Pages:
Author

Topic: [NENG]Nengcoin - Litecoin on Steroids - Scrypt for All Miners - page 35. (Read 45944 times)

Activity: 1553
Merit: 23
Did another math calculation on the two public pools vs my own solo mining on  ASIC USB stick.  All three over past half hours have roughly same block per hashrate. This was proportional to the hashrate
mining NENG.  The explorer reported difficulty at 0.41 and total  network MH/s hashrate at 36.  

The base diffuclty has been going up and ASIC has regained dominance over GPU in this range.  This is back to typical scrypt coin that the reward is proportional to mining hash rate regardless of solo vs pool mining.  

In short, when the base difficulty is low,  the  solo or small pool mining are favored for ASIC/GPU.  When the base difficulty goes up to high enough level (at least > 0.4 diff ), the mining reward goes proportional to ASIC/GPU hashrate just like normal typical scrypt coin mining do.

CPU cheetah solo mining is excluded in this consideration because CPU cheetah mining tends to have constant performance at all range of base difficulties.  

Just did a quick math on the latest  blocks on the two public pools there over past 1 hour.  The smaller pool outperforms  the big pool by 100%  on per hashrate yield over last 1 hour.  By looking at my solo mining setup for small ASIC USB stick (4MH/s) over past 1 hour, solo mining ASIC stick outperforms small pool by  100%, and outperforms big pool by 4x.

So be aware, the profit and yield from pool is not proportional to hashrate due to DynDiff algo on top of scrypts.  This is different from any other PoW mining coins we know of.
Our unique algo of NENG encourages solo mining or small public pools and decreases the impact of big pools. This itself decentralizes mining of NENG so that no single big pool is likely to be dominant in NENG mining and significantly decreases risk of 51% attack.  

It is obviously happening that ASIC/GPU miners moving rigs between the two public pools.  The miners tend to leave big pool and join smaller pool to get bigger profit and back and forth. This is sensible movement given the profitability of big vs small pool could be quite large.
Hi. I'm trying to miner and every wallet I put in the pools diz (NSD) coin

What  rigs are you using?  GPU or ASIC for pool mining?  What software are you using?

You can post config line here and someone here can help trouble shooting your mining config setup.  Scrypt mining is quite common and easy to setup for GPU or ASIC.
Activity: 452
Merit: 0
   Total Earned      0.00000000 NSD
Activity: 452
Hi. I'm trying to miner and every wallet I put in the pools diz (NSD) coin
how many miners mine this coin?

i'm doing OK with my 3 li'l moonlander2s   Wink

solo from the wallet did OK too

There are lot more miners,  CPU solo miners or  ASIC/GPU  solo or pool miners now.  It is hard to know how many.

One anecdote was that my  cpu miner and explorer server was down yesterday for 6 hours.  But the NENG blockchain was operating normally.   NENG comes to a point that
one or two miners come or go won't affect blockchain movement at all now.   It used to be that my CPU solo miner was down, the blockchain quickly got stuck for couple of hours
because  ASIC/GPU can not churn through  without help of CPU solo miners.
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

i'm doing OK with my 3 li'l moonlander2s   Wink

solo from the wallet did OK too
Activity: 407
Merit: 101
i think if cpu can mine with pool, maybe miners can grow up up up!

At this moment, technically not feasible for a cpu only mining pool.

Cheetah solo mining should serve well for all the cpu miners.  Just checked my 24 hours running old linux (dual core, Ubuntu linux), it generated 380,000 NENG over last 24 hours. That is
pretty decent yield in that GPU  or ASIC miners would not mine NENG that easily.

NENG CPU solo mining on Cheetah software should work well even for very old single-CPU  desktop/laptop PC or Mac.  

For decentralization purpose,  the more solo miners, the better security for NENG blockchain.   Decentralization comes with responsibility.  At this moment,  GPU and ASIC miners can come and go without affecting normal operation of NENG blockchain because we have CPU miners.  However,  if there are no CPU miners solo mining NENG, NENG blockchain could get stuck there for hours with no blocks even if all GPU/ASIC miners are mining with high hashrate.  Therefore,  CPU miners are actually the mining backbone of NENG blockchain at current design.  
i think if cpu can mine with pool, maybe miners can grow up up up!
2nd round of airdrop has been paid for 100,000 per sign up.  The airdrop is ongoing until 1000 max.  Hurry up to sign on free 100k NENG!
Upon notification from Square, Inc, which provides Cash App,  the fiat project of buying NENG with USD cash for U.S. residents is discontinued.
can setup cpu pools ?

Not profitable nor feasible to do cpu mining pools.

CPU miners have to be solo miners.  Use the cheetah_cpuminer software  in the first post.
can setup cpu pools ?
Activity: 641
altmarkets.io is good exchanger . england base  - fast support

cheap to list under $20  on their coin https://altmarkets.io/voting
Activity: 613
Merit: 250
will there be more exchanges ?
Activity: 515
Merit: 250

! Please update your ports !

Happy Mining

Code:
 stratum+tcp://findblocks.com:3333 -u  -p  c=NENG

Twitter - @Findblocks - Skype - [email protected] - Email - [email protected] -

need more exchanges!
can setup cpu mining pool?

Not possible on NENG for CPU only pool.  All CPU miners are solo miners.

CPU miners can have two choices: Cheetah method, good for small CPU or casual miners.  Or a dedicated 24 hours solo miners, good for big CPU machine.
I would also like to get this coin.Where can I find instructions for setting up a miner for the processor?I see the pools, but I didn’t understand how to mine.

If you have GPU or ASIC,  mine NENG in same way as a typical scrypt coin (such as litecoin, dogecoin or New york coin).

If you want to mine with CPU,  desktop or laptop (Intel PC or Mac or Linux),  follow Cheetah software README on github page, scroll down a bit there:

https://github.com/ShorelineCrypto/cheetah_cpuminer
Activity: 728
Merit: 13
can setup cpu mining pool?

Not possible on NENG for CPU only pool.  All CPU miners are solo miners.

CPU miners can have two choices: Cheetah method, good for small CPU or casual miners.  Or a dedicated 24 hours solo miners, good for big CPU machine.
I would also like to get this coin.Where can I find instructions for setting up a miner for the processor?I see the pools, but I didn’t understand how to mine.
Pages:
Jump to: