Author

Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come - page 188. (Read 785514 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Well nothing in crypto is a sure thing.  I agree that we eventually want to be on Poloniex and maybe Cryptsy but it needs to be at the right time.

Everything in crypto is a sure thing if the code is open-source.  Bitcoin is a transparent protocol --- nobody would use Bitcoin if they weren't sure that the next block would exist.

As for the "right time" to get onto more exchanges or open-source? With this one-man "development team" that appears to be never.  Which is the point of open-source.  As long as this protocol is not transparent there is very little this community can do to assist in development or marketing.

Can't help but feel you're more interested in something to stimulate price so you can dump coins for profit. Viz has engaged respectfully with you in discussions about your concerns yet you continue to make negative remarks towards him. From my point of view distribution is a more pressing concern than additional exchanges, what is really needed and has been talked about much previously is a gpu pool. The source code has been made available privately for bittrex to review I see no reason why this would not also be the case for cryptsy and polo if they were interested. If Viz wants some time to patent the LLL which he has spent much time developing then I have no issue waiting for that, I would prefer however to see some development on software front for example, there are a few small bugs in the latest release of the miners, there is no staking android wallet and a gpu pool would help with distribution.

Dumping coins is not in my interest.  Market-making, yes.  That is the only meaningful contribution a community can make to a cryptocurrency that is closed-source and centrally controlled by one individual.

It is not negative to repeat the very clear facts that Videlicet already verified are true.

So then let me ask you then, what would you personally be able to contribute to this Project IF it were open-sourced? You continually imply that this is all we need, so instead of continual criticism (lately) tell us how and why.  And please don't say we will get more investors because we are on Poloniex.  Ethereum and Bitshares were the top coins over there and now look at where the price went.  Also, I acknowledge that you have held this position for quite some time. 

Thank you for asking.

1) I would contribute code review.  I would analyze protocol line-by-line and help to raise concerns about vulnerabilities in code.  Currently, the code could be completely vulnerable and insecure due to closed-source nature

2) I would share repository with others to bring about further developer interest in blockchain technology

3) I would start a blog/web page to help others understand the underlying code of Nexus with explanations and links to repository

4) I would leverage connections with many professionals in Bitcoin trading arena to expand market adoption, such as exchanges and wallet services
Activity: 339
Merit: 266
Advancing Liberty Through Blockchain

Well nothing in crypto is a sure thing.  I agree that we eventually want to be on Poloniex and maybe Cryptsy but it needs to be at the right time.

Everything in crypto is a sure thing if the code is open-source.  Bitcoin is a transparent protocol --- nobody would use Bitcoin if they weren't sure that the next block would exist.

As for the "right time" to get onto more exchanges or open-source? With this one-man "development team" that appears to be never.  Which is the point of open-source.  As long as this protocol is not transparent there is very little this community can do to assist in development or marketing.

Can't help but feel you're more interested in something to stimulate price so you can dump coins for profit. Viz has engaged respectfully with you in discussions about your concerns yet you continue to make negative remarks towards him. From my point of view distribution is a more pressing concern than additional exchanges, what is really needed and has been talked about much previously is a gpu pool. The source code has been made available privately for bittrex to review I see no reason why this would not also be the case for cryptsy and polo if they were interested. If Viz wants some time to patent the LLL which he has spent much time developing then I have no issue waiting for that, I would prefer however to see some development on software front for example, there are a few small bugs in the latest release of the miners, there is no staking android wallet and a gpu pool would help with distribution.

Dumping coins is not in my interest.  Market-making, yes.  That is the only meaningful contribution a community can make to a cryptocurrency that is closed-source and centrally controlled by one individual.

It is not negative to repeat the very clear facts that Videlicet already verified are true.

So then let me ask you then, what would you personally be able to contribute to this Project IF it were open-sourced? You continually imply that this is all we need, so instead of continual criticism (lately) tell us how and why.  And please don't say we will get more investors because we are on Poloniex.  Ethereum and Bitshares were the top coins over there and now look at where the price went.  Also, I acknowledge that you have held this position for quite some time. 
Activity: 318
Merit: 250

Poloniex and Cryptsy or bust.  We want volume and  exposure, and Poloniex is now considered the go-to exchange for legitimate cryptocurrencies since Bittrex has hosted so many scam ICOs.

I agree, Trex is a scammers paradise.  Polo is a must, sooner rather than later.

Still waiting for the wallet update............

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000

http://nexusoft.io/

Thanks you, Steven Waldenberg, for this new update on official Nexus web page Smiley

More to come

We are Nexus

looks good, how about new logo contest?

That's a waste of time.  It would be better to get this coin on new exchanges.  What are your favorite exchanges?

Ok, instead of real and doable logo contest feel free to to list NIRO on:
simplefx
gemini
btc-e
okcoin
and maybe poloniex

That should be enough for start.
PM me when you do this and I will send you more exchanges.

We just did a logo contest a few months ago, that's how we got the logo we have.

As for exchanges, I think it would be better to start reaching out to them by the development team (and I am happy to help) to have NIRO listed.  Poloniex and Cryptsy would be good to start, but I'm open to real suggestions such as Bleutrade.  I just don't know those smaller exchanges very well.

I believe that KryptoKash reached out to at least Poloniex in the past and they might have wanted to wait until the code was open sourced.  He also may have reached out to Cryptsy.  I agree different folks frequent different exchanges; however, that is not always a home run.  It may not necessarily increase value or interest.  But additional exchanges could increase visibility. Liquidity is also important so getting on too many exchanges may not be beneficial.  We recently discussed maybe trying to get on some smaller exchanges such as Cryptopia for now.

Poloniex and Cryptsy or bust.  We want volume and  exposure, and Poloniex is now considered the go-to exchange for legitimate cryptocurrencies since Bittrex has hosted so many scam ICOs.

Well nothing in crypto is a sure thing.  I agree that we eventually want to be on Poloniex and maybe Cryptsy but it needs to be at the right time.

Thanks you, Steven Waldenberg, for this new update on official Nexus web page Smiley

More to come

We are Nexus

That's a waste of time.  It would be better to get this coin on new exchanges.  What are your favorite exchanges?

simplefx
gemini
btc-e
okcoin
and maybe poloniex

We just did a logo contest a few months ago, that's how we got the logo we have.

As for exchanges, I think it would be better to start reaching out to them by the development team (and I am happy to help) to have NIRO listed.  Poloniex and Cryptsy would be good to start, but I'm open to real suggestions such as Bleutrade.  I just don't know those smaller exchanges very well.

I believe that KryptoKash reached out to at least Poloniex in the past and they might have wanted to wait until the code was open sourced.  He also may have reached out to Cryptsy.  I agree different folks frequent different exchanges; however, that is not always a home run.  It may not necessarily increase value or interest.  But additional exchanges could increase visibility. Liquidity is also important so getting on too many exchanges may not be beneficial.  We recently discussed maybe trying to get on some smaller exchanges such as Cryptopia for now.

More to come

We are Nexus

That's a waste of time.  It would be better to get this coin on new exchanges.  What are your favorite exchanges?

simplefx
gemini
btc-e
okcoin
and maybe poloniex

As for exchanges, I think it would be better to start reaching out to them by the development team (and I am happy to help) to have NIRO listed.  Poloniex and Cryptsy would be good to start, but I'm open to real suggestions such as Bleutrade.  I just don't know those smaller exchanges very well.

I believe that KryptoKash reached out to at least Poloniex in the past and they might have wanted to wait until the code was open sourced.  He also may have reached out to Cryptsy.  I agree different folks frequent different exchanges; however, that is not always a home run.  It may not necessarily increase value or interest.  But additional exchanges could increase visibility. Liquidity is also important so getting on too many exchanges may not be beneficial.  We recently discussed maybe trying to get on some smaller exchanges such as Cryptopia for now.

More to come

We are Nexus

That's a waste of time.  It would be better to get this coin on new exchanges.  What are your favorite exchanges?

simplefx
gemini
btc-e
okcoin
and maybe poloniex

As for exchanges, I think it would be better to start reaching out to them by the development team (and I am happy to help) to have NIRO listed.  Poloniex and Cryptsy would be good to start, but I'm open to real suggestions such as Bleutrade.  I just don't know those smaller exchanges very well.

Yep Polo and Cryptsy are great targets.
But that does not make Nexus logo less ugly Cheesy
Seriously, it is very bad logo in eyes of everybody with eyes...

As I asked previously in response to your comment about the logo, what don't you like about it and how would you change it to make it better?  I don't think it is that bad.  I think the background may not be the best but overall the lettering looks fine to me.
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite

More to come

We are Nexus

simplefx
gemini
btc-e
okcoin
and maybe poloniex

Yep Polo and Cryptsy are great targets.
But that does not make Nexus logo less ugly Cheesy
Seriously, it is very bad logo in eyes of everybody with eyes...

More to come

We are Nexus

Why would that be good? Have you ever seen that work out for the better? Especially in the long run?

Do I really have to explain why getting a coin listed on other exchanges is good for exposure and network investment?

More to come

We are Nexus

simplefx
gemini
btc-e
okcoin
and maybe poloniex

legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite

More to come

We are Nexus

simplefx
gemini
btc-e
okcoin
and maybe poloniex

Why would that be good? Have you ever seen that work out for the better? Especially in the long run?

I'm sorta in the same boat. Nexus is bucking the trends by doing it's own thing. Last thing it needs is for greedy day traders to get their mits on the coin..

Although the arbitrage will help stabilise the price.. Not that the price isn't already stable.

Its such early days that I really honestly think theres no need to waste time or effort on getting Nexus Niro listed on other exchanges.

Once the coin goes open source, then let the floodgates open. Hit up every single exchange from btc-e to your local exchanges which list btc/ltc only. (Looking at you https://btcmarkets.net/)

Nexus is doing nothing.  What are you talking about?  Bucking trends?  Sitting at 470 satoshis on one exchange, nobody talking about it because it's closed source worthless tokens right now.  

Greedy traders?  Like those greedy traders invested in DASH or LTC or BTC?  How do you think people actually *invest* in a network when it's only available on one exchange and not everyone has infrastructure to mine?

SMH.
Activity: 291
Merit: 106
Founder #Zerozed $x0z

I'm sorta in the same boat. Nexus is bucking the trends by doing it's own thing. Last thing it needs is for greedy day traders to get their mits on the coin..

Although the arbitrage will help stabilise the price.. Not that the price isn't already stable.

Its such early days that I really honestly think theres no need to waste time or effort on getting Nexus Niro listed on other exchanges.

Once the coin goes open source, then let the floodgates open. Hit up every single exchange from btc-e to your local exchanges which list btc/ltc only. (Looking at you https://btcmarkets.net/)
Activity: 585
Merit: 500

More to come

We are Nexus

Activity: 291
Merit: 106
Founder #Zerozed $x0z

More to come

We are Nexus

More to come

We are Nexus

Do you mean the Bitcointalk signature contest?  That will hopefully be getting under way soon.  We are currently reviewing the post and providing feedback to Razerglass. 

I think the logo is pretty well set.  It was done by a graphic designer.  If that is what you mean, what is it that you don't like about the logo?
Jump to: