Author

Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER - page 144. (Read 371134 times)

Activity: 353
Merit: 100
I love xtra byte I wish all succes to this coin I'm note against it yes this coin come from 1 sat to 500 sat it's great but look at pura with no tech it come also from 1sat to 1$ in about 6 month why not xby with the tech and the large community.
Activity: 353
What happen to Xby where is the technologie, where is the white paper and where is the community where is the statics nodes ?
Activity: 162
Merit: 10
Yobit wallet fixed! Just transferred everything to Cryptopia. Hurry up before the wallet gets rekt again at Yobit..

Good shit, but why not move to your personal wallet? Exchanges could go down at any time.  Smiley
The #FOMO and I've had  on cryptopia since last yr not that I don't agree a personal wallet is safer just if you willing to trade that's the best route
Activity: 210
Yobit wallet fixed! Just transferred everything to Cryptopia. Hurry up before the wallet gets rekt again at Yobit..

Good shit, but why not move to your personal wallet? Exchanges could go down at any time.  Smiley
Activity: 309
Merit: 250
So I joined the testnet, send my public key to Rule.

Is everything now officially started and can I use above tool to start testing etc. ?

There will be an announcement when the next phase of testing begins, so just gotta wait.  Smiley
Activity: 560
Merit: 113
So I joined the testnet, send my public key to Rule.

Is everything now officially started and can I use above tool to start testing etc. ?
Activity: 182

New session TESTNET with PULSE system and VITALS soon in progress

Head to our Slack and speak to Rule144 to get involved !

Steemit post with more info on what the Testnet is and how it benefits XTRABYTES
https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@xtrabytes/xtrabytes-test-net-has-begun

Slack invite link: https://xtrabytes.herokuapp.com!

For those who want to have fun and spam the XBY network
The XBY script is available now on the GitHub XBY:
https://github.com/menesescesar/Blockchain-testnet-tester

The XBY script works on Linux and Windows, it allows to send multiple transactions in loop.
Here is the XBY test interface you need to get when the script is installed on Windows.

Activity: 672
Merit: 251
I think a crucial question which I have struggled to get a definitive answer and much mixed messages is how apps would connect to xby currency.

I think both ways could have good and bad affects on demand but are very different. ETH as I understand uses gas in its system and any ETH app will run the apps token. This as we have seen with eth creates demand for eth to buy into icos. The other senario is apps run on xby the blood if you want to think of it so as more apps are added then demand for xby will greatly increase. There is though maybe a lack of need for xby to create an ico but as I have said the intrinsic demand also creates powerful demand.

This is a huge question for xby. Yes being like eth model.is good but long term the idea that existing platform can just slot into xby platform.and earn xby but being used is bigger than any other issue. ETH model isnt that viable long term for token icos....they grab some money and then have to run a company on eth blockchain. But if companies can join the move to decentralisation and still make money they wont care if they dont get ico money.

So which is true?
Activity: 66
Merit: 0
Question for Borz -

Im thinking waaay ahead and it may sound rediculous. But lets say a company wanted to create a module on XBY and have a token running on it. Would it make sense to create something like "Ghost Nodes"... Meaning that, u have a rule stateting that every Module creater needs to hold lets say 500k XBY minimum and have it setup as a node. (Ghost node)
But because we already have 512 lvl 1 statics when everything is running perfect, then this ghost node is basicly just then holding 500k coins. (Not active)
But then in case one of our live nodes go offline, then one of these " Ghost nodes" activates and then boost the network and thereby security back up, until our offline node comes back online??
In this case we would always have 512 lvl 1 running at all times. (Or lvl 2)
Just a quick idea i got.
This would 1) add to the overall security of the network at any time. 2) lock up more coins in strong hands and stabilize the price. 3) possible more benefits that i havent thought of yet.
Thx

************************************************************************************************************

In addition to this and i need to put it here before i forget it, since i get so many ideas every day on all kinds of things.
But lets say these ghost nodes made sense for XBY to have, then i imagine members/investers could do the same from their wallet.
Locking up a ghostnode as backup support for the network.
The benefit of doing this, could be to earn a free spot as a live node holder, in case a current node goes offline for a longer period.
So again u could have a rule stating that in case of a current node being offline for more then one week, then the ghost node replacing it will then take its place and now activate as a live static node and the former live node would then be put in quo as a ghost or simply just canceled until its brought back up manually and then the owner will need to have it running as a ghost or simply buy his way back in when a slot is free.
The buy back in could possible be cheaper then the 100k fee on a lvl 1 static if his coins havent left his address (been sold/rebought)
But this is the easy part to figure out and agree upon.
This could apply for both lvl 1 + 2 static nodes.
I think this would be a smooth way of having the network at its peak at all times.
Cuz otherwise we will see yoyo movement in node numbers as price of xby pumps and ppl sell.
People will still be able to buy a static node slot, if one such is free and have been taken by a ghostnode for only a few days.
But after lets say a week as an example, then the ghost node wins the spot for free, due to the long support as backup!
I hope it made sense.
If the decission of which ghost node to replace the offline slot is done by a random processor, then u also have insentiment for more people to buy a full node in the hope of getting a live node and yet again stabalize the price even further.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
You won't find very many people that have been doing this for very long that think keeping more than necessary on an exchange is a good idea.

If you think it is, you just haven't been doing this long enough. Learn to manage your own security and wallets.

Correct.

Over the last 5 years nearly every exchange gets hacked...its a matter of when not if. Its been a while since that last big one so probably we are due one soon that will remind people. With an exchange you are basically handing your coins over to a stranger on the internet.

Only coins kept on an exchange should be ones you can laugh off if you lose.

REMINDER TO JOIN THE XTRABYTES TEST-NET

Head to our Slack and speak to Rule144 to get involved!
Steemit post with more info on what the Testnet is and how it benefits XTRABYTES

You won't find very many people that have been doing this for very long that think keeping more than necessary on an exchange is a good idea.

If you think it is, you just haven't been doing this long enough. Learn to manage your own security and wallets.

Yeah, unless you have your coins in your own personal wallet then you do not really 'own' your coins, the exchanges do. Anything could happen to them, which is why you should always keep them in cold storage.
Activity: 602
Merit: 255

Correct and it is important to note that the task is not so daunting and there are plenty of tutorials out there.
Activity: 533
Merit: 500

Activity: 546
Merit: 252
Secure YOUR Coins

This morning I woke up to a report on Slack that one of our members had lost their XBY on an exchange. This is most unfortunate and prompted me to write this post.

The amount of coins and the name of the exchange are totally irrelevant because it can happen on ANY exchange with ANY amount of coins. What is important is quite simply offering some small advice on the best ways to prevent this from happening. So, here we go:

1. GET YOUR COINS OFF THE EXCHANGES

If you are not actively trading your coins, you are taking totally unnecessary risk by leaving them on an exchange (ANY EXCHANGE). Even if you are trading some coins, make the decision on how many you want to play with and remove the remaining coins.

To do this, you simply need to go to our ANN @ https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18538512 and choose your wallet download from the list you will find under the WALLETS section.

The following are the latest wallets which are available:

Windows - https://github.com/borzalom/XtraBYtes/releases/download/pre-v1.2.0.2-win/xtrabytes-qt.exe
MAC/OSX - https://github.com/borzalom/XtraBYtes/releases/download/pre-v1.2.0.2/xtrabytes-Qt-OSX-v1202.dmg
Linux - https://github.com/borzalom/XtraBYtes/releases/download/pre-v1.2.0.2-win/xtrabytes-qt-linux-v1202

2. SET UP 2FA (TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION) ON EVERYTHING

Not only do I have 2fa on my exchange accounts, I also have my Social media and Email accounts all protected by 2fa. For the time it takes to set this up, the peace of mind that comes with knowing that nobody can access your accounts without your password and your phone in their hand is a great recipe for sleeping better at night and relaxing during the day.

Also, for those of you who do not have smartphones, you can still use 2fa through email and even your email can be protected by using a different email to authenticate. The simple point here is to ensure that a hacker would need access to 2 different accounts in order to access 1 account. This is how you protect yourself when dealing with information and finance on the Internet.

Its not just the World Wide Web - It is the WILD WORLD WEB and it definitely can be very wild and savage if you do not protect yourself.

Dave

Quoting so it shows up on the latest page.  This is a necessity when investing or trading in crypto markets.  Thank you for keeping the community informed.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
I understand that keeping coins on exchanges is a necessary short term evil but long term it's the worse thing you can do for your coins, learn about wallet security and you'll be happy you did. Save a few backups and stay safe
Activity: 139
Merit: 10
I'm not trusting my own laptop more than Cryptopia. It's either Ledger or exchange for me.

But if you do use an exchange, you really need to follow all the best practices. Unique passwords, 2FA, always type the url instead of clicking on links, etc.

I agree with your statement. Following best practices online keeps one at least more safe from hackers.

Activity: 17
Look at all these newbie accounts bumping the thread. Are these paid shills?

Same goes for your 100% FUD and constant bad mouthing of the board. Whos paying you?
Activity: 46
Secure YOUR Coins

This morning I woke up to a report on Slack that one of our members had lost their XBY on an exchange. This is most unfortunate and prompted me to write this post.

The amount of coins and the name of the exchange are totally irrelevant because it can happen on ANY exchange with ANY amount of coins. What is important is quite simply offering some small advice on the best ways to prevent this from happening. So, here we go:

I hope it wasn't a great deal of coins. Was their account compromised or was it the exchanges fault?
Jump to: