Pages:
Author

Topic: [NEW] Bitmain Announces Antminer A3 - page 13. (Read 22419 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 101
February 07, 2018, 05:30:25 PM
I've order one from this batch. Fully expecting the difficulty to go up so much in the next couple months while I waiting for it that it will just be a paperweight by the time I receive it haha
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
February 07, 2018, 05:22:20 PM
Hi community,
I turn to you as I need some help if possible.
I have an Antimner a3 and one of the boards is not working. Tried changing power, moving back and forth but always the one in the middle (board 2) do not work. Tried booting the Antimner only with it connected also did not work.
Sometimes the board will not show at all, sometimes (when I lower to 550 )will show with few Asics but all XXXX XXXXXXXX.
Tried factory reset few times, tried power off/on, restart .... none of it changed anything.

Any ideas if there is any chance I can fix this other then sending back to Bitmain?

p.s. if anyone manages to help me to solve this will permanently mine for you for a day.

Hi Man, I had the same problem and after a few reboots and refirmwares I got all fine... but still not hashing.... so i sent it back to china. They "repaired"it pretty quick I have to say. Got it back today and guess what... it works!! but only if I do not change any setting. so even changing one pool result in losing connection and not being able to mine.  Huh

so after trying several things it seems a pure luck combination of resets and got it back to work. it is just insanely HOT and have to cool it with -4 degrees outside ait and even then its still 83 degrees!! CRAZY!! its all but quality if you ask me. anyway, answer to your question: its a bad product and have to be lucky to get it to work and keep it a bit cool. maybe BLISZZ will come and make some nice piece of custom software for it.

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
1.21 GIGA WATTS
February 07, 2018, 07:21:29 AM
Hi has anyone noticed any transactions/payouts from Siamining pool missing in the Siacoin wallet?

I've had one payout 3 days ago not show up in my Sia wallet and again another one few hours ago not showing up in my Sia wallet. See circled transactions in image below.

All-Time Paid Out: 34,695.83 SC from Siamining, but confirmed balance in wallet is: 32098.87 SC, so i'm missing 2596.96 SC

If anyone's experienced this please let me know what you've done to recover the missing payout.

BTW, I'm using Sia-UI version 1.3.1 wallet.

Very common problem with the 1.3.1 UI Wallet, I've talked with other pool ops and their users have the same issues. See here for how to fix it https://siawiki.tech/wallet/lost_transactions_troubleshooter

You can always verify the pool has issued the payout by checking the TXID and looking at in the explorer.

Thanks xurious for the quick reply. I'll give lost_transactions_troubleshooter a try,
but like Tekno2020 (thanks for your tip) mentions at a later date after I've transferred existing Siacoins out of the wallet.
Activity: 262
Merit: 11
<<<-----( )----->>>
February 06, 2018, 12:38:51 PM
Hi has anyone noticed any transactions/payouts from Siamining pool missing in the Siacoin wallet?

I've had one payout 3 days ago not show up in my Sia wallet and again another one few hours ago not showing up in my Sia wallet. See circled transactions in image below.

All-Time Paid Out: 34,695.83 SC from Siamining, but confirmed balance in wallet is: 32098.87 SC, so i'm missing 2596.96 SC

If anyone's experienced this please let me know what you've done to recover the missing payout.

Very common problem with the 1.3.1 UI Wallet, I've talked with other pool ops and their users have the same issues. See here for how to fix it https://siawiki.tech/wallet/lost_transactions_troubleshooter

You can always verify the pool has issued the payout by checking the TXID and looking at in the explorer.

Yes, I use the same wallet am also missing a payment from SIAmining from a few days ago. The payment is on the blockchain, so it is a wallet issue.  I located these same recovery instructions but have not tried it yet because it seemed sort of cumbersome/risky.  At some point in the future, I will probably empty the wallet before attempting recovering the payment, since it looks like you have to completely delete and 're-seed' your wallet.
Activity: 413
Merit: 250
February 06, 2018, 09:50:16 AM

Activity: 47
February 06, 2018, 08:48:17 AM
Difficulty starting to rise?  Or increasing hash power?  See that I am getting fewer coins since yesterday....

No missing payments on my side....
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
1.21 GIGA WATTS
February 06, 2018, 08:07:18 AM

Activity: 17
February 06, 2018, 07:28:51 AM
Hi community,
I have an Antimner a3 and one of the boards is not working. Tried changing power, moving back and forth but always the one in the middle (board 2) do not work. Tried booting the Antimner only with it connected also did not work.
Sometimes the board will not show at all, sometimes (when I lower to 550 )will show with few Asics but all XXXX XXXXXXXX.
Tried factory reset few times, tried power off/on, restart .... none of it changed anything.

Any ideas if there is any chance I can fix this other then sending back to Bitmain?

p.s. if anyone manages to help me to solve this will permanently mine for you for a day.
I just kept it at 525 for a while and after 20 or so resets (which it does by itself!) it started hashing again. Then kept changing frequencies until it hashed at 600 again. Good now for a day.

Same middle hash board with the lowest number of HW errors and running coolest of 3.

Tried that but didn't work, tried even lowering down to 400ish but still same situation. Actually for these settings the board is disappearing if I move it back to 550 it shows up again and it shows 47 ASICs existing but is not hashing at all.

Had same issue. Tried everything! Different PSU, swiched cables, I/O board, factory reset, reflash, frequency changes, nothing helps. There is a lot of us that received A3 machines with one or even two dead or semi-dead hash boards. There is nothing you can do. First determine which board exactly is dead, open up the back of the miner and take it out (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycDbpWVHQEs). Then open a support and repair ticket with Bitmain and hope for the best.  Roll Eyes

PM me if you need more help with the hashing boards. I can also send you the original FW for reflashing the miner. There were reports that some guys managed to solve the issues with that. I had no luck...
Activity: 17
February 06, 2018, 07:17:41 AM
Anyone has received a new firmware from bitmain?

I have it. PM me if you need it!
Activity: 11
February 05, 2018, 09:56:24 PM
Anyone has received a new firmware from bitmain?
Activity: 122
Merit: 10
February 05, 2018, 08:13:27 PM
Did you guys notice that there was a sudden hash rate spike starting at roughly 5PM EST day?
The hash rate suddenly increased to 12078 at the moment of writing.
I guess Bitmain is "testing" another round of Batch 2 A3.
Activity: 20
February 05, 2018, 04:44:57 PM
Hi community,

I just kept it at 525 for a while and after 20 or so resets (which it does by itself!) it started hashing again. Then kept changing frequencies until it hashed at 600 again. Good now for a day.

Same middle hash board with the lowest number of HW errors and running coolest of 3.

Tried that but didn't work, tried even lowering down to 400ish but still same situation. Actually for these settings the board is disappearing if I move it back to 550 it shows up again and it shows 47 ASICs existing but is not hashing at all.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
February 05, 2018, 03:13:03 PM
Hi community,

Activity: 150
Merit: 100
February 05, 2018, 03:11:44 PM

Mousehouse...check out the bottom graph here

https://siastats.info/mining_pools.html

I got the same huge number of errors last night, it correlates
with the pool and whole systems hashrate falling off a cliff

This has happened to me a couple of times now and also
seems to be at the same time as the other dips in network hashrates

Last night was by far the worse, since this event my miner has run
again perfectly for around 8 hours, with few errors

I have always had my miner running at 400 to 500 since new,

Neo-geo, did you get this issue last night or were you somehow immune

cheers

Sorry for repost, but we have so many A3 threads (hey mods! unify threads! Smiley )

For those interested in A3s (all of them) dropping hashrate at the same time, in all pools, there is a channel discussing that in the unofficial sia discord (https://discord.gg/EVn3HPK). So far the theory is that is caused by some blocks, probably a bug in the A3s. The issue lasts until a block is found and they go back to normal. Boards restart when mining these problematic blocks and fans stay at 100% after that... Very weird.

Very plausible indeed. I can see this in my own hash graph at SiaMining as well. I managed to restart the hashboard that stopped working altogether, but strangeness all around.
Activity: 20
February 05, 2018, 02:36:03 PM
Hi community,

Activity: 145
February 05, 2018, 12:47:59 PM
Please be careful when buying from Bitmain company.
The customer support is really bad, if you need something and the current service provider doesn't help you, open other tickets and send your question multiple times...

name of the game when a single company has a monopoly on the ASIC business. Buy their hardware and hope the chip gods give you a good machine that doesn't have issues.

Otherwise you'll be at the mercy of the bitmain RMA process - effectively doubling or tripling you ROI time on the machine.
Activity: 182
February 05, 2018, 12:08:23 PM
Please be careful when buying from Bitmain company.
The customer support is really bad, if you need something and the current service provider doesn't help you, open other tickets and send your question multiple times...
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
February 05, 2018, 11:37:08 AM
Is the best tactic, for those of us who only have 1-2 A3 miners, to mine up until mid March and then sell the A3 locally before the second batch comes out? Take your profits and then wait for bitmain to release another miner for a new coin and go with that. basically just buy the first batch, sell, wait, buy new miner of a different coin and continue like this for the next few years. To me it seems like the quickest and easiest way to make good profits

That's what I am planning.  But I will get two instead of one of whatever new miner they come out with. And I will use Fedex.  UPS cost twice as much plus $72 fee and they were the last delivered.  F!!! UPS.

Haha yep, this was the first time ordering from Bitmain and I learned a valuable lesson about using UPS.
Activity: 262
<<<-----( )----->>>
February 05, 2018, 11:28:44 AM
Does anyone know where or how to trade/sell Siacoin?

I cannot find any exchanges that accept Siacoin deposits

hitbtc
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
February 05, 2018, 10:42:22 AM
Siacoin (SC) is on Exodus's roadmap shortlist, and Exodus uses Shapeshift built-in exchange.
http://support.exodus.io/article/96-exodus-wallet-roadmap

And you can see where Siacoin (SC) is actively traded right meow:
https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/sc/markets/BTC

thanks Neo-Geo

There a few where you can trade (buy/sell) Siacoin within the exchange, but for deposit of Siacoin most don't have the option yet.
Bittrex
Pages:
Jump to: