Pages:
Author

Topic: [NEW] Bitmain Announces Antminer A3 - page 12. (Read 22419 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
February 14, 2018, 01:42:14 PM
P.S.A Do not try and deposit siacoin sc funds into Poloniex. I linked my Poloniex account with my a3 back in January when I received the unit. There were 4 separate deposits made during the first 2 days, totaling 2,500 SC. Here's a screenshot I took this morning, still no coins even though siamining.com has it as completed as well as all other transactions that I since switched over to hitbtc. No issues whatsoever with Hitbtc. I sent Poloniex support a message about it on the 30th of January, giving them 2 days to complete the trx before opening a ticket. As of today Feb 13th 2018, I still have received no correspondacnce, and have no idea where my 2500 SC are as of right now.

https://imgur.com/a/WOqjn

TLDR - Deposited 2500 Siacoin into Poloniex from siamining.com and still have not received them. Switched to Hitbtc, and no issues there.

Been lurking for quite sometime now, thought I'd give back and hopefully save someone from this happening to them.
Cheers Miners

I have roughly 8,500 SC in limbo on Poloniex.  Pointed my A3 there and after the first 500 SC didn't show up put a ticket in.  They responded within 5 minutes, which is rare apparently, and they were having problems with the wallet and they would deposit the missing coins after they fixed it. With my new confidence in them I kept it pointed there for a few days and still have no coins or any response to that ticket or the new ones I have opened.  Second the Hitbtc move, works well.
Activity: 58
February 14, 2018, 01:02:25 AM
fluctuations due to connected and then disconnected miners by Bitmain... same was in Jan...
another thing - there is a big decline in hashrate on 20:00 GMT: 11.4 > 8.7 Ph and then back to 11.6....
second hashboard on my miner went xxx at this time, but recovered soon...
what was that i wonder?

today we got 2 falls of hashrate..
1) Sia developers are testing soft fork
2) there is a bug in current algo
Activity: 2
February 13, 2018, 02:44:05 PM
P.S.A Do not try and deposit siacoin sc funds into Poloniex. I linked my Poloniex account with my a3 back in January when I received the unit. There were 4 separate deposits made during the first 2 days, totaling 2,500 SC. Here's a screenshot I took this morning, still no coins even though siamining.com has it as completed as well as all other transactions that I since switched over to hitbtc. No issues whatsoever with Hitbtc. I sent Poloniex support a message about it on the 30th of January, giving them 2 days to complete the trx before opening a ticket. As of today Feb 13th 2018, I still have received no correspondacnce, and have no idea where my 2500 SC are as of right now.

https://imgur.com/a/WOqjn

TLDR - Deposited 2500 Siacoin into Poloniex from siamining.com and still have not received them. Switched to Hitbtc, and no issues there.

Been lurking for quite sometime now, thought I'd give back and hopefully save someone from this happening to them.
Cheers Miners
Activity: 92
Merit: 1
February 13, 2018, 02:39:16 PM
Nearly half of siamining.com hash rate is out presently. A3 shall display errors/low hash rate.

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
1.21 GIGA WATTS
February 13, 2018, 09:54:45 AM
Hi has anyone noticed any transactions/payouts from Siamining pool missing in the Siacoin wallet?

I've had one payout 3 days ago not show up in my Sia wallet and again another one few hours ago not showing up in my Sia wallet. See circled transactions in image below.

All-Time Paid Out: 34,695.83 SC from Siamining, but confirmed balance in wallet is: 32098.87 SC, so i'm missing 2596.96 SC

If anyone's experienced this please let me know what you've done to recover the missing payout.

BTW, I'm using Sia-UI version 1.3.1 wallet.

Very common problem with the 1.3.1 UI Wallet, I've talked with other pool ops and their users have the same issues. See here for how to fix it https://siawiki.tech/wallet/lost_transactions_troubleshooter

You can always verify the pool has issued the payout by checking the TXID and looking at in the explorer.

Thanks xurious for the quick reply. I'll give lost_transactions_troubleshooter a try,
but like Tekno2020 (thanks for your tip) mentions at a later date after I've transferred existing Siacoins out of the wallet.

Along with Tekno2020:

Deleting and restoring from seed is a safe operation. There is no data loss as you have your original seed to recreate the wallet from. It's the same as restoring from seed using an electrum wallet.

I had a strange transaction appear in my Siacoin wallet today with a negative amount of -0.088 SC. See line below with transaction ID

Today at 21:15   -0.088 SC   a727258731b996bdba3ae71e648fe90c9b6ad66d1f82ed452df0ca0e9d76c3c7    Confirmed

Also, I don't understand how Sia Explorer works. How do I see transactions to my wallet address with received transactions amounts and wallet balance, as you can see with a Bitcoin wallet address

If xurious or anyone with more knowledge than myself can help it would be appreciated.
February 12, 2018, 01:30:06 AM
anyone noticed the fluctuation on Sia stats graph? what's goin on?

fluctuations due to connected and then disconnected miners by Bitmain... same was in Jan...
another thing - there is a big decline in hashrate on 20:00 GMT: 11.4 > 8.7 Ph and then back to 11.6....
second hashboard on my miner went xxx at this time, but recovered soon...
what was that i wonder?
Activity: 83
February 12, 2018, 12:14:44 AM

bitmain is premining their next batches..
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
February 11, 2018, 09:41:27 PM
If anyone's concerned about the recent news of antminer a3's offgassing harmful levels of formaldehyde I tested my own. .

https://youtu.be/c2fAXflLZwU
Activity: 21
February 11, 2018, 08:04:04 PM
February 09, 2018, 12:26:28 AM
there's no microSD slot on A3 in comparison with S9...
does that mean that i will be unable to unbrick my A3 if sh1t happens?

mine has one  Huh

Can you please post a photo of where it's located?
it's definitely not the same as S9...
Activity: 126
Merit: 15
February 09, 2018, 12:00:57 AM
I have EVGA 1600W T2 x23 units, and wish I had bought more back when the prices were $400 shipped for NIB and < $400 when used on eBay as it was an incredible value for having the best, but now they average $800 in today's market. The most I had ever paid for one was $409 shipped from Newegg, and they had no limit on order quantity. Lowest purchased was $340 on eBay for used. It's the highest voltage, highest quality, quietest, most efficient, longest warranty (10 year) computer PSU available. Also includes the longest cables (31") and the largest quantity of cables bundled with it of any PSU.

The AW3++ cables are too inconveniently short, and didn't even include a power cable, which is why I had to use EVGA 1600W T2s for 2 of the A3s on delivery day. Regardless, I would have used the AW3++ as I bought 1 for each A3, but I didn't have any c13 to c14 cables on hand, only had extra c19 to c20, and my town (Memphis, TN) and the surrounding suburbs don't stock such cables or adapters. I've since bought plenty of c13 to c14 cables from online. Using the EVGA 1600W T2 was just a temporary solution for the A3. Best if used for A3/S9/L3+ on 120V circuit or for GPU rigs. Eventually, I hope to see a 2200W T2 PSU (Titanium rated) from EVGA:
https://www.pcgamer.com/evgas-2200w-power-supply-provides-enough-juice-for-seven-gtx-1070-cards/
Activity: 122
Merit: 10
February 08, 2018, 03:59:14 PM
My experience with the A3: Total of 4 purchased direct from Bitmain. All are overclocked by +668, running in a 2-car garage with the door closed and zero ventilation, along with 4 other ASICs and 1080 Ti x16 GPUs. Mining non-stop since January 27th with zero reboots, averaging > 900 GH/s per A3. Have no choice but to give it 5/5 stars so far.

Could be because of the clean power: all are fed dedicated 220V 30A, 2 units are using EVGA 1600W T2, rest are on AW3++. Also keep the units low to the ground where the cool air stays, tho the garage stays around 90F+ (outside temps are 50F). Bitmain says operating temps max out at 104F, so fine solution until Spring/Summer.

Haha nice.

My A3's been acting up ever since day one and I think a hashboard just died on me. Temperatures are really low, with the outside cold the chip temps are ±60C. I see spikes in HW errors on all boards (bursts of 10k's of errors, leading to stale/invalid shares, and the one with the least amount of errors just left the building... Weird!

I would like to know if its really necessary to spend that much money for a EVGA or Corsair PSU? Does anyone have really better experience with non Bitmain PSUs?
thx

I have 5 EVGA 1600 G2 PSUs and 1 Bitmain APW+++ PSU.
THe APW+++ is powerful enough and quiet to for any Bitmain miners.
The EVGA 1600 G2 has much better quality, and very quite. but it is too expensive.

Using the APW+++ PSU for antminers is the most economic way  IMO - but you would need 240V

Activity: 6
February 08, 2018, 02:29:51 PM
Is anybody could order on EN site with shipping to Hong Kong? For now site said that "unable to ship to mainland China"
hong kong is the country, not china. I had the same
Activity: 413
Merit: 250
February 08, 2018, 09:45:30 AM
Hi has anyone noticed any transactions/payouts from Siamining pool missing in the Siacoin wallet?

I've had one payout 3 days ago not show up in my Sia wallet and again another one few hours ago not showing up in my Sia wallet. See circled transactions in image below.

All-Time Paid Out: 34,695.83 SC from Siamining, but confirmed balance in wallet is: 32098.87 SC, so i'm missing 2596.96 SC

If anyone's experienced this please let me know what you've done to recover the missing payout.

BTW, I'm using Sia-UI version 1.3.1 wallet.

Very common problem with the 1.3.1 UI Wallet, I've talked with other pool ops and their users have the same issues. See here for how to fix it https://siawiki.tech/wallet/lost_transactions_troubleshooter

You can always verify the pool has issued the payout by checking the TXID and looking at in the explorer.

Thanks xurious for the quick reply. I'll give lost_transactions_troubleshooter a try,
but like Tekno2020 (thanks for your tip) mentions at a later date after I've transferred existing Siacoins out of the wallet.

Along with Tekno2020:

Deleting and restoring from seed is a safe operation. There is no data loss as you have your original seed to recreate the wallet from. It's the same as restoring from seed using an electrum wallet.
February 08, 2018, 08:32:48 AM

mine has one  Huh
Activity: 45
February 08, 2018, 05:50:07 AM
My experience with the A3: Total of 4 purchased direct from Bitmain. All are overclocked by +668, running in a 2-car garage with the door closed and zero ventilation, along with 4 other ASICs and 1080 Ti x16 GPUs. Mining non-stop since January 27th with zero reboots, averaging > 900 GH/s per A3. Have no choice but to give it 5/5 stars so far.
https://s20.postimg.org/4eoyp8i09/garage_farm.jpg

Could be because of the clean power: all are fed dedicated 220V 30A, 2 units are using EVGA 1600W T2, rest are on AW3++. Also keep the units low to the ground where the cool air stays, tho the garage stays around 90F+ (outside temps are 50F). Bitmain says operating temps max out at 104F, so fine solution until Spring/Summer.

Haha nice.

My A3's been acting up ever since day one and I think a hashboard just died on me. Temperatures are really low, with the outside cold the chip temps are ±60C. I see spikes in HW errors on all boards (bursts of 10k's of errors, leading to stale/invalid shares, and the one with the least amount of errors just left the building... Weird!

I would like to know if its really necessary to spend that much money for a EVGA or Corsair PSU? Does anyone have really better experience with non Bitmain PSUs?
thx
Activity: 56
February 08, 2018, 05:42:41 AM
Is anybody could order on EN site with shipping to Hong Kong? For now site said that "unable to ship to mainland China"
February 08, 2018, 04:31:04 AM
what is the tolerable HW for each board running 24 hours ?
I got my HW on each board:
1. 11,000
2.  1,121
3.  3,444
For board #1, is it still okay for running 24 hrs already?

as long no XXXX appears is good. I think its inevitable with the A3. I have them too
February 08, 2018, 03:49:30 AM
Activity: 230
Merit: 101
February 07, 2018, 07:38:16 PM
If the price was 500 usd I would grab a couple.... Now I won’t bother...
Pages:
Jump to: