Pages:
Author

Topic: Necronomicon thread: Altcoins which are dead. - page 8. (Read 43841 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1129
Today added Hobbitcoin, Savecoin, Universitycoin, and Zenithcoin.

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035
Aye, is there a crypto wiki somewhere that would host that, and then just put a link to it here? That would be a handier format.
Activity: 41
Merit: 2
If all the information about altcoins was in a wiki format...  THAT would useful.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
Extensive list. I've been burned by a couple of those coins. But on the flip side, there are several I saw in your list that do still have active markets. Maybe nothing on the order of Doge, Dark, or anything like that, but market activity nonetheless.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
Cryptographic Anomaly(CGA)
observed with market cap 3118 on May 17 2014 down from 37760 on April 26 2014.

The main market for this coin is frozen. If one guy sells ten cents of CGA for a shitty price the coin is dead? You are going to have to remove from the list in a couple days.

Ninety days, minimum.  :-)  It looks like it had a market cap below US$5K from May 16 to May 23.  If it stays above $5K until August 23, I'll decide it's probably not just a fluke recovery. 

Thats when the market was frozen. Trust me I would have bought a lot if the market cap really dipped that low but it wasn't trading.
Activity: 573
Merit: 500
Could make 2 sections;

not so alive

proof of death

legendary
Two apparent IPO scams: EVO and AEC.

I'll go have a look at 'em. 

But it may be a day before I get to it; I've been working on this for the last three hours at this point and I'm tired of it for right now. 

Today I went trolling through many pages of old altcoin announcements, looking for alts that had been launched.  I tried to avoid putting things on the list that were just jokes, or where the launch didn't actually happen, or those which were just preannouncements.  Then I went and filtered out those that have a current market cap indicating not-dead, then I added the ones that weren't already on the list.  This probably amounted to 40 to 60 altcoins new to the list, which were quietly sitting there dead when I started keeping track.

There is a significant chance I made mistakes.  People should check the work and see if there's anything false, or anything listed twice, or etc. 
Activity: 578
Merit: 508
Two apparent IPO scams: EVO and AEC.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
And the undisputed winner is... coingen.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
Subbed.
Activity: 371
Merit: 250
Good work...  Wink

More than a list it is a Necropolis... I wonder if one day there will be an apocalipsys day and instead of "Walkind Dead" we will have the Walking Coin...

LOL Cheesy
legendary
LiquidCoin is dead.

Added.  Thanks for the report.
legendary

The main market for this coin is frozen. If one guy sells ten cents of CGA for a shitty price the coin is dead? You are going to have to remove from the list in a couple days.

Ninety days, minimum.  :-)  It looks like it had a market cap below US$5K from May 16 to May 23.  If it stays above $5K until August 23, I'll decide it's probably not just a fluke recovery. 

legendary
Updates: 

Speedcoin, blitzcoin, coin2.0, emoticoin, and emucoin appear to have stopped trading, so I added them to the list or updated their existing entries.  Several new to the "dead" list had market cap higher than $5K at their last trade.

Ghostcoin, Highfivecoin, Parallaxcoin, and Suncoin all dropped below $5K market cap so I added them to the list as well.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

LOL wut? The main market for this coin is frozen. If one guy sells ten cents of CGA for a shitty price the coin is dead? You are going to have to remove from the list in a couple days.
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
LiquidCoin is dead.
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
The End Times are Upon Us
Quote from: MiracleMax (The Princess Bride)
     Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much.
      There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead.
      Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.

So, you call a baby alt., meaning one that's in it's infantsy in regards to marketcap, like Dobbscoin - dead?

Of course, I'm just ribbing you now..
but you certainly wouldn't call your own child dead if it were still very much not-dead, just because she wasn't turning a profit.

The ONLY Crypto-Currency accepted on the Pleasure Saucers.
"BOB" brings a NEW DESTINY for the abnormal. (BOB) comes to JUSTIFY our sins;
to UNMASK the Conspiracy, and to get us back the SLACK they stole away!

When two or three are gathered in my name, and I am not there; do you not feel my hands in your pockets? - J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SOMETHING FOR NOTHING?
Then you've come to the right place.
http://www.dobbscoin.info
legendary
I think there's some misunderstanding here.  

When I say that something was generated via coingen, I am NOT saying that was the end of its development.  Nor am I saying that it deserves to die for that reason.

When I say that something is dead, I'm not saying that that means it *ought* to be dead.  Bellacoin is a nice example of something that showed real innovation and worthwhile development, that really ought not have died. Although it might still pull through because its block chain is still running, it's close enough to death that I can't leave it off the list and have a list made according to a consistent, impartial rule.

Nor does it happen, in practice, that anything dies just because I say it is dead or dying.  I don't sentence things to death.  I just put up a monument so they won't be forgotten.  That's kind of like blaming the guy who carves the gravestones for the deaths.

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

Regarding Bottlecaps ... please provide a source for your information ...

See the original 11-month-old commit:

Overwhelming balance of probability: not a coingen coin.

nvm, irrelevant. I misinterpreted the request.

Cheers,

Graham
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
... Dobbscoin may have been spawned a coingen, but It's a Gideon built masterpiece now

Ooh, yes of course, that's a perfectly plausible path for auto-didacts repelled by the tenor of mainstream response. I hadn't really given any time to thinking through the details of what "coingen coin" might more broadly imply. Useful, thanks.

Cheers,

Graham
Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org