Pages:
Author

Topic: [NEW] Bitmain Announces Antminer A3 - page 46. (Read 22419 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
January 23, 2018, 12:28:10 AM
Recieved half of my order today.. no tracking for the remaining units from the order yet. Asia here

Hi Chan8,

My DHL Status is still Shipment Information Received as of Saturday, January 20, 2018 at 01:17.
I am in Singapore. Just wanted to compare it with your shipment.

As you can see I am quite anxious.

Thanks.
Activity: 2
January 23, 2018, 12:23:56 AM
Hello Guys,

I have ordered 2, both still in Shenzhen lol. you guessed it right, UPS it is. With regards to the mining pool, Could you guys please share the list of mining pools for sia and which is the best.

I already one S9 and one L3+, both put together is not making more than 30$ a day Sad. I hope A3 can easily surpass 30$ in couple of hours. cant wait to get my hands on it.

Btw, will it run on a 110V ?. As per bitmain, it is 1275W, which is slightly more than the 1200W APW3++. any comments.
Hi! Sia Discord moderator here Smiley
We recommend Luxor.tech or SiaMining.com as they are both run by members of the community!
However, I strongly support Luxor over SM as currently SM has over 50% of the network hashrate and we want to avoid that.
Here's a full list of all pools (https://siastats.info/mining_pools.html), please refrain from using pools that submit empty blocks (like F2Pool) since they damage the project and are what we're trying to avoid in general.
Also I'm pretty sure AntPool is broken and even if they could get it working, we're pretty sure they'll be submitting empty blocks too.
Activity: 29
January 23, 2018, 12:16:36 AM
Hello Guys,

I have ordered 2, both still in Shenzhen lol. you guessed it right, UPS it is. With regards to the mining pool, Could you guys please share the list of mining pools for sia and which is the best.

I already one S9 and one L3+, both put together is not making more than 30$ a day Sad. I hope A3 can easily surpass 30$ in couple of hours. cant wait to get my hands on it.

Btw, will it run on a 110V ?. As per bitmain, it is 1275W, which is slightly more than the 1200W APW3++. any comments.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
January 23, 2018, 12:13:45 AM
Recieved half of my order today.. no tracking for the remaining units from the order yet. Asia here
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
1.21 GIGA WATTS
January 22, 2018, 11:13:05 PM
Hi,

I've just received my UPS tracking number for one A3.
and same for friend who's ordered one A3
Both shipping to Australia

Seems to be label created but not picked up by UPS yet.

Email?

yes, email with tracking number, but checking the tracking on UPS web site says message below
A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

BTW, ordered on 17th Jan
Activity: 31
January 22, 2018, 11:10:08 PM
Hi,

Email?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
1.21 GIGA WATTS
January 22, 2018, 11:04:07 PM
Hi,

Activity: 2
January 22, 2018, 10:55:11 PM
I understand where you are coming from having been lurking on Reddit for the past few days.....don't agree with all the opinions but that's not why I'm posting here.

I've looked at several of the pools like Luxor and can't always find the nice summary of the three entries customary on the Antminer's configuration page.  (see NiceHash for the customer-friendly approach)

Why don't you put together a summary of the configurations for the pools which would make the SC community happy, thereby making it easy for A3 owners to participate in a manner less likely to prompt a soft fork?

Just a thought..........
Hi! I'm a moderator from the SiaCoin discord group and I'd like to welcome you to the community! If there's anything you'd like to know about the project, please feel free to ask or join the discord group https://discord.gg/sia

We haven't had very many people in the discord community yet come forward saying they own an A3 and we're looking for users who can help provide us screenshots of the UI and configuration details so we can write a detailed guide on helping new users set up miners. If you could help us, we'd greatly appreciate it! Right now, we aren't really able to put together a summary as none of us have received a unit. I see a few users here have and if any of you wouldn't mine messaging me here, or on discord (Kinomora#5308), it would really help!
If good will is out the window, I've heard LuxorNick might have a bounty out of for people who can provide him screenshots if that interests any of you. (I will direct Nick to any users who can provide me screenshots for him)
Activity: 58
January 22, 2018, 10:25:23 PM
hate bitmain... they shipping international first and leaving chinese customers for last Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
My troll-o-meter went out of scale Smiley In any case, pool operators have reported that all A3s so far are connecting from Asia. I don't know specific countries though.
those are mostly resellers - giving later days for dispatch and mining in meanwhile...  Cry Cry Cry
Activity: 23
January 22, 2018, 09:53:30 PM
Me and my brother both got dhl tracking as well , it says dhl had it since sat, still in hong kong

Hey Marvel, I'm in the same boat as you. DHL and in Hong Kong since Sat. Out of curiosity where are you located?

I bet they ship groups based on region. I'm in the southeast United States
Activity: 31
January 22, 2018, 09:14:11 PM
What has me a little concerned is that there was a notice from BM that they are out of the office until 26th January. Something about an offsite company mtg.   If that also includes the shipping folks, then this might be a long wait.

Chinese new years vacation starts in 2 weeks tops.
Activity: 140
Merit: 17
January 22, 2018, 08:53:18 PM
hate bitmain... they shipping international first and leaving chinese customers for last Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
My troll-o-meter went out of scale Smiley In any case, pool operators have reported that all A3s so far are connecting from Asia. I don't know specific countries though.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
January 22, 2018, 08:29:23 PM
What has me a little concerned is that there was a notice from BM that they are out of the office until 26th January. Something about an offsite company mtg.   If that also includes the shipping folks, then this might be a long wait.

Nothing to worry about that, this event is the reason
www.twitter.com/bitentrepreneur/status/954636881420939264

re-tweeted here www.twitter.com/BITMAINtech

I don't think logistics guys are participating the event.
Activity: 262
Merit: 11
<<<-----( )----->>>
January 22, 2018, 08:14:33 PM
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
January 22, 2018, 07:58:21 PM
Me and my brother both got dhl tracking as well , it says dhl had it since sat, still in hong kong
Activity: 336
Merit: 258
January 22, 2018, 07:24:33 PM
As there is no firmware available yet from bitmain I ask it over here:
If one that received an A3 already can make a copy of the filesystem (tar gz it and SCP) and can upload it to mega and share the link (PM me) I would be really thankful and give a 0.5 LTC or 0.1 DASH reward to the first one sharing this.

I can give it a shot, when I receive my unit from Fedex in Thursday (most likely).  Smiley
I hope to have the firmware earlier then that, but I will let it know in this topic. Thanks  Cool

How do you extract it? I have mine up and running.

You need to have some linux knowledge: login with ssh as root/admin to your miner:

This guide helps you to make a copy:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BackupYourSystem/TAR

later you need to scp the tar / gz file to your windows pc. winscp can do that for example.
Don't worry to mess something up on your miner as the filesystem is loaded in RAM. So a reboot and you're back to the original state...
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
January 22, 2018, 07:01:00 PM
If one that received an A3 already can make a copy of the filesystem (tar gz it and SCP) and can upload it to mega and share the link (PM me) I would be really thankful and give a 0.5 LTC or 0.1 DASH reward to the first one sharing this.

I can give it a shot, when I receive my unit from Fedex in Thursday (most likely).  Smiley

I hope to have the firmware earlier then that, but I will let it know in this topic. Thanks  Cool

How do you extract it? I have mine up and running.
January 22, 2018, 06:57:55 PM

I can give it a shot, when I receive my unit from Fedex in Thursday (most likely).  Smiley

I hope to have the firmware earlier then that, but I will let it know in this topic. Thanks  Cool
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
January 22, 2018, 06:53:07 PM

January 22, 2018, 06:38:55 PM
Pages:
Jump to: