Pages:
Author

Topic: Necronomicon thread: Altcoins which are dead. - page 12. (Read 43843 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Is feathercoin dead yet.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Protoshares(PTS) should not be in this list, its very alive.

UFO ist double listed.

Mousecoin (wallet-stealing-scam) is missing.

Anyway, good work, huge list  Grin
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

+1 for StableCoin (SBC)
reason: dev left community with promises, then disappeared. months later came back, same game. Now it's dead!

I feel your pain, but SBC isn't quite dead yet; market cap is still at $15K.  But when it dies, we'll know why. 
legendary
Today I added Skeincoin and Muniti.  I have no idea what Muniti is, but I remember thinking Skeincoin was okay.  

Muniti is a country coin for malta - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annmun-muniti-first-touristic-cryptocurrency-x11-d2d-multi-algo-soon-545886

Chaincoin is not totally dead - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-chc-chaincoin-network-upgrade-161-segwit-activated-422149

Chaincoin is trading for one Litoshi and there aren't enough of it for market cap to rise above ground level.  So, yah, that's dead even though the blockchain is still running.  

Thanks for the pointer on Muniti.  
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Great work!!!

+1 for StableCoin (SBC)
reason: dev left community with promises, then disappeared. months later came back, same game. Now it's dead!
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
Today I added Skeincoin and Muniti.  I have no idea what Muniti is, but I remember thinking Skeincoin was okay.  

Muniti is a country coin for malta - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annmun-muniti-first-touristic-cryptocurrency-x11-d2d-multi-algo-soon-545886

Chaincoin is not totally dead - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-chc-chaincoin-network-upgrade-161-segwit-activated-422149
legendary
Today I added Skeincoin and Muniti.  I have no idea what Muniti is, but I remember thinking Skeincoin was okay.  I also added a scamcoin called "Thecoin", after reading about it in an old thread.  I don't know its history, but apparently its wallet included a password stealer.
legendary
Good work...  Wink

More than a list it is a Necropolis... I wonder if one day there will be an apocalipsys day and instead of "Walkind Dead" we will have the Walking Coin...

I can picture it -- bagholder coin!  With an initial distribution corresponding to the final distribution of all of the above, and an announcement thread where exchanges, price, WTS/WTB, are strictly off topic and will be deleted by moderator!

Grin
legendary

I guess my only criticism would be the statement about needing to stay over $5000 market cap for 90 days. 90 days?? That's a lifetime in cryptocurrency. What about a week or two? That, and/or a market volume benchmark, should be enough to establish that a coin has returned from the dead... at least for now.

90 days is, I hope, too long for pump-n-dumps to force daily amendments to the list.  If something is over the line for 7 days, or even 30 days, I expect someone is just doing a pump-n-dump.  If it's over the line for 90 days, it might actually be coming back.

Activity: 714
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035
Great list of dead and almost dead coins. Like someone else said, it should be preserved for posterity (and a few laughs). Funny reading through it and seeing coins I was invested in, even made a fair bit of money off them... and some that are carrying my mining earnings to the grave.

It will also be interesting if any coins on the list make it off their deathbed. I know folks are working under the hood on lovecoin to try to restore it. Rupayacoin (Rupees) isn't really dead, though it needs some boosting. Likewise surgecoin is still functioning and even saw some upticking on Poloniex yesterday.

I guess my only criticism would be the statement about needing to stay over $5000 market cap for 90 days. 90 days?? That's a lifetime in cryptocurrency. What about a week or two? That, and/or a market volume benchmark, should be enough to establish that a coin has returned from the dead... at least for now.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011
Good work...  Wink

More than a list it is a Necropolis... I wonder if one day there will be an apocalipsys day and instead of "Walkind Dead" we will have the Walking Coin...
legendary
It's huge though.  I really am sort of counting on people contributing information to this thread.  Seriously, post whatever you know about any of these, or point at relevant threads, because this probably won't ever complete if I'm the only one doing it. 

For example, today I went to find out why Bellacoin died, and you know what?  As far as I can tell it shouldn't have.  Smooth fair launch, very small premine, valuable innovation in the windows wallet, and dead.  As far as I can tell, the only real strokes against it were that the developer is completely unknown (less than fifty posts when he announced) and coming from an account whose ID/email is hidden.  But hunting this down takes an hour, and I'm not going to be spending more than a couple hours a day on this project.  For the last couple of days, assembling the list, it's been much more than a couple hours a day.  But moving forward?  At a couple hours a day, this will take a long long time to do myself. 

So if you have knowledge to contribute, please -- help out!

Activity: 680
You should put this on a wiki or something as it is pretty interesting history. I can imagine there will be people in 10 years time looking back at this and chuckling at the names and wondering what the hell people were thinking.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

Wow! So many dead coins! Smiley
But maybe some of them will reborn Tongue

You need to talk to Doctor West about that....  It's possible, I guess; some of these blockchains are still running.  But as I said, the smart money is in betting against it (especially if you can bet the coins in question against their own success....) 

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
 And with strange aeons even death may die.

This graveyard will became huge in 1 year ... Smiley
Coins are dying like a bacteria in HCl.

Strange aeons indeed.

In the long run, there are very nearly as many deaths as there are births. 

There are Zombie Coins too.. Like FlappyCoin Smiley
It was pretty dead ... Smiley and now ... back from the grave...

Well but yes in definition - coin will never die while blockchain is alive Tongue
So perhaps Flappy wasn't really dead. Just a heartattack or something..

Anyway.
Great thread! I will watch it to see how huge this graveyard will become in the future.
legendary
I have spent way too much time on this - collating and correlating information from many sources is very time consuming and very picky.  There are inconsistencies and trouble even identifying some of these cryptocurrencies.  Anyway, I'm going to go read a book before I continue....
legendary

You need to talk to Doctor West about that....  It's possible, I guess; some of these blockchains are still running.  But as I said, the smart money is in betting against it (especially if you can bet the coins in question against their own success....) 

Strange aeons indeed.

In the long run, there are very nearly as many deaths as there are births. 

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

legendary
29 April 2014: added Cannacoin, Credits, Extremecoin, and ORObit.
Pages:
Jump to: