Author

Topic: New Official AMT Thread - page 159. (Read 149454 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
April 14, 2014, 12:43:01 PM
Yeah,

I just want this damned thing to work.

I got 2 cards working last night, and said fuck it. The backplane had to be plugged in WHILE powered up. After I unplugged, and plugged it back in, I restarted CGMINER and it worked with 3. I tried to get 4 working, but the damn thing is buggy as shit.

Any suggestions AMT? Are you actually going to send me my boards this week?

~Casey
Did you see this post about power rails etc? Methinks it may address some of the problems folks have been having. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6204573

Oh AMT, btw: when my kit arrives I do have any and all test gear you folks want us to have. Precision DMM's, IR and TC temp probes, oscilloscopes to monitor the power rails for spikes/dips, current probes, etc. You name it I have it.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
April 14, 2014, 12:06:45 PM
Yeah,

I just want this damned thing to work.

I got 2 cards working last night, and said fuck it. The backplane had to be plugged in WHILE powered up. After I unplugged, and plugged it back in, I restarted CGMINER and it worked with 3. I tried to get 4 working, but the damn thing is buggy as shit.

Any suggestions AMT? Are you actually going to send me my boards this week?

~Casey

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
April 14, 2014, 11:40:10 AM
FYI I have emailed orders, jbrown and josh with my phone number (as I don't know who at AMT actually posted that I would get a call back today) I got the call. They followed through.
April 14, 2014, 11:17:40 AM
After last nights promised update of info on the old thread....crickets. I really am hoping they don't drop the ball again on communications. When even moderators are warning us that we should be wary of a self-moderated thread, its an important concern. I presume they are churning out machines, but it would be nice that they actually follow through on what they say they will do. Even little things are under scrutiny right now. Like posting an update of some kind in the main post (which they claimed was going up last night). And well follow through. I imagine they are working on getting hardware out but it would be nice to hear from them about it and keep us in the loop. Goes a long way towards keeping people from creating hate threads.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
April 14, 2014, 10:29:00 AM
wifi should be easy enough to add with a linux friendly USB wifi adapter assuming the support for it it wasn't ripped out of the kernel.

Yes, and the dongles are inexpensive. Once I get the blades tested and running, I will work on adding WiFi.

http://www.amazon.com/Edimax-EW-7811Un-Wireless-Adapter-Wizard/dp/B003MTTJOY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397485528&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+wifi+dongle

This is a cheap (10 bucks) but very reliable dongle AND it works with linux Cheesy

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linux-usb-wireless-compatibility-adapter-list.html

That is the exact one I will be trying.
April 14, 2014, 10:28:26 AM
I just tried to login to the controller. I put in the login / password, hit enter and got the following.

Anybody know what it means?

500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 606, in respond
    cherrypy.response.body = self.handler()
  File "/mineros/web/mako_h.py", line 14, in __call__
    env.update(self.next_handler())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/mineros/web/auth.py", line 142, in login
    cherrypy.session.regenerate()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cherrypy/lib/sessions.py", line 91, in regenerate
    self.delete()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cherrypy/lib/sessions.py", line 163, in delete
    self._delete()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cherrypy/lib/sessions.py", line 263, in _delete
    del self.cache[self.id]
KeyError: 'db4be997ae800c160e939c958c1000dce8296b7c'

Powered by CherryPy 3.1.2

A quick power cycle and this has been fixed.
April 14, 2014, 10:28:17 AM
wifi should be easy enough to add with a linux friendly USB wifi adapter assuming the support for it it wasn't ripped out of the kernel.

Yes, and the dongles are inexpensive. Once I get the blades tested and running, I will work on adding WiFi.

http://www.amazon.com/Edimax-EW-7811Un-Wireless-Adapter-Wizard/dp/B003MTTJOY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397485528&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+wifi+dongle

This is a cheap (10 bucks) but very reliable dongle AND it works with linux Cheesy

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linux-usb-wireless-compatibility-adapter-list.html
April 14, 2014, 10:23:10 AM

Activity: 181
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
April 14, 2014, 09:54:13 AM
Just a reminder I am still waiting on tracking information I was told I would receive last week for order #899.
Activity: 620
April 14, 2014, 09:18:27 AM
just as a fyi my 520gh has been mining away nice and steady for the past 16hrs, so not long before i give you all the long awaited 24hr pool graph  Grin and its not frazzled its self or had any big issues (apart from a pi connection problem at start which fixed itself)
also may i add that my package came from fedex with no dints, marks or damage to the box in any way shape or form or to the hardware it contained inside, it was well protected with bubblewrap and paper.
if anyone needs any info ill gladly help
April 14, 2014, 07:08:18 AM
Just a reminder to AMT I am expecting a call from someone there today regarding a time to go in to pick up my hardware as you committed to in the previous thread. Thanks. It is done.
Activity: 238
April 14, 2014, 04:41:14 AM
Annnnd back to casey and the new backplanes he needed, should have shipped by now, and he has time again to mess with it, seems RL took him out stressed a bit last week, he seems "refreshed" Smiley

Trying to help all go well as can be. Hardware I got down, software ..... not so much Smiley
USB and/or Network thru Windows would have been my protocols of choice for these, PI and stuff seems well...weird on high end hardware.
Like I said soft is not my strong point or interest, machines are.

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
April 14, 2014, 12:40:47 AM
YourPalToots,
What happen to your miner is it working?

April 13, 2014, 11:38:51 PM
For what it's worth users are free to create their own unmoderated thread to discuss things as they see fit. They should also be very wary of a manufacturer that needs to have a self moderated thread and delete a lot of posts. There are forum notification/watch options that will email you of every single reply even if it is deleted later if you wish to keep track of what is being removed, as well as the unofficial site that tries to record all messages before they're deleted at https://bitcointa.lk/

Good advice. And thanks for the link.
April 13, 2014, 11:30:41 PM
What happened to the old one?

AMT locked it.
April 13, 2014, 11:30:20 PM
Well-played, idiot!

~Bruno Kucinskas

We shall see how 'well played' it is.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
April 13, 2014, 11:08:37 PM
What happened to the old one?
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
April 13, 2014, 10:45:34 PM
For what it's worth users are free to create their own unmoderated thread to discuss things as they see fit. They should also be very wary of a manufacturer that needs to have a self moderated thread and delete a lot of posts. There are forum notification/watch options that will email you of every single reply even if it is deleted later if you wish to keep track of what is being removed, as well as the unofficial site that tries to record all messages before they're deleted at https://bitcointa.lk/
April 13, 2014, 09:29:56 PM
Self moderated thread will be good provided it does not turn into a way to censor any honest criticism. But if this helps AMT communicate with their customers better I am all for it.
Activity: 181
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
April 13, 2014, 08:04:27 PM
AMT I was also told Wednesday of last week that I would receive tracking numbers on Thursday or Friday of last week, but still no tracking information. When will you be shipping my order #899?  Thanks in advance.
Jump to: