Author

Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs - page 1978. (Read 2984324 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
The NXT IPO was closed early and without notice (that is a fact). That shut out a lot of potential investors who were waiting until the last minute to invest. They, understandably, wanted to get as much information as possible before investing. Let's not dwell on this because it is in the past, but it did happen.

Lesson: don't wait till last minute to invest.  IPO was closed on Nov 18 (after 2 months -- but yes it was sudden announcement) and Nxt was officially launched on Nov 24

The fact : NxT genesis block had 73 accounts. 8 accounts were distributed 40% of NxT. BCNext flatly refused to do taint analysis and closed the IPO suddenly.

Care to post links to the posts? Sock puppets was not a problem back then, and since the data is still available on blockchain.info, why don't you do taint analysis and post for us?

Activity: 798
The fact : NxT IPO

Are you a sockpuppet of TaunSew? Grin

You should overcome CfA, ramblings about NXT etc. and focus on the project. Wink
Needless to say one could buy high volumes of dirt cheap NXT weeks after launch, check old trading threads. Unfortunately I missed out back then (stupid me).

This is a good point. It was easy to get 1 million Nxt for just 1 BTC weeks after the launch, as this thread shows
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/trading-thread-for-nxt-descendant-of-bitcoin-345336

so there was still plenty of opportunity to buy large chunk
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
The NXT IPO was closed early and without notice (that is a fact). That shut out a lot of potential investors who were waiting until the last minute to invest. They, understandably, wanted to get as much information as possible before investing. Let's not dwell on this because it is in the past, but it did happen.

Lesson: don't wait till last minute to invest.  IPO was closed on Nov 18 (after 2 months -- but yes it was sudden announcement) and Nxt was officially launched on Nov 24

The fact : NxT genesis block had 73 accounts. 8 accounts were distributed 40% of NxT. BCNext flatly refused to do taint analysis and closed the IPO suddenly. We can debate about his intention forever but that fact does not change. There are several accounts of 50 million NxT that never sold a single cent up to now. These are insider accounts because these behaviors are not the behaviors of a regular investor.
Activity: 299
Merit: 250
There are three choices for "unclaimed coins ":

1. Distribute proportionally to all current stakeholders.

2. Destroy all the coin.

3. Form a community committee to manage the coins aka Nxt's committee style.

I am for 3. Nxt's committee has been very effective. Choice 3 gives an incentive for NEMsters to do good things for NEM.  Grin

There are really a multitude of possibilities.
stakes shouldn't be distributed to even wider audience, as this would be very unfair towards people who have bought their stake from NXT AE.

Can you elaborate on how that would be unfair ?
Their shares won't get smaller by more people getting in. We're merely trying to get to those 3k stakeholders.

{troll mode on} I guess he has sock puppet accounts an he want to get as much of AE as poosible...
What I meant was that the value of the stake would naturally decrease if the unclaimed ones would be re-distributed. In my opinion that would be unfair for the ones who have bought their stakes from NXT AE as this would be unanticipated move. The auction of the 150 stakes for btc is fair as it was expected and announced _before_ the launch of NEM in NXT AE.

And gimre please don't make such accusations even though I don't have many posts. Writing in a foreign language takes great energy from me, and have chosen to stay as "a reader" on these forums. Also, you can check that I haven't claimed my stake as nxt asset nor have I any plans to do so.

That´s the point.

If you sell them, you just take money from the ones who decided to not sell their stake or even buy more, and put in developers pocket or in a developer fund. And there is already a developer fund.

Please state a decision as soon as possible.

The premise all along is that there will be 4B NEM and each NEMStake represents 1M NEM. I'm not sure I follow your point either.
Activity: 840
Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.
Hi I have a stake in NEM but have not "claimed" it nor have I traded it on the NXT AE.

How do you do all of this....

Can an easy on point thread be made for this?

Here you go:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7284744
Activity: 798
Needless to say one could buy high volumes of dirt cheap NXT weeks after launch, check old trading threads. Unfortunately I missed out back then (stupid me).

Every time I come to this thread wishing to read about NEM all I see is NXT, NXT and NXT. Is it just me? Could we discuss NEM more here?
As NEM has already launched in practice via NXT AE, stakes shouldn't be distributed to even wider audience, as this would be very unfair towards people who have bought their stake from NXT AE. The auction of around 150 stakes for BTC can be proceeded with, as this was known or should have been known by the buyers of NEM stake in NXT AE.

I would like to disagree with "As NEM has already launched in practice via NXT AE". No one has received a real NEM. No one has even run NCC or NIS outside of the core dev team.

A NEMstake on the NXT AE is merely proxy that exists solely to add liquidity to an illiquid asset (a real NEMStake).

Let's stop pretending that it launched.

Nem is not yet launched so there is no claim right now. You will know it when that happens

So, if I remember correctly, BCNext and JeanLuc each sent 1 BTC to the NXT IPO and CfB send 0.1 BTC. That equates to 10% of NXT (and this is only including three of the developers). In addition, the 25% of unclaimed NXT stakes were given to the core NXT team as a community fund. In all, that's 35% controlled by the core NXT team, and I think that coin has been successful.

Please let me know if I got anything wrong.

There is no evidence that BCNext sent anything one way or the other. I don't really know how much JeanLuc sent, but JeanLuc was a total clueless about Nxt (you can read his early posts in original IPO).  He was not the developer or involved in any way with the project. He was just an ordinary investor at that time.

legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
Hi I have a stake in NEM but have not "claimed" it nor have I traded it on the NXT AE.

How do you do all of this....

Distribute the unclaimed stakes among all stakeholders imo.
 This will increase the value of every stake including the devs. Its the only fair way to do it and will (should) make everyone happy.

obvious and easy solution fits everybody

Not really. It just makes the rich richer.

My points are pretty clear,. (...) Nxt was launched just 2 months after IPO and 25% of people never came back to claim their coins. Given much longer delay, this number could be even higher, but lets assume it's 25%

Why do you think 10% plus all the BTC isn't enough for future development? Nxt started with 21 BTC and unclaimed nxt equaled to 10 million ( which is only 1% of total nxt) .

What's wrong with you?

Nothing is wrong with me. Out of 100, 73 came back to claim their stake, so 25%+ never showed up. The second statement is correct too as those 25% had contributed BTC that were worth 1% of Nxt which was about 10 million Nxt. That doesn't change the fact that 25% of people never showed up to claim the coins. Since in Nem every stake is equal, if 25% don't show up that would be 750 million nem

So, if I remember correctly, BCNext and JeanLuc each sent 1 BTC to the NXT IPO and CfB send 0.1 BTC. That equates to 10% of NXT (and this is only including three of the developers). In addition, the 25% of unclaimed NXT stakes were given to the core NXT team as a community fund. In all, that's 35% controlled by the core NXT team, and I think that coin has been successful.

Please let me know if I got anything wrong.
yep, pretty sure 5 % share went to developers involved who basically put in 1 bitcoin and recieved 50 million coins,

Everyone was free to deposit 1 BTC. Rules were the same for everyone. (even though there is no evidence BXNext put 1 BTC).

who then decided to arubtly  close off the auction
whereas only 2 % is going to developers, and the rest has been distributed

The IPO was open for 2 fucking month -- a lot longer than Nem IPO.

No need for cursing. Keep it civil please.

Activity: 596
The client looks great!!

My 2 NEMs on what to do with the unclaimed stakes:

Use the entire wad for a marketing fund to market the hell out of NEM. Seriously, even hire a professional marketing firm. That is the best bet to get NEM mainstream.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0

This looks awesome!

Oh boys and girls, please fasten your seatbelts and make you ready for the ROCKETLAUNCH of NEM! Smiley
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Great, waiting happily for the 25th  Grin
Activity: 497
Merit: 501
Who is this account?

http://nxtreporting.com/?ac=13254208495541261949

He owns 521 NEMStakes, that doesn't seem fair right? is this UtopianFuture?

It's where the stakes are being distributed from by one of the main devs

Lol, loving the messages.

"nothing else matters"   - now i want to listen to some metallica.
Jump to: