Author

Topic: New Official AMT Thread - page 158. (Read 149454 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
April 14, 2014, 10:58:12 PM
ROFL!!! Sad to say but it seems we are not alone in the FedEx Football games... From the Antminer s2 forum I proudly present https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6098348
And not all is exactly well in that camp either re:performance.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
April 14, 2014, 10:27:52 PM
AMT Miners you said you would send Fedex to pick up this damaged miner on Monday. No one came to pick it up. I am an honest person and would just like my money returned. I am tired of these and ready to take another route. Please just send me the refund, this is a sloppy way to do business.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
April 14, 2014, 08:38:48 PM
Finally got home from vacation.

I got my shipment on Friday.  Took some photos:

(image removed to save space)

Anyway... was going to to test each individual board to see if some of them were okay.

Unfortunately, AMT DID NOT BOTHER TO SEND ME A BACKPLANE!
holy crap! no spine

I'm really dead on the water here.  Not only are 2-3 boards damaged,  I don't even a backplane to test the 2 other boards that may have survived their shoddy shipment.

How can they send $6,000 worth of equipment without even having a check list of what they need to include!

I've sent them a message today, but got no message back.

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
April 14, 2014, 08:25:43 PM
Finally got home from vacation.

I got my shipment on Friday.  Took some photos:

(image removed to save space)

Anyway... was going to to test each individual board to see if some of them were okay.

Unfortunately, AMT DID NOT BOTHER TO SEND ME A BACKPLANE!
holy crap! no spine
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
April 14, 2014, 08:18:12 PM
buy a new pair of jeans you dirty hick!
legendary
April 14, 2014, 08:17:55 PM

Nice!. Hopefully I will soon be getting the same kit. Thinking about a Coolmaster 1,200w PSU but for now have a 1,200w HP server PSU coming tomorrow (much cheaper btw) to poke around with and figure out until my 520 comes in.

Query: do I need any 4-pin Molex (+5 & +12v) for anything? The server PSU can feed 5v @3a if needed.

On the temps: 65-70c on the chip sinks? Toasty but not unreasonable. For 'official' specs on the A1 chip I refer to Bitmine's Github site. https://github.com/bitmine-ch/bitmine/blob/master/Specs/CoinCraft%20A1.pdf
p1 is the quickey specs, p. 13 is power and temp specs.

What do the chokes on the board read? On my Ants they are the hottest things @ 75c in a slow/dead air zone, around 40-50 in an airstream. Chokes can easily take up to 140c or better but - caps sitting next to them are not so happy...

Got a thermocouple to poke between the big heat sink fins opposite where the chips sit? Be interesting to know the ΔT between the sides...
all you need is x amounts of the 6 pin or 6/8 pin connectors used for gpus for your blades, the 24pin motherboard connector and a floppy drive connector for the pack plane.
 if you have sata cables or molex cables you wont need them so to speak. but you may be best off getting some fans to run off the molex/sata cables and place them to the rear of the cage in a push pull style to give good cooling to the back chips. for the top board you WILL need some sort of fan as there is not a great deal of n/a cooling they sit around 60-708c with the fan.
definatley monitor the temps as you run.
These use the 24-pin mobo connector?  Interesting. A fair amount of total +12v power is available there... Kinda sounding like a regular PSU is better to save a bunch of wiring with the mobo connector but I do have all the pc connectors needed if I'm ambitious. Guess I could use the server PSU for some of my Ants.
Activity: 588
April 14, 2014, 07:55:32 PM

Nice!. Hopefully I will soon be getting the same kit. Thinking about a Coolmaster 1,200w PSU but for now have a 1,200w HP server PSU coming tomorrow (much cheaper btw) to poke around with and figure out until my 520 comes in.

Query: do I need any 4-pin Molex (+5 & +12v) for anything? The server PSU can feed 5v @3a if needed.

On the temps: 65-70c on the chip sinks? Toasty but not unreasonable. For 'official' specs on the A1 chip I refer to Bitmine's Github site. https://github.com/bitmine-ch/bitmine/blob/master/Specs/CoinCraft%20A1.pdf

What do the chokes on the board read? On my Ants they are the hottest things @ 75c in a slow/dead air zone, around 40-50 in an airstream. Chokes can easily take up to 140c or better but - caps sitting next to them are not so happy...

Got a thermocouple to poke between the big heat sink fins opposite where the chips sit? Be interesting to know the ΔT between the sides...
all you need is x amounts of the 6 pin or 6/8 pin connectors used for gpus for your blades, the 24pin motherboard connector and a floppy drive connector for the pack plane.
 if you have sata cables or molex cables you wont need them so to speak. but you may be best off getting some fans to run off the molex/sata cables and place them to the rear of the cage in a push pull style to give good cooling to the back chips. for the top board you WILL need some sort of fan as there is not a great deal of n/a cooling they sit around 60-70*c with the fan.
definatley monitor the temps as you run.
Activity: 532
April 14, 2014, 07:44:17 PM
Well looks like no joy. 7:40pm and They still haven't called. Referenced the quoted text below and post the original link. Just another instance of a failed word. Likely this will be deleted. If they call before 10pm (I do sleep) however I will remove the posts and comment on it here. They deserve the credit when they do the right thing at least.

They have contacted me and we have made arrangements to get the miners. I will post more once I have them in my hands. Hopefully be able to help some people out.

Re: Official Thread: AMT
April 12, 2014, 08:32:11 PM

Quote from: opieum2 on April 12, 2014, 08:30:29 PM
I was hoping to have gotten a reply on whether or not I can do a pickup. Alyssa sent me an email letting me know about that. Ideally I had hoped to go down tomorrow afternoon. Can someone please get back to me via email if this is possible. I know the plant is closed but if the office is available I can do that. Please let me know asap so I can make arrangements.

The AMT administrative office is not open on Saturdays or Sundays so that would not be possible. Surely someone will get back to you on Monday regarding your request for pickup.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6192029
legendary
April 14, 2014, 07:04:53 PM
hey guys just done a little video of my 520gh miner, the video is not full screen like normal for some reason as i took it on my phone.
im posting this as nobody else has posted a video of a working miner as of yet that im aware.
full 24hr graph will be posted once ready for your scrutiny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7rUW2H-wqk

Activity: 102
Merit: 10
April 14, 2014, 05:59:21 PM
I miss the old thread Sad still waiting on my miners........ Any updates would be appreciated. Delivery was promised a month ago and people promised 3 months ago haven't gotten anything. Any 1.2 th miner people receive one that works perfectly hashing at 1.2 nominal?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
April 14, 2014, 04:58:07 PM
AMT Miners - FedEx never came to pick up the miner, I am hoping they are coming today. I don't want to lose yet another day of mining.
April 14, 2014, 04:57:19 PM
Well it's almost 5 and no call from them as they promised. Got the call made my arrangements to go pick up my miners.
April 14, 2014, 04:01:04 PM
Still no updates or tracking information which I was told I would receive:

Two months ago,
One month ago,
a few weeks ago,
And now last week....

So, when will my order 899 be shipped AMT??

They still owe me a phone call for today to arrange the pick up this week. This is getting kinda old. And aggravating.
I got the call and made my arrangements.
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
April 14, 2014, 03:41:30 PM
Still no updates or tracking information which I was told I would receive:

Two months ago,
One month ago,
a few weeks ago,
And now last week....

So, when will my order 899 be shipped AMT??
Activity: 620
April 14, 2014, 03:15:09 PM
hey guys just done a little video of my 520gh miner, the video is not full screen like normal for some reason as i took it on my phone.
im posting this as nobody else has posted a video of a working miner as of yet that im aware.
Congrats mell
It seems ok for me
Thank you very much for the vide and the efforts
to Amt
Congrats you made it first thing that works
1. 3 blades are doing 520 GH so 5 blades what your 1.2t miner wii be equals to 866 my  Grin
That is what I call complete scam. folks payed for 1.2 t but they will get eventually 866 in return?
2. Even six blades could not reach 1.2 t Grin
Why,
Because it is under clocked / bolted a loot. why because your cooling boys just sucks.that is why. And probably because you are still fighting for my 10 btc Grin
So take my sincere apologies there is one AMT miner which works
Yes it is
Send melbro another one for thanking him that he saved your ass for the moment. But it is a temporary solution only Grin
Will yo be so kind to measure the themp from the other side big heatsink . That is where 70% of the heat should be disposed.
10x

if i run cgminer from the pi itself and not via amt gui i was running 205gh on 2 cards with 179 on the third card so i think after this 24hr graph is up im gonna see if there is a way to tweak and get it better (i am running nominal mode tho tbh will try turbo at later date)
i will keep you posted on whats going on as much as i can like i said Smiley
the temps from the big heatsink side are from right to left : 37*c - 45*c - 46*c while the small heatsinks sit at approx 65-70*c at avg 0.84v per chip
Probably there are dead chips or cores on third one. Any way I will watch your results closely Wink
About oc it is your depiction only..I would not do it but let us hope it is cold in canada Wink

its still pretty cold here in the U.K Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1610
April 14, 2014, 03:11:05 PM
Congrats mell
It seems ok for me
to Amt
1. 3 blades are doing 520 GH so 5 blades what your 1.2t miner wii be equals to 866 my  Grin
That is what I call complete scam. folks payed for 1.2 t but they will get eventually 866 in return?
Why,
Because it is under clocked / bolted a loot. why because your cooling boys just sucks.that is why. And probably because you are still fighting for my 10 btc Grin
Yes it is
Send melbro another one for thanking him that he saved your ass for the moment. But it is a temporary solution only Grin
Will yo be so kind to measure the themp from the other side big heatsink . That is where 70% of the heat should be disposed.
10x

if i run cgminer from the pi itself and not via amt gui i was running 205gh on 2 cards with 179 on the third card so i think after this 24hr graph is up im gonna see if there is a way to tweak and get it better (i am running nominal mode tho tbh will try turbo at later date)
the temps from the big heatsink side are from right to left : 37*c - 45*c - 46*c while the small heatsinks sit at approx 65-70*c at avg 0.84v per chip
Probably there are dead chips or cores on third one. Any way I will watch your results closely Wink
About oc it is your depiction only..I would not do it but let us hope it is cold in canada Wink
April 14, 2014, 03:03:23 PM
Congrats mell
It seems ok for me
to Amt
Why,
Yes it is
10x

legendary
Activity: 1610
April 14, 2014, 02:50:29 PM
Congrats mell
It seems ok for me
to Amt
Why,
Yes it is
MELL ,
10x
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
April 14, 2014, 01:56:36 PM

Nice to see 1 working machine out there. Thanks for the vid.

just a tip, Hold your phone horizontal when taking video and pictures and you will get full wide screen images.
April 14, 2014, 01:07:52 PM
Jump to: