Author

Topic: | NEO Smart Economy⚡Now a Top 10 Cryptocurrency⚡| Official Thread |Updated Aug10 - page 165. (Read 241266 times)

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
worth read....just for the lesson....

The Trade of the Century: When George Soros Broke the British Pound

https://priceonomics.com/the-trade-of-the-century-when-george-soros-broke/

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
48 hours no confirmation of the transaction. I tried to find the tx with neotracker, which gave me no results. Have someone have this problem?
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
How is the "china banning everything" thing to supposed to affect NEO and all these new ICO projects?

NEO has proven it has moved beyond China and to the world with its blockchain. The current correction may have been sparked by China and Korean FUD. But over the past 4 years, there has always been a crypto correction 3 weeks or so before lunar new year: https://diningmosaic.com/bitcoin-dip-lunar-new-year-good-thing/
Activity: 504
Merit: 1
How is the "china banning everything" thing to supposed to affect NEO and all these new ICO projects?

I'd like to know that, too.
And the second question, that arises to me after today's crash of the entire market, is: Is it worthwhile to buy more NEO?
The ETH and BTC prices have also dropped sharply. Yesterday they paid 0.11 ETH for a NEO, but today it is already 0.13 ETH for a NEO. Although the NEO/USD course has also dropped sharply.
BUY NEO, LONG NEO LONG, LONG CRIPTO LONG, lets make it 1 TRILION in 14 days market CAP, lets surpase Aplle and microsoft
legendary
2009 Alea iacta est
news...

Alibaba Launches Crypto Mining Platform

https://iconow.net/alibaba-launches-crypto-mining-platform/
https://dailyhodl.com/2018/01/16/alibaba-launching-cryptocurrency-mining-platform/
http://www.coinnewsline.com/2018/01/17/chinas-alibaba-quietly-launches-a-cryptocurrency-mining-platform/

Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba has launched a surprise cryptocurrency mining platform, unconfirmed sources surfacing today claim.

CnLedger, a Twitter-based local crypto news information provider, relayed the report from Chinese Internet service qq.com, stating Alibaba’s ‘P2P Nodes’ platform had “launched” after a registration in October 2017.

According to the available material from cnLedger, Alibaba “may incorporate” P2P Nodes in its e-commerce platform “in future”:

Tencent News: Alibaba launching virtual currency mining platform “P2P Nodes”, registered in Nanjing. May incorporate with e-commerce platform in future. (Unconfirmed)https://t.co/w0ZzgKk773

— cnLedger (@cnLedger) January 16, 2018
In a further development, fellow Chinese conglomerate Tencent has registered a “Blockchain-related trademark” for an entity referred to variously as ‘Ether Lock’ and ‘Ethernet Lock.’

Chinese internet giant Tencent was found to have registered blockchain-related trademark “Ether Lock” https://t.co/fQKn0rHnMq

— cnLedger (@cnLedger) January 16, 2018
The moves run contrary to the current regulatory narrative coming from Beijing. Authorities have recently made known a desire to slowly reduce participation in Bitcoin mining, while regulators are also moving to eradicate the last traces of centralized crypto-to-fiat trading.

P2P Nodes also represents an apparent U-turn for Alibaba founder Jack Ma, who in December declared that the world was “not ready” for engagement with cryptocurrency.

In an interview with CNBC around the same time, Ma revealed that Alibaba had “spent a lot of efforts” researching Blockchain technology, but that Bitcoin is “not for [him]”.

Cryptocurrency markets continue to feel the pressure in part from China’s latest regulatory moves, with Bitcoin losing almost 15% and altcoins much more in the past 24 hours’ trading.
Activity: 45
when the problem in the wallet bitrrex will come to an end :S

what a prediction!! i think it is not going to the end, bittrex would raise up again even it is take a long time  Grin
Activity: 51

I'd like to know that, too.
And the second question, that arises to me after today's crash of the entire market, is: Is it worthwhile to buy more NEO?
The ETH and BTC prices have also dropped sharply. Yesterday they paid 0.11 ETH for a NEO, but today it is already 0.13 ETH for a NEO. Although the NEO/USD course has also dropped sharply.
Activity: 511
Merit: 250
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
Activity: 728
Merit: 110
Can someone give directions to Bittrex so they will enable their wallet again? I need to transfer my NEO from that exchange. This exchange tries hard to be annoying with anything possible. Leaving out the numerous 0 ms bots that try hard to make you win as few as possible and the intrussive use of buy/sell orders as they manage to calculate before you even put any order. Leaving out the pump n dump groups that infest this shithole. I don't even know why people still using this crap site. On binance at least you can buy close to the price you want to in a few seconds, not after 30 times trying and way higher.

True. Bittrex is really sucking lately.

I'm going to start using Binance to trade.

Not trading my NEO, though. NEO is for HODL.  Wink
Activity: 192
Merit: 13
Can someone give directions to Bittrex so they will enable their wallet again? I need to transfer my NEO from that exchange. This exchange tries hard to be annoying with anything possible. Leaving out the numerous 0 ms bots that try hard to make you win as few as possible and the intrussive use of buy/sell orders as they manage to calculate before you even put any order. Leaving out the pump n dump groups that infest this shithole. I don't even know why people still using this crap site. On binance at least you can buy close to the price you want to in a few seconds, not after 30 times trying and way higher.
Activity: 2
Hey all,

been here since early antshare times, but only lurking. I hope someone can help me with my issue:

I´m running the neo-gui (v 2.3.5) on a pc. Yesterday i made a contract transaction in order to claim gas. Copied my address to the clipboard and sent the whole balance to my wallet again. Done this several times in the past, worked just fine.
This time, not so well. The contract transaction is unconfirmed for almost 20h now. Blocks are fully synched and block height ist 10/10. I tried to find the tx with neotracker, which gave me no results. My balance appears in my wallet and is correct, but my unclaimed gas is gone (showing 0/0)
Does that mean, that my whole balance is still anywhere out there, waiting to be confirmed, even though it appeared in my wallet instantly after sending it to myself?

Neotracker shows me my whole balance and the unclaimed gas btw.

Has anyone of you experienced this in the past and knows what to do? I wanted to move my gas and neo to my neon wallet, but right now i´m scared of invoking a new transaction because the last one is unconfirmed.

I downloaded the latest neo-gui 2.5.2, but i have to wait a few hours for the blocks to build.

Thanks for your help!

I updated to the new neo-gui 2.5.2 wallet a few days ago, you just have to wait a long time for the wallet to sync; then shut down the wallet and copy the wallet.db3 file to the new neo-gui 2.5.2 folder. Restart the wallet and when it asks for wallet location point it to where you have the .db3 file (it will ask if you want to convert it) and let it convert it to the new .json format.

Thanks for your reply, waiting for the wallet to synch. Will post an update.
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
Hey all,

been here since early antshare times, but only lurking. I hope someone can help me with my issue:

I´m running the neo-gui (v 2.3.5) on a pc. Yesterday i made a contract transaction in order to claim gas. Copied my address to the clipboard and sent the whole balance to my wallet again. Done this several times in the past, worked just fine.
This time, not so well. The contract transaction is unconfirmed for almost 20h now. Blocks are fully synched and block height ist 10/10. I tried to find the tx with neotracker, which gave me no results. My balance appears in my wallet and is correct, but my unclaimed gas is gone (showing 0/0)
Does that mean, that my whole balance is still anywhere out there, waiting to be confirmed, even though it appeared in my wallet instantly after sending it to myself?

Has anyone of you experienced this in the past and knows what to do? I wanted to move my gas and neo to my neon wallet, but right now i´m scared of invoking a new transaction because the last one is unconfirmed.

I downloaded the latest neo-gui 2.5.2, but i have to wait a few hours for the blocks to build.

Thanks for your help!

I updated to the new neo-gui 2.5.2 wallet a few days ago, you just have to wait a long time for the wallet to sync; then shut down the wallet and copy the wallet.db3 file to the new neo-gui 2.5.2 folder. Restart the wallet and when it asks for wallet location point it to where you have the .db3 file (it will ask if you want to convert it) and let it convert it to the new .json format.
Activity: 352
Merit: 104
SquidCoin.cash

Neo should be given credit - this is one of the few coins that is held in price with a strong correction bitcoin.
Activity: 2
Hey all,

Thanks for your help!
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
ANOTHER project moving from $ETH to $NEO welcome @pikciochainpkc to the @NEO_Blockchain

https://twitter.com/GoodGuyMat/status/953119284867321856

Digital Identity, Self-Sovereign Identity, And Blockchain

https://news.pikciochain.com/digital-identity-self-sovereign-identity-and-blockchain-ceeaf1268026?gi=c1c519d03ec4

Nice, and that is one of the reasons NEO is gaining a lot of attention these days. I am not sure if there will be an NEO:ETH flippening, but it looks a lot more possible now.
legendary
2009 Alea iacta est
ANOTHER project moving from $ETH to $NEO welcome @pikciochainpkc to the @NEO_Blockchain

https://twitter.com/GoodGuyMat/status/953119284867321856

Digital Identity, Self-Sovereign Identity, And Blockchain

https://news.pikciochain.com/digital-identity-self-sovereign-identity-and-blockchain-ceeaf1268026?gi=c1c519d03ec4
legendary
2009 Alea iacta est
Interview with NEO team ($NEO)

https://medium.com/@cryptorand/interview-with-neo-team-neo-2971e0b4df13

This time I had the pleasure to interview the NEO team. One of the most loved projects by the Crypto community. A flexible blockchain platform aiming to fit the business needs.
How would you describe the main pillars of the company?
NEO is an open source project, so the main pillars are all the community groups that are actively building and expanding the ecosystem. The NEO Council is located in Shanghai, community developer group City of Zion are more than 50 developers distributed all over the world, and community developer group NewEconoLab sprouted up in China around two months ago and now gaining a lot of traction across China.

What’s the role of the tokens at NEO project?
NEO has two main purposes:
1.Slowly generate new GAS (until cap is reached) 2.Enforce network integrity a) Vote for consensus nodes b) Ensure gas circulation. GAS has one main purpose: 1.Utility token for service fees on the NEO blockchain. GAS circulation: 1.All system fees are recycled and distributed proportionally to all NEO. 2. If transaction fee is charged, then that GAS is distributed only among consensus nodes.
About the team and supporters, what are your strengths?
Counting all daily contributors, we are now a team of close to 100 developers working on this project, spread all over the world. In Shanghai, we are close to 30 full-time team members and still growing, preparing to change to a bigger office for the second time. Our biggest strength is of course our community. We have amazing developers building on this project; developers who see what needs to be done and just go ahead and do it. Community groups, for example CoZ, are funded by NEO Council and independently managed, meaning that we reduce bottlenecks in rewarding contributors.

Thinking about the future, do you have relevant upgrades or partnerships on track?
Yes, but we don’t want rumours to spread. We will announce when we have something to announce.
What will be the real use for GAS? An how it will fit in NEO project?
GAS is the utility token. GAS is paid to deploy Smart Contracts and to get priority transactions. It’s divisible and can also be used as service fee within Smart Contracts, comparable to a network “currency”.

What’s the added value of NEO against other competitors like Ethereum?
NEO transaction capacity is already 1000tps+ single core on MainNet. Other projects claiming similar speed do not have a production ready product.
Projects claiming “millions of tps” are using sharding / state channels. These technologies are just as easily applied to NEO.
Transactions are free.
Consensus algorithm never create branches. A transaction is 100% final after the first confirmation.
Smart Contracts can be written in C#, Java, Python, JavaScript, Go, Kotlin.
Smart Contract deployment fee serve as an extra protection layer against ”trash data” and scam projects.
Very different focus, Ethereum wants to build a network for unstoppable applications, NEO wants to build a network for smart economy (adhere to legislation).
Evaluation of the current scenario for NEO and the blockchain platforms industry.
I feel most blockchain platforms are trying to adapt business use cases for blockchain. NEO actually take the other approach, and have built a blockchain platform that is adapted to business use cases. We want to link the real economy and the digital economy.
You can buy/trade $NEO and generate $GAS he

Activity: 448
Merit: 137
Today, @dahongfei joined a meetup hosted by yonsei university, one of the best university in Korea. Student developers showed great interests in $NEO

legendary
2009 Alea iacta est
NEO Shows No Signs of Stopping Ahead of ICO Fest; Is it The One?

https://cryptovest.com/news/neo-shows-no-signs-of-stopping-ahead-of-ico-fest-is-it-the-one/

After a prolonged slumber, NEO, the "Chinese Ethereum", seems all set to reach new heights with popular ICOs on the horizon.
NEO has smashed its all-time high this week despite a bearish market, as the ‘Chinese Ethereum’ quickly becomes one of the fastest growing platforms for regulated ICOs.

What has caused this bullish trend for NEO?

Over the past 7 days, NEO’s price has seen a huge 372% rise from $33.34 to its current all-time high up at $157.44 (at the time of writing) as the market begins to take stock of the 27 ICO’s launching this year on the NEO platform.

Having had little price movement over Q4 last year, NEO looks to step up its game going into 2018, with highly innovative projects including the already successful Red Pulse ICO, the world’s first decentralized mobile phone network, Qlink, and a community driven NEON exchange, NEX, based on the NEO blockchain.

Powering the NEO blockchain, and what will be fuelling these ICOs is NEO’s spendable ‘GAS’ token. GAS is a token reward whereby holders of NEO are paid GAS tokens provided NEO is held in supported wallets.

These GAS tokens are used on the NEO blockchain to fuel smart contract deployment and general transactions, similar to gas used in Ethereum. What makes GAS unique is that it is not destroyed, and has a finite supply.

With new ICOs dependent on GAS to power their projects, the scarcity of these tokens has driven the price up to $78, allowing NEO buyers an opportunity to earn a passive income from simply ‘HODLing’ the cryptocurrency.

While this benefits the community in one aspect, the voting powers attached to these tokens have also raised some concerns, as NEO holders fear these larger ICO companies will have whale-like dictatorship over NEO’s future direction.

What else does NEO have to offer?

What also makes NEO different from other cryptocurrencies is how it reaches consensus on the blockchain. Consensus, in context to blockchain transactions, is largely about how an honest ledger is maintained by adhering to a single truth.

Given that there are countless transactions occurring all over the world at any given time on the NEO blockchain, there’s a very large scope for disagreement on what has been transacted, as well as what balances should everyone have in their wallets.
Many different cryptocurrencies have attempted to solve this issue through various consensus protocols to validate their own blockchains, including:

Proof of Stake (PoS): Refers to the random selection of a synchronized candidate on the blockchain to validate the chain with the highest collateral, rewarding them on creating the next block.

Proof of Work (PoW): Refers to the process of ‘mining’ which uses huge amounts of computing energy to solve complex mathematical problems to issue new blocks.

Then there is NEO with its dBFT (Delegated Byzantine Fault Tolerance) algorithm.

This consensus mechanism has been chosen by NEO as they believe it offers greater scaling options for the blockchain, is less prone to deviation from malicious actors who try to destabilize the system and uses a great deal less energy than crypto mining. This scalability feature will play a vital role for the development of NEO’s blockchain as new DApps are added to the platform.

What’s next for NEO?

With new ICOs on the horizon, and their numbers only expected to grow, NEO may be looker towards newer heights. Additionally, the scarcity of GAS and its potential payout for NEO holders is another factor that can drive the price higher in the coming months.
Activity: 139
Merit: 104
Can someone please inform NEO that we are in bear market so it stops rising?

Your prayers have been answered my friend. Down to 150 dollars.
All market go down Sad(, continue hodl & dont care anything.

Yes exactly. It's the same story as always, so I'm only excited Smiley
Jump to: