Author

Topic: Newbie restrictions - page 320. (Read 442041 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
June 16, 2011, 11:08:06 PM
1 down 4 to go then..
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
June 16, 2011, 09:47:25 PM
Good idea, but now I have to think of 5 things to post about before I can ask a question in the "real" forum, I guess its only 4 now.

You can always post it in a topic here and then PM one of the newbie section moderators or me to move it elsewhere if it's good.
Activity: 302
Merit: 250
June 16, 2011, 09:29:12 PM
Good idea, but now I have to think of 5 things to post about before I can ask a question in the "real" forum, I guess its only 4 now.
Activity: 10
June 16, 2011, 09:24:38 PM
The post count restriction thing is something I've never encountered.  If I ever have a client that wants a message board, there's no way I'd implement that.  Verify an email address and do bans!  I have what I think is a very simple question about XenlandMining pool.  I almost have it working - one of the cron jobs is trying to connect to something called Bitcoind.

I don't know if I need to install Bitcoind and would like to ask, but no one will ever see this question since I'm in the newbie caste.
June 16, 2011, 08:01:54 PM
so all the spam gone to the newbies section^^
Activity: 6
June 16, 2011, 06:27:05 PM
excellent idea, hopefully keeps the spamming/trolling to a minimum.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
June 16, 2011, 05:50:55 PM
As a new user I approve

I just wish I had made an account when I spent 3 hours reading forum posts last night...
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
June 16, 2011, 05:34:03 PM
The "online time" is time actively browsing the forum. Use the time to read old topics. Maybe you can read all of Satoshi's old posts: they're very interesting.
Activity: 69
June 16, 2011, 05:32:26 PM
OK i think i have just said that 4 hours isnt much. and ... ok yes its hard very hard to get counter to 4 hours Undecided seriously? Congratulations about your time counter btw.
i heard somewhere it's not just 5 posts you need, i have more than 5.. but you need to be 'logged in' for at least 4 hours.. if you look at the top on the left, under your username, should tell you the total time logged in.. i'm up to 2 and a half hours only Undecided

thanks for pointing out where to see the total logged in time.

LOL, how do they calculate that shit?  I've been here for days and it tells me I've been logged in only a matter of minutes.

I even left my account logged in overnight on the forum.  They must mean 4 hours of continuous posting or something.  Sounds like they want MORE spam, but just confine it to one board.

Seriously? I would go for triple face palm or even a facepalm within a facepalm within a facepalm.

EDIT:

I have done some research as it was mentioned above. And its true. Its hard to bare but for us Newbies is true. You have to "like" write post for 4 hours. Sad I have an idea. give me feedback on it please what do you think?

As we are all Newbies here. We can trick the system. Lets take a book. and write each day or continously in the writing window in post reply, and then delete it and post something short. so they wont know that you were using some kind of trick,and they dont tell that you where retyping books, to outsmart them? What do you think? Ill think ill go for it now. Good luck to us all.
Activity: 14
June 16, 2011, 05:26:04 PM
i heard somewhere it's not just 5 posts you need, i have more than 5.. but you need to be 'logged in' for at least 4 hours.. if you look at the top on the left, under your username, should tell you the total time logged in.. i'm up to 2 and a half hours only Undecided
Activity: 69
June 16, 2011, 05:20:23 PM
No wonder. Everybody wants to have easy money i mean "easy". Its some how looks similiar to MMO games ... have coinz ... gimme coinz plizzz. But instead .. where is miner what is bitcoin what to buy where to buy where is te lowest price, when to farm, etc etc i think you know well what am I saying. For me similiar. Thats the point in restricting few of them get borred of waiting 4 hours and they probably will post 1 (one) post in the whitelisted section. OMG im so pro player let me in, but insted i have been lurking shhould be I have ben trolling so much please let me in.

Its a good way to stop those damn troles, In my opinion as a Newbie 4 hours is not enough and 4 post ... should be 10 at least, with more charracters than .. let me in pliz i have to post something.

June 16, 2011, 05:18:55 PM
Well done
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
June 16, 2011, 05:18:00 PM
Sounds good to me.
Activity: 10
June 16, 2011, 05:08:29 PM
Except now I have to make empty messages of content to get those 5 posts created so i can really post where i want hah...

heh, yea i am usually a lurker as well.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
June 16, 2011, 04:33:09 PM
I've participated in lots of forums and I've never seen newbie restrictions this draconian before.  It's not like forum spam is unique to bitcoin.
Few communities revolve around something as complicated as Bitcoin.
Activity: 255
Merit: 250
June 16, 2011, 04:32:06 PM
The forums have been pretty slow to load / unable to load often in the last 3 weeks I've been reading - is it the huge influx of new users or something else?
Activity: 14
June 16, 2011, 04:27:18 PM
if only we could start an uprising!!!

ahh wait, this is the internet.. and arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics..
June 16, 2011, 04:13:11 PM
I've participated in lots of forums and I've never seen newbie restrictions this draconian before.  It's not like forum spam is unique to bitcoin.
June 16, 2011, 04:03:32 PM
What if the Newbie forum fills with spam? What are us newbies to do then?

I think it's almost gaurenteed that the forums will get some spam - even if it's just so we newbies can get enough posts so that we can post on the main boards Smiley
Activity: 32
June 16, 2011, 03:53:52 PM
What if the Newbie forum fills with spam? What are us newbies to do then?
Jump to: