Pages:
Author

Topic: Newbies can now pay a small fee to enable images - page 3. (Read 54330 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Hi sorry for this question but,

Can Copper members have a signature?
After the Copper membership goes away in which rank I will be?
administrator
Activity: 5166
Merit: 12850
I just want to ask, Does the bitcoin address for paying copper member-generated one is to one account so if ever I'll pay for it you will know that I'm the one who avails for the copper member and automatic it will be credited on my Bitcointalk account? I just want to make it clear sorry for asking  Grin Grin Grin

Yes, though they do eventually expire (after many months), so you shouldn't write it down and use it in a year or something crazy like that.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
I just want to ask, Does the bitcoin address for paying copper member-generated one is to one account so if ever I'll pay for it you will know that I'm the one who avails for the copper member and automatic it will be credited on my Bitcointalk account? I just want to make it clear sorry for asking  Grin Grin Grin
Yes, each user will get a unique address [as stated on the "Paid memberships" page]:

We are commonly asked how we know that you sent a payment. The address above was newly generated just for you, so when any BTC is sent to it, we will know to credit it to your account. It is all automatic.
Activity: 77
Merit: 5
I just want to ask, Does the bitcoin address for paying copper member-generated one is to one account so if ever I'll pay for it you will know that I'm the one who avails for the copper member and automatic it will be credited on my Bitcointalk account? I just want to make it clear sorry for asking  Grin Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
<…>
Your profiles displays as a Copper Member, so you should be able to see them. Make sure that your image does not exceed the maximum size (2,5 Mb I believe), and that the syntax used to enclose your image is adequate; something like this:
Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/YourImage.png[/img]

Or a more parametrized version (position and size are adjustable):

[left][img width=1000 height=500]https://i.imgur.com/YourImage.png[/img][/left]
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1069
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Hi, I am trying to post a new topic in Announcements (Altcoins) but can't seem to see images in the message preview, although I am a Copper member.

You need to fill a form after transaction confirmation. Have you done that?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=credit;promote
copper member
Activity: 3
Merit: 61
Hi, I am trying to post a new topic in Announcements (Altcoins) but can't seem to see images in the message preview, although I am a Copper member.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 578
Hello, I need help to understand how is possible that someone has above 350 activity in the last 6-7 months, and no merit at all.
There are no guaranteed merits to be earned if someone's activity reaches a certain amount of time as long as nothing wouldn't give merit on his posts he can't get merit at all even it reaches a thousand activity.

And, is there any limitations for buying copper badge? (Limitation in number of posts)
There are no limitations, even a user has 0 posts or just Brand New member he can buy it. See examples below of users that buy the membership but has 0 posts, it's just so weird they just buy it by and just leave it, anyways I don't know the reason behind it, I just give you an example.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/ckas-1375420
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/ggex-1376189
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/sk00-1254044
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
<...>
Number of posts are not limited, regardless of your rank and whether you are a Copper Member or not. There is a cooldown time between posts in accordance to this formula, which is related to the Activity you have (the 360 figure is in seconds):

<…>
Code:
waittime = 360;
if(activity >= 15)
        waittime = (int)(90 - activity);
if(activity >= 60)
        waittime=(int)(34.7586 - (0.0793103 * activity));
if(activity >= 100)
        waittime = max((int)(14-(activity/50)), 4);

If someone has gathered 350 Activity in the last 6 to 7 months (in the maximum range than can be obtained in that period) and has earned 0 merits, it likely means that he not making contributions that are noticeable in any way, or that he is posting in sections that are extremely scarce on merit (*), or spam megathreads.

(*) i.e. Chinese, Romanian, Korean, Scandinavian (see https://public.tableau.com/shared/WHQRPTC37?:display_count=yes&:origin=viz_share_link)
Activity: 26
Merit: 1
Hello, I need help to understand how is possible that someone has above 350 activity in the last 6-7 months, and no merit at all. And, is there any limitations for buying copper badge? (Limitation in number of posts)

Thank you!
copper member
Buy and sell Bitcoin >> Rate : 3%
How do i know i m Copper Member? i already paid but i dont see any badge on my profil

If your transaction has already been confirmed, revisit this website and select 'Copper' from the drop-down menu. Once you do it, you should see 'Copper Member' under your nickname.

Thank you very much. Smiley Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131
How do i know i m Copper Member? i already paid but i dont see any badge on my profil

If your transaction has already been confirmed, revisit this website and select 'Copper' from the drop-down menu. Once you do it, you should see 'Copper Member' under your nickname.
copper member
Buy and sell Bitcoin >> Rate : 3%
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
I think it's hard to get 90 merit.
Well, you're not supposed to get merit easy, that's the whole point of merit system. Otherwise every random spammer wouldn't have any problems to get merits and rank up. And you don't need to do something extraordinary to get merits. There is over 750 users who had received at least 100 merits, so I don't think it's something very difficult.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
We need more merit if we are a Copper Member... it doesn't seems logic but ok.
All Full Members need 100 Merit. A Member has 10 Merit already, that's why he only needs 90 more.

That's intentional.
We can add image but not avatar ?
Correct.
It's like you buy the Member rank, and avatar you can wear when you are Full Member. The difference is if you are a Member rank you need 90 merit to reach the Full Member (not taking the activity into account here as it's just a matter of time) but for a Copper Member (if you buy it when you register your account like you) you need to get 100 merit.

We need more merit if we are a Copper Member... it doesn't seems logic but ok.

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
Correct.
It's like you buy the Member rank, and avatar you can wear when you are Full Member. The difference is if you are a Member rank you need 90 merit to reach the Full Member (not taking the activity into account here as it's just a matter of time) but for a Copper Member (if you buy it when you register your account like you) you need to get 100 merit.
Activity: 560
Merit: 14
Copper membership is a good idea for those who intend to put on an image to join bounties without merit. Thanks for introducing this ``Copper membership'' to consider those that can not wait for merit system.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
I just want to ask, I am a newbie, can I join some bounties like social media bounty, translation and blog bounties? Even I am not a copper member?

I guess these altcoin campaigns are waste of your time.

Most of them are but not all are waste of your time. Some well established projects in the community today did do bounty campaigns at some point. You just have to be smart and selective when choosing a bounty to join and not join every bounty you see out there. Joining one that have a well reputed campaign manager, realistic project idea and achievable goals can put you in the right track.
Pages:
Jump to: