defeat selfish mining employing my math derivation.
  • Since Factom uses the Bitcoin block chain, it doesn't fix mining so that proof-of-work is unprofitable for ASICs and thus only the users mine.
  • Since Factom uses the Bitcoin block chain, it doesn't eliminate the 51% attack.
  • Factom transactions don't become irreversible for 10 minutes, whereas my design is on the order of a second or seconds to become irreversible.
Symmetry.

Like, super.

I quite liked this also, you could shorten the currency down to sym.

Symmetry is a good name in itself, but the problem is it didn't work also as a currency name. Whereas, Netcode works both as the block chain 2.0 name and as the currency name. And Netcodes is far superior to Symmetry because Netcode speaks exactly to what a programmable block chain is all about; that is a consensus network of codes and coding.

I preferred Massync and Assumble (edit: realized it can be confused with assume instead of intended 'sum') conceptually and for unique branding over Symmetry. But I decided Netcode was superior because 'code' is the only word that can express something that is a valuable morsel of information on the internet that acts like money.

Token is not a normally used term, rather on the internet we use codes.

Readers please tell me any other word that embodies a unit of valuable information that normal people use on the internet?

Bits? Not!

What?

Go ask some women and non-geeks. Get some perspective. I have been.
China would love a coin called Jade. The rest of the world would take to it also.

You are delusional if you think I am going to launch a project for crypto named Jade. That name is so far removed from any target demographic or meaning I want to convey. I will do very well in China with Netcodes.

I challenge you to please go create a crypto project name Jade, so I can laugh at its utter failure.

I am allowed to disagree with you. And I believe I have considerable experience in marketing software to millions of users.

Steve Jobs would delete all this crap and not even bother to explain.
This sort of comment is bewildering to me. It is as you did not read what I wrote. Are you a programmer and completely oblivious to the way normal people think?

My first reaction to netcode was it sounds like somewhere I would learn about coding, I dont think it says anything about currency or value to the end user.

I have questions for you and any other reader who would like to respond:

1. Provide any name that does not contain Coin, Cash, Token, Money, or Note (other existing term for money) that says anything about currency?

2. If a code means to a normal person, a key that gives them access to virtual goods and services then how do codes not represent value? Perhaps you haven't ever viewed how people share codes on the internet  Huh

3. What do the following have to go with "coding" (where you assumed normal users think to use 'code' means to engage in programming)?

Quote from: Facebook
How do I get login codes to use when I don't have my phone?

If you've turned on login approvals, you can get 10 login codes to use when you don't have your phone.

To get your codes:

Go to your Security Settings (  > Settings > Security)
Click on the Login Approvals section
Click Get codes
Enter your password and click Submit

Facebook chat codes
Technology is here for us to have more fun❣ Facebook chat codes are codes like [[115102981840650]] that, when sent in FB chat message appear as pictures, icons or emoticons (smileys). The numbers inside [[]] square brackets are identification numbers for images on Facebook's "Open Graph". You can find image's id in it's url on fb. It turns out that if you stack these Facebook's Open Graph chat icons anto a big array, you can make some amazing images. Amazing not in the quality way, but in an art way, in an original wize way.

How do redeem a DLC code on the Playstation 4

On the PS4 Dynamic Menu, go to the (PlayStation Store)
Highlight "Redeem Codes" and press the button. Here you will be able to enter your code. Once the code is entered press the button to Continue

Access Codes
Students must have an access code for each course that uses WebAssign. This access code is not a password and is not required to log into WebAssign. Once registered, codes become part of a student’s WebAssign account record and cannot be transferred to other students.

Important! Students need both a class key and an access code to fully access the course. Class keys place you in the correct class. Access codes give you paid access to the class materials.

How to find games and game content after you redeem a code online
After you redeem a code online, games and downloadable game content are not installed automatically. You have to manually install them from My games & apps.

Games

Press the Xbox button on the controller to return to the Home screen.

Does my access code include a copy of an e-book?
The quick and easy way to answer this is, no. Some textbook access codes may include a copy of an e-book, but generally the information and material found online by use of a student access kit is only additional material for the course.

Quote from: wikipedia
Access code may refer to:
In authentication:
Password, a secret word.
Personal identification number (PIN), a secret numeric code.
In telecommunications:
National access code, used to dial a domestic call.
International access code, used to dial an international call.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Symmetry.

Like, super.

Still here! I quite liked this also, you could shorten the currency down to sym.
I'm struggling to come up with anything, think I'm tapped out. I liked your Quantum suggestion but again relies on bits (qbits/qubits) for the currency. My first reaction to netcode was it sounds like somewhere I would learn about coding, I dont think it says anything about currency or value to the end user. Apart from that, the only other one I quite liked was Moji (mojo not so much).

Anyway, I will keep checking back and I will post any worthwhile suggestions...but I don't want to distract you with rubbish ideas. Good luck!

legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
Angel investor.
Comparing to the names, I care about what is this coin capable of even more!
Finally I got my head screwed on straight.

K.I.S.S.

After thinking this over deeply, I'm reasonably certain the following executive decision is correct.

Netcode= project name, block chain 2.0
netcodes (or codes)= transaction currency with higher supply and rates of debasement
netgold= store-of-value currency with lower supply and rates of debasement

CurrencyISO symbolCurrency symbol
netcodes (or codes)XNCꝄ, Đ, ᗟ, ᗠ, ᗫ, ᑱ, ᒇ, ᖙ, Ↄ, Ꜿ, ᑝ, ᕭ, ᑢ, ᕮ, ᑪ, Ȼ, ⵞ, ⵛ, Ꮳ, ල, ᄄ, ᄯ, ㉢, Ꮻ, ꖀ, ꗫ, ꗹ, ☷ , ⣕, 𝍓, ྿, ꕥ, ⌨, ⑆, ⑈, ꙮ, or 힣
netgoldXNGǤ, Ꮹ, ဌ, ꓨ, ⓖ, ⛀, ⛁, or ℥ (oz.)

Rationale:

• Block chain 2.0 is generally about net code— code operating in a consensus, Byzantine fault tolerant network.
  • Code is the only generally meaningful unit of information on the net, more so than even bits.
  • Gold is the most generally known global store-of-value.

It is impossible to directly connote what people think of as money without combining one of the terms they already associate with money, e.g. coin, cash, money, dollars, pesos, gold, etc.. And gold does not associate with transaction currency, thus isn't what the masses think is money.

Thus 'bits' is not money to anyone, except due to its association with Bitcoin, because Bitcoin associated bits with money. Before Bitcoin, bits meant 'pieces' to the masses and "binary unit of information" only to (predominantly male) geeks. Thus the market of people that implicitly think of bits as money is as small as (some fraction of) Bitcoin's mindshare. That isn't absolutely miniscule (yet presumably still small still relative to the 6 billion), but it probably means the association of bits with money grows only along with Bitcoin's mindshare.

The only term in cyberspace that the masses associate with some token of information is 'code'. Code can mean for example an access code, upgrade code, secret code, software code, etc.. Code is thus a very general term for fungible information in cyberspace. Thus code is the manifestation of what money is to humanity in cyberspace. More direct to the point, the term 'code' by itself is the fungible asset of cyberspace to most people, yet 'bit' has no such powerful association in the minds of most people. For example, many people have some concept of what code is and its relationship to cyberspace, but they don't relate a token to information and cyperspace.

As Andreas Antonopoulos recently explained, money is a medium of communication.

A fungible unit is—as Andreas explained in his recent video presentation—communication of information about relative values. Money is not a good, but rather an informational junction where society communicates dynamically about values.

Thus Bitcoin was incorrectly named in the sense of being implicitly comprehensible to the mainstream. It could have been named Codecoin, except the later doesn't roll off the tongue as well as the former. And the latter has a less specific meaning "encoded or programmed coins" versus "binary data coins". The latter meaning is probably more attuned to the initial male geek target market for Bitcoin. Simply put, code works better without the 'coin' suffix, yet Bitcoin needed to be more explicit with the associate to traditional money in a nascent market where no such concept had appeared before. Thus Bitcoin was more appropriate than Code or Netcode.

Yet we desire to generalize the market for Bitcoin into general decentralized network coding and applications of encoded consensus metrics. For this, code is the only term I have been able to think of which most people on the internet will recognize as a pertinent form of unit of information. Codes have utility for people. For example, I had to enter the "Promo code" of PRIVACYPLEASE at name.com to register some of the domains.

For those who want Bitcoin to be a store-of-value more than a transaction currency, then netgold has been what they were conceptually looking for. Not physical gold, but netgold. I think those people looking for crypto store-of-value, can relate to the term netgold. It is ironic that I return to the name (netgold) I had decided to use before starting this thread. As the global economic sovereign debt meltdown proceeds into capital controls and chaos through 2020, I think the concept of a netgold will be in demand.
Nummus
Indicium

Jade

My precious.

As in Coin.

Num(b)nuts, lol.

Indicium sounds like a medicine for Indicitis. I deleted your post because I quoted it, so as to cut down on thread length.
Symmetry.

Like, super.

It's better than Cohere.

Brainstorming on consensus networks:

Assumble
Crowdsync
Hivernate
Massync
Swa-army
Swarmatrix

Brainstorming on currencies:

Cashash
ChingKong
Crushash
Dibs
Diggits
Digicodes
Digidits
Digiload
Digimonie
Ditdats
Doodats  (Doodads)
Gonkey
Mojo
Netcodes
Netmonie
Pᗣᗧmon ᗧ͇̿·¢·¢··
Simbling (Simubling)
Smurfs
Stars
Sum
Swag
Tokgits
toKong
We both like Mojo for the social network currency

It has an apt conceptual symmetry to money, but a tradeoff is that many people won't get it nor appreciate the association once it is explained to them. It is sort of an enigma, especially for a global audience.

She was OK with Bits - actually, I'm slowly coming around to that one.

Safe choice but not awespiring. Risks throwing it all away to Bitcoin and being relegated to a sea of altbitcoins.

Regarding Chan(s), she thought that sounded risky; like chance. And Cohere for the project name seemed too like a govt. project, and Quanta for the business currency a little geeky.

Agreed all. Chan is too risky and we can make a better choice.

Quant has a better sound, but Quants are analysts.

She preferred the word Mesh to Sync - though I accept you might require a hefty amount of convincing over that one!

With Sync (the network) I am targeting programmers and developers who know what Synchronous means. I am not targeting the general public with the network name, although if we can think of a name that also appeals to general public or at least businessmen (decision makers), then that is preferred.

Mesh is more strongly associated with the meaning that every participant is interconnected (which is not the main point of a block chain), and doesn't imply anything about the timing, speed, and consistency. It does weakly imply unity. In my opinion in terms of a technical audience, it is the weaker name for a block chain. It is more related to communication network topology.

Munmuns (a fun phrase we use for money)
JuJu
Chunks
Chips

-100 on those

Store-of-value and large asset transactions = ¥Ƀ ¥ouɃits

This is a very weak name for the serious business oriented currency unit. Can you seriously imagine this being taken seriously over the world  Huh

Social networking currency = Mojo

Rapid-fire, unconscious micro-transactions = Doodads or MunMuns

Let's unify the social currency into one choice and one unit.

I think Doodats is preferable to Doodads, because it rolls off the tongue more crisply, it will have some meaning a global audience which has never heard of doodads. And for those who know doodads, they will get it also.

K.I.S.S.
Activity: 208
Merit: 103
I've still to properly assimilate the various ideas and alterations that have been submitted today - having trouble keeping up with all the incoming Grin Sorry if the following seems a little hurried - that's coz it is! Not much time this evening. So the following are intuitive, reflexive impressions rather than well considered. Maybe there's a function to that.

I showed many of the names to my wife without any prompting, just giving the outline requirements. She's aware of bitcoin and the block chain and kind of knows what it's about, but not a geek.

We both like Mojo for the social network currency, and these were our favourite symbols: mʘjʘ  m⌾j⌾   m◉j◉ (John Lennon),  and m⟳j⟲ (the latter we both thought well represented "money" leaving and returning).

She was OK with Bits - actually, I'm slowly coming around to that one.

Regarding Chan(s), she thought that sounded risky; like chance. And Cohere for the project name seemed too like a govt. project, and Quanta for the business currency a little geeky. She preferred the word Mesh to Sync - though I accept you might require a hefty amount of convincing over that one! Neither of us like Clickz; my wife said it sounded like someone trying to be cool; an "awesome dude-ness" about it; trying too hard. Cha-Ching makes us cringe - maybe a too pompous Pom reaction!

A few she came up with herself:

Munmuns (a fun phrase we use for money)
Doodads. (Truly, she came up with that before we read it here with your Dodat, Doodat Doodads, suggestions - a bit of synchronicity there!). Prefer Doodads out of the three. Doodads for us are thingamajigs; an affectionate phrase for something you don't know the name of.
JuJu
Chunks
Chips

Both undecided on Vibes, but we thought of Chime as another possible. I quite like Quantum (hope you find solace in that - ouch!).

Ah, so you think the ¥ symbol could cause problems? Pity, I thought you were onto something. I know you are moving away from this, but I thought I would post it up anyway. Just a rough draft (nothing is aligned), was trying see what it would look like.

Designed the way you have illustrated, I no longer think it is a potentially illegal/bannable use of ¥. I did not visualize what you guys were thinking. But I am not sure it is awesome or even just exceptional (depends what we are comparing it to).

Yes, yes and... Yes! This is what I was hoping originally when I first saw it.

uɃits is a grower.

Btw, Quids is close to the slang UK term for Pounds: Quid; though I expect you already know that.

Ultimately, it's a tough task in attempting to second guess the myriad cultural responses to names for a potentially global audience. What might seem right in calculation can all too easily just not connect for some mystifying reason; and again, an idea almost dismissed could take off. It's not a science. I hope more people from a wider age and cultural background contribute to this brainstorming.

So here we go:

Project name = Mesh (by itself or as a portmanteau) or ɃitSync.

Store-of-value and large asset transactions = ¥Ƀ ¥ouɃits

Social networking currency = Mojo

Rapid-fire, unconscious micro-transactions = Doodads or MunMuns
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Symmetry.

Like, super.
Ah, so you think the ¥ symbol could cause problems? Pity, I thought you were onto something. I know you are moving away from this, but I thought I would post it up anyway. Just a rough draft (nothing is aligned), was trying see what it would look like.

Designed the way you have illustrated, I no longer think it is a potentially illegal/bannable use of ¥. I did not visualize what you guys were thinking. But I am not sure it is awesome or even just exceptional (depends what we are comparing it to).

Yoobits sounds great (but so do others below), beginning with Y and oo is unique/aesthetic, and the currency symbol as you have illustrated it is good (although I am not sure if two letters is desirable or even that unique/catchy ... Aeon might use a two-letter currency symbol), but there are two counter-balancing issues to consider:

• Do we really want the Bits theme, and if so do we want Bits theme for both the business and social oriented currency units?
  • Do we really want confusion withYoubits, Yourbits,  uBits, Mybits, Mebits, iBits, eBits, Selfbits, Iownbits, Ezbits, Lotabits, Cybits, Cyberbits, Netbits, Meminebitys, Tidbits, Nubits, Bitsme, Bitsy, Bitpay, Bitr, Bitz, etc?

I think if are going to do any portmanteau with Bits, then Netbits makes the most sense and it was on my original poll and only got 1 vote.

A little off topic, but is BitTorrent popular where you in the world (ie your gf or her friends use it)?  Plenty of kids here in the uk (Both male  &  female) are very familiar with it and I get asked questions quite a lot by students, so I’m guessing they are accustomed to the word “Bit” plus it has the double meaning for being a bit of something (like you said in an earlier post).

I will see if I can think of anything else worth posting tonight.

Bittorrent is not used by the masses, only by male geeks.

(Btw, I have never used it because it requires me to download a client and do setup, even though I did try to suggest to them many years ago at the Bitorrent.org forum archive on how to improve the tit-for-tat economic model of Bittorrent. I would never release crypto that didn't run in the browser.)

Bits works for male geeks. For everyone else, it has no meaning at all, other than "Oh yeah that Bitcoin thing" for those in developed countries that have been bombarded with the media.

We can use Bits for the business currency, since the business world is dominated by males. But bits doesn't make much sense to me (it isn't natural nor implicit) in the social world. If we a portmanteau with Bits for the social oriented currency, then the combining word should make the portmanteau unique (no variants) and give it meaning that regular people will grasp, e.g.:

netbits

But netbits doesn't mean money either. To a regular person, it implies a technical term for the internet. See bits has no apt meaning.

The advantage is then it connects with the overall Bits theme, but do we even want to go with a Bits theme where there is so much dilution and copying of the Bits theme? We have the risk that by promoting Bits, we end up promoting Bitcoin (I know I argued the opposite, but generally speaking markets tend to gel around a market leader when there is confusion, due to expediency and efficiency).

However since we have free reign especially with the social oriented currency unit, we can choose any name we like that we think would be the most catchy, meaningful, and brandable for the masses.

Ching(or Chan)
Clickz(or Clicks, Clix, Klicks, etc)
Coolbits(or Coolcash)
Dibs(e.g. "who takes first dibs on that?")
Dodats(or Doodats)
Mojos(or Moji)
Yoobits(or Youbits, Yourbits,  uBits, Mybits, Mebits, iBits, eBits, Selfbits, Iownbits, NuBits, Bitz, Bitstar, Bitspay, Bitsy, Bitr)

Note Dabs did not do well as a cypto-project name, but I presume it was marketed to the speculators only. And Dabs doesn't mean anything.

Btw, I realized that I had the same Younits idea in 2014 and dismissed it because the masses don't know what a unit is. We are getting to the point where we are recycling old throught processes. We need to try to move forward and make a decision. I have introduced some new ideas and I am vigorously scouring my mental database to see if I can think of any creative alternatives.

A little off topic, but is BitTorrent popular where you in the world (ie your gf or her friends use it)?  Plenty of kids here in the uk (Both male  &  female) are very familiar with it and I get asked questions quite a lot by students, so I’m guessing they are accustomed to the word “Bit” plus it has the double meaning for being a bit of something (like you said in an earlier post).

I will see if I can think of anything else worth posting tonight.

¥ will piss off the Chinese. Why did we favor Japan over China.

Sorry, I’m a bit confused, I thought the ¥ symbol was for both the Chinese Yuan and the Japanese Yen? So not understanding why it would piss off the Chinese market and not the Japanese?

Correct, I got it confused with the Korean Won ₩, ₩. The currency symbol list I was viewing has "WON" and not the "Korean won". I thought WON was a misspelling of Remnibi.

Any way, I think we do not want to copy the Yuan and Yen currency symbol. Good way to get our coin potentially banned in China and Japan.

Yoobits is more personal, but there are too many variants, e.g. ibits, mebits, etc.. Also many people will wonder why just didn't spell "Youbits". And You bits is bit more confusing than Yourbits or mybits but then whose bits are these  Huh. They are yours when I am going to send them to you and they are mine until I do.

Yeah, that is the downfall of a made up word…it does it run the risk of being bad/confusing English…or does it make it stand out (only time will tell I suppose)

Not all made up words can have many copycat variants. In this case, implied meaning of myself+bits has too many variants.

Bits doesn't mean anything at all to these filipinas I have spoken to.

My gf suggested "mobits" (more bits). Far too many variants of bits. It is a sea of names "[Insert shit]coin".

A brandable name is one that makes sense and doesn't have sensible variants. Bits doesn't make sense (just copying of Bitcoin's small market) and you+bits makes even less sense. my+bits makes more sense than you+bits. Youbits sounds good, but otherwise isn't a good name.

Dodats sounds good also. At least it means something to just about anyone who knows a few english words. Mojo sounds good, but it will only mean something to someone who knows the definition of the word (which doesn't include Asians).

Are we going to copy Bits or do something unique? We need to decide.

Or we could try to dump Bits theme entirely but for what?

That’s a shame you feel that way, I think Bits is fantastic (I’ve not heard an alternative I prefer yet). I totally agree with what you said yesterday about everybody still calls Bitcoin by its full name and your users would have no other choice but to call it bits.

I have not decided yet. I am just exploring brandable names that would allow us to escape from under Bitcoin's shadow.

However if we go with Bits for the serious currency name instead of Quanta or Quid, then I don't like Yoobits for the social currency name.

If we must do a portmanteau with bits, I'd prefer something that doesn't have variants such as tidbits.

But I also have new ideas:

dibs
kibitz
hobnob
Another zanny idea for the social oriented currency unit.

Dodat
Doodat

Any one like or dislike it?

I found it very catchy, "watch ya will do (with) that do dat". It seems to have more implicit meaning "do that" than for those who don't know what mojo means. I would hope social online money is for doing things, e.g. game tokens are to buy some more powers, weapons, lives, etc..

It reminds of the Cops theme song, "Bad boys, bad boys, watcha gonna do when they come for you".

It is a variant of doodad combined with my hometown culture phrase "whodat".

doodad
n.
: Something, especially a small device or part, whose name is unknown or forgotten.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=do+dat
do dat
means to do it!
yea do dat!
by dplaya December 23, 2009

Mojo.money

Currency symbol = ♏, ₥, ₩, ₩, ☘, , 🃏, 🃛, 😎, 😏, %, , ꙭ, Ꝏ, ✮, , ⁰j⁰, or ⛀|⛀

m⛀j⛀
m○j○
m⁰j⁰

Mojo= social networking focused currency

Definitions:
mojo= power so effective it seems[1] magic or supernatural

[1] "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."— Arthur C Clarke

None of these three proposed names:

• are used in any serious way that has any trademark infringement issues
  • could be employed in copycat portmanteaus
  • is defocused from its target demographic
Lots of reading to catch up on this morning, just thought I would post this now while I have a few mins in work:

¥ will piss off the Chinese. Why did we favor Japan over China.

Sorry, I’m a bit confused, I thought the ¥ symbol was for both the Chinese Yuan and the Japanese Yen? So not understanding why it would piss off the Chinese market and not the Japanese?

Yoobits is more personal, but there are too many variants, e.g. ibits, mebits, etc.. Also many people will wonder why just didn't spell "Youbits". And You bits is bit more confusing than Yourbits or mybits but then whose bits are these  Huh. They are yours when I am going to send them to you and they are mine until I do.

Yeah, that is the downfall of a made up word…it does it run the risk of being bad/confusing English…or does it make it stand out (only time will tell I suppose)

Or we could try to dump Bits theme entirely but for what?

That’s a shame you feel that way, I think Bits is fantastic (I’ve not heard an alternative I prefer yet). I totally agree with what you said yesterday about everybody still calls Bitcoin by its full name and your users would have no other choice but to call it bits.

Pages:
Jump to: