Pages:
Author

Topic: [NEW] Bitmain Announces Antminer A3 - page 15. (Read 22419 times)

Activity: 65
Merit: 2
February 02, 2018, 08:51:28 PM
Ugh..I'm not sure what to do.

My A3 Is still only pushing out of one board.

The first two boards are totally fine but for the last week now board #3 has not been doing anything. I've tried resetting to factory numerous times, obviously restarting and cooling and nothing. Is there anyone that has any advice? It's killing me :/ I've tried a diff power supply too.

https://ibb.co/nngmdm

hat tip to anyone who can help! Thank you.
Activity: 386
Merit: 18
February 02, 2018, 05:38:33 PM
Is the best tactic, for those of us who only have 1-2 A3 miners, to mine up until mid March and then sell the A3 locally before the second batch comes out? Take your profits and then wait for bitmain to release another miner for a new coin and go with that. basically just buy the first batch, sell, wait, buy new miner of a different coin and continue like this for the next few years. To me it seems like the quickest and easiest way to make good profits

i think so,  with the current cryptoprices the a3 is making  almost 50 dollars a day..just imagine when the market recovers until march. and diff is also getting lower. so more coins. if its making 100 dollars/day at beginning of march im pretty sure there are stupid buyers who pay 5-6k for it.

i will do it this way. Mine untill beginning of march ---> ebay
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
February 02, 2018, 05:07:39 PM
Has anyone used antpool with their A3? Did you get paid out? I have lots of confirmed shares but no coin payouts.
Activity: 17
February 02, 2018, 04:22:38 PM
Is the best tactic, for those of us who only have 1-2 A3 miners, to mine up until mid March and then sell the A3 locally before the second batch comes out? Take your profits and then wait for bitmain to release another miner for a new coin and go with that. basically just buy the first batch, sell, wait, buy new miner of a different coin and continue like this for the next few years. To me it seems like the quickest and easiest way to make good profits

That's what I am planning.  But I will get two instead of one of whatever new miner they come out with. And I will use Fedex.  UPS cost twice as much plus $72 fee and they were the last delivered.  F!!! UPS.
Activity: 8
February 02, 2018, 03:40:09 PM
Activity: 262
Merit: 11
<<<-----( )----->>>
February 02, 2018, 02:03:32 PM
Surprisingly the Difficulty went down from almost 12M , down to 7.9M

Earnings are up from 1.17 SC/day per Gh , to 1.70 SC/day per Gh.
(unfortunately SC Value got crashed along with all other cryptos and is now only like 0.025 , own from 0.4 just a few days ago.

I think its all the dual miners exiting

It's a bugfix in the sia network implemented to fix block times, it's was announced quite a long time. Difficulty is still expected to drop quite a bit,
Which is why Bitmain just opened ANOTHER batch of the bastards and offered a 3 x more per person limit of purchase.

The total hashrate continues to go up which leads me to believe that Bitmain is manufacturing and mining their own stock of batch 2,3 miners.  If total hash rate goes
above 9000Ths,,,, it is pretty certain that Bitmain is producing and mining the hell out of batch 2 already.  There is no way that batch 1 A3s are still coming online at this rate.

https://siamining.com/stats

I'm sure there are batch 1 A3s coming online still.  That said, its not a secret that Bitmain uses the miners before they sell them, so I don't see what the big deal is.  If you are this worried now, what will you be saying when Obelisk releases 2 batches this summer?  Its mining, the hashrate of successful coins will always be growing.

First, Key words:  "at this rate".... of course there are still a 'few' stragglers still plugging into the network,,,, but that would not cause hashrate to grow at this rate.
Second, who said anything about worry jonesey?  Just raising this as a possible reason for the hash rate growth. Mine on.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
February 02, 2018, 02:03:18 PM

Yep...as of 9:49pm CST midwest usa....they still have T9's and the A3's at $980 left (march orders)

I'm passing

did they ever do the $800 buck obelisk coupon thing or was that just not true?

curious...I swap'd my 5 800 buck obelisk coupons to a 'long shot bet' by a buddy on them ..he will get 5 ...1 will go to me for free for the coupons and I think I also get

another $250 buck coupon for future purchases....(does that mean I've already ROI'd) these are Decred machines by obelisk likely July 2018 soonest if not later...by the by..

so he will pay 1k each for his 4 of my 5 coupons...he is big enough it won't matter much ...and he is betting on the fact bitmain will play games and decred may not come to pass

(possible) he is big enough however ..that 4 units for him would be equiv of 1 A3 bitmain bet for me now...but I told him not playing this game (learned from D3's)...just not gonna

do it ...I will however toss my unused (and likely never IMHO to be used) 800 buck coupons his way....on that same batch I still have 1 $400 buck coupon and 4 $250 coupons

prev to this $800 coupon offer...so wtf....(yeah, this could not go badly..sia-tech is now on what 3rd batch of vaporware)....anyway doorstop/vaporware etc it is a free

decred ASIC doorstop at worst ..no risk for me. (unless likely on thurs bitmain announces they will take 800 buck coupons....wait for it)

what do folk think? are we missing the boat on getting this A3 at this $980 price...or is it as I fear.....the antminer D3 not to ROI ( I have ROI'd on my D3's only

if I count my 300mh Baikal from may 2017 that has made 4k worth of dash.thus lost roi on the D3..but if I say to everyone I broke even on X11 miners....less angst)

so with above ..I can KINDA say I roi'd on x11 (with the Baikal cube cheat above) just don't want to go thru all that again with dubious A3 (already have 5 dubious

obelisk siacon miners coming, June 2018 at the earlest..yech!!)

I suppose now you all will tell me the 800 buck coupons will be or could be used with the current A3's that would pretty much round out my week as it has gone so far

anyway......how it stands on dubious equip...so far....TRYING to resist.....

so what do you think is next for Bitmain and its evil empire?

An ASIC miner for Etherium perhaps?

Bitmain: We do evil first, if evil needs doing...be prompt! (tm bitmain)

Are you saying your buddy paid you $1000 each for coupons that don't official exist?!

he is a big miner and can afford to take this equip risk above....so,  I gave him $800 coupons (5 of them) equivalent to a $4,000 savings on these units total.

I get 1 decred miner free, He gets the other 4 miners at 1,000 each rather than $800 each and he gets 4 and I get 1 coupon and $800 bucks  equivelent for that 1 miner.

Again, it is a gamble, he is big enough, that if it all goes tulips....it will not effect him much, my risk is that sia-tech forks siacon (SC)  because of bitmain and I will have lost

the option of using these in the future for equipment....his risk is that bitmain will make a decred miner and/or as you say....the stuff never shows up Sad

as of now, imho, as a gamble, he is in pretty good shape (again, high risk gamble indeed..but looks better than a few days ago on his purchase plan)

He got these when BTC was over 10k, so that was good, they have raised prices significantly on the 3rd batch, he got to use my coupons

The other thing I would point out on HOW at a certain size, you are sometimes willing to take such gambles (mine was april 2017 at $6 LTC and getting 20k of bitmain

stuff, and annoucing on April fools day 4/1/17 that $6 was the LTC floor..sometimes you just get lucky on such gambles..I needed like him the equip deduction and

looked at a 12-14 month ROI and threw the dice)

You get to a certain size...and look at 50% to the IRS/w/state taxes ..it more or less comes out to....and you look at the further in 1 year compressed equipment deductions at

25% in real $$$ you can apply to taxes you KNOW you are gonna pay, anyway this year, and after your 'dubious' equipment purchases, are faced with a 25% risk above what you'd pay the

IRS anyway, when it all pans out. (assuming the equipment is not vaporware)

(BTC and crypto crash or not) and your 'speculative risk-taking' goes up proportionally.

I am not 'big' enough for a risk such as this, I am willing, however, to dump $4k of coupons for 1 decred miner, however.

there are different hedges if you are in the above tax and equip depreciation situation above...why large miners seem crazy!

1) you can get a crapload of equip NOW of many ASIC flavors, as they are available and BET on a price pump, back up to the 10-12k range this year and have equipment

in hand, you likely would never be able to get, if/when the price does go back (as you hope) to that level.

2) you can hedge that price is gonna go down and sideways, and you being big enough will be the last man standing and mine and hold, while smaller farms have to die

or at least NOT expand.....and play the long term difficulty game to your advantage, as it goes sideways, (maybe)

3) you can hedge on equipment now, because you think BTC is gonna dump (do it at above 10K BTC vs now) and use crypto  you mined this year (or month) at a 'capital loss' or at

least EVEN...thus use newly minted coin..mined this year and no 40% capital gains dumping such for less than a year and a day....being revenue 'Neutral' by Feb 1st 2018 is attractive.

4) You can also run with this bet that prices of crypto will rebound when tether/fud/etc is resolved one way or another, and play getting a lot of USED equipment CHEAP,  on the

same bet of crypto price recovering. I did not buy any new equipment between Nov 2014 till Bitmain units April 1st 2017....it was all used or knc liquidation or eBay...have 10x

the equipment on my farm, all on the above units before the mentioned April 1st 2017 Bitmain bet of units to boot.....

Another hedge example, using paranoia, of me doing something like he is doing, with many flavors or ASIC'S, I did last month

I myself with equipment purchases and being paranoid in Dec 2017, paid ALL MY MINERS data hall Elec/misl monthly bills until June 1st 2018...which when it was like $193 LTC or so ....as a

hedge, which means, with that hedge, I can run the KNC Titans a heck of a lot longer now....so come what may...I could be mining AIR, but they will last at least that long!

stuff like that...but yeah, I tried to talk him out of it....I don't need 1 decred miner that bad...but I damn sure hope he is correct and this Tether thing gets resolved

and by resolved I mean ...pull the band-aid off and get the facts SOON, if tether was what pumped crypto prices up..fine..get it resolved on what happened...move on!

.but his bet is once that tether clears up, it will be back to the races again for crypto prices and he will have enough equipment to keep the tax man away

and play and mine another year.

Again, high risk, but I damn sure hope he is correct!

Thus again, you get a certain size and a lot of stuff comes into play, in the form of 'what the hell: buy' Smiley

fun time this crypto hobby..always drama

brad

Activity: 176
Merit: 10
February 02, 2018, 01:50:00 PM
Bitmain is "cleaning house" in preparation for something. For cripes sake, they even put those old T9's on the market and called it a T9+!! Even though the original T9 was 11.5th and the T9+ is 10.5! LMAO. I believe they are clearing inventory in preparation for 10nm releases that are imminent. I would be very cautious of buying any Bitmain mining products these days. You can't throw a dead cat in the computer hardware forum, without hitting a pile of overpriced ASIC miners from Bitmain.
But you can have a live cat in a mining rig
https://www.facebook.com/CryptoMinerUK/photos/pcb.218768225338009/218767425338089/?type=3&theater
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
February 02, 2018, 01:46:49 PM
Bitmain is "cleaning house" in preparation for something. For cripes sake, they even put those old T9's on the market and called it a T9+!! Even though the original T9 was 11.5th and the T9+ is 10.5! LMAO. I believe they are clearing inventory in preparation for 10nm releases that are imminent. I would be very cautious of buying any Bitmain mining products these days. You can't throw a dead cat in the computer hardware forum, without hitting a pile of overpriced ASIC miners from Bitmain.
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
February 02, 2018, 01:38:15 PM

(unfortunately SC Value got crashed along with all other cryptos and is now only like 0.025 , own from 0.4 just a few days ago.

It's a bugfix in the sia network implemented to fix block times, it's was announced quite a long time. Difficulty is still expected to drop quite a bit,
Which is why Bitmain just opened ANOTHER batch of the bastards and offered a 3 x more per person limit of purchase.

The total hashrate continues to go up which leads me to believe that Bitmain is manufacturing and mining their own stock of batch 2,3 miners.  If total hash rate goes
above 9000Ths,,,, it is pretty certain that Bitmain is producing and mining the hell out of batch 2 already.  There is no way that batch 1 A3s are still coming online at this rate.

I'm sure there are batch 1 A3s coming online still.  That said, its not a secret that Bitmain uses the miners before they sell them, so I don't see what the big deal is.  If you are this worried now, what will you be saying when Obelisk releases 2 batches this summer?  Its mining, the hashrate of successful coins will always be growing.
Activity: 262
Merit: 11
<<<-----( )----->>>
February 02, 2018, 12:52:57 PM

Activity: 420
Merit: 110
February 02, 2018, 09:52:24 AM

Activity: 22
Merit: 2
February 02, 2018, 05:59:39 AM

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
February 02, 2018, 05:37:58 AM

February 02, 2018, 12:52:49 AM

Yep...as of 9:49pm CST midwest usa....they still have T9's and the A3's at $980 left (march orders)

I'm passing

did they ever do the $800 buck obelisk coupon thing or was that just not true?

curious...I swap'd my 5 800 buck obelisk coupons to a 'long shot bet' by a buddy on them ..he will get 5 ...1 will go to me for free for the coupons and I think I also get

another $250 buck coupon for future purchases....(does that mean I've already ROI'd) these are Decred machines by obelisk likely July 2018 soonest if not later...by the by..

so he will pay 1k each for his 4 of my 5 coupons...he is big enough it won't matter much ...and he is betting on the fact bitmain will play games and decred may not come to pass

(possible) he is big enough however ..that 4 units for him would be equiv of 1 A3 bitmain bet for me now...but I told him not playing this game (learned from D3's)...just not gonna

do it ...I will however toss my unused (and likely never IMHO to be used) 800 buck coupons his way....on that same batch I still have 1 $400 buck coupon and 4 $250 coupons

prev to this $800 coupon offer...so wtf....(yeah, this could not go badly..sia-tech is now on what 3rd batch of vaporware)....anyway doorstop/vaporware etc it is a free

decred ASIC doorstop at worst ..no risk for me. (unless likely on thurs bitmain announces they will take 800 buck coupons....wait for it)

what do folk think? are we missing the boat on getting this A3 at this $980 price...or is it as I fear.....the antminer D3 not to ROI ( I have ROI'd on my D3's only

if I count my 300mh Baikal from may 2017 that has made 4k worth of dash.thus lost roi on the D3..but if I say to everyone I broke even on X11 miners....less angst)

so with above ..I can KINDA say I roi'd on x11 (with the Baikal cube cheat above) just don't want to go thru all that again with dubious A3 (already have 5 dubious

obelisk siacon miners coming, June 2018 at the earlest..yech!!)

I suppose now you all will tell me the 800 buck coupons will be or could be used with the current A3's that would pretty much round out my week as it has gone so far

anyway......how it stands on dubious equip...so far....TRYING to resist.....

so what do you think is next for Bitmain and its evil empire?

An ASIC miner for Etherium perhaps?

Bitmain: We do evil first, if evil needs doing...be prompt! (tm bitmain)

Are you saying your buddy paid you $1000 each for coupons that don't official exist?!
February 02, 2018, 12:49:26 AM
yup, there should be a balance in pricing and production in order for everyone to be happy.

If there was a clarity, that only this many units will be sold, then buyers will have choice to calculate the ROI /profit and invest accordingly, not like you keep producing and pushing the miners and even worst reduce its price within 3weeks, clearly shows manufactures mentality.

Why would they release the number of units they are making?  Obelisk did this and look what happened.  Bitmain has to weigh production with the risk that competitors will come out.  Why would they limit the number they are producing when another company could start making these things and sell 50,000 of them?
Activity: 25
February 02, 2018, 12:31:54 AM
I would not buy the second batch of A3, seems like the same thing that happened to the D3s
Activity: 95
February 01, 2018, 11:39:47 PM
With the diff is increasing day by day, the profit is decreased up to 20% / month , and you will get few dollar / day
the difficulty is way down -it must be part of the '10 minute block' adjusting still... thats good

Yeah, I'm just hoping the price will recover. It's a crypto graveyard out there... Undecided
....and this is the time to buy. All crypto are now resting near their massive breakout ( read huge support) point of 6 months ago. I'm buying everything I can handle right now. Sia at .028, BTC at 8,550.00 all the way down to 7500 BCH, ETH etc etc. This is the opportunity of the year. Even if it's just a short covering rally, these assets are going to have a "rip your face off rally" in the near future. The lower they go the more I buy. I haven't held a single coin from my mining since BTC went over 14k. I could very easily see that all the stunned sheep like idiots were piling in. Time  to bleed little sheep. Their scattered all over the landscape. Maybe a few more to slaughter then the smart money will take their fire sale positions for a ride. Been waiting so long for this cleansing. It's the best thing to happen in Crypto in a LONG time.

What do you mean by long time? The slow bleed of alts because of BTCs uptrend to 20K put them all lower than what they are now in November/December..
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
February 01, 2018, 11:11:00 PM
With the diff is increasing day by day, the profit is decreased up to 20% / month , and you will get few dollar / day
the difficulty is way down -it must be part of the '10 minute block' adjusting still... thats good

Yeah, I'm just hoping the price will recover. It's a crypto graveyard out there... Undecided
....and this is the time to buy. All crypto are now resting near their massive breakout ( read huge support) point of 6 months ago. I'm buying everything I can handle right now. Sia at .028, BTC at 8,550.00 all the way down to 7500 BCH, ETH etc etc. This is the opportunity of the year. Even if it's just a short covering rally, these assets are going to have a "rip your face off rally" in the near future. The lower they go the more I buy. I haven't held a single coin from my mining since BTC went over 14k. I could very easily see that all the stunned sheep like idiots were piling in. Time  to bleed little sheep. Their scattered all over the landscape. Maybe a few more to slaughter then the smart money will take their fire sale positions for a ride. Been waiting so long for this cleansing. It's the best thing to happen in Crypto in a LONG time.

yup i get my weekly block of eth tomrow and Im selling it to to buy as much of the smaller cryptos i have can
Activity: 31
February 01, 2018, 10:11:28 PM
So good to see the hodl sick persons getting smashed in dirt. hodl in my home says you touch pig peenis. god punish you for hodl.
DO NOT POST SESC LINKS
Pages:
Jump to: