Pages:
Author

Topic: New Cryptographic Currency - page 4. (Read 4457 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Activity: 26
May 27, 2017, 12:18:37 PM

it is not important that the currency will have a finite supply important is that u can get enough important people on your side which will promote the currency in a way that it will receive common accepted value

Also remember that a finite supply does add security to users, so they know that there coins wont be devaluated, and does present the idea of scarcity, the thing that makes things valuable.

Agree, finite supply or at least cap on growth adds security and a sense of stability.

In terms of name, did we settle on Legion or any thoughts on Ringcoin?

Im personally a fan of Syndeo (Means "connect" in greek) and Oculus (means "vision" in greek), but we should see what others prefer/request Smiley
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
May 27, 2017, 12:10:40 PM

it is not important that the currency will have a finite supply important is that u can get enough important people on your side which will promote the currency in a way that it will receive common accepted value

Also remember that a finite supply does add security to users, so they know that there coins wont be devaluated, and does present the idea of scarcity, the thing that makes things valuable.

Agree, finite supply or at least cap on growth adds security and a sense of stability.

In terms of name, did we settle on Legion or any thoughts on Ringcoin?
May 27, 2017, 11:57:39 AM

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
May 27, 2017, 11:49:03 AM
May 27, 2017, 11:36:34 AM
May 27, 2017, 11:31:46 AM

Ideas and replys would be great, very future proof design that will last the ages

This is good. I like this.

Thank you Smiley, Also have been storming up some names

Oculus -----> Greek Translation of "Eye" for our Vision
Telikos -----> Greek Translation of "Final" as in the final coin
Exous -----> (Partial) Greek Translation of "Power"
Syndeo -----> Greek Translation of "Connect" Everyone Connecting
Aflos -----> Greek Translation of "Intangible

All can have varieties

i honestly dont really care about the name and the logo i just want it to be the best possible to get attention and make people think its valuable everybody comes from a different background and therefore has a different view and expectations of different logos. but in the end it is better to have each logo than not beeing able to start work now we need a forum were we can discuss the technology behind i am not an expert on that

I understand, i just wanted to iron out the design so we knew what we were working with design wise, these can just be place holders just until we have a full idea of what is going on, im fairly sure that Fl0w is working on a landing page + possibly forum, otherwise i have messaged you guys in regards to a place we can talk in a group to keep a good flow of ideas

I won't begin development until all the plans are ironed out.

logo is for the usfullness of the currency not that significant

there are 840 kryptocurrencies out there

https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/

we are supposed to break somehow all their attention

the truth is that all those national currencies basically kept their value because nationalists prevented others by using the police to issue currencies, that created a currency bankin elite which is basically in charge of nationstates.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
May 27, 2017, 11:20:48 AM
@fl0wd3v If the goal is to make one coin that replaces other alts, how about Ringcoin -- one coin to rule them all! Seems catchy to me. There was a previously launched ringcoin, but I don't think it went anywhere. I actually just bought that domain name when thinking about the same thing raised here, which is that altcoins really need one-centered coin and would be glad to contribute if that could work.

In terms of functional differentiation, if we also want to make this more for the people, why not institute a "basic income" for anyone who owns some amount of Ringcoin? For example, we could pay out some amount to unique user addresses annually that diminishes on an annual basis as usage for the currency rises. This would require some mechanism for registering unique users to addresses, but would also ensure less wealth disparity across the owners.

In addition to that functional differentiation, we could also set up ~5% of the overall pool on behalf of charitable work to be mined directly for specific charities or voted on annually for distribution. This could also be owned by a separate non-profit entity if needed.

Once we have a name, we might coordinate a bunch of related activities at once, including a logo contest, crowd fund (possibly?), and initial user registration of some kind if we were going to do automatic distributions.

Other questions:
- Would you imagine this as a finite supply of coin or an infinite supply?
- Did you have any ideas on how to differentiate?
- Any ideas on how to get the first users? Should we consider an initial crowd fund?
- Do you think we need a team of people attached to the project or keep it fully anonymous?

Assuming you can run with the technology, some of the ways I could potentially contribute:
- Online / offline evangelism
- Structured plan to marketing / distribution
- Building advisory board (if needed)
- Domain (if of interest)
- Setting up non profit if necessary
May 27, 2017, 11:16:09 AM
https://imgur.com/a/AUWe0

Ideas and replys would be great, very future proof design that will last the ages

All can have varieties

i honestly dont really care about the name and the logo i just want it to be the best possible to get attention and make people think its valuable everybody comes from a different background and therefore has a different view and expectations of different logos. but in the end it is better to have each logo than not beeing able to start work now we need a forum were we can discuss the technology behind i am not an expert on that

I understand, i just wanted to iron out the design so we knew what we were working with design wise, these can just be place holders just until we have a full idea of what is going on, im fairly sure that Fl0w is working on a landing page + possibly forum, otherwise i have messaged you guys in regards to a place we can talk in a group to keep a good flow of ideas

i 100% agree with that, i believe we need to establish i good form of instant communication, we could use a program like 'Slack' or if any of you guys have a better way so we can streamline ideas and such and begin once everything is mapped out
May 27, 2017, 11:04:43 AM

All can have varieties

May 27, 2017, 10:58:51 AM

All can have varieties

May 27, 2017, 10:52:55 AM

All can have varieties

i honestly dont really care about the name and the logo i just want it to be the best possible to get attention and make people think its valuable everybody comes from a different background and therefore has a different view and expectations of different logos. but in the end it is better to have each logo than not beeing able to start work now we need a forum were we can discuss the technology behind i am not an expert on that. currencies which are successful today often symbolise the current political spirit of the society which uses it, we should use that and try to adapt a new currency to the societies spirit what makes them think positively and what will make them take attention.

dont try to be special with your logo just make one or adapt yourself into an environment people take serious. but nevertheless we can keep the logo not finally anyway, what we have to do next is to fit all requirements the exchanges need to list the currency there that is important
May 27, 2017, 10:46:03 AM

All can have varieties
May 27, 2017, 10:33:05 AM

May 27, 2017, 10:19:53 AM

May 27, 2017, 08:51:23 AM

we need something that provokes and catches attention
May 27, 2017, 07:48:15 AM
Made this - http://i.imgur.com/esQvT4t.png

Again this was a 10 minute job. But going with the theme of gold and coin.

looks like a computer button to me....

Just playing with shape and colour. Showing drafts.
May 27, 2017, 07:23:36 AM
Made this -

looks like a computer button to me....
May 27, 2017, 05:49:48 AM
Made this - http://i.imgur.com/esQvT4t.png

Pages:
Jump to: