Pages:
Author

Topic: [NEW] Bitmain Announces Antminer A3 - page 48. (Read 22419 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
January 22, 2018, 02:47:20 PM
They were supposed to sell only 1 (one) A3 to an individual to keep these decentralized.
How do you know they didn't sell about 15000 to 15000 people?

Obviously there's no way we will EVER know, right?  Huh Just based on what they did with their D3 sales I find it very difficult to believe anything that Bitmain states anymore.   Wink Wink Wink  

What would be the way to get multiple of these, if you knew they were only going to sell one (1) unit to each person, would be to create 10 or 20 accounts using family and friends.  Obviously you would need to know this a day or two in advance to prepare.  Hmmmm, how is that possible?  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
January 22, 2018, 02:45:19 PM
In the USA and no tracking info with UPS, ordered on the 18th.  Bummer.
     2018-01-17 15:02:03 This is 2 minutes and 3 seconds into the release. Paid immediately. Nothing.  Pretty fucking shitty really. So much for "first paid first shipped" huh Bitchmain??
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
January 22, 2018, 02:38:49 PM
I have one coming tomorrow and one on thursday by FedEx. Thanks to the guys getting early and reporting in. Probably take a week for the price to settle in then it should be good till next batch is released.

The obelisk promised 250k tokens for all miners in first six weeks with 4k max miners released
January 22, 2018, 02:37:14 PM
Guys, full disclosure. The Saiacoin network was 650 TH without any ASIC. Each A3 is almost a full Th. I think regardless of units sold, the end result should be obvious. My most lofty goal was to hopefully pay for the unit in a reasonable time and hoard SC because I think it has a chance to flourish. The damn thing is only 4.5 cents or somewhere near that. This should never have been a "mining profitability" play in anyone's mind.
Activity: 2
January 22, 2018, 02:33:22 PM
Hey guys, welcome to the sia community!

We recommend staying away from antpool or f2pool, and going with some existing community-run pools:

luxor.tech (small, gives some cash to our sia dev team)
siamining.com (larger, biggest pool)

there is a complete list here:

https://siastats.info/pools_list.html

We really want to avoid bitcoin's governance problems, so please pick small pools and help us stay decentralized!

I understand where you are coming from having been lurking on Reddit for the past few days.....don't agree with all the opinions but that's not why I'm posting here.

I've looked at several of the pools like Luxor and can't always find the nice summary of the three entries customary on the Antminer's configuration page.  (see NiceHash for the customer-friendly approach)

Why don't you put together a summary of the configurations for the pools which would make the SC community happy, thereby making it easy for A3 owners to participate in a manner less likely to prompt a soft fork?

Just a thought..........
Activity: 5
January 22, 2018, 02:00:27 PM
In the USA and no tracking info with UPS, ordered on the 18th.  Bummer.
Activity: 182
January 22, 2018, 01:37:03 PM
They were supposed to sell only 1 (one) A3 to an individual to keep these decentralized.
How do you know they didn't sell about 15000 to 15000 people?
Activity: 14
January 22, 2018, 01:28:53 PM
SC network hash rate increased by 30% since yesterday. Asian address start receiving and powering on A3...

https://siamining.com/stats

Looks like A3's are hitting the farms..

Take a look at some of the top miners (only mining for a couple of hours), only 1 antminer per person  Huh Huh Huh

My thoughts exactly.  If this turns into a dog then it will be my last dance with any Bitmain products.  First they release the D3 X11 which turned out to be a complete piece of ****.  If this A3 goes the same direction it will be my last Bitmain purchase!  Knowing their history I started regretting even getting one (1) A3 the next day. 

Anyway I just don't trust this company anymore after the D3 fiasco they created by saturating the market. They were supposed to sell only 1 (one) A3 to an individual to keep these decentralized.  Pretty obvious this may not have been the case!  Hopefully Bitmain reads these blogs and realize they are losing their fan base and instead creating a strong following they are instead creating anti-Bitmain proponents!  Anyway enough said, the proof will be in the pudding when this hits my door and mines for a few weeks. 
Activity: 27
January 22, 2018, 01:06:10 PM
Received our first A3 today. Working on a YouTube review now  Grin

All waiting your video guy Smiley Smiley Smiley Thanks for your work
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1400
January 22, 2018, 12:58:41 PM
Looks like all the lucky guys that just plugged them in will be earning ~20 bucks an hour for the next few hours lol
Activity: 384
Merit: 256
January 22, 2018, 12:57:47 PM
Received our first A3 today. Working on a YouTube review now  Grin
January 22, 2018, 12:55:37 PM
What you think about SIACOIN Price evolution when all the A3 will reach the farm ?

-50%

Sia is a complete shitcoin.
Please explain the reasoning here. Why?
The lead developer is very temperamental and emotional. In a meritocratic field such as Crypto I personally don't feel safe putting my money on the line with someone like him leading the project.
Does seem like it. I've seen his Reddit posts. Frankly at 4.5 cents, I'm willing to gamble on the shear potential magnitude of the protocol and project. Mark Zuckerberg's a complete idiot and tool, yet here we are. FB in the rafters.
Activity: 81
January 22, 2018, 12:47:40 PM
bought and paid within one hour of the post with USA / UPS. No tracking/shipping at all....

Huh Huh Huh common bitmain
Activity: 31
January 22, 2018, 12:37:16 PM

We recommend staying away from antpool or f2pool, and going with some existing community-run pools:

Yes, lets all support the dev team who hates everyone that bought one of these miners.

Something needs to be done about f2pool though. We're one bad day away from a $2500 brick.
Activity: 785
Merit: 502
January 22, 2018, 12:32:05 PM

Yes, lets all support the dev team who hates everyone that bought one of these miners.

Bahaha i was thinking the same. However all the fud created a pretty massive buy opportunity. What sia community failed to realize is how many more people even looked at their coin only because of this fud and nonsense. Myself included...

To the sia dev team this is a good time not to show your true colors. Just swallow that pride and turn this coin into the storage you claim since 2014 it will be.
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
January 22, 2018, 12:26:17 PM

Activity: 84
January 22, 2018, 11:59:39 AM
In the Bitmain's site the PSU is marked as shipped but in the Email I received I see the status is:
Shipped quantity(PSU): 0
Shipped quantity(A3) : 1
Is it possible that the PSU is inside the pack?
On the invoice in the email it is also marked only the miner?

it will be updated, its happen with me
Hope so, mine is still in just "Information received" DHL

Same with me from 19th. It sucks !

Finally shipments picked up today.
Activity: 3
January 22, 2018, 11:49:17 AM
What you think about SIACOIN Price evolution when all the A3 will reach the farm ?

-50%

The lead developer is very temperamental and emotional. In a meritocratic field such as Crypto I personally don't feel safe putting my money on the line with someone like him leading the project.
I'm a bit biased here but are you sure you're talking about siacoin, and not IOTA?  Grin
Activity: 31
January 22, 2018, 11:47:48 AM

-50%

January 22, 2018, 11:19:19 AM

-50%

Pages:
Jump to: