Author

Topic: New Official AMT Thread - page 155. (Read 149454 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
April 16, 2014, 03:59:26 PM
Hardware, if we can get em runnin, at 200gh per board, find the heat issues at stock speed, then begin to bump these chips, 250 per board should be possible.
If may take water cooling and server powersupplies to accomplish.

That is the fun of it... coinmining by itself is very boring once it runs right.

We are at the wtf stage Smiley

I spend most all of my money on hardware, electricity is always second/third issue as a Hobby I do not expect ROI, I did in the beggining expect to get rich like everyone else.
I spent 20 30 grand on game dev machines during the 2008-2013 era No money expected, did it all for fun.

Oh I sit in campfires and laugh, blows peoples minds.
Ditto. I'll probably go the immersion cooling route when it is time to push the speeds. More on my idea of Best Practices for that later when I do it. Hint: plugables in fluids are a big no-no.

Yes, I am actually making some money mining (Ant pharm) but - I too am in it for tech aspect. Heck, for example in Nov. I spent over 5k building a RenderBeast for playing with 3D graphics (DAZ 3D & Bryce). Is fun but the Beast has maybe 150hrs on it so far and don't plan to ever make money from it. These rigs *will* eventually make money. (when we get them) As for getting rich mining - highly doubt it but at least on-track to have the pharm paid for in July.

Since the mid-1970's I've been designing industrial laser systems and know power applications, thermal and mechanical design, etc. inside & out. Hell even chip design is (limited) part of my bag so... This is a sort of a toy for me. Do I want my system asap? Sure. But for now, with a glimmer of light spotted for A1-based rigs I'm content doing what I can, where I can with useful info here to help folks that actually have their rigs. (Wish I was one...)

In that light: AMT - for the future 2.5/3TH rigs would really really be a good idea to plan on using single-voltage server supplies. eg http://www.trcelectronics.com/Meanwell/hot-swappable-rcp1000.shtml They also have 2 & 3kw modules.

Reasonably inexpensive and up to 6/8kw in a 1U high rack. If +5vdc is needed then derive it in the system with SMT or tab POL regulators fed from that single supply buss. Would make the PSU issues pretty much go away.

We now resume our normal programming.
Activity: 267
Merit: 250
Stan the Man!
April 16, 2014, 03:57:24 PM
Hardware, if we can get em runnin, at 200gh per board, find the heat issues at stock speed, then begin to bump these chips, 250 per board should be possible.

That is the fun of it... coinmining by itself is very boring once it runs right.

I spend most all of my money on hardware, electricity is always second/third issue as a Hobby I do not expect ROI, I did in the beggining expect to get rich like everyone else.
I spent 20 30 grand on game dev machines during the 2008-2013 era No money expected, did it all for fun.

your "coinmining by itself is very boring once it runs right."   comment is spot on.   the asics run and i forget about them. all set up, change pools every now and again.  but, boring.  nothing to do there.   had the gpu rig running great, but had to make it run greater.  lol.  broke it, and now have something to do again.  

i mine on the hopes of stocking up on the right coin that will eventually see returns like btc.  most are losers, but have had enough "winners' to keep me interested in the playing the mining game.

for the most part, coinmining is a money sink, and you most likely wont get rich.  making enough to cover electricity, with a lil something left over is all most will see.
Activity: 392
April 16, 2014, 03:53:20 PM
Heads up, site is currently down due to Hostgator issues across the board on dedicated servers. Should be back up soon, no need to worry.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
April 16, 2014, 03:14:04 PM

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
April 16, 2014, 02:56:14 PM
I said that you sound like him that is all....
You know the saying a lie repeated 100 times becomes true so that is what me and Phinn do we will repeat that a lie said even million times stays lie

I don't know that quote. And a lie is a lie, it never becomes the truth. Give us customers some credit. We do have brains. And in todays Google and Search world, you don't need to say it 100 times for people to find and read it.

As for Phinn, he is not in the same category as you. AMT is using his so called confession video as proof that their product is great. So in  doing so, AMT has declared Phinn as their official spokes person and has made him part of their family !  So I would take Phinn's word and forum posts over yours. Also AMT themselves in the video is saying that he's a great guy  Wink So why shouldn't I believe him?

By the way Phinn, they are using your material for marketing purposes. Make sure they are paying you royalties  Wink
Agreed but
I am sure you have brains and you are not stupid. But your brains just refuse to accept what is going on.....
Something like yea we know yeah we are not stupid but eventually somehow in someway things are about to happen
That is the part you have to change
Or eventually someday somehow when it happens you will realism that you have Been robbed and Zipkin will go way clean out of it
Do not respond me dude
I got your point I hope you got mine also

You say not to respond but you want to end it with an insult to us customers again.

How do "our" brains "just refuse to accept what is going on....." ? We know what's going on and we are the ones that have been financially hit. What you are saying to ALL the customers here is to "lose all hope" give up and just lay down and accept it. Well, we are not going to lie down Loshia because you say that the game is up. We are demanding AMT to assist us. And this is the forum to do so.

As for robbing, if we ultimately get nothing then EVERYONE will sue them and join the class action lawsuit. That's the good part about a class action. Any customer can join easily. So what's your issue? and what new point are you trying to make??  

The point I always make as soon you begin to fight better for you.! Do not let them lie you any more....
Did I said it simple enough?
Do not wait even a sec more go to court immediately and ask for refund
Is it so hard to get it?
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
April 16, 2014, 01:02:56 PM
So wait, everybody is talking about the unofficial AMT users thread.

Is it still up and I have been locked out or has it bee removed?

"The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

This topic has been moved to Trashcan.

by ckolivas
There was a conflict of interest as far as I was concerned with there being an apparent "unofficial amt users thread" which should be posted in and run by the users but was actually a moderated thread by AMT, and there were already 2 or 3 other AMT user threads that served that purpose. Hence I deleted it.

Thanks. I was pretty sure that was the case and I wasn't singled out. I have been trying to be nice and patient but it is very hard. Undecided
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
April 16, 2014, 12:41:43 PM

"The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

by ckolivas
There was a conflict of interest as far as I was concerned with there being an apparent "unofficial amt users thread" which should be posted in and run by the users but was actually a moderated thread by AMT, and there were already 2 or 3 other AMT user threads that served that purpose. Hence I deleted it.
Activity: 294
April 16, 2014, 12:08:18 PM

by ckolivas
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
April 16, 2014, 12:04:13 PM

Activity: 294
April 16, 2014, 12:03:34 PM
Leave it to AMT to start a self moderated thread and leave it un-moderated.

As always, great good AMT!
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
April 16, 2014, 11:48:34 AM
AMT,
       Can you provide information if you have now received your shipment of power supplies? In one of your earlier posts you had mentioned that you were going to receive them in about two weeks which should be today. If the shipment is still delayed please let us know.

Thanks in Advance.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
April 16, 2014, 11:37:06 AM
Guys,

Please don't think we went missing or forgot about you or are stalling as some of you have suggested, we're currently figuring out realistic options to hopefully satisfy everyone in the end.
at the end??
The end is after a month or so guy's Grin Grin Grin Grin

Loshia,
      Why must you always make a comment on 'everything' that AMT is saying? AMT is apologizing on its shipping methods and openness from them should be encouraged. As a company they should be communicating to their customers regularly. But you're comments are only meant to sidetrack 'every' conversation that they are trying to have.

You've already made your point which everyone knows about. But your comments not only make fun of AMT but a lot of your comments are pretty much saying that the customers were stupid to even purchase from AMT. Well, the fact is we have already purchased the equipment, we've already asked for refunds, etc. Now the customers are trying to work together to get their products working. So we don't want to make AMT go back into a hole because of non-customers like you. If you have a technical troubleshooting comment then post that, that would be appreciated.

If you're saying you are bringing awareness to new AMT customers, then do so in the other threads that have been made. I also visit those threads just as often to get the customer grievance side.
and if your all stuck for something to do simply trawl the coincraft oficial threads or the bitmine threads. see how their aituation is the same as amt. customers awaiting orders, no psus cases or cages....... its a little deeper than amt if you just dig. one cog breaks a machine and if bitmine are experiencing issues and coincraft the chip dealers then surley it stands to reason amt inherit the same issues.... just a thought.
Shouldnt that be under the "Unofficial AMT Users" thread?

hopefully get you a good tut later. been real busy so far.
Sorry should have clarified. Shouldn't the "Unofficial AMT Users" thread be the place for people to discuss the grief of owning and modifying a rig, and to talk about how to run where to run and keep it running
"greif" i dont mean in a bad way, just seems some people having a headache getting it going. and keeping it cool lol

The problem is that AMT hasn't updated their OP to explain what the different forums are for.

i believe that is reserved space for future announcements. ckolivas did a good job of explaining in the last thread. as its hardware section
no unofficial post any more its a broken link. or im banned lmao
ckolivas post
A boring reminder of what the hardware section was meant for:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/a-point-of-order-conduct-in-this-subforum-139380
Activity: 181
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
April 16, 2014, 11:31:01 AM
Guys,

Getting back to everyone now. New back planes are running. Apologies if anyone received poorly shipped miners. Threats of legal issues have set us back financially and production wise as well, but we'll get through it. Several miners went out over the last few days as well, not sure if it was anyone from this thread.

Update is 61 miners/rigs between last week and this week so far.

Please don't think we went missing or forgot about you or are stalling as some of you have suggested, we're currently figuring out realistic options to hopefully satisfy everyone in the end.

at the end??
ROFL next week month or year will be the end

Loshia,
      Why must you always make a comment on 'everything' that AMT is saying? AMT is apologizing on its shipping methods and openness from them should be encouraged. As a company they should be communicating to their customers regularly. But you're comments are only meant to sidetrack 'every' conversation that they are trying to have.

You've already made your point which everyone knows about. But your comments not only make fun of AMT but a lot of your comments are pretty much saying that the customers were stupid to even purchase from AMT. Well, the fact is we have already purchased the equipment, we've already asked for refunds, etc. Now the customers are trying to work together to get their products working. So we don't want to make AMT go back into a hole because of non-customers like you. If you have a technical troubleshooting comment then post that, that would be appreciated.

If you're saying you are bringing awareness to new AMT customers, then do so in the other threads that have been made. I also visit those threads just as often to get the customer grievance side.
here here this thread isnt for the gripes of amt as a company or how the treat you but for the grief of owning and modifying a rig. and to bat around ideas on how to run where to run and keep it running.

and if your all stuck for something to do simply trawl the coincraft oficial threads or the bitmine threads. see how their aituation is the same as amt. customers awaiting orders, no psus cases or cages....... its a little deeper than amt if you just dig. one cog breaks a machine and if bitmine are experiencing issues and coincraft the chip dealers then surley it stands to reason amt inherit the same issues.... just a thought.

the origional post? if i notce a post quote gets removed i too remove the post i put as it has no reference. i respond to a post in here because its on topic whilst here. if removed my reply is no longer on topic.

Sorry should have clarified. Shouldn't the "Unofficial AMT Users" thread be the place for people to discuss the grief of owning and modifying a rig, and to talk about how to run where to run and keep it running
i believe not as its unofficial you either dont have or never bought a rig. a place to unofficially talk about amt as a whole and have a general chat about amt. i thought this was the place reserved for official owners and customers to give technical feedback and get help setting up. i.e i just recieved my rig il look here in the official place to see what people are doing. keeping an un cluttered area for amts posts and tech help...... or thats my thought. and "greif" i dont mean in a bad way, just seems some people having a headache getting it going. and keeping it cool lol

The problem is that AMT hasn't updated their OP to explain what the different forums are for.
April 16, 2014, 11:25:58 AM
Guys,

Getting back to everyone now. New back planes are running. Apologies if anyone received poorly shipped miners. Threats of legal issues have set us back financially and production wise as well, but we'll get through it. Several miners went out over the last few days as well, not sure if it was anyone from this thread.

at the end??

Loshia,

here here this thread isnt for the gripes of amt as a company or how the treat you but for the grief of owning and modifying a rig. and to bat around ideas on how to run where to run and keep it running.

the origional post? if i notce a post quote gets removed i too remove the post i put as it has no reference. i respond to a post in here because its on topic whilst here. if removed my reply is no longer on topic.

i believe not as its unofficial you either dont have or never bought a rig. a place to unofficially talk about amt as a whole and have a general chat about amt. i thought this was the place reserved for official owners and customers to give technical feedback and get help setting up. i.e i just recieved my rig il look here in the official place to see what people are doing. keeping an un cluttered area for amts posts and tech help...... or thats my thought. and "greif" i dont mean in a bad way, just seems some people having a headache getting it going. and keeping it cool lol
April 16, 2014, 11:22:16 AM
Guys,

at the end??

Loshia,

April 16, 2014, 11:17:30 AM
Guys,

at the end??

Loshia,

hopefully get you a good tut later. been real busy so far. what would you all prefer a video or a writeup with screen shots and pictures
April 16, 2014, 11:14:44 AM
Guys,

at the end??

Loshia,

April 16, 2014, 11:10:05 AM
Guys,

at the end??

Loshia,

Activity: 74
Merit: 10
April 16, 2014, 10:57:24 AM
Guys,

How about shipping peoples units as promised? And instead of telling people one thing and then ignoring them after you didn't fulfill what you said you would, how about trying to be honest for once? Don't tell people they will receive tracking number one week and then go silent on them for lengthy periods of time. How about you ship your products with adequate packaging so that the miners are not DOA? How about you ship orders BY ORDER NUMBER! There is no excuse why people with higher order numbers get their order before people who have lower order numbers. This is just shady and dishonest business.

How about you don't BLAME YOUR CUSTOMERS for broken miners that you failed to properly ship? That's the most disrespectful I have seen your company since the start of this whole debacle... And now you're telling us you're trying to "satisfy everyone in the end". Forgive me for not buying it.

Just a reminder, AMT you have until the end of the day TODAY to reach out to me and update me on the status of my order 899 AND provide me my tacking number (which you said I would receive a last week) before I contact my attorneys. This also isn't a threat, its an ultimatum. I placed my order in December of last year, there is no excuse why you haven't fulfilled my order yet, or at least given me an update as to why.

The ball is in your court AMT.

AMT,
       You do have all of your customer's email addresses in your ordering system. Why don't you spend some time and make an update email and send to only these customers ? You can copy and paste everyone's email address in the BCC line in Outlook and everyone would get updated.

Do you really want every customer that you have do a search on the internet to find these forums just to get some information from you? Be proactive and communicate.
April 16, 2014, 10:44:15 AM
Guys,

How about shipping peoples units as promised? And instead of telling people one thing and then ignoring them after you didn't fulfill what you said you would, how about trying to be honest for once? Don't tell people they will receive tracking number one week and then go silent on them for lengthy periods of time. How about you ship your products with adequate packaging so that the miners are not DOA? How about you ship orders BY ORDER NUMBER! There is no excuse why people with higher order numbers get their order before people who have lower order numbers. This is just shady and dishonest business.

How about you don't BLAME YOUR CUSTOMERS for broken miners that you failed to properly ship? That's the most disrespectful I have seen your company since the start of this whole debacle... And now you're telling us you're trying to "satisfy everyone in the end". Forgive me for not buying it.

Just a reminder, AMT you have until the end of the day TODAY to reach out to me and update me on the status of my order 899 AND provide me my tacking number (which you said I would receive a last week) before I contact my attorneys. This also isn't a threat, its an ultimatum. I placed my order in December of last year, there is no excuse why you haven't fulfilled my order yet, or at least given me an update as to why.

The ball is in your court AMT.
Jump to: