Pages:
Author

Topic: Next level Bitcoin stress test -- June 29-30 13:00 GMT 2015 - page 14. (Read 16034 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
They haven't.
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
They have a bit of headstart with this backlog. They must have started the test by now. Let's see if everything works out this time
legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
This will certainly delay normal transactions. Results from last test show that 0.0001BTC per kb transaction on average took 9 blocks (~90 minutes) to confirm.
Really?  I went on with business as usual during your last pointless DoS attempt by spam, using my standard fee of 0.00002 BTC/kB, one fifth of yours.  All my transactions confirmed with no delays.  This is of course normal non-spammy transactions with normal sized outputs using oldish inputs, so I guess the priority of my transactions were a few orders of magnitude above your spam.  This is true for most non-spammy transactions.  Have a closer look at the delayed transactions.  It is probably just other spam delayed by your spam.  But please spammers, empty your pockets before your gangrene eats the rest of your brains as well.  The miners deserve their fees.
Ah you're right. No block has been found for almost 40 minutes now.
Activity: 896
FYI :
1:00 PM Monday, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) is
2:00 PM Monday, Central European Time (CET)

Current time 2:14 CET

CET is GMT+2 instead.
It is 12:35 GMT (FYR: http://time.is/GMT) at this moment, so the test will start in 25 minute.
number of unconfirmed transactions is growing
legendary
2 hours and 8 minutes to go.

All 32 server are ready and connected.

FYI :
1:00 PM Monday, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) is
2:00 PM Monday, Central European Time (CET)

Current time 2:14 CET
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
Cool, I enjoyed the last test, even though it failed.. By announcing, less people get trapped right before the test by sending with too low a fee.
legendary
Nothing to see here people, they've faked it again.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
I really hope that this isn't just some attention grabbing false claim.  I'm looking forward to seeing this, and I hope that you are able to actually keep up the volume and size (in bytes) of transactions that you say you are planning.

legendary
Can't wait..  Grin

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Everybody fasten your seat belts and get your popcorn yeeeaaahhhh  Grin
Looking forward to the results. Bring it coinwallet.eu!
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
I am just gonna ask why again?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
2 hours and 8 minutes to go.

All 32 server are ready and connected.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Where did you get this graph from?
Could you show it in a bigger time frame? It doesn't show, if such spikes are unusual.

Looking at this graph, I don't see anything unusual for the time of the stress test.:
https://blockchain.info/charts/transaction-fees
but that, isn't a good graph either.
I'd really love a site with better statistics, if somebody knows any.
I made it using data from http://btc.blockr.io/ with the help of google sheets https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LmBk8_5BqFVvMDLJ2EdhUvkyA_Nea4ZFKCE4jA-VsuA/edit?usp=sharing

Would be easy to make your own table and calculate to verify.
Thanks.
I was hoping for a more sophisticated tool. It is really a pain in the ass, to make a depper analysis this way.
Maybe I can hack something together. Still if somebody knows a better tool, that is already written, I would be very thankful for that.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
I think the community would be more open to the test if you explicitly stated in your announcements that this won't delay transactions which use higher fees, so people won't worry about whether they can send Bitcoin during the test.

I would be more open to the test, if in addition to announcing that higher fees are necessary he would reimburse those increased fees to everyone affected.

Imho the only reasons for doing another meaningless "stress test" on the public Bitcoin blockchain (and not on testnet) are attracting public attention for own services offered and/or manipulating market prices. Ask yourselves - why is he announcing the stress test at all? Doesn't that distort the results by people adapting in advance to increased transaction fees?

ya.ya.yo!

I think the community would be more open to the test if you explicitly stated in your announcements that this won't delay transactions which use higher fees, so people won't worry about whether they can send Bitcoin during the test.

This will certainly delay normal transactions. Results from last test show that 0.0001BTC per kb transaction on average took 9 blocks (~90 minutes) to confirm.

For quick confirmations a higher fee is the option.

Fair enough, I look forward to the results. Maybe you should edit your conclusions since right now it sounds like you're saying transactions will be delayed for over 200 blocks, which isnt true for most transactions. Will be business as usual for anyone that sends with a higher fee.

No, all I am saying is "backlog of transactions will be approximately 241 blocks".

High fee transaction will be business as usual for sure.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Thug for life!
Is pretty interesting to watch the blockhain action when the stress test begins and has is in progress, I'll be watching this one from the beginning.
Pages:
Jump to: