Author

Topic: Newbie restrictions - page 311. (Read 442041 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
June 21, 2011, 04:24:43 PM
I have made posts to the other forums before and suddenly the "new topic" link is gone. Was my rank degraded somehow?
Activity: 4
June 21, 2011, 04:11:53 PM
To get my 5 post I vote for exclude the "Techical Support Forum" from the newbie rules.
Activity: 6
June 21, 2011, 04:10:33 PM
To add to the above, I dont wish to be malevolent, but this being my fifth post and the 'refresh every' firefox plugin bringing me a 4 hr continuous session, my membership is now secured.

I cant imagine a spammer would find it much more difficult  Shocked
Activity: 11
June 21, 2011, 03:55:08 PM
i have accounts to many forums in the internet but this restriction to the newbie section is very new to me. I wish the forum admins would think twice about it.
BGL
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
June 21, 2011, 03:27:44 PM
Don't worry this post isn't just to increase my post count even though i've been "logged in: 13 hours and 50 minutes." & this is my 5th post Smiley
Activity: 26
June 21, 2011, 02:57:16 PM
I understand the need for the new policy, and hope it will achieve the desired effect.

By 'desired effect', I mean increasing the signal-to-noise ratio in the main forum.

Just wanted to clarify that.

Right, as long as the noise is limited to the newbies forum it keeps the main forums much cleaner without all the crap posts like 90% of the stuff in here.  You gotta do what you gotta do.

Yes but doesn't the requirement of having a certain number of posts in the noob forum before posting elsewhere cause the noob section to have this prevalence of worthless posts (much like the one that I just wrote here)?  ;\   ....but of course.
Activity: 28
June 21, 2011, 02:51:25 PM
I don't like all the waiting
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 21, 2011, 02:04:22 PM
Thanks for the info!
June 21, 2011, 01:30:01 PM
Aha, i wondered what was goin on! Thanks
June 21, 2011, 01:23:18 PM
I've always liked the number 5. So much better than 4.

Apologies for going off topic, but it just had to be said.
June 21, 2011, 01:18:28 PM
Bitcoin newbie here!
Activity: 4
June 21, 2011, 12:46:34 PM
I'm new to this whole Bit Mining thing.  Perhaps I jumped in a little to late.  I made my first BTC the other day and sold it for like $18.xx and then MTGox got nailed.  Fun times. 

June 21, 2011, 12:37:44 PM
I understand the need for the new policy, and hope it will achieve the desired effect.

By 'desired effect', I mean increasing the signal-to-noise ratio in the main forum.

Right, as long as the noise is limited to the newbies forum it keeps the main forums much cleaner without all the crap posts like 90% of the stuff in here.  You gotta do what you gotta do.

Hi jojobeans, welcome to the forum.

I quite agree.
June 21, 2011, 12:34:09 PM

June 21, 2011, 12:31:38 PM

Activity: 14
June 21, 2011, 12:29:23 PM
Increadibly annoying.
 For sure I understand why it needs to be done, but still it sux...

Ditto that.  And yes, this post adds nothing, but I don't have much to say in the newb forums.  Tongue
June 21, 2011, 12:29:05 PM
Activity: 42
June 21, 2011, 08:42:41 AM
Increadibly annoying.
 For sure I understand why it needs to be done, but still it sux...
Activity: 2
June 21, 2011, 08:14:24 AM
I'm sure nobody really cares what newbies post in this section. Just in case someone does here goes.

I first discovered Bitcoins a few days ago, from a Facebook link.
I'm not a techie person, but I do have an interest in money creation, after all we are taught
at school to try hard, get good results, get a good job so you can earn decent money.
So it seems that the whole of western humanity is based around getting this stuff called money.
Having spent my life trying to accumulate enough of it, so I have the freedom to choose what I
do with my time, I started to question the whole concept of money.

No-one at school taught me anything about it's creation or distribution. It turns out all money is debt
and is backed by nothing more than faith and is constantly depreciating due to more of it being created.
It is controlled by a few, behind a wall of secrecy. In short it doesn't sound like a very good system for
the many.

Bitcoins however seems such an elegant solution that can facilitate the exchange of goods and services
between individuals. I like the idea of how it is created, through the combination of work/effort and cost.
I like the fact that there is a known quantity and an uncertain rate of discovery and the rarer they become
the harder it is to create them. It is also interesting to see the birth of ideas surrounding Bitcoins.

Purchasing them however is quite difficult and risky at the moment it seems. Mining them is not really an
option unless you are a bit of a geek. So the method of acquisition that seems to fit my needs is purchasing
a mining contract. Hopefully now I've posted I'll be able to contact the member that offers this service.

I'm also interested in business model generation and Bitcoins is the best business model I have seen so far,
assuming the creator has ket a few for himself ;-)
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
June 21, 2011, 08:04:33 AM
This makes sense, it is a really good idea, although annoying Tongue
Jump to: