Pages:
Author

Topic: [NEW] Bitmain Announces Antminer A3 - page 50. (Read 22419 times)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
January 22, 2018, 05:23:29 AM
very shocked it came today, was supposed to arrive tomorrow. I am in Asia
where you at exactly? just curious, since i'm also in Asia lol
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
January 22, 2018, 05:10:50 AM
@elmejorrematador have you tried siamining.com's pool?

Ok, maybe I am an idiot, not sure what I need to input in the following fields for siamining.com

asia.siamining.com:3333

worker: walletAddress.workername

password: x

Lets see what happens

So can you use nanopool?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
January 22, 2018, 05:07:45 AM
Im recieving my order tomorrow, tracking was sent before weekend. Very excited right now for these miners. Im in asia.
Activity: 196
Merit: 4
January 22, 2018, 04:37:59 AM
What pools or rental places like nicehash will pay in BTC for running an A3 on their pools?
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
January 22, 2018, 04:28:50 AM

this is crazy some ppl have received miners while others not even got tracking numbers .. well grats to some of us
Activity: 106
January 22, 2018, 04:28:13 AM

Wow, I have to say, this is impressive. I was pessimistic about earnings. I know the difficulty will increase and profitibility will go down. BUt at this rate it really will be earning around $500 per day.

I just need a single straight week of that to be happy. After that, its all gravy Smiley
Activity: 134
Merit: 21
January 22, 2018, 04:23:40 AM
Activity: 140
Merit: 17
January 22, 2018, 04:20:56 AM

Wow, I have to say, this is impressive. I was pessimistic about earnings. I know the difficulty will increase and profitibility will go down. BUt at this rate it really will be earning around $500 per day.
Feeling envy here Sad
I had one in my cart but not crypto available to pay for it, had to let it go. Where are you located? You must be one of the first ones to set it up.
January 22, 2018, 04:15:46 AM

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
January 22, 2018, 04:13:44 AM

Nobody is mad, thank you for the advice.

Update:

Been hooked up for about 30 minutes or more. Having some issues it seems.

The worker seem to be connected to MPH, but the max hashrate is 54 GH/s, and I've only mined 2.872 SIA as of now. Still says Socket Connect Failed: connection refused, miner status was showing before (forgot to check the hashrate there), but now its blank again.

Seems to me like these are being blocked or the mining pools aren't ready for these machines (if thats even possible hahaha)

Anyone else got theirs hooked up?
its too fast, check with antpool or suprnova
January 22, 2018, 03:51:26 AM
HERE WE GO!!!!

siamining.com is working well. the problem i think was miningpool hub

THere is the option to overclock, going to monitor the miner for a little while longer then give the overclock a go. You can also control fan speed

Activity: 302
Merit: 102
Mining with noise and without noise is all possibl
January 22, 2018, 03:48:57 AM
Anyone have the A3 connected and success?

It seems like both the Nicehash and miningpoolhub not responding and the A3 just see Red light.
January 22, 2018, 03:42:42 AM

Ok, maybe I am an idiot, not sure what I need to input in the following fields for siamining.com

asia.siamining.com:3333

worker: walletAddress.workername

Lets see what happens
Activity: 87
Merit: 3
January 22, 2018, 03:24:56 AM
January 22, 2018, 03:24:10 AM
Green light was blinking for a little while, then red light, then both lights off.  Green light will come on and stay on for quite a while, then stay off for quite a while.

No idea what is normal for these miners, but compared to S9 and L3+ there would seem to be something not right. Still seems to be connected to MPH, but the amount of SIA in the wallet is not changing, only 2.827 still.

I think I am going to try to off and on the machine. Gonna give it a little while longer.
January 22, 2018, 03:22:57 AM

Update:

The worker seem to be connected to MPH, but the max hashrate is 54 GH/s, and I've only mined 2.872 SIA as of now. Still says Socket Connect Failed: connection refused, miner status was showing before (forgot to check the hashrate there), but now its blank again.

Seems to me like these are being blocked or the mining pools aren't ready for these machines (if thats even possible hahaha)

Maybe it's rebooting itself? Check kernel log.
January 22, 2018, 03:17:39 AM

Update:

Activity: 9
January 22, 2018, 02:54:57 AM
Just received my A3, hooked it up and doesn't seem to be connecting. Tried to go to Antpool, but there is no longer a Siacoin Pool to choose from the dropdown list. Are these A3 miners being blocked?

Tried with miningpoolhub, but nothing seems to be happening.

The hardware version says "Socket connect failed: Connection refused"

Looked into some other pools, but not really sure how you would go about hooking up an ASIC to those. Would I just put it like this:

URL:  sia-asia1.nanopool.org:7777
worker: my sia wallet address?Huh

Any insight would be appreciated.

congrats bro, hope you can try few mining pool and let us know the result. My A3 is on the way too. tq
January 22, 2018, 02:50:02 AM
Just received my A3, hooked it up and doesn't seem to be connecting. Tried to go to Antpool, but there is no longer a Siacoin Pool to choose from the dropdown list. Are these A3 miners being blocked?

Tried with miningpoolhub, but nothing seems to be happening.

The hardware version says "Socket connect failed: Connection refused"

Looked into some other pools, but not really sure how you would go about hooking up an ASIC to those. Would I just put it like this:

URL:  sia-asia1.nanopool.org:7777
worker: my sia wallet address?Huh

Any insight would be appreciated.
Make sure you let it boot entirely. What you see in hardware version is usually because it hasn't yet booted up entirely. In my opinion nanopool is a nice pool. If you don't know what a cryptocurrency wallet address is you have some catch up to do Smiley

Brother, I'm not an idiot, pretty sure nobody has hooked an asic miner for Sia up to Nanopool. They only offer dual mining from what I've seen, so you have to do ethereum first and Sia 2nd for the set up option they have. I've only used Nanopool for ethereum, so not sure.

Anyway, i let it run with Miningpoolhub and its starting to go...slowly. The lights on the A3 were not lit, then the red would come on, then off, then the green would come on, but it would not blink like the S9 and L3+ to show its working. Will give updates

You ask for help and then when I try you get angry? Dual mining has nothing to do with it. You can point the Sia part of your dual miner to nanopool and ethereum somewhere else. Worker as your wallet address should be OK, I thought you didn't know what that was. Nobody said you are an idiot, there is no way of knowing your level of knowledge.
Activity: 95
January 22, 2018, 02:46:45 AM
Wow. You are going to make a killing in the first couple of days. Congrats.
Pages:
Jump to: