Pages:
Author

Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER - page 96. (Read 371132 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
That's a huge mistake indeed. I honestly will not even consider selling until it's at least $8-10 per XBY. I really believe XTRABYTES will be a major player in the next 2 years.

I am similar. I will be holding my XBY for a long time. Let's see where we are in 2 years!  Cool
Activity: 26
I was looking at the roadmap here: https://www.reddit.com/r/XtraBYtes/comments/7629y6/the_xtrabytes_roadmap/

But there are no dates attached to the milestones. I'm assuming that the static nodes have been released and now the devs are working on the core modules, is that correct?

This tech is made from scratch. that is why days are not attached to roadmap. it is something new, and the posibility to broke a deadline is big. So no big promises from Borzalom. just HODL , wait and see...
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I was looking at the roadmap here: https://www.reddit.com/r/XtraBYtes/comments/7629y6/the_xtrabytes_roadmap/

But there are no dates attached to the milestones. I'm assuming that the static nodes have been released and now the devs are working on the core modules, is that correct?

We still are waiting on the release of the majority the Statics. Some of the statics are filled but there are still more level 1 node to opened up as well as all the level 2 and 3 nodes.  They are working hard to get the next round of testing online as well as registration for the static nodes.
Activity: 77
Russian hackers stole my legendary account. :(

I've actually already had a phishing attempt in the XBY slack a while back.

Safest thing for me is Cryptopia with 2FA enabled on everything action..

2FA is good but if you just have it on your phone that is a liability.  If someone gets control of your phone which there are plenty of hacks out there if they trick you to click a link they can easily get by the 2FA.  Or if you just lose your phone. Hard security is a hassle and thats why most of us go with good enough.  But I'm sure there are plenty of early BTC adopters who wished they had setup the hassle.  Both for slowing them down from selling off at what they thought were good prices and protecting them from the blackhats. 

XBY will be a much bigger target soon as the price continues to climb.
Activity: 560
Merit: 113
I've actually already had a phishing attempt in the XBY slack a while back.

Safest thing for me is Cryptopia with 2FA enabled on everything action..
Security question, what is the safest way to store xby, i have some amount on exchanges and i don't want to sell i want to hold for long time, so what do i do i instal wallet on USB and put it offline or?  Grin

- download your wallet from https://xtrabytes.tech/ for your OS
- open your wallet and click "receive coins"
- copy your address or generate a new one
- send your xby coins from exhange to your address
- done, now your xby are safe on your machine, consider to protect it with a strong password, backup it and copy it in a safe place
- from your wallet you can send coins too, you can try with my donations address :°D

For really long term storage it would make sense for it to be taken to a computer that doesn't have a internet connection or at least one that you don't normally use.  As XBY gains in value we will be more targeted.  Phishing attempts can fool really smart people.  And if you can store a copy in a second location then you will be even better off.
Activity: 38
That's a huge mistake indeed. I honestly will not even consider selling until it's at least $8-10 per XBY. I really believe XTRABYTES will be a major player in the next 2 years.
Activity: 128
it seems that the dump was just a mistake. he wanted to sell at 2343 and he put sell price 343. a mistake that hurts a lot.
Wow that must really hurt. Anyway, he should never sell, not even at 10000 Tongue
Someone just got out, so feel free to jump in for nearly free now!  Grin

I don't understand why anyone would dump at these prices. They are practically giving away what could be a game changing platform.

In any event...thanks dumper! I got some more XBY nice and cheap.   Grin

it seems that the dump was just a mistake. he wanted to sell at 2343 and he put sell price 343. a mistake that hurts a lot.
Activity: 31
Security question, what is the safest way to store xby, i have some amount on exchanges and i don't want to sell i want to hold for long time, so what do i do i instal wallet on USB and put it offline or?  Grin

- download your wallet from https://xtrabytes.tech/ for your OS
- open your wallet and click "receive coins"
- copy your address or generate a new one
- send your xby coins from exhange to your address
- done, now your xby are safe on your machine, consider to protect it with a strong password, backup it and copy it in a safe place
- from your wallet you can send coins too, you can try with my donations address :°D
Activity: 13
Someone just got out, so feel free to jump in for nearly free now!  Grin

I don't understand why anyone would dump at these prices. They are practically giving away what could be a game changing platform.

In any event...thanks dumper! I got some more XBY nice and cheap.   Grin

Probably they are gambling with the BTC Fork and hoping for a run up that will bring alt prices down.  Not a gamble I would be willing to take with XBY.  With all the recent coverage and the break through tech that could show up for testing at any moment.   
Activity: 30
Great job guys on all the marketing. We hope to address rewards/bounties/salaries/translations  soon. Thanks again for everyones hard work. Chris
Oups, seems that 10 000 transactions ps of XBY is beaten ...

https://coinidol.com/440000-transactions-per-second-with-red-belly-blockchain/

The Chinese are working on one that can do 1m+ transactions per second, which is just ridiculous. Visa, the largest payment provider in the world, only do on average 5000 transactions per second. I can't really see the point of it, other than theoretical curiosity or if they can be used for certain super computing tasks. Wonder who will be the first BILLION tx/s blockchain?  Smiley

They can claim what they like but until we see a testnet with a stress-test and those number then I do not believe their claims. Its just marketing bullshit.

Gyro... Look, if testnet succeed.. no no.. sorry for my English. When testnet succeed you will be able to buy only 10% maybe less of the coins you can buy now. Thats the difference. Good luck with your investment.Your luck is with btw because now you know Xtrabytes.!!!!
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
Oups, seems that 10 000 transactions ps of XBY is beaten ...

https://coinidol.com/440000-transactions-per-second-with-red-belly-blockchain/

The Chinese are working on one that can do 1m+ transactions per second, which is just ridiculous. Visa, the largest payment provider in the world, only do on average 5000 transactions per second. I can't really see the point of it, other than theoretical curiosity or if they can be used for certain super computing tasks. Wonder who will be the first BILLION tx/s blockchain?  Smiley

They can claim what they like but until we see a testnet with a stress-test and those number then I do not believe their claims. Its just marketing bullshit.

Activity: 210

The author is on Slack, might want to get in contact. Smiley

He contacted me just when i posted about the misinterpreting about PoSign lol, he is going to fix it.

Yeah I saw it got updated just now.  Wink
Activity: 207

He contacted me just when i posted about the misinterpreting about PoSign lol, he is going to fix it.
Activity: 210
NEW post covering the basics of PoSign vs POS and POW flaws

Why Proof-of-Signature triumphs over PoW / PoS" $xby

http://xtrabytes.today/xtrabytes-news/proof-of-signature-triumphs/

The explanation about PoSign isn't right in that article because he is saying that all nodes need to sign the block so it can be validated. If it work like that then anybody can sabotage XBY just by leaving one node offline. What really happens is that the nodes that are online at the time the transaction happen will sign the block and as i understood from Jhar the nodes that were offline will doublecheck the block when they come online but don't need to sign the block themselves.

This is correct, all ONLINE nodes sign the block. There is some more info on this here:

"Many questions have been asked about XTRABYTES' core technology, features, and advantages. The following summary seeks to address those questions and to further elucidate various aspects of the XTRABYTES platform.

Security is at the heart of XTRABYTES' technology and is where its principal advantage lies. XTRABYTES leverages the concept of digital signatures extensively in its security algorithms. Common examples of digital signatures include SSL and Microsoft's signed software, but XTRABYTES goes several steps further to ensure the robustness of its signature protocol.

Simply put, as the number of digital signatures increases, level of security increases. XTRABYTES employs this tenet in its core technology—STATIC nodes rely on multiple layers of encrypted and digitally signed sources to guarantee the integrity of the network, while competitor systems rely either on a single signature only, or even none at all.

It is impossible to steal all signatures, given that not all STATIC nodes are online at a given time, and that they use different operating systems (eg. Windows. Mac. Linux)—and even if a virus compromises all online STATIC nodes, a single off line STATIC node is capable of restoring the network once reactivated.

Further, online keys are intermediate only—deposit and genesis keys are private and always offline—and consequently can easily be changed if necessary. If such a signature is compromised, the associated STATIC signature will automatically be revoked as the consensus among nodes has been violated. The owner of the affected STATIC node is then warned to generate a new signature before the node can resume participation on the network.

STATIC nodes communicate with one another via the PULSE system. If nodes are online, the system behaves like instant messaging, while offline nodes are always automatically forwarded missed messages by the network. All of these transmissions are encrypted, secured.and time-stamped. This is in direct contrast to the Bitcoin network whose peers communicate with one another in an unsecured fashion.
Level 2 nodes will be similar to the original STATIC nodes save for the fact that the intermediate signatures will be declared in a future block, not in the genesis block. All STATIC nodes will have a TRUST index number. "

Activity: 207
NEW post covering the basics of PoSign vs POS and POW flaws

Why Proof-of-Signature triumphs over PoW / PoS" $xby

http://xtrabytes.today/xtrabytes-news/proof-of-signature-triumphs/

The explanation about PoSign isn't right in that article because he is saying that all nodes need to sign the block so it can be validated. If it work like that then anybody can sabotage XBY just by leaving one node offline. What really happens is that the nodes that are online at the time the transaction happen will sign the block and as i understood from Jhar the nodes that were offline will doublecheck the block when they come online but don't need to sign the block themselves.
Pages:
Jump to: