Pages:
Author

Topic: New stratum/getwork proxy with Web-based GUI and pools management - page 32. (Read 120841 times)

Activity: 148
Merit: 100
Yes, that would be really nice.

Will this also allow to have a different worker difficulty for each rig ? I've different rig sizes so having the same difficulty for all rigs is not the most efficient strategy.
Activity: 217
Ok, I tried it once more but I don't really understand I a user and a password are needed for each pool. Can't I use the workers already configured in my rigs ? I still want to have individual workers for each rig.

It would be nice to be have to override the workers with a single user/password or to keep the workers/password already provided by the rig.

Yes, you have to provide a username and password for each pool. You loose the per worker monitoring of your pool but you can use the worker monitoring of the proxy. It is done like that since the aim of the proxy is to centralize pool configuration so you just have to put the proxy address in your miner (and no failover). Since the proxy manages pools, you configure the usernames and passwords in the proxy.

But you are right, it could be cool to keep the worker monitoring on the pool. I think I will add more options to configure pools like:
--pool-append-worker-names true/false: to append the worker name to the username configured for the pool
--pool-worker-name-separator string: the separator to use to append the worker name

For example, java -jar -h pool1.com pool2.com -u Stratehm Pfool -p x x --pool-append-worker-names true false --pool-worker-name-separator _

will use Stratehm_workerName to submit shares on pool1 and will just use Pfool to submit shares on the failover pool2.

Is it ok for you ?
Ok, I tried it once more but I don't really understand I a user and a password are needed for each pool. Can't I use the workers already configured in my rigs ? I still want to have individual workers for each rig.

It would be nice to be have to override the workers with a single user/password or to keep the workers/password already provided by the rig.
You're right. It's working now. Thanks.

How do I add pools and configure priority for each ?

you can add several pools on the command line (check the usage with "java -jar --usage"). Priority is the order of pools on command line. The first pool has the highest priority (priority 0). When the proxy is already running, you can change the priority through the API. (Check the first page of the github project).

If you compile the latest version of the proxy, you can add/remove pools through the API too. At the moment, I haven't yet developped a front-end for this API so you will have to use this kind of plugins to call the API methods:
https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/poster/
Is this proxy can work with betarigs.com ?

It works between pools and betarigs...never tested between betarigs and miners...but it should work...
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Is this proxy can work with betarigs.com ?
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?
Excellent.

Always good to have more connection options.
You're right. It's working now. Thanks.

How do I add pools and configure priority for each ?
I'm trying to use it on windows but I get the following error :

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: strat/mining/stratum/proxy/Launcher : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
Could not find the main class: strat.mining.stratum.proxy.Launcher. Program will exit.

How to fix this ?

I think you have a JVM in 1.6 version (try "java -version" to check the version). Try to install a newer version: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html
I'm trying to use it on windows but I get the following error :

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: strat/mining/stratum/proxy/Launcher : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
Could not find the main class: strat.mining.stratum.proxy.Launcher. Program will exit.

How to fix this ?
I tried using chainminer with this, got some very strange output. Wondering if I'm just doing something really wrong, or this proxy isn't meant to work with getwork miners?

http://pastebin.com/V56qM3n8

Indeed, this proxy is a stratum proxy only, there is no getwork support (maybe later).
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
I tried using chainminer with this, got some very strange output. Wondering if I'm just doing something really wrong, or this proxy isn't meant to work with getwork miners?

http://pastebin.com/V56qM3n8
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
This could be very useful for bitfury rigs using chainminer. I'm going to try it out this weekend I think.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
I'm using your proxy on a Raspberry Pi and with several Nvidia card mining X11, working great !

Also I've been coding some php-frontend to log info from the JSON data you provide, thanks a lot for your work.
First stable release available here:
https://github.com/Stratehm/stratum-proxy/releases/tag/0.1.0

with following fix and imporvements:
-Fix only REJECTED shares when no failover pool is available.
-Improve the support of client.reconnect and add --pool-no-reconnect
-Add accepted/rejected hashrate calculation for pools. Use the pool/list API method to get the hashrate.
-API change: Add user details and connection details methods (hashrate by pool, by user, by connection)
-Added parameters to control the shares sampling period to calculate pools, users and connections hashrates.
-Modification on user and password parameters: If less user and password provided than number of pools, the last user and password provided will be used for remaining pools.
-Improve command line options parsing error management.
wohoo a new stratum for slow miner only  Grin

I know I shouldn't feed the troll... Sad

Quick response: Load the proxy with high number of connections and hashing power  and share your result. I will be happy to improve performance if needed  Tongue
I mean, why not developing something for nvidia cards ? (that's what I meant)

Oh ok, so it was not really a troll...my bad!

Sorry but I don't really understand the link between nvidia cards and the proxy.
The stratum proxy is not a mining software, it does not compute hashes, it just relays stratum requests and responses (with some other cool features of course), so there is no advantages to use graphic cards to do that.
sorry I misread your post, I thought that it would only work with sgminer (when you wrote regarding the xtranonce support for these miners)

The proxy should be compatible with all miners that support the stratum protocol. I have tested the proxy only with cgminer and sgminer, but if you want to test it with cudaMiner (or another one), you are welcome.

To complete the information about extranonce support, if the proxy is the only pool configured in your miner (and failover are configured on the proxy), there is no real benefit to use the setExtrnaonce notifications. But if you have failover configured in your miner, the setExtranonce support will avoid your miner to see the proxy as dead during the switch... (I hope you will find this understandable)
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quick response: Load the proxy with high number of connections and hashing power  and share your result. I will be happy to improve performance if needed  Tongue

Sorry but I don't really understand the link between nvidia cards and the proxy.
The stratum proxy is not a mining software, it does not compute hashes, it just relays stratum requests and responses (with some other cool features of course), so there is no advantages to use graphic cards to do that.
sorry I misread your post, I thought that it would only work with sgminer (when you wrote regarding the xtranonce support for these miners)
Now i feed kind of stupig i did read OP really fast, then checked replies and replied on reply...oh well i'm sorry  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

wohoo a new stratum for slow miner only  Grin

Quick response: Load the proxy with high number of connections and hashing power  and share your result. I will be happy to improve performance if needed  Tongue

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Good job, but yep we need something for nvidia cards also.
Agree i do not have ati cards myself but i'm gamer.
Pages:
Jump to: