Pages:
Author

Topic: [NEW] Bitmain Announces Antminer A3 - page 2. (Read 22419 times)

Activity: 122
Merit: 10
July 22, 2018, 12:03:25 AM
dead?
shut my two down months ago, never buying another bitmain heater

I am still having my 4xA3 and 1x Innosilicon S11 running.
barely cover the cost atm.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
July 21, 2018, 04:53:41 PM
dead?
shut my two down months ago, never buying another bitmain heater
Activity: 96
Merit: 0
July 21, 2018, 03:45:48 PM
dead?
July 20, 2018, 03:34:33 PM
I guess most of people stopped mining SC with A3?
Activity: 96
June 19, 2018, 01:12:47 PM
When the electricity price of 0.1 dollar - operate at a loss.
Activity: 348
Merit: 119
June 10, 2018, 01:29:15 PM
is there any custom firmware for A3? like blitzz

Hi , blissz looks not active anymore here.

my best advice my friends , stop buy those antminers product , they are dumb  not optimised , no update , single algo , noisy , etc etc.

Activity: 262
Merit: 100
is there any custom firmware for A3? like blitzz
FNT
Activity: 75
Merit: 6
Hi guys,

I used the tool so lower power consumption and better power to hashrate ratio.
You can use it for free and save power...
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/a3d3-voltage-modification-file-for-antminer-a3-and-d3-free-4032178

Bye, FNT
Activity: 4
Guys, if i bought 100 Antminer A3 (each at power consumption of 1.3kW), meaning total at 130kW.
Does that mean the BTU is = 472BTU/hr?
Can help confirm this so that i can get the right cooling units?
Much thanks in advance.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
Yes, you are correct in your case. I have a slightly different situation.
I am overclocking the A3s, so each provides ~935GH, and the electricity rate is ultra low in my area (less than 4 Cents  in USD), and I am not selling at this price, instead I am hodling all the time. But I agree that 50 days of ROI might be an overly optimistic calculation , though.

Difficulty rises very quickly:  calculator now shows that you can earn $175 a month with today's difficulty, which is far more than 50 days...
Assuming an electrical cost of $0.04/kWh and power consumption of 1275W as listed by Bitmain on 220V with an APW3++, you're not even going to make $150/month now, and most people will make less than that with an electrical rate of $0.10/kWh (~$90 currently). There's just no way that you're going to break even in 50 days, even if you're not limited by electrical costs. It's simply not possible, and calculators do not factor in difficulty for the future which makes everything worse.
Activity: 1
thats not much..
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
I am overclocking the A3s, so each provides ~935GH, and the electricity rate is ultra low in my area (less than 4 Cents  in USD), and I am not selling at this price, instead I am hodling all the time. But I agree that 50 days of ROI might be an overly optimistic calculation , though.

Difficulty rises very quickly:  calculator now shows that you can earn $175 a month with today's difficulty, which is far more than 50 days...
I'm thinking of buying an Antminer A3. Do you think that it will continue to be profitable for a few months?.

I think as long as the price of SC holding at the current price, it would be still profitable and easy to ROI.
According to Siamining.com,  miners are paid about 0.55 SC/day per GH/s.
With the InnoSilicone S11/A3 bactch 3 and SC1 miners coming in the next a few weeks. I am expecting the rate decreased to 0.3-0.35 SC/day per GH/s
The expected ROI is about 50 days for an A3.

Thanks you very much!.

Although I guess it will depend on the electricity expense. In my case, very high, about 0.17 USD Kw/h.

Best regards.

Make sure to use the coupon when making purchase.
I used a $100 coupon but I think it allows to use a $200 coupon for A3.

Great!, thanks you!.

But, I believe that the ROI you have calculated is not right. For example, 0.35 SC/day per GH/s is about 285 SC x 0.028 USD = 7.98 USD per day. That is about 240 USD per month and you have to subtract the electricity, which can be about 150 USD per month (in my case). Then, there would be an approximate profit of about 100 USD per month. This gives about 5-6 months of ROI.

Best regards.

I am overclocking the A3s, so each provides ~935GH, and the electricity rate is ultra low in my area (less than 4 Cents  in USD), and I am not selling at this price, instead I am hodling all the time. But I agree that 50 days of ROI might be an overly optimistic calculation , though.

Activity: 82
I'm thinking of buying an Antminer A3. Do you think that it will continue to be profitable for a few months?.

I think as long as the price of SC holding at the current price, it would be still profitable and easy to ROI.
With the InnoSilicone S11/A3 bactch 3 and SC1 miners coming in the next a few weeks. I am expecting the rate decreased to 0.3-0.35 SC/day per GH/s

Thanks you very much!.

Although I guess it will depend on the electricity expense. In my case, very high, about 0.17 USD Kw/h.

Best regards.

Great!, thanks you!.

But, I believe that the ROI you have calculated is not right. For example, 0.35 SC/day per GH/s is about 285 SC x 0.028 USD = 7.98 USD per day. That is about 240 USD per month and you have to subtract the electricity, which can be about 150 USD per month (in my case). Then, there would be an approximate profit of about 100 USD per month. This gives about 5-6 months of ROI.

Best regards.

Thanks you very much!.

Best regards.

Thanks you very much!.

Best regards.

April 30, 2018, 10:30:53 AM
Activity: 10
April 30, 2018, 10:27:43 AM
According to siaming stats the difficulty rised more than the hashpower of the network.Strage behaviour.Maybe the siacoin dev team don't want to have much coins out there now that they rised in price.
April 30, 2018, 03:10:30 AM
Hi, do you know why this huge increase in difficulty and network hashrate?. I suppose it will be due to the arrival of the new Obelisk miners and the Halong Mining Dragon Mint. It is right?.

Regards.
Pages:
Jump to: