Pages:
Author

Topic: Nefario - page 91. (Read 198642 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522
October 05, 2012, 10:30:35 PM
Kludge: Maybe it's time you splurged the hefty sum of 20 bitcoin to move over to the one exchange that actually works. By "actually works" I mean charges 1/4 as much per transaction as GLBSE does, is down an infinity percent less and in general has an infinity percent fewer issues, troubles, problems, defects and so forth.

Nefario: You are obviously unqualified to be anywhere near a project of the complexity of an exchange, even for play money (which I suspect BTC are, for most of you here, at least judging on behavior records). I will make you precisely one offer to buy the thing from you, so you get to actually make some money for all your effort over the past year, as misguided and mismanaged as it may have been, rather than have to walk away from a worthless wreck (like Zou Thong/Amir&co have with Bitcoinica). If you have half the maturity you should have to be involved in all this you will take this offer seriously, and consider your options carefully. Feel free to make contact via pm or in #bitcoin-otc-eu.

No offesne, but what will prevent the SEC from hammering down on you?

For one, if there were any legitimate SEC concern they'd have sent word. You don't talk to the small players (ie, GLBSE with it's 10% of the market) without talking to the big players (ie, MPEx, with its 80-90%).

For the other, we're prepared to see the matter to court.
Activity: 56
Merit: 1
October 05, 2012, 10:30:07 PM
Heh, I got out of there right at the last second. Again.
Activity: 496
Merit: 500
October 05, 2012, 10:28:24 PM
Why cant it be set up using Tor?

Since no fiat currency is involved, it very well could be.

If so, hand the reigns over to the shareholders and let them take the database and he can just go away.. But leave everything else intact..

He refused this option. He stated that he was still liable for everything that had been done up until this point. By that, I infer that if he shuts down now in this particular way (regardless of the shareholder's wishes, and holding user and shareholder money under AML ransom), then he will no longer be liable for his actions up until this point.

Everything about this to me says that Nefario is selling out everyone involved in GLBSE to save his own ass.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
October 05, 2012, 10:26:22 PM
Why cant it be set up using Tor? Im trying to follow all the posts, but am i correct to assume that he decided to shut down the GLBSE because he went to a lawyer or government entity and was told what he was doing is illegal and better shut down?

If so, hand the reigns over to the shareholders and let them take the database and he can just go away.. But leave everything else intact.. Not the simplest thing to do, but its possible and shouldn't take too much time.. Unless, of course, he's a pulling a scam..

So, whats going to happen with all the stockholders in bonds like Gigavps, and the like?

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
October 05, 2012, 10:25:57 PM
So if you want to remain anonymous, you go penniless?

GLBSE should have been done as a Silk Road clone.  You guys were practically waving a red cape at the SEC/FBI/TPTB bulls.  It was destined to end in tears.
Activity: 504
Decent Programmer to boot!
October 05, 2012, 10:22:13 PM
Can we finally wake up and realize it's not safe to hold unregulated capital markets in centralized Web services operated by anonymous and quite possibly Nefarious individuals?

There are alternatives.  The truth is out there.

If someone can figure out how to operate anonymous corporations that are nonetheless ethical and is held responsible, they will rake in the dough.

Getting off topic, but I don't think it is possible at this point.

If you are an anonymous entity, no one will trust you.

If you are a known entity, you aren't anonymous.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
October 05, 2012, 10:21:16 PM
Kludge: Maybe it's time you splurged the hefty sum of 20 bitcoin to move over to the one exchange that actually works. By "actually works" I mean charges 1/4 as much per transaction as GLBSE does, is down an infinity percent less and in general has an infinity percent fewer issues, troubles, problems, defects and so forth.

Nefario: You are obviously unqualified to be anywhere near a project of the complexity of an exchange, even for play money (which I suspect BTC are, for most of you here, at least judging on behavior records). I will make you precisely one offer to buy the thing from you, so you get to actually make some money for all your effort over the past year, as misguided and mismanaged as it may have been, rather than have to walk away from a worthless wreck (like Zou Thong/Amir&co have with Bitcoinica). If you have half the maturity you should have to be involved in all this you will take this offer seriously, and consider your options carefully. Feel free to make contact via pm or in #bitcoin-otc-eu.

No offesne, but what will prevent the SEC from hammering down on you?
legendary
October 05, 2012, 10:19:56 PM
Can we finally wake up and realize it's not safe to hold unregulated capital markets in centralized Web services operated by anonymous and quite possibly Nefarious individuals?

If someone can figure out how to operate anonymous corporations that are nonetheless ethical and is held responsible, they will rake in the dough.
Activity: 394
Merit: 250
October 05, 2012, 10:18:55 PM
When Nefario blackmailed me & the IceHill team by saying he'd unlock our securities if we allowed a swap option, he kept writing "equity steak." I've never forgiven him for repeatedly writing "steak" -- if nothing else, he needs a scammer tag for that.

inb4 "oh, look who's talking!"

(ETA: Fwiw, Nefario's been pretty helpful with me in solving problems since then)

where is the like the post button?
legendary
October 05, 2012, 10:18:41 PM
well, back to square one: trust noone

Well, I managed to not lose any bitcoin via sheer inactivity in the economy.  Grin
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Inactive
October 05, 2012, 10:17:30 PM

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
October 05, 2012, 10:15:21 PM
well, back to square one: trust noone
Activity: 686
Wat
October 05, 2012, 10:13:33 PM
Why must GLBSE be shut down? Can the other owners just take over the operation? According to Nefario, the entire operation can easily be moved to another server. What does Nefario have that allows him to hold GLBSE hostage?

he registered it all witha  credit card so if glbse sets up elsewhere he will still be legally liable. GLBSE is illegal EVERYWHERE.

If yo8u approach the government and notify them then they tell you to close if you go ahead and keep operating youre in the shit.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
October 05, 2012, 10:13:05 PM
When Nefario blackmailed me & the IceHill team by saying he'd unlock our securities if we allowed a swap option, he kept writing "equity steak." I've never forgiven him for repeatedly writing "steak" -- if nothing else, he needs a scammer tag for that.

inb4 "oh, look who's talking!"

(ETA: Fwiw, Nefario's been pretty helpful with me in solving problems since then)
Merit: 522
October 05, 2012, 10:10:58 PM

legendary
October 05, 2012, 10:08:22 PM
So, he decided to screw his reputation with the community in the hope of not getting jailed by the gubernment. This is not going to end well.
Activity: 686
Wat
October 05, 2012, 10:05:40 PM
I haven't seen any evidence that Nefario has been  paying for "his" lawyer out of GLBSE funds.

That's true, but he told us this in the meeting. Even those that agree with Nefario's actions could testify to this.

Thanks for the comment. I'm glad you didn't misunderstand mine.

Yes he said this.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
October 05, 2012, 10:05:11 PM
If any of this is true?!!?   I just lost all my BTC shit it wasn't much. 
Merit: 501
There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.
October 05, 2012, 10:00:29 PM
I haven't seen any evidence that Nefario has been  paying for "his" lawyer out of GLBSE funds.

That's true, but he told us this in the meeting. Even those that agree with Nefario's actions could testify to this.

Thanks for the comment. I'm glad you didn't misunderstand mine.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
October 05, 2012, 09:56:28 PM
It seems more likely to me he's just been stealing what's been coming in and without proof that he is under legal duress I call pure bullshit.

But that's just me. I simply feel that without evidence he's more likely to be a liar at this point.

Pages:
Jump to: