Author

Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come - page 284. (Read 785514 times)

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000
Hello,

I've reviewed the (closed-source) code for this wallet. The source has been radically restructured which makes my traditional review format basically impossible. However, skimming over the code it appears to be of fairly good quality (except for the compiler warnings) and I've not found anything that looked exploitable or malicious. Note that because of the amount of radical changes, I can't promise anything, but I've looked it over and thought it looks good and secure with no obvious issues.

Thanks earlz.  I can't say I'm surprised.  If you've ever spoken with Videlicet or seen his input on this forum regarding other people's code, it's pretty obvious he's a very smart developer.  He's implementing a lot of new features that haven't been seen in crypto before, and in doing so is writing a whole new layer of code.  It's actually quite exciting! 

The hard work you guys are putting in is going to pay off soon enough.  Wink Keep up the good work Viz & KryptoKash!
legendary
Activity: 1512
quarkchain.io
We are back online , Cheers Smiley
Activity: 439
Merit: 250
mmmmmm
Hello,

I've reviewed the (closed-source) code for this wallet. The source has been radically restructured which makes my traditional review format basically impossible. However, skimming over the code it appears to be of fairly good quality (except for the compiler warnings) and I've not found anything that looked exploitable or malicious. Note that because of the amount of radical changes, I can't promise anything, but I've looked it over and thought it looks good and secure with no obvious issues.

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io
So it is fixed now? You are speaking in past tense.  Wink

Thank You,
Viz.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Is your wallet.dat encrypted?

And the security as of now is essentially the same as keeping your cash in a shoebox [encrypted wallet is like a safe] - if someone breaks into your house they can steal it. The holding security against such issues will be solved with the Coinshield Exchange, in which there will be many options to store your money in a safe location - with a physical face and business to verify.

Thank You,
Viz.
No, its not encrypted . I could not open my wallet and it drove me crazy.
legendary
Is your wallet.dat encrypted?

And the security as of now is essentially the same as keeping your cash in a shoebox [encrypted wallet is like a safe] - if someone breaks into your house they can steal it. The holding security against such issues will be solved with the Coinshield Exchange, in which there will be many options to store your money in a safe location - with a physical face and business to verify.

Thank You,
Viz.
Try to clear your appdata [leave wallet.dat]. Then open again - does it have the same issue?

Thank You,
Viz.
still crashed Cry , I had tried serveral times.

Whenever that happens for me or whenever I get a new version of the wallet I save my wallet.dat to another location.

I completely remove the CoinShield AppData folder.

I then remove any and all versions of the CoinShield wallet from my system.

Then I get and start the new version of the wallet and close it before it starts syncing.

Then I replace the wallet.dat in the CoinShield AppData folder with a copy of my backup wallet.dat.

Finally I open the new version again and let it sync.

This always works for me.

This is actually the process I do with every crypto currency wallet and I never have issues.

I know it's a long process but it's better then trying small fixes and constantly getting errors Wink .

I know that im the minority but i still hope my property(CSD coins) got protected as same as my USD in bank. Honestly , one of the main reason why BTC ship started to sink is that the BTC itself is not that as secure as USD in my opinion with disasters such as MTGOX Mintpal in recent months. Anyway, im one of the first group of miners in CSD , i hope thatt it could be a success.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Try to clear your appdata [leave wallet.dat]. Then open again - does it have the same issue?

Thank You,
Viz.

Whenever that happens for me or whenever I get a new version of the wallet I save my wallet.dat to another location.

I completely remove the CoinShield AppData folder.

I then remove any and all versions of the CoinShield wallet from my system.

Then I get and start the new version of the wallet and close it before it starts syncing.

Then I replace the wallet.dat in the CoinShield AppData folder with a copy of my backup wallet.dat.

Finally I open the new version again and let it sync.

This always works for me.

This is actually the process I do with every crypto currency wallet and I never have issues.

I know it's a long process but it's better then trying small fixes and constantly getting errors Wink .

Thank You,
Viz.
Activity: 365
?
but crashed in my old fat wallet.dat , i got nearly 80,000 csd cuz i kept mining for over 4 month. OMG......dont tell me i cant open my wallt again forever Undecided
Are you selling this amount of 80k , I have an interest to buy, PM me ...
Let me open my wallet first for GOD's sake. Cry

@go6ooo1212 let him open the fire safe first  Grin
legendary

Thank You,
Viz.
got run time error in windows 1.02  Undecided WTF
Win 8.1 pro 64bit - no issue to me
I'm also running on both win8.1 and linux with miners connected to it, and no problems yet.
yup, i run it smoothly with new "wallet.dat(about 100kb)" but crashed in my old fat wallet.dat , i got nearly 80,000 csd cuz i kept mining for over 4 month. OMG......dont tell me i cant open my wallt again forever Undecided
Let me open my wallet first for GOD's sake. Cry
legendary
quarkchain.io
I'm also running on both win8.1 and linux with miners connected to it, and no problems yet.
yup, i run it smoothly with new "wallet.dat(about 100kb)" but crashed in my old fat wallet.dat , i got nearly 80,000 csd cuz i kept mining for over 4 month. OMG......dont tell me i cant open my wallt again forever Undecided
got run time error in windows 1.02  Undecided WTF

PS: my debug.log is about 2.32GB and i cant open it with .txt . Can that be the reason why i got crashes ?
Activity: 291
Activity: 518
Merit: 275
If you fail...just dont fail again
got run time error in windows 1.02  Undecided WTF
I'll let Viz know about your post on this thread....but for a faster response please post here: http://coinshieldtalk.org/forum/coin/technical-support

Thanks Smiley
Activity: 92
Merit: 10

Win 7 64BIT OK and Win 8.1 64BIT OK for me!
legendary
quarkchain.io
Jump to: