Author

Topic: | NEO Smart Economy⚡Now a Top 10 Cryptocurrency⚡| Official Thread |Updated Aug10 - page 302. (Read 241263 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
Ganja <3
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
im am struggling here to fight the fomo for neo. I was telling my buddy at 5 dollars than antshares was a good buy, but I couldnt pull the trigger. Then it went to 7 and i didnt buy and here it is at 16 and I could have doubled up Shocked
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
is there a wallet for mac?

I only see a wallet for PC at the moment?

where do u guys keep you Neo?
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013
DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/
Hi.
What caused the name change for this coin?
Do you think that unlike Antshares, name the NEO is a good?
Now I see that this coin is still traded on Bittrex under the old name Antshares.

I think it is kind of a lost in translation issue. While in China the literal Ants may be seen as very strong as ants work together to build complex communities with their swarm behavior. However many western cultures don't appreciate it and see ants as small annoying insects. I actually liked the name Antshares but NEO sounds pretty cool, so be it if it makes the coin seem more professional.

Ok, I understood your idea.
In fact, there is an international payment system in which the ant is the main symbol in their wallet.
Perhaps you heard about it. It's name is WebMoney

At least in Russia it is quite popular.
But I think that all these payment systems are already living the last days.
Soon they will be replaced by crypto currencies, as they are safer and more convenient, they guarantee freedom and inviolability for private capital.

I see that this platform positions itself as an alternative to ETH (only without POW mining)
At least I have not found here information about mining and the algorithm that is used..
Do you think that such distribution of coins is considered more just and reliable?
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
Hi.
Now I see that this coin is still traded on Bittrex under the old name Antshares.

I think it is kind of a lost in translation issue. While in China the literal Ants may be seen as very strong as ants work together to build complex communities with their swarm behavior. However many western cultures don't appreciate it and see ants as small annoying insects. I actually liked the name Antshares but NEO sounds pretty cool, so be it if it makes the coin seem more professional.
Activity: 381
Merit: 250

@Ashara What that mean? Where physically our lost decimals? Thank you!
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Co founder & CMO SocialX
Hi.

Rebranding.

Bittrex will change the name in the next couple of days.
Activity: 495
Merit: 500
Neo is now a top 10 coin! Top 5 is next!
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013
DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/
Hi.
Merit: 100
Co founder & CMO SocialX
Neo is my favorite Alt Coin, I started investing around $8 and added more and more all the way, when it tanked to $4 in the last month. Wish I should have bought more.

NEO is the next biggest altcoin.  Smiley

Who thinks we reach the 20$ in August? Smiley
Its almost in top 10, half a million market cap left to become number 10 😎
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Neo is my favorite Alt Coin, I started investing around $8 and added more and more all the way, when it tanked to $4 in the last month. Wish I should have bought more.

NEO is the next biggest altcoin.  Smiley
Only a few days left until August 8th, this is the last chance to buy at these prices, and then we witness the next "Ethereum". $100+ per coin coming soon
Activity: 434

Good project, good development, good devs and good community ,i love NEO !
Activity: 212
Merit: 104
Neo Plane starting now.... every one try to get in before take off
Merit: 101
Crypto connoisseur.
Top 10.neo: the world is yours!!!
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
Holy crapo! The OP has more pizzaz than the old Antshares OP. Are the devs more responsive now in this thread? I prefer Erik Zhang to post directly in here though.
Activity: 511
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
I think that is a huge problem.
Imagine that NEO is 1000 $ and then you send a fraction of that like 1.6 to your wallet. You only get 1 NEO, so 600 Dollars is lost. That is really crazy right now!

- You can buy/sell/hold fractions of NEO on an exchange until you have whole multiples and are ready to transfer. If you have 1.6 NEO, transfer 1 to your wallet and leave the 0.6 on the exchange temporarily (or sell it). You are not forced to 'lose' the 0.6; that only happens if you choose to transfer a fraction.

- NEO are, essentially, shares in the network. Real-world shares in a company are also not normally divisible--you can't normally buy half of a share in Apple, say (so, really, the fact that exchanges allow you to buy fractions of NEO is the weird part, not the fact that the wallet will only hold whole multiples). But 1 share in Apple is more than $150 USD; one share in Amazon is almost $1000 USD; and one share in Berkshire Hathaway is $270,000 USD. Would you say that those companies have been hurt by the fact that their stock can't be bought and sold in fractions?

Then what happens to the NEO that disappear if somebody accidentally sends a fraction? Does the exchange get to keep them or am I missing something?
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
Will NEO pass STRATIS today and even Monero and enter in top 10?

NEO is really interesting. It was hidden behind the scenes because it is in China of course and wasn't really available here. Interesting thing, I heard in a video today that it's been out since 2014 (or that is when they started it, forget) and in a way, the tech is superior to ETH's. Not a knock against ETH, I think anyone who comes out first, they get the advantage of first mover, but the strong disadvantage of trying to fix a car while it is running. Neo took more of their time, saw where ETH went wrong (e.g. one blockchain, speed, serious scaling issues, etc. ) and just improved (or plans to improve) on it.

If you just think about this coin, think of how the Chinese love to support their own stuff, and then look at the incredible tech (and to be fair in some cases tech to come as it is not a finished project yet, but the people behind it are worthy, well known and capable.) - you get something that can really explode. I'm not sure how it will stack up against EOS if EOS realizes its potential, but it probably isn't going to matter as this space is just exploding and China alone is enough to make something #1 or up there.

My "expectations" for NEO are huge, really. Imagine ETH at $12, and more for the Western World (back then), and now enter NEO for more of the world (just cause of where the space is now, with China behind it)....   Neo over $100 at some point this year would not at all surprise me. And if mainstream jumps on board, hedge funds, etc. this is going to give ETH a run imo.
Activity: 359
Merit: 270
I think that is a huge problem.
Imagine that NEO is 1000 $ and then you send a fraction of that like 1.6 to your wallet. You only get 1 NEO, so 600 Dollars is lost. That is really crazy right now!

- You can buy/sell/hold fractions of NEO on an exchange until you have whole multiples and are ready to transfer. If you have 1.6 NEO, transfer 1 to your wallet and leave the 0.6 on the exchange temporarily (or sell it). You are not forced to 'lose' the 0.6; that only happens if you choose to transfer a fraction.

- NEO are, essentially, shares in the network. Real-world shares in a company are also not normally divisible--you can't normally buy half of a share in Apple, say (so, really, the fact that exchanges allow you to buy fractions of NEO is the weird part, not the fact that the wallet will only hold whole multiples). But 1 share in Apple is more than $150 USD; one share in Amazon is almost $1000 USD; and one share in Berkshire Hathaway is $270,000 USD. Would you say that those companies have been hurt by the fact that their stock can't be bought and sold in fractions?
Jump to: