Pages:
Author

Topic: Nefario GLBSE - page 12. (Read 28552 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
September 24, 2012, 05:54:03 AM
Goat actually bought all of his "many" shares after the asset was declared fraudulent. If he wants to claim anything it should be with the criminal element that originally listed the asset. Nefario took the extraordinary step of blocking the asset and delisting it to prevent any trade in a worthless item.

perception is empty. Anyone's "perceived" value doesn't amount to a hill of beans in terms of legal standing. What Goatse bought was fake shares created by a criminal. Whatever his profit motive or ownership goal in those shares was negated when they were identified as fake. That he held them and clearly tried to list them for sale without disclosing any of the tainted history indicated that this is perhaps another case where Goatse has been caught in lies and deceptive practices, and is making loud noises to divert attention from his attempted sale of fraudulent shares.

In fact, I would call for Nefario to compare IP addresses with the original scammer who created GLBSE Fake, and the IP addresses Goatse has used to create his spectrum of efforts on the different GLBSE markets. Wonder if there is any corollary there? Could this just be a desparate endgame to play out for a few more suckers on the 30 BTC somebody has already stolen? I would certainly look into it if I was a legitimate owner of GLBSE, I sure wouldn't want to let a viper into the clubhouse.

Oh, and Goatse? The terms for GLBSE ownership have been publicly posted and available for well over a year that I am aware of. Certainly any businessman worth his slat would have done the due diligence of learning about a company he invested in PRIOR to buying those shares, wouldn't you agree? Or is just plain ignorance going to be your defense this time around?

Nefario said they were valid. I bought them after Nefario said they were valid. I talked to him about this. Others including Theymos do not doubt this. Nefario even claims he said it...

Saying I was the one to list the GLBSE is silly and petty. As far as I know you were the one to do it. See how easy it is to slander with no evidence?

In any event the forced take over of my property is illegal. Deal with it...

If they are valid you broke the glbse bylaws by selling them. Do you not understand this Huh?
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
September 24, 2012, 12:47:38 AM
No slander sonny, just a valid question. You were very active listing assets when it was free and unregulated to do so. This issue came up during a weekend, which was coincidentally when you tended to create your ventures. The language in the contract documents was startlingly similar to the language used in your asset listings.

I just suggest that those with access to the data may want to think about a little comparison to learn why some very vocal children are crying for so much attention.

Your insistence on oblique shifts in discussion do nothing to strengthen your position. Nefario never claimed they were "valid" shares. He claimed that there would be a way of honoring them. Without any stated method for doing so, and with the clear stated and obvious proviso that honoring them was an accommodation for the error in not controlling the name of the asset prior to its criminal implementation. And demanding access to the codicils of an investment group which have been available for over a year is silly. Do your homework before you shoot off at the mouth.

And claiming I listed the asset is churlish and baseless. As Nefario can clear up for you, I was very actively engaged with him at that very time looking for scammers, like yourself, who were destroying the first version of the market. In fact... now that I recall, wasn't Peter Lambert a big fan of yours? And didn't he actively coach you on asset creation? And wasn't that right around the time GLBSE Fake was created, and then the LIF family of funds turned out to be just as fake as the pass-through you ran for pirate?

Are you absolutely certain you want to open up that kettle of fish, rice boy?
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
September 24, 2012, 12:25:47 AM
Goat actually bought all of his "many" shares after the asset was declared fraudulent. If he wants to claim anything it should be with the criminal element that originally listed the asset. Nefario took the extraordinary step of blocking the asset and delisting it to prevent any trade in a worthless item.

perception is empty. Anyone's "perceived" value doesn't amount to a hill of beans in terms of legal standing. What Goatse bought was fake shares created by a criminal. Whatever his profit motive or ownership goal in those shares was negated when they were identified as fake. That he held them and clearly tried to list them for sale without disclosing any of the tainted history indicated that this is perhaps another case where Goatse has been caught in lies and deceptive practices, and is making loud noises to divert attention from his attempted sale of fraudulent shares.

In fact, I would call for Nefario to compare IP addresses with the original scammer who created GLBSE Fake, and the IP addresses Goatse has used to create his spectrum of efforts on the different GLBSE markets. Wonder if there is any corollary there? Could this just be a desparate endgame to play out for a few more suckers on the 30 BTC somebody has already stolen? I would certainly look into it if I was a legitimate owner of GLBSE, I sure wouldn't want to let a viper into the clubhouse.

Oh, and Goatse? The terms for GLBSE ownership have been publicly posted and available for well over a year that I am aware of. Certainly any businessman worth his slat would have done the due diligence of learning about a company he invested in PRIOR to buying those shares, wouldn't you agree? Or is just plain ignorance going to be your defense this time around?
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
September 24, 2012, 12:00:33 AM
Do you have a citation for the pricing?  I haven't seen anything to suggest that Goat purchased at the IPO price and then sold for a profit.  It sounds more like he purchased them for 10 BTC each, but I don't think he's actually said that explicitly.

Goat never stated or even implied he bought shares for 10 BTC ea.  He did however sell fake shares he knew were worthless for 10 BTC to unsuspecting fools.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1212459

Claiming that I sold an asset I knew to be fake is silly. Nefario said he would make right on the asset and many of us trusted him. Theymos even said he could trade his own stock.

Now what Nefario wants to do is a forced sale. He want to force me to give up an asset cuz he claims he can no longer do what he said.

This is clearly theft and there is no protection for property rights. They fact that most of you think his actions are okay here is worrying.

You can not just take stuff from people... That is a crime...

According to our bylaws Theymos has gotten the permission of other GLBSE shareholders to do that, and it depends on who he is selling to, which also requires other GLBSE shareholders permission.

There is an offer to sell your fake asset to us for 0.12BTC, it's a pretty good offer, I suggest anyone who has this fake asset to take it.

You only had property under two conditions:
1) GLBSE shareholders have agreed to honor this. They have not.
2) That you followed our bylaws in how the asset could be bought and sold. you did not.

GLBSE is not your property.

If you do not honor your agreement with me that is one thing, if you force sell my asset that is theft. I do not agree to your .12 BTC price.

We'll see what the lawyer says.
Activity: 532
September 23, 2012, 11:52:55 PM
Do you have a citation for the pricing?  I haven't seen anything to suggest that Goat purchased at the IPO price and then sold for a profit.  It sounds more like he purchased them for 10 BTC each, but I don't think he's actually said that explicitly.

Goat never stated or even implied he bought shares for 10 BTC ea.  He did however sell fake shares he knew were worthless for 10 BTC to unsuspecting fools.

Claiming that I sold an asset I knew to be fake is silly. Nefario said he would make right on the asset and many of us trusted him. Theymos even said he could trade his own stock.

Now what Nefario wants to do is a forced sale. He want to force me to give up an asset cuz he claims he can no longer do what he said.

This is clearly theft and there is no protection for property rights. They fact that most of you think his actions are okay here is worrying.

According to our bylaws Theymos has gotten the permission of other GLBSE shareholders to do that, and it depends on who he is selling to, which also requires other GLBSE shareholders permission.

There is an offer to sell your fake asset to us for 0.12BTC, it's a pretty good offer, I suggest anyone who has this fake asset to take it.

2) That you followed our bylaws in how the asset could be bought and sold. you did not.

I know the GLBSE shares were started as a scam, but if you actually did say you would honor those shares as real shares of GLBSE but you needed authorization before giving out any more shares by your agreement with other shareholders, you are still liable.  The other owners maybe be able to keep goat from any ownership, but you would be liable for his losses for his perceived ownership.  You might be able to get away with it if you did not really organize the business legally before all this mess happened.  You should refrain from discussing any of this in public anymore and not say anything until instructed by your lawyer.

I actually saw GLBSE shares for sale and was looking into buying them as well, but then I saw the price was at 10BTC.  I did not buy because I thought it was overpriced.  Glad I didn't.
September 23, 2012, 11:41:28 PM

kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025
September 23, 2012, 11:33:02 PM
Nefario didnt scam the people Goat sold the shares to for 10btc. Goat scammed them.

This seems to be an unfounded accusation.  Do you have some evidence that he acted in less than good faith?

If Goat had inside information that the Nefario would not honor his word, but that information wasn't also available to the people he sold them to, I could see it.  But your dislike of profit doesn't seem sufficient.

They were scam trades because Goat had no agreement that he could on-sell those shares. Even real glbse shareholders cant sell their shares to non members.Goat is calling Nefario a scammer because Nefario wont let him make 10,000% profit. Can you see how insane that is Huh

I'm not upset that the GLBSE stock is now locked and that I can't sell it. I am upset that I was told I had real GLBSE stock and was part owner of GLBSE and then Nefario is here to steal my property.

I would like the GLBSE stock to be honored. Nefario can not change the deal months later and take my property. That is clearly scamming.

I don't think you are going to win this one.  He made a mistake by promising something that wasn't his to give.  Suck it up and be a man, either accept the buyback offer and make a profit on the deal, or keep them with the knowledge that they may vanish some day (I hope not, as I posted before) and will probably never be worth anything.

I'm sorry that you thought that you were part owner of the exchange, but you weren't, and it wasn't a scam, just an honest mistake.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003
September 23, 2012, 11:28:19 PM
A lot of confusion here.  How many shares did Goat buy, at what price, and did he sell them?
September 23, 2012, 10:50:27 PM
We've offered to buyback the fake asset for 0.12BTC per asset, and to PM me if you want to do so.

I'm going to be speaking to our lawyer on this in the morning and taking his advice on what action to take regarding this for anyone who doesn't want to take this offer.

Good plan.
September 23, 2012, 10:47:58 PM
We've offered to buyback the fake asset for 0.12BTC per asset, and to PM me if you want to do so.

I'm going to be speaking to our lawyer on this in the morning and taking his advice on what action to take regarding this for anyone who doesn't want to take this offer.
Wat
September 23, 2012, 10:29:34 PM
The issue is a voluntary buyback doesn't resolve the issue of people like Goat committing fraud in the future trying to sell the worthless shares for 10, 100, 1,000 BTC, and then the people saying why didn't GLBSE prevent this.  This all came up again when there was a thread where people were once again attempted to unload the worthless shares.

Meh.  Just re-list them, with a big notice on the details page that they are only collectors items with no inherent value, and not actual shares in any company, certainly not in the exchange itself.  Then when GLBSE goes public, they can take the ticker GLBSE2, as a history lesson, and a reminder that mistakes can have long lasting and far reaching consequences.

Many of us that are involved with bitcoin are doing so because we find depriving people of their rightful property distasteful.  GLBSE should consider very carefully what messages they want to send to their customers.  Some of us are already uncomfortable that all shares are held in street name.  Well, worse than street name, actually, since a single entity is acting as both brokerage and exchange.  This is an opportunity to show that GLBSE respects the ownership of the properties that it is custodian of, even when it hurts.

Also, love your loaded phrasing.  Classic.

The thief didnt respect the property of GLBSE either. If anyone wants to be mad at someone be mad at them.

You cant just go into a house that has its door open and take their shit without permission.
kjj
legendary
September 23, 2012, 10:23:46 PM
The issue is a voluntary buyback doesn't resolve the issue of people like Goat committing fraud in the future trying to sell the worthless shares for 10, 100, 1,000 BTC, and then the people saying why didn't GLBSE prevent this.  This all came up again when there was a thread where people were once again attempted to unload the worthless shares.

Meh.  Just re-list them, with a big notice on the details page that they are only collectors items with no inherent value, and not actual shares in any company, certainly not in the exchange itself.  Then when GLBSE goes public, they can take the ticker GLBSE2, as a history lesson, and a reminder that mistakes can have long lasting and far reaching consequences.

Many of us that are involved with bitcoin are doing so because we find depriving people of their rightful property distasteful.  GLBSE should consider very carefully what messages they want to send to their customers.  Some of us are already uncomfortable that all shares are held in street name.  Well, worse than street name, actually, since a single entity is acting as both brokerage and exchange.  This is an opportunity to show that GLBSE respects the ownership of the properties that it is custodian of, even when it hurts.

Also, love your loaded phrasing.  Classic.
September 23, 2012, 10:18:24 PM
Wat
September 23, 2012, 10:17:23 PM

300 shares of 500 shares is  a lot different than 300 shares of 10,000,000

People wanting these fake shares would do well to remember that wrt to future value.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
September 23, 2012, 10:08:15 PM
kjj
legendary
September 23, 2012, 10:04:56 PM
Nefario didnt scam the people Goat sold the shares to for 10btc. Goat scammed them.

This seems to be an unfounded accusation.  Do you have some evidence that he acted in less than good faith?

If Goat had inside information that the Nefario would not honor his word, but that information wasn't also available to the people he sold them to, I could see it.  But your dislike of profit doesn't seem sufficient.

They were scam trades because Goat had no agreement that he could on-sell those shares. Even real glbse shareholders cant sell their shares to non members.Goat is calling Nefario a scammer because Nefario wont let him make 10,000% profit. Can you see how insane that is Huh

Two insanes don't make a right.

The shares were his property.  He needs no agreement to sell his property.  And you are pushing a double standard here, you say that Goat is guilty because he should have known that they were worthless, but the people he was selling to had the exact same information (unless some evidence is produced that says otherwise), namely a statement from Nefario, and you don't expect the purchasers to know that they are worthless.  If you want to show fraud here, show me a statement from Goat that he knew to be untrue at the time, not one that you, in hindsight, claim that he should have known to be untrue.

Goat might be a douche for wanting Nefario to buy them for 10 BTC each, but that doesn't make him a scammer, and more than Nefario's mistaken statement about honoring them makes him a scammer.

As far as I'm concerned, if Nefario would replace his forced buyback with a voluntary offer, at the same price, the matter would be fully and successfully resolved.  I'm not a big fan of forced buybacks, and I think that some people may want to hold on to the shares as collector's items.  Hell, I'd pay a couple of BTC for one, if I had a promise from the exchange board that they wouldn't be retracted or renamed, even if they are otherwise totally bogus.

But that isn't my call.  The exchange has considerable authority over such things, and they are in the best position to evaluate their options and the consequences of them.
Wat
September 23, 2012, 09:45:16 PM

It's about reasonable expectation.  Goat knew damn well, there was never a reasonable expectation for the fake shares to be worth that. The fact he convinced others of that value changes nothing.

And the damn GLBSE ticker shold ahve been fuggin frozen 7 months ago when this was first talked about...

I will agree with that. It allowed Goat to take advantage of people.
Wat
September 23, 2012, 09:43:59 PM

Activity: 504
Decent Programmer to boot!
September 23, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

It's about reasonable expectation.  Goat knew damn well, there was never a reasonable expectation for the fake shares to be worth that. The fact he convinced others of that value changes nothing.

And the damn GLBSE ticker shold ahve been fuggin frozen 7 months ago when this was first talked about...

Can we blame Nefario for all of this since he didn't freeze the ticker? Or block the ticker altogether way back? I like how he handles situations where action has to be taken.
Activity: 504
September 23, 2012, 09:34:29 PM

Pages:
Jump to: