Pages:
Author

Topic: New Official AMT Thread - page 5. (Read 149437 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10
August 23, 2014, 11:29:39 PM
AMT_Miners:

Can you tell me what this error message means?

root@raspberrypi:/var/www# cat ./cgminer.log
 [2014-08-23 03:37:32] Started cgminer 3.9.3                   
 [2014-08-23 03:37:32] Run Reset=0                   
 [2014-08-23 03:37:32] SPI Speed 4000 kHz                   
 [2014-08-23 03:37:32] ST MCU - Disable                   
 [2014-08-23 03:37:32] ASIC Difficulty =  256                   
 [2014-08-23 03:37:32] GPIO CS is OFF                   
 [2014-08-23 03:37:32] SPI '/dev/spidev0.0': mode=1, bits=8, speed=4000000                   
 [2014-08-23 03:37:38] Failure(cs0)(20): missing ACK for cmd 0x04                   
 [2014-08-23 03:37:38] ACK(cs0) timeout:cmd_RESET_BCAST-6.2967s                   
 [2014-08-23 03:37:38] No any A1 board 

Thanks,
perogi

Your better off using the original image that comes with the miner, the one posted up looks like its actually a earlier revision the UI is more basic or unfinished?!?
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
August 23, 2014, 10:48:30 PM
AMT_Miners:

Can you tell me what this error message means?

root@raspberrypi:/var/www# cat ./cgminer.log
 [2014-08-23 03:37:32] Started cgminer 3.9.3                   
 [2014-08-23 03:37:32] Run Reset=0                   
 [2014-08-23 03:37:32] SPI Speed 4000 kHz                   
 [2014-08-23 03:37:32] ST MCU - Disable                   
 [2014-08-23 03:37:32] ASIC Difficulty =  256                   
 [2014-08-23 03:37:32] GPIO CS is OFF                   
 [2014-08-23 03:37:32] SPI '/dev/spidev0.0': mode=1, bits=8, speed=4000000                   
 [2014-08-23 03:37:38] Failure(cs0)(20): missing ACK for cmd 0x04                   
 [2014-08-23 03:37:38] ACK(cs0) timeout:cmd_RESET_BCAST-6.2967s                   
 [2014-08-23 03:37:38] No any A1 board 

Thanks,
perogi
August 23, 2014, 10:39:16 PM
User:  admin

Password to ssh is:

stone201405

ssh where??
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
August 23, 2014, 07:23:08 PM
The new image doesn't work for me same issue as mentioned no A1 cards error in cgminer with verbose ?

On the original image, plugging in a HDMI cable helped me track down the ip address setup by default, it displays it at the end of the boot sequence...just enter in a browser and you'll hit the web home page, check on the setup to change your network and pool settings.

The next problem is I entered my pool details and account, it was displaying stats on the home page, but my pool wasn't showing any results registered against my account? It felt like it was ignoring my settings and mining against the default pool it came with...:-(

Will double check my settings again maybe try another pool and see if there's any difference, having command line login access would be good with this "working" original image, as right now I can't tell what cgminer is actually doing...

Why not just use the user interface.  We're in the process of creating a help tutorial, something we should have already done.

I was using the web UI, will check setup again, would be easier if I could check logs read-only etc.

UPDATE: It's working fine now, I needed to make some config changes, pools didn't like worker results from different ip addresses.

UPDATE2: At module freq. 1000 discards are at 10-15%, that's quite high ... going to turn down a little to 950 see if efficiency improves and discards go down.

UPDATE3: Running at 1.28TH steady on web console and 1.10Th at GHash.io, makes sense with the discards.

UPDATE4: I really can't see much difference in turning down the frequency across the modules to no. of discards the A1 modules generates, it appears they're a little error prone. Interested if anyone has any other experiences?

UPDATE5: Temperatures going between 40-48, some of the modules aren't cooling that efficiently the ones on the left appear to be running a little hotter, they are slightly more packed in, there maybe some room for improvement, but overall seems quite good, a little on the warm side to the touch though

UPDATE6: Tried running at 700 freq. didn't make much difference to the discard rate, tried 1050 appeared to net the same discards results in terms of overall percentage but the acceptance rate by pool dropped off quite a bit, if you've got the power and good cooling leave it on 1000...all this time I didn't get any rejects which is a good sign

User:  admin

Password to ssh is:

stone201405
August 23, 2014, 07:08:36 PM
These FANs are LOUD! so i changed for a these antec, the only ones i could find in my local BestBuy. The label say 2000RPM, not the best out there but the noise is down to 25dba. (compared to 60dba on the stock FANs.)

The noise has gone down but the temps are going up 60-70, vs 40-50 with the stock fans.

Anyone has any recommendation on not too slow but not too noisy FAN??

I understand that the lower the better but does anyone know the acceptable temp range of the Coincraft A1?

Do not let the temps go that high. Granted A1 can run at 60+ but its not healthy.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181040

2350 RPM 62.74 CFM
35 dBA

Focus on the CFM rather than the RPM.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11894/fan-779/BGears_B-Blaster_120mm_x_25mm_2000RPM_High_Speed_Fan.html?tl=g36c435s1104

Just look through here.

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l1/g36/Fans.html?mv_pc=1771

We still have not gotten a chance to find a more suitable replacement, when we do, we'll ship with it. For the moment these fans were a safe play, there is no chance in hell of overheating and after our last go around we don't want anyone's miner heating up.

OUR FORMAL suggestion is if you don't like the noise just turn it off for a two days until you get replacement fans. Do not risk it with improper cooling!!

FrozenCPU has overnight shipping.
Activity: 27
August 23, 2014, 06:56:24 PM
These FANs are LOUD! so i changed for a these antec, the only ones i could find in my local BestBuy. The label say 2000RPM, not the best out there but the noise is down to 25dba. (compared to 60dba on the stock FANs.)

The noise has gone down but the temps are going up 60-70, vs 40-50 with the stock fans.

Anyone has any recommendation on not too slow but not too noisy FAN??

I understand that the lower the better but does anyone know the acceptable temp range of the Coincraft A1?

Update: As per amt_miner suggestion going with the BGears - B-blaster. Reviews coming in 2 days.
Activity: 27
August 23, 2014, 03:55:25 PM
AMT what is it going to take for me to get my refund? Order 1356..
August 23, 2014, 03:54:15 PM
Can someone take a picture of the "ribbon cable" that's connected to their Pi for me so I can make sure that this one is connected correctly?

Thank you in advance!

Check the review thread I got pics in there should find what you are looking for there https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/amt-12ths-miner-first-impressionsreview-wip-752116

Thanks for the pics and the replies. 

It's very much appreciated!
perogi.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 23, 2014, 03:50:10 PM
Can someone take a picture of the "ribbon cable" that's connected to their Pi for me so I can make sure that this one is connected correctly?

Thank you in advance!

Check the review thread I got pics in there should find what you are looking for there https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/amt-12ths-miner-first-impressionsreview-wip-752116
August 23, 2014, 03:29:16 PM

Thank you in advance!
August 23, 2014, 03:23:00 PM
I was using the web UI, will check setup again, would be easier if I could check logs read-only etc.

UPDATE: It's working fine now, I needed to make some config changes, pools didn't like worker results from different ip addresses.

What config changes did you make?  My system is stock and still getting the A1 error.
August 23, 2014, 03:08:21 PM
FYI for anyone working on the networking, check the sticker on the back of the miner by the ethernet port. That is the IP. 1.X (a number is there) In my case it was 1.59 and 1.67 which were the static IPs assigned to the machines. They are NOT using a uniform IP. IF there is no sticker the same number will be written on the SDcard as well which requires opening the case and pulling it. That should solve a number of issues. I made this discovery after wondering what the numbers meant and then looking at the actual linux configs for the miner software from another machine.

IF you are comfortable with linux and have access to a linux machine (or a VMware player/workstation) you can mount the SDcard in there and find the /etc/network/interfaces file and edit the file to your desired IP. You will note it matches exactly with the outside numbers as well. However its also possible neither is available so the mounting SDcard method is the last resort.

August 23, 2014, 11:07:42 AM
The new image doesn't work for me same issue as mentioned no A1 cards error in cgminer with verbose ?

On the original image, plugging in a HDMI cable helped me track down the ip address setup by default, it displays it at the end of the boot sequence...just enter in a browser and you'll hit the web home page, check on the setup to change your network and pool settings.

The next problem is I entered my pool details and account, it was displaying stats on the home page, but my pool wasn't showing any results registered against my account? It felt like it was ignoring my settings and mining against the default pool it came with...:-(

Will double check my settings again maybe try another pool and see if there's any difference, having command line login access would be good with this "working" original image, as right now I can't tell what cgminer is actually doing...

Why not just use the user interface.  We're in the process of creating a help tutorial, something we should have already done.

UPDATE2: At module freq. 1000 discards are at 10-15%, that's quite high ... going to turn down a little to 950 see if efficiency improves and discards go down.

UPDATE3: Running at 1.28TH steady on web console and 1.10Th at GHash.io, makes sense with the discards.

UPDATE4: I really can't see much difference in turning down the frequency across the modules to no. of discards the A1 modules generates, it appears they're a little error prone. Interested if anyone has any other experiences?

UPDATE5: Temperatures going between 40-48, some of the modules aren't cooling that efficiently the ones on the left appear to be running a little hotter, they are slightly more packed in, there maybe some room for improvement, but overall seems quite good, a little on the warm side to the touch though

UPDATE6: Tried running at 700 freq. didn't make much difference to the discard rate, tried 1050 appeared to net the same discards results in terms of overall percentage but the acceptance rate by pool dropped off quite a bit, if you've got the power and good cooling leave it on 1000...all this time I didn't get any rejects which is a good sign
August 23, 2014, 10:58:44 AM
We just need the source code to cgminer that AMT is legally obligated to provide. Ask them for it.

+1 to this. It also helps us all be able to check the code for any significant changes AND we can add to it to improve our miners or customize.
Dear AMT

I would like to formally request you post the source code to your cgminer modifications that you are distributing in binary only form which you are obliged to provide by law according to the license conditions of cgminer that you implicitly agreed upon by using it for your device.

Thanks.

We'll see if we can get it, but it was created for us. Chinese don't like to give our binaries. We'll do what we can.
August 23, 2014, 10:57:10 AM

Why not just use the user interface.  We're in the process of creating a help tutorial, something we should have already done.
August 23, 2014, 06:39:23 AM

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
August 22, 2014, 09:45:54 PM
We just need the source code to cgminer that AMT is legally obligated to provide. Ask them for it.

+1 to this. It also helps us all be able to check the code for any significant changes AND we can add to it to improve our miners or customize.
Dear AMT

I would like to formally request you post the source code to your cgminer modifications that you are distributing in binary only form which you are obliged to provide by law according to the license conditions of cgminer that you implicitly agreed upon by using it for your device.

Thanks.
August 22, 2014, 09:33:45 PM
Do we install a newer version of cgminer and hope for the best?
August 22, 2014, 09:05:52 PM
Finally got in - but every time it tries to start cgminer, it fails with a segmentation fault. 

I installed bfgminer but it doesn't recognize the miners. 

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
perogi.

Activity: 476
August 22, 2014, 08:46:35 PM
Try with root/admin to access.
Pages:
Jump to: