Author

Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come - page 286. (Read 785514 times)

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io

POS is the third block production channel along with the CPU and GPU.
It will be activating in Core 1.0.3.

Thank You,
Viz.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Activity: 260
Merit: 100
I can set up a Pool if someone can point me to the source

Also a miner that supports the cgminer API so I can run it from cgwatcher..?? Cheesy

That's a good suggestion Smiley .

I'll work on Implementing that after I finish my current update that makes the miner easier to use for new users.

It takes a lot of the guess work and frustration out for setting up the miner for different AMD card types.
CSD total supply 94.3 %  (data from wallet )
maybe we need pos ? or anonymous  features ?

Supply will level out at around 99.9%. POS is coming in update 1.0.3. The reason it has taken so long to deplete the reserves - is so that it can be the fairest distribution possible for the GPU channel - giving plenty of time for many different miners to enjoy full block rewards.

More features to come,
Viz.

I wanted to say that miners work ok (cpu and gpu)  , and very soon will not need miners, in next 15 - 20 days is no more coins to mine.  
especially GPU miner, diff is 20 to 37, and someone like me with one  one r9 270x  can no longer find bloks , (bloks is only someone with 4x 280 at diff 20 and more )
I see that it will soon need a pos
correct me if I'm wrong

You will be able to mine forever, the supply being at 95% means that the total circulation is 95% of the time released supply to this current moment, the maximum coins to be produced will not exceed 100 million, and there are only 8.8 million in circulation right now.

I can get a GPU pool up soon so you can still get some CSD Smiley
Viz.

So did I get this right that CSD will eventually turn to full POS? If so, when?
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
When I was mined with 2 x 270x in rig, its 2 to 5 bloks / 24h (diff 7  - to 18 )
Now i have one 270x and diiff is 13 - 35 , and i find max 1 blok /24h ,  sometimes 1 blok/ 3 day.
variable hashrate :
[METERS] 15729.929338 KHash/s | Height = 131322
[METERS] 18396.070175 KHash/s | Height = 131322
[METERS] 17199.840656 KHash/s | Height = 131322
[MASTER] Coinshield Network | New Block 131323
[METERS] 16124.727045 KHash/s | Height = 131323
[METERS] 18484.512821 KHash/s | Height = 131323
[METERS] 17439.751275 KHash/s | Height = 131323
[MASTER] Coinshield Network | New Block 131324
[MASTER] Coinshield Network | New Block 131325
[METERS] 15433.908140 KHash/s | Height = 131325
[METERS] 18363.699011 KHash/s | Height = 131325
[METERS] 17136.192739 KHash/s | Height = 131325
[MASTER] Coinshield Network | New Block 131326
[METERS] 15979.624317 KHash/s | Height = 131326
[METERS] 18324.971265 KHash/s | Height = 131326

I think your hash rate should be higher with a 270x. I've made an observation regarding to miner performance here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9991629 . Check it out, it may help.

Activity: 466
When I was mined with 2 x 270x in rig, its 2 to 5 bloks / 24h (diff 7  - to 18 )
Now i have one 270x and diiff is 13 - 35 , and i find max 1 blok /24h ,  sometimes 1 blok/ 3 day.
variable hashrate :
[METERS] 15729.929338 KHash/s | Height = 131322
[METERS] 18396.070175 KHash/s | Height = 131322
[METERS] 17199.840656 KHash/s | Height = 131322
[MASTER] Coinshield Network | New Block 131323
[METERS] 16124.727045 KHash/s | Height = 131323
[METERS] 18484.512821 KHash/s | Height = 131323
[METERS] 17439.751275 KHash/s | Height = 131323
[MASTER] Coinshield Network | New Block 131324
[MASTER] Coinshield Network | New Block 131325
[METERS] 15433.908140 KHash/s | Height = 131325
[METERS] 18363.699011 KHash/s | Height = 131325
[METERS] 17136.192739 KHash/s | Height = 131325
[MASTER] Coinshield Network | New Block 131326
[METERS] 15979.624317 KHash/s | Height = 131326
[METERS] 18324.971265 KHash/s | Height = 131326
Activity: 224

Also a miner that supports the cgminer API so I can run it from cgwatcher..?? Cheesy

I'll work on Implementing that after I finish my current update that makes the miner easier to use for new users.

It takes a lot of the guess work and frustration out for setting up the miner for different AMD card types.

Supply will level out at around 99.9%. POS is coming in update 1.0.3. The reason it has taken so long to deplete the reserves - is so that it can be the fairest distribution possible for the GPU channel - giving plenty of time for many different miners to enjoy full block rewards.

More features to come,
Viz.

I wanted to say that miners work ok (cpu and gpu)  , and very soon will not need miners, in next 15 - 20 days is no more coins to mine.  
especially GPU miner, diff is 20 to 37, and someone like me with one  one r9 270x  can no longer find bloks , (bloks is only someone with 4x 280 at diff 20 and more )
correct me if I'm wrong

What is your hashrate for the single R9 270x?

I'm finding plenty of blocks on my test rig using 3 x R9 270's and one HD 6970.

I also found 2 Blocks within ~2 hours with a single R9 290.
legendary

More features to come,
Viz.

correct me if I'm wrong

You will be able to mine forever, the supply being at 95% means that the total circulation is 95% of the time released supply to this current moment, the maximum coins to be produced will not exceed 100 million, and there are only 8.8 million in circulation right now.

I can get a GPU pool up soon so you can still get some CSD Smiley
Viz.

More features to come,
Viz.

correct me if I'm wrong
legendary

More features to come,
Viz.

Diff for GPU miners is high , for small miners is no sense for GPU minig, i im minig CPU on pool,  and after diff go over 15 my GPU is no chance to find blok.
Activity: 392
So much for "Community"
Hey everyone, please remember that in a moment of sheeply haste, the developers decided to get voluntarily delisted from the only exchange available.  Please take valuable time out of your day to download and sync the wallet, then send coins to your wallet so that they are not lost when the wallets are removed from the exchange. 
Activity: 224

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000
I had just set my buy orders when it was delisted!  I'm looking to buy a reasonable chunk of CSD, somewhere around 200-300k.  Price will be negotiable depending on volume available.  Please PM me if you have a sizable amount and are looking to cash out at a fair price.  I would prefer escrow or you send first (several people in this thread will I'm sure vouch for my authenticity here).

Paul
Bumping this, still looking to buy.  PM me or look me up in #coinshield (user paulscreen)
legendary

i think a useful option would be to be able to mine to a constant address.
that way one could only worry about keeping one key.

there are obvious benefits to both a constant/different address. so having both available may be beneficial. and would not require a fork so would be easy to introduce.

That's a good idea, I'll have that implemented in a later release.  Smiley

Thank You,
Viz.
legendary
Activity: 1204
to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

i think a useful option would be to be able to mine to a constant address.
that way one could only worry about keeping one key.

there are obvious benefits to both a constant/different address. so having both available may be beneficial. and would not require a fork so would be easy to introduce.
legendary
This weekend, Monday at latest.

Thank You,
Viz.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Activity: 318
Thanks for the answer to my question a few posts up Viz.

Also thanks for pointing out the need to back-up regularly. I was making a back-up every week.

Diff seems to have increased since CSD removal from coin-swap.
Activity: 820
I also have a question maybe somebody can help me repair wallet or atleast explain this puzzle to me. The situation is the following: previous versions of wallets crashed very often and the only way to make it work was resync. Yesterday it happened again and I also had to reinstall windows 7 64 cause some other reasons, being in a hurry I forgot to make a fresh copy of subdirectory Coinshield from roaming directory (I always copy the whole file not only wallet.dat) but I had one dated November 29. After reinstalling windows and resyncing wallet I found out that half of the coins are absent and there are only 900+ transactions instead of 1500+. The transactions from AMD GPU solomining stopped on December 15, but I was mining all the way till yesterday and found more than 600+ blocks and the coins were in my wallet and I was not hacked or something of the kind. I always checked the number of blocks on both machines so I dont think I was on the wrong chain or fork or what not. So almost a month I was mining to nowhere. Thanks in advance Huh

As Viz said, unfortunately you would have lost your coins.  By default 100 addresses are generated into the keypool when the wallet is first created and each mined block uses one of these addresses.  Over time the addresses in the keypool are used up and eventually it gets below a threshold and is restocked with new addresses.  Your backup would have contained whatever addresses were available in the keypool at that point, but if you mined more than 100 blocks then anything beyond what was in the pool at the point of the backup will no longer be in the backed up wallet.  That's why you can see some transactions after the backup date (those that used addresses already in the keypool), but nothing beyond the point that it ran out.  This highlights the importance of regular backups when mining, or forcing your keypool to be much larger (particularly if mining lots of blocks).  The latter approach can be done by launching the QT with -keypool=XXXX I believe.  Sorry buddy, that sucks balls.

So it's not enough to have a backup of the wallet.dat from any time but best to always have the most recent version backed up?
Correct.  The only time it is safe to keep a backup for a long time is if you are not using any of the new addresses from the keypool, i.e. by either mining or using "generate new address" a lot.  Back up regularly if you use your wallet frequently.
Activity: 260
I also have a question maybe somebody can help me repair wallet or atleast explain this puzzle to me. The situation is the following: previous versions of wallets crashed very often and the only way to make it work was resync. Yesterday it happened again and I also had to reinstall windows 7 64 cause some other reasons, being in a hurry I forgot to make a fresh copy of subdirectory Coinshield from roaming directory (I always copy the whole file not only wallet.dat) but I had one dated November 29. After reinstalling windows and resyncing wallet I found out that half of the coins are absent and there are only 900+ transactions instead of 1500+. The transactions from AMD GPU solomining stopped on December 15, but I was mining all the way till yesterday and found more than 600+ blocks and the coins were in my wallet and I was not hacked or something of the kind. I always checked the number of blocks on both machines so I dont think I was on the wrong chain or fork or what not. So almost a month I was mining to nowhere. Thanks in advance Huh

As Viz said, unfortunately you would have lost your coins.  By default 100 addresses are generated into the keypool when the wallet is first created and each mined block uses one of these addresses.  Over time the addresses in the keypool are used up and eventually it gets below a threshold and is restocked with new addresses.  Your backup would have contained whatever addresses were available in the keypool at that point, but if you mined more than 100 blocks then anything beyond what was in the pool at the point of the backup will no longer be in the backed up wallet.  That's why you can see some transactions after the backup date (those that used addresses already in the keypool), but nothing beyond the point that it ran out.  This highlights the importance of regular backups when mining, or forcing your keypool to be much larger (particularly if mining lots of blocks).  The latter approach can be done by launching the QT with -keypool=XXXX I believe.  Sorry buddy, that sucks balls.

So it's not enough to have a backup of the wallet.dat from any time but best to always have the most recent version backed up?
Jump to: