Pages:
Author

Topic: New currency from BRICS countries - page 8. (Read 1036 times)

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1718
March 31, 2023, 08:38:34 AM
-snip-
Let's say then people will move the money that they put in to BTC for the currency. Because if they think it as a strong currency like you said.
I think certainly there will be some people currently holding dollars or euros who might move their money to the new currency. But I don't think people are withdrawing their money from Bitcoin to invest in the new currency. I see the new currency of the BRICS countries more as a competition for dollars and euros, but not for Bitcoin. Of course I could be wrong about that, but that's how I think about it at the moment. In addition, we first have to wait and see whether and when the new currency will actually come out and how strong it will really be. Maybe the new currency won't be as strong as I'm currently assuming.  Wink
Activity: 826
Merit: 104
March 31, 2023, 08:13:18 AM
(...)As I can see all these things to manipulate BTC right? What are your thoughts about this?
Do you mean price manipulation?And how does it happen? I really don't see the relevance of your conclusion.

In view of the fact that the BRICS bloc will change some economic terms when we will no longer see petrodollar dependence, I see that the dollar is gradually showing a gradual loss of position in the general economy.

Not sure what the impact will be on the crypto market but what I see here is that countries that don't want to be dependent on the US are proving that they are capable of self-responsibility in the face of the impositions so far.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 5634
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
March 31, 2023, 06:21:02 AM
Let's say then people will move the money that they put in to BTC for the currency. Because if they think it as a strong currency like you said.

Those who know the difference between Bitcoin and any other centralized currency will certainly not suddenly sell Bitcoin to invest in something backed by countries like China or Russia, especially if we consider the fact that these two countries are currently doing. Strong currencies are created over decades, they do not appear overnight and create some kind of instant dominance in the world.

The US, EU, UK, Australia, Japan, Canada and many other countries will certainly not accept this currency, and we are talking about the richest countries in the world. Don't be naive and don't believe in fairy tales Wink
Activity: 2632
Merit: 649
March 31, 2023, 06:20:14 AM
Couple of hours ago there is in news on Twitter saying BRICS countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) are developing a new currency. It was mentioned by State Duma Deputy Chairmen btw.

As I can see all these things to manipulate BTC right? What are your thoughts about this?
I don't think there will be any threat to Bitcoin.Their common currency (if one is created) will only work for internal transactions between countries in order to minimize the use of the dollar.I do not think that the cryptocurrency market will be of interest to these countries, since the payments will be for raw materials and various materials.
Activity: 103
Merit: 3
Pepemo.vip
March 31, 2023, 06:01:54 AM
As I can see all these things to manipulate BTC right? What are your thoughts about this?
I see no possibility of manipulating Bitcoin in this announcement. Certainly it would have been nicer if they had agreed to use Bitcoin instead of creating a new currency, but unfortunately that didn't happen. If a new currency is actually created, it will tend to target the US Dollar and Euro in order to weaken these two currencies. As the BRICS countries want to back their new currency with gold and other rare-earth elements, it could become a strong currency. Surely you will be able to buy Bitcoins with it at some point, but I don't see any danger for Bitcoin. But maybe you can explain why you think it could be used to manipulate Bitcoin. I'd be interested in that.  Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1718
March 31, 2023, 04:53:45 AM
I see no possibility of manipulating Bitcoin in this announcement. Certainly it would have been nicer if they had agreed to use Bitcoin instead of creating a new currency, but unfortunately that didn't happen. If a new currency is actually created, it will tend to target the US Dollar and Euro in order to weaken these two currencies. As the BRICS countries want to back their new currency with gold and other rare-earth elements, it could become a strong currency. Surely you will be able to buy Bitcoins with it at some point, but I don't see any danger for Bitcoin. But maybe you can explain why you think it could be used to manipulate Bitcoin. I'd be interested in that.  Smiley
Activity: 770
Merit: 556
March 31, 2023, 04:34:16 AM
How can a centralized currency can manipulate Bitcoin? can you explain?

It's about politic problem and it's called as dedollarisation where these BRICS countries not want to use or adopt dollar anymore. To be honest there's no problem to Bitcoin because Bitcoin price isn't pegged with any currency and it's can't be manipulated.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 371
March 31, 2023, 03:58:11 AM
Couple of hours ago there is in news on Twitter saying BRICS countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) are developing a new currency. It was mentioned by State Duma Deputy Chairmen btw.

BRICS wants to develop their own currency because they really think that it is time for them to be free from the dominance of the US dollar, in my opinion it has nothing to do with BTC or to manipulate the crypto market, because their main goal is to destroy the dominance of the USD. You can read about it in this article https://cointelegraph.com/news/russia-talks-up-prospects-of-brics-countries-developing-new-currency
Activity: 103
Merit: 3
Pepemo.vip
March 31, 2023, 01:25:20 AM

Pages:
Jump to: