Pages:
Author

Topic: New Cryptographic Currency - page 3. (Read 4457 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 501
May 29, 2017, 12:55:14 AM
I have been following this thread a bit. I would choose Argon2D as the algorithm. Or, another algorithm that is CPU-only mineable, like the one HODL coin uses.

At the same time, CPU-only coins are vulnerable to mining from botnets. So, an idea would be to make newly minted coins locked for a certain period of time, for example 1 or 2 months. This will discourage botnets which usually mine and dump right away. This strategy was implemented by HODL, but the lockup time was too long (1 year) and the coin almost died. They've now changed that.

I think applying a novel CPU-only algorithm and blocking botnet mining can really make the coin stand out.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
May 28, 2017, 11:20:50 PM
You are thinking of forking dash but want to keep the mining algorithm CPU.....
Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
May 27, 2017, 05:22:42 PM
Hello all, we compiled a list of names for this new currency that represent our vision and would like feedback from others on which are preferred:

Ligero
Shuttle
Fragment
Frag
Shard
Projection
Project
All
Scott
Group
Encompass
Absorb
Whole
Ring
Legion
Credit
Cred

840 competitiors inclusive those which are well established and those which are backed by the old rich god like banker elite it is going to be tough to creat a value storage system, but even bitcoin is no secure value storage system it is the belief of the people which makes it valuable nothing else, the same counted for national currencies, this belief was then able to be abused as it was historically
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
May 27, 2017, 02:35:17 PM
Hello all, we compiled a list of names for this new currency that represent our vision and would like feedback from others on which are preferred:

Ligero
Shuttle
Fragment
Frag
Shard
Projection
Project
All
Scott
Group
Encompass
Absorb
Whole
Ring
Legion
Credit
Cred
May 27, 2017, 01:51:52 PM
Sorry, Slack link now works - https://oculus-slack-autoinvite.herokuapp.com/

(I tested and it says I am already invited and takes me through to the channel)

ah good now we can finally leave this forum
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
May 27, 2017, 01:29:51 PM
Sorry, Slack link now works - https://oculus-slack-autoinvite.herokuapp.com/

(I tested and it says I am already invited and takes me through to the channel)
Activity: 26
May 27, 2017, 01:28:38 PM
u need to be gay jewish or intermarried with the established banker caste

Erm, what? Let's not be so conspiracy-oriented.

so all miners are constantly running a programm which summs up all existing bitcoins in all accounts and checks weather it is still the same ammount?
yep, its called the blockchain

That was quite funny.

Anyway, so I like the distribution, don't really know what to say about the algo though, X11 doesn't really allow for any more GPU and CPU mining, ASICs have taken over the mining. Why not Equihash, adopt it from Zcash. ZEN is coming up soon with Masternodes, maybe you could learn from there.

Equihash would be a nice move if we were to adopt one, but i believe Fl0w is very keen (and so am i) on the ability to develop it from a unique hashing algorithm, such as SHA-3/Argon2D

But i highly, HIGHLY believe Argon2D would be an exceptionally great idea and we can develop the coin off that hashing algo Cheesy
Activity: 417
Merit: 252
May 27, 2017, 01:11:42 PM
u need to be gay jewish or intermarried with the established banker caste

Erm, what? Let's not be so conspiracy-oriented.

so all miners are constantly running a programm which summs up all existing bitcoins in all accounts and checks weather it is still the same ammount?

That was quite funny.

Anyway, so I like the distribution, don't really know what to say about the algo though, X11 doesn't really allow for any more GPU and CPU mining, ASICs have taken over the mining. Why not Equihash, adopt it from Zcash. ZEN is coming up soon with Masternodes, maybe you could learn from there.
May 27, 2017, 01:10:59 PM
Well, first of all the slack link doesn't work. Second, should we really focus onto the idea of replacing all the other coins? I believe that an amazing idea will prevail over time nonetheless, under one form or another. There's no real need to be aggressive, especially right now in the beginning. Why not give it a name such as JunoMoneta, or simply Moneta (check out the etymology of the word "money").

The logo should be something simple but powerful.

Hey, i have already suggested moneta in a pm with fl0w earlier and it is already taken on coinmarketcap,etc and right now with the whole "replacing other coins" is a clear end of the roadmap and not in the initial design of the coin, it is something that we see as an end goal

Then maybe Unique Moneta, or Juno Moneta, they could still work, especially since the coin Moneta is doing so bad (just checked it out on coinmarketcap).

Just a thought, but this is the difficulty with decentralizing all decision making.

As much as you want to decentralized the tool itself, the product needs a singular vision. Name, brand, differentiation is usually best built and held consistent by a designated person.
#

It will be alot simpler once Fl0w establishes a new way of streamlining communication, i think he is making a slack channel or some other sort of group communication so we can iron everything out

vitalik bulkin made a promise to issue 100 million coins only for ethereum, people believed him on that why should a geek like him lie to them?, but in the end he can issue as many ETC as he wants to and there fore the people replaced their old masters like bernanke and draghi with vitalik bulkin... i dont think it is that much important to have a finally supply u can always just claim it but in the end its not as important.
May 27, 2017, 01:04:39 PM
Well, first of all the slack link doesn't work. Second, should we really focus onto the idea of replacing all the other coins? I believe that an amazing idea will prevail over time nonetheless, under one form or another. There's no real need to be aggressive, especially right now in the beginning. Why not give it a name such as JunoMoneta, or simply Moneta (check out the etymology of the word "money").

Hey, i have already suggested moneta in a pm with fl0w earlier and it is already taken on coinmarketcap,etc and right now with the whole "replacing other coins" is a clear end of the roadmap and not in the initial design of the coin, it is something that we see as an end goal

Then maybe Unique Moneta, or Juno Moneta, they could still work, especially since the coin Moneta is doing so bad (just checked it out on coinmarketcap).

Just a thought, but this is the difficulty with decentralizing all decision making.

As much as you want to decentralized the tool itself, the product needs a singular vision. Name, brand, differentiation is usually best built and held consistent by a designated person.

It will be alot simpler once Fl0w establishes a new way of streamlining communication, i think he is making a slack channel or some other sort of group communication so we can iron everything out
May 27, 2017, 01:01:21 PM

it is not important that the currency will have a finite supply important is that u can get enough important people on your side which will promote the currency in a way that it will receive common accepted value

Also remember that a finite supply does add security to users, so they know that there coins wont be devaluated, and does present the idea of scarcity, the thing that makes things valuable.

it did indeed when the first cryptocurrency was issued which was called bitcoin because people didnt wanted to replace their fiat banking elite with a bitcoin elite but the problem is that u will otherwise have mutliple currencies, what i would like to know is: does bitcoin has some kind of source code which someeone could theoretically use to increase its supply?

we need an own forum to further construct this cryptocurrency

that would be almost impossible, all of it is open source with a block explorer, everyone can see what code is exactly run on the client and nodes? 100% transparent

ok and how u want to run our new currency?
May 27, 2017, 12:57:21 PM

it is not important that the currency will have a finite supply important is that u can get enough important people on your side which will promote the currency in a way that it will receive common accepted value

Also remember that a finite supply does add security to users, so they know that there coins wont be devaluated, and does present the idea of scarcity, the thing that makes things valuable.

it did indeed when the first cryptocurrency was issued which was called bitcoin because people didnt wanted to replace their fiat banking elite with a bitcoin elite but the problem is that u will otherwise have mutliple currencies, what i would like to know is: does bitcoin has some kind of source code which someeone could theoretically use to increase its supply?

that would be almost impossible, all of it is open source with a block explorer, everyone can see what code is exactly run on the client and nodes? 100% transparent

May 27, 2017, 12:56:02 PM

May 27, 2017, 12:50:27 PM

May 27, 2017, 12:49:59 PM

if i would have gooten an license to run an euro investment bank i would have done it and never created a new cryptocurrency but u need to be gay jewish or intermarried with the established banker caste
besides the current deregulation wave of the financial system is basically a result of that development, i think in the end people might cease to work so happily for money as they did in the past but well we will see.
regards
May 27, 2017, 12:47:28 PM

it did indeed when the first cryptocurrency was issued which was called bitcoin because people didnt wanted to replace their fiat banking elite with a bitcoin elite but the problem is that u will otherwise have mutliple currencies, what i would like to know is: does bitcoin has some kind of source code which someeone could theoretically use to increase its supply, if he would have access to it because in the end bitcoin is just a information database.?

Activity: 122
Merit: 100
May 27, 2017, 12:45:23 PM

May 27, 2017, 12:42:07 PM

May 27, 2017, 12:27:27 PM

May 27, 2017, 12:24:01 PM

Pages:
Jump to: