Pages:
Author

Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - THE BLOCKCHAIN EVOLUTION CONTINUES - page 5. (Read 10939 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Update: Borzalom and CCR Discuss Patent Progress

https://blog.xtrabytes.global/security/xtrabytes-moves-forward-with-patent-process/

Recording Date: February 12th, 2018
Recording Length: 00:09:51
Details of Transcript: CCRevolution & Borzalom Discuss Patent Status
Audio:  mp3 Link

https://blog.xtrabytes.global/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/XBY_BorzCCRConvo_v1.mp3

I listened  to the audio and i'm very confused.  I though anyone practicing patent law usually comes from a technical background in a field i.e. Technology, Science and is either required to be subject matter expert, or employ SME.  The notion that they're trying to sell this as an idea so hard to grasp that it may take many additional months to get a patent filed seems weird.  Patent lawyers deal with complex ideas all the time in many different sectors, and I'm pretty sure this isn't the most complex thing that's come across  the table.  If the ideas are well laid out, it shouldn't take a computer science major any more than a few afternoons to grasp these concepts.  Heck alot of people on this forum are non-technical and can understand projects from reading whitepapers.  

It feels like they are always releasing just teasing enough information to keep the casual investor satisfied, but never the finer details to give the project more credibility.  

In my opinion there shouldn't be a patent for the tech, decentralization and patents contradict each other. I know the tech will be available for the XBY community but what defines an XBY community member? I am with open sourcing the tech to be honest, every other new tech in crypto is opened source off course there's going to be clones alot of shit clones but some clones that might improve upon the tech. The original coin that created and developed the tech will be king. We can see that with alot of coins (Dash, LTC, ZCASH, ETH...etc) but yet non of their clones have even been able to reach their level and never will.

One has to ask what happens if the patent filing gets rejected? Will the tech then be opened source?

I know there's a bounty for finding vulnerabilities in the tech but has there been a security audit of the code and vulnerability testing? If so by whom?

The project will be open sourced after patent is "pending", apparently
Activity: 399
Merit: 251
Do we have any news on the patent btw? The price is dropping too much for me to bare we're gonna be buying XBY for 200 sats at this rate Cry

Just relax, mate. It's not going to 200sats and news will come when it's here. Learn to have patience if you want to gain in the crypto game. Patience will be rewarded.
You posted several times in the past few days with little substance. Just hang back and relax... I rather see substantial growth than an explosion followed by an implosion.
Activity: 84
Merit: 27
Nice project
Activity: 399
XBY is one of the most promising project around. Looking torward to seeing first testing on new net with anxiety. Good work.
If it's promising, why fail?

Nothing goes up in a straight line.
Activity: 28
Overall, I like this project, only thing I don't like is the 1 XBY transfer fee, like the 1 NXT fee for NXT. When XBY will be over $1 it will be consider high compared to ETH for example.

The transfer fee won't stay at 1 XBY in the future. It will be flexible.

Quite fun that everyone was complaining about the 75 XBY fee last month. Now it's reduced to 1 and still complaints  Grin

Wow, no idea it was 75, I have been looking to buy in for about a month, no XBY so far Smiley
Will buy at next dip, XBY ftw!

How much fee now? 75 XBY?
Does they planning to launch some ICO on their platform in near future?

The fee is at 1 XBY now. With Alpha release, this will be reduced further. It's a dApp platform, not necessarily an ICO platform (atm).
Alpha release when will take place?
Activity: 28
STATIC nodes are the backbone of the XTRABYTES.
guys have distinguished themselves I look have improved safety with Proof-of-Signature (PoSign)
Activity: 113
Merit: 1
In XBY we trust
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
I did not understand, there are signatures but I did not see the reward. Does this project have a bounty company?
Activity: 952
Merit: 500

https://blog.xtrabytes.global/security/xtrabytes-moves-forward-with-patent-process/

Audio:  mp3 Link

https://blog.xtrabytes.global/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/XBY_BorzCCRConvo_v1.mp3

I listened  to the audio and i'm very confused.  I though anyone practicing patent law usually comes from a technical background in a field i.e. Technology, Science and is either required to be subject matter expert, or employ SME.  The notion that they're trying to sell this as an idea so hard to grasp that it may take many additional months to get a patent filed seems weird.  Patent lawyers deal with complex ideas all the time in many different sectors, and I'm pretty sure this isn't the most complex thing that's come across  the table.  If the ideas are well laid out, it shouldn't take a computer science major any more than a few afternoons to grasp these concepts.  Heck alot of people on this forum are non-technical and can understand projects from reading whitepapers.  

It feels like they are always releasing just teasing enough information to keep the casual investor satisfied, but never the finer details to give the project more credibility.  

In my opinion there shouldn't be a patent for the tech, decentralization and patents contradict each other. I know the tech will be available for the XBY community but what defines an XBY community member? I am with open sourcing the tech to be honest, every other new tech in crypto is opened source off course there's going to be clones alot of shit clones but some clones that might improve upon the tech. The original coin that created and developed the tech will be king. We can see that with alot of coins (Dash, LTC, ZCASH, ETH...etc) but yet non of their clones have even been able to reach their level and never will.

One has to ask what happens if the patent filing gets rejected? Will the tech then be opened source?

I know there's a bounty for finding vulnerabilities in the tech but has there been a security audit of the code and vulnerability testing? If so by whom?

Activity: 434

Audio:  mp3 Link

I listened  to the audio and i'm very confused.  I though anyone practicing patent law usually comes from a technical background in a field i.e. Technology, Science and is either required to be subject matter expert, or employ SME.  The notion that they're trying to sell this as an idea so hard to grasp that it may take many additional months to get a patent filed seems weird.  Patent lawyers deal with complex ideas all the time in many different sectors, and I'm pretty sure this isn't the most complex thing that's come across  the table.  If the ideas are well laid out, it shouldn't take a computer science major any more than a few afternoons to grasp these concepts.  Heck alot of people on this forum are non-technical and can understand projects from reading whitepapers. 

Activity: 546
Merit: 252
Will Robinhood be a crypto game changer?

BY MARKETFARMER

New Post:

https://blog.xtrabytes.global/exchanges-trading/will-robinhood-crypto-game-changer/
Activity: 58
I'm waiting to buy in at .05 cents. I feel we are still a bit over-priced and have room to drop. I hold 5,000 coins. I'll pick up another 5,000 after the drop. GL all! I think long term we'll be good but expect a correction.

Same here.

I love Corrections  Wink

i highly doubt it

as you can see from the previous correctons, $0.20 is the bottom.

but good luck to you to wait and try to time the market... thats always the best thing to do in crypto Wink
Activity: 546
Merit: 252

Bounty0x & XTRABYTES

We are currently preparing a pilot program using the Bounty0x system. They will be reviewing just how effective it can be for meeting their specific requirements. The first bounty is being prepared, and will offer 1 Million XFUEL as a reward for anyone who can find an exploit of the system. This bounty will have very specific requirements in order to collect the large reward.

Ultimately, this will likely be the first of many bounties offered on Bounty0x.  We look forward to this being the first of many bounties offered on Bounty0x.

More info can be found in our blog post here:

https://blog.xtrabytes.global/general-crypto/bounty0x-gets-ready-for-xtrabytes/
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
I'm waiting to buy in at .05 cents. I feel we are still a bit over-priced and have room to drop. I hold 5,000 coins. I'll pick up another 5,000 after the drop. GL all! I think long term we'll be good but expect a correction.

Same here.

I love Corrections  Wink

Guessing we see a slow decline down as the market waits for the pending patent and the main net is released. I think we will see impatience with the new buyers from the 600 area start to market dump while other coins are pumping to chase them so  it wouldn't be a bad idea setting some stink bids.

Not sure how long the patent filing will take I believe the hard part is having the lawyers understand the tech and what is being patented. They will have to do their research as well  and create a draft for filing, imo I'd say 3-6 months for pending status. I'm probably wrong though, sure lawyers here would know alot more.
Activity: 48

Same here.

I love Corrections  Wink
Activity: 35
Hey there everyone!

I just finished reading the whitepaper and was hoping one of the developers could answer a few questions I have with the VITALS private virtual network.

1. You say the VITALS private network is proprietary, does this mean the code is closed off to everyone else?

2. You say it's a private network that is directly connected to the static nodes on the public network, is the private network central? and if so who's hosting this private network?

thanks, really looking forward to learning more about this project

Hey, I'm still waiting on a developer to answer question number 2

Seems that Delphinus wrote previously that the code is being reviewed for a patents, or some kind of licensing before it's open sourced

But question 2 remains to be answered

Hi Zeth,

Borzalom usually doesn't read BCT; but you can submit any question you have here:
https://goo.gl/forms/MBgqOMhjTSjAOOq83

The next Q/A session is in 2 days (on the 7th).

My understanding of the private network is that the nodes set up a VPN to communicate with each other.

Right, these VPS's communicate with the public nodes, but they call them private VPN nodes

That's what I'm trying to get more information on, just want to know how decentralized this coin is if it has private nodes, but then again I might not understand exactly what they mean by having private VPN nodes that the public nodes control

The white paper does not go into depth how this is all achieved and how the servers/nodes will be operated and by whom and where.

Activity: 98
Activity: 406
Merit: 109
Is XBY issue with Yobit over ?

Can we withdraw yet ?
Activity: 45
lol, I didn't expect to get any official info regarding the patent at the moment but here you are!
Activity: 322
i feel, this a good on the future  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: