Pages:
Author

Topic: New Official AMT Thread - page 6. (Read 149437 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10
August 22, 2014, 08:31:56 PM
<<>             

[2014-08-23 03:37:38] No any A1 board 

NO ANY A1 BOARD???, i don't know what to do next. if anyone has figure this one out, please share your wisdom.
I'll keep trying but i'm currently stuck here, will try to help my brother to see if we have any luck there.
I'll keep you updated if i'm in fact able to figure out. HELP is appreciated!

Same issue here bud. :-/

I got it to work!!!
I reverted back to to original image (not the one from dropbox but the one that came with it, which i have no root access to)
And i changed ip,subnet,gw and dns to be opendns 208.67.222.222. Setup pool, and it works!!!
Hashing ####
Stats coming up....

So the latest image is a bad? ok good to know, I wonder if did some QA on the "newer" image?
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
August 22, 2014, 08:11:21 PM
<<>            

NO ANY A1 BOARD???, i don't know what to do next. if anyone has figure this one out, please share your wisdom.
I'll keep trying but i'm currently stuck here, will try to help my brother to see if we have any luck there.

I got it to work!!!
I reverted back to to original image (not the one from dropbox but the one that came with it, which i have no root access to)
And i changed ip,subnet,gw and dns to be opendns 208.67.222.222. Setup pool, and it works!!!
Hashing ####
Stats coming up....

Update: Hashing @1.2THS as promised (only 5 months later). if lucky i'l make 1.5BTC (not counting power cost). Boy, BTC needs to reach $4000 for me to make my USD back. Nevermind that i could have used the money and buy BTC and wait until it gets to $4000. Thanks AMT.

Activity: 29
August 22, 2014, 07:26:54 PM
<<>            

legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
August 22, 2014, 07:14:32 PM
Finally got in - but every time it tries to start cgminer, it fails with a segmentation fault. 

I installed bfgminer but it doesn't recognize the miners. 

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
perogi.

We just need the source code to cgminer that AMT is legally obligated to provide. Ask them for it.
Activity: 27
August 22, 2014, 07:12:14 PM
I received my miner yesterday after it was send out to my old address even though i updated it on my AMT account. DHL was able to get a hold of me to make the delivery.

First of all there box seemed like it has seen better days, it was all beaten up. No biggie it's just the box, right? Then i opened the box (unboxing video coming soon) and it has two rusty pieces of metal, WTF?!, below all that senseless metal i found the miner.

The rackmountable unit seems very well build although the paint is a bit rough. Hey, fortunately nobody will be looking at this thing on a daily basis.

Powered on, i couldn't get to it, apparently it comes with a presetted ip, no DHCP?? are we in the 80s?

I had to open the top of the box and unscrew the Raspberry PI in order to connect an HDMI to be able to see what is going on. IP was shown on boot-up messages.

Prior to this i asked amt_miner about the root password (my brother got his before i did and he hasn't got access to it yet). He provided root/pi as password, that didn't work.

So i decided to backup the current image and installed the one amt_miner sent me (same as posted in forum).

I removed the SD and image it to the one posted a few post back, and used the password root/admin, that worked! We are making progress..

Put SD back into PI, boot, logged in, setup correct ip,subnet,etc, tested pinging the world, all ok.

Http'ed into the local ip, and got a gui to setup my pool, username, password, GREAT!! Click start now, green light says running, GREAT!, not so fast, after a quick reload the light is back to red, STOPPED!.

Troubleshooted the code, added --verbose to the cgminer command and this is what i got on the cgminer.log:

root@raspberrypi:/var/www# cat ./cgminer.log
 [2014-08-23 03:37:32] Started cgminer 3.9.3                   
 [2014-08-23 03:37:32] Run Reset=0                   
 [2014-08-23 03:37:32] SPI Speed 4000 kHz                   
 [2014-08-23 03:37:32] ST MCU - Disable                   
 [2014-08-23 03:37:32] ASIC Difficulty =  256                   
 [2014-08-23 03:37:32] GPIO CS is OFF                   
 [2014-08-23 03:37:32] SPI '/dev/spidev0.0': mode=1, bits=8, speed=4000000                   
 [2014-08-23 03:37:38] Failure(cs0)(20): missing ACK for cmd 0x04                   
 [2014-08-23 03:37:38] ACK(cs0) timeout:cmd_RESET_BCAST-6.2967s                   

Activity: 29
August 22, 2014, 06:48:09 PM
Finally got in - but every time it tries to start cgminer, it fails with a segmentation fault. 

I installed bfgminer but it doesn't recognize the miners. 

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
perogi.
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
August 22, 2014, 03:14:29 PM
Just an update.

On Monday AMT Responded to my post "Your miners are due to arrive today actually." https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8423172

Friday Noon here, Still no visit from DHL. I have no intention of refusing them and will notify you if they ever arrive.
Activity: 37
August 22, 2014, 01:53:57 PM
These http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181040 I recommended them to him. It appears those are the same ones. However he can confirm.

How did you choose these over the stock ones?  I'd like quieter fans but I'm not willing to lower the airflow because of the heat.
I have no idea what fans are in my unit or what the airflow is.

120MM fans. If you have the same unit. If you have something else post pics. The recommendation is for the rackmount versions.

I got a desktop unit and the fans blow hot/warm air unless ambient temperature is ~65F.  There is definitely room for two more fans on the other side of the case, so I may try quieter fans and compensate for airflow with another fan or two.  I'm very hesitant to do anything with the hardware though in fear of breaking it.

http://imgur.com/a/FlTDM
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 22, 2014, 12:56:33 PM
These http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181040 I recommended them to him. It appears those are the same ones. However he can confirm.

How did you choose these over the stock ones?  I'd like quieter fans but I'm not willing to lower the airflow because of the heat.

120MM fans. If you have the same unit. If you have something else post pics. The recommendation is for the rackmount versions.
August 22, 2014, 12:55:45 PM

How did you choose these over the stock ones?  I'd like quieter fans but I'm not willing to lower the airflow because of the heat.

Mostly since the stock ones are shooting out cold air while the miner is mining. While a great thing...its an incredible amount of overengineering and noise. Hence the choice for those fans. They are 4pin PWM fans so they will be quieter BUT will spin up as needed to keep the miner cool. Personally I am buying 6 of them to have intake/outake cooling. That would be just as effective too. and quiet.
August 22, 2014, 12:36:50 PM

August 22, 2014, 12:16:32 PM

Here they are mining racked.  I like the rack mount case.
swapped out the fans for fans not soo loud.

What fans did you replace them with?

August 22, 2014, 12:11:53 PM

Here they are mining racked.  I like the rack mount case.
swapped out the fans for fans not soo loud.

What fans did you replace them with?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
August 22, 2014, 11:28:49 AM
A also received a miner with no PSU, there were also wires unplugged. I don't want to open the case and start messing around with it, what if taking the cards out doesn't work, what if a connector breaks? I am not shipping this thing for support to Europe or China. There is no way you can say I received a miner, because I didn't. I received an incomplete kit of parts.  From what it looks like, there is not enough room to fit a PSU, this miner is also defective and the defect is probably the reason why they did not send a PSU, because it wouldn't fit in the miner!
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
August 22, 2014, 11:11:43 AM
Hello. Please add me to the refund list. You guys don't answer my questions in this forum or through email. Thank you. Order 849

Seems like a valid justification for asking for a refund.   If you don't get proper technical support, then of course you should get a refund for the lack of service.

Say you go into a restaurant, you order bacon and eggs,  the server takes you order and says it'll be ready in 15 minutes.   15 minutes later you ask the server for your order and he doesn't respond.   An hour later, the server gives you bacon and eggs, but both aren't cooked!   Surely, that does count for a refund!
Activity: 854
Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.
August 22, 2014, 09:30:32 AM
Why should I sue? You broke the contract plain and simple. You don't like lawsuits and neither do I. I just think the proper thing for you to do would be to exercise the option you outlined in your TOS. Those are likely what your lawyers are using to save you anyway they can with the lawsuit. I mean that's where I would go, What did they agree to.

My question about installing the PSU is legitimate about voiding the warranty. It deserves a proper response. We can't have everyone voiding their warranty to fix mistakes like loose screws and what nut.

Look I left it alone for a long time and what I got was an incomplete miner, and a good shot at tetanus to show for it.

So will it or will it not void the warranty if we install the power supplies on our own?
Activity: 40
August 22, 2014, 08:18:03 AM
Hello. Please add me to the refund list. You guys don't answer my questions in this forum or through email. Thank you. Order 849
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
August 22, 2014, 05:21:20 AM
Also, your terms of sale read, "AMT’s warranty is only valid if the Product(s) has not been tampered with by the consumer. If the Product(s) casing, components, processing chip, PCB board, Heat sink, power supply, and any/all other physically elements of the product has been opened, altered, tampered with in any manner, the AMT warranty governing the Product(s) will be effectively null and void."

When I receive my power supply how will I install it without voiding the warranty?

Curt, your supply is on its way.  Regarding your other post about our terms, please join the class or sue us individually. Thanks. You know where we are at man, leave it alone.

AMT.
August 22, 2014, 03:55:16 AM
Also, your terms of sale read, "AMT’s warranty is only valid if the Product(s) has not been tampered with by the consumer. If the Product(s) casing, components, processing chip, PCB board, Heat sink, power supply, and any/all other physically elements of the product has been opened, altered, tampered with in any manner, the AMT warranty governing the Product(s) will be effectively null and void."

When I receive my power supply how will I install it without voiding the warranty?
August 22, 2014, 01:58:19 AM
AMT_Miners Josh told me he would have someone send me a PSU yesterday. I called FedEx and there is no shipment coming to me. Can you look into this and make sure this is expedited as I'm essentially sitting here with a machine that is DOA.   

Hello. The issue with your PSU has been taken care of. Please, let us know when you receive your package.

Great, I'll totally do that, why don't you go ahead and send me a tracking number for the PSU. That way I know exactly where it is. Then I can keep everyone, including you, updated.

Pages:
Jump to: