Author

Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come - page 319. (Read 785514 times)

Activity: 161
Merit: 100
Should not at betasharex, total buy/sell btc at betashare is 0.3 BTC per day.
This is not good for csd. Poloniex is great.

Great work guys, this coin has great potential if you can get it on some major exchanges.

BTER has great customer support and I have had zero issues with XPM trading on BTC-E.

Thank you, You're doing an awesome job yourself  Smiley.

As for exchanges:

We will be listed on http://betasharex.com/ within the next few days.

We are currently in discussions with poloniex, I'll keep you guys updated with the outcome.

If anyone in the community wants us on a specific exchange we ask that you email them (or submit a ticket) on our behalf and CC [email protected] (if ticket is submitted please include my email within the ticket).  We will gladly speak with any exchange regardless of their size.

Cheers,
KryptoKash
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
Stuck at the block 15257 for hours Huh WTF , what shall i do now

You should delete appdata, resync with add node in config file:
addnode=69.195.149.114
addnode=204.27.62.234
addnode=69.195.148.42
addnode=204.27.62.242
addnode=69.195.148.34
addnode=204.27.62.226
addnode=62.219.98.129

After syncing, diff should be 6.xx
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Stuck at the block 15257 for hours Huh WTF , what shall i do now
Activity: 518
Merit: 275
If you fail...just dont fail again
Great idea guys/gals ive been wtachign for quite some time to see how legit it is so i'm going to make a petition to have stealthcoin looked at with their current vaporware stealthsend whitepaper found  to see how its all handled look forward to a good response and procedure because i've tried to get sense from their community in their thread but they just attack me and all the decent coin projects as a result! sorry if you hold some but i have been abused so badly and the facts are overwhelming they just wont deal with it or accept it. i think it could be a good market for you to absorb
Thank you,
I can't wait to read them  Smiley
Activity: 700
I'll let the code do the talking: From key.cpp

bool CKey::SetSecret(const CSecret& vchSecret, bool fCompressed){

Nice to see the defensive coding style with intelligent errors.

As soon as I saw "EC_KEY_new_by_curve_name(NID_sect571r1);"  I was like, "OHHHH! It was a typo!" good stuff, it's NIST B-571 (I'd feel ever slightly better if it was K-571, or much preferably a non NIST/NSA created curve. But, that's probably rather irrelevant here when almost everyone [including BTC] is using secp256k1, which if any of the NSA ECC weakening horror-predictions are true, is absolutely compromised).

Side thought: this random blabbing about NSA/NIST ECC security makes me think a coin based on Curve25519 (or one of Paulo Baretto's curves) might be a cool idea.  I'm a hardcore skeptic, but after the Dual_EC_DRBG mess, it's just hard to trust anything NIST says about crypto, heh.  My tinfoil hat keeps me safe, I swear =p.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050
Great idea guys/gals ive been wtachign for quite some time to see how legit it is so i'm going to make a petition to have stealthcoin looked at with their current vaporware stealthsend whitepaper found  to see how its all handled look forward to a good response and procedure because i've tried to get sense from their community in their thread but they just attack me and all the decent coin projects as a result! sorry if you hold some but i have been abused so badly and the facts are overwhelming they just wont deal with it or accept it. i think it could be a good market for you to absorb

Great work guys, this coin has great potential if you can get it on some major exchanges.

BTER has great customer support and I have had zero issues with XPM trading on BTC-E.

Thank you, You're doing an awesome job yourself  Smiley.

As for exchanges:

We will be listed on http://betasharex.com/ within the next few days.

We are currently in discussions with poloniex, I'll keep you guys updated with the outcome.

If anyone in the community wants us on a specific exchange we ask that you email them (or submit a ticket) on our behalf and CC [email protected] (if ticket is submitted please include my email within the ticket).  We will gladly speak with any exchange regardless of their size.

Cheers,
KryptoKash
Activity: 278
Merit: 250
Supercomputing,

Yes sir, I noticed this when you brought it up, Thank You for catching it. Krypto Kash will update the OP. I'll update the site.

Thank You,
Viz.

OP Updated!

Supercomputing,

Yes sir, I noticed this when you brought it up, Thank You for catching it. Krypto Kash will update the OP. I'll update the site.

Thank You,
Viz.

OP Updated!
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io
Current Block 15938: Difficulty 6.125768

E-Mail me your debug.log, clear your app data minus wallet.dat, download 1.0.1a, resync
Viz.
Activity: 479
is the diff 4.7 block 15848
legendary
Supercomputing,

-----------------------

skunk,

Thank you, yes this is a good idea. I'll start a FAQ section with these answers on coinshieldtalk support. We'll link that from the OP, this way if the question arises again I can provide links, or someone else who is also aware of the FAQ section.

Thank You,
Viz.
Activity: 329
thank you viz, i'm sure the posts above will contribute increase trust in this coin until the code will made public, meanwhile it would be a good idea to merge them into a faq (even expanding the qa at the end of the op would be fine) just for giving more value to the time spent by you answering and making answers more accessible...
...Coinshield has upgraded the private keys to a non prime based elliptical curve encryption of 571 bits...

What are the domain parameters for the curve that you are using? I assumed that they are not the same as the parameters used for secp571r1 which happens to be a prime based curve.

From what I understand from my research, they are random domain parameters hence the r where secp256k1 uses a Koblitz curve for domain parameters hence the k.

From OpenSSL Source Code: https://github.com/luvit/openssl/blob/master/openssl/crypto/ec/ec_curve.c
Coinshield:  Line 1890: { NID_sect571r1, &_EC_NIST_CHAR2_571B.h, 0, "NIST/SECG curve over a 571 bit binary field" },
Bitcoin:       Line 1850: { NID_secp256k1, &_EC_SECG_PRIME_256K1.h, 0, "SECG curve over a 256 bit prime field" },

Largest Prime based secp is: Line 1854: { NID_secp521r1, &_EC_NIST_PRIME_521.h, 0, "NIST/SECG curve over a 521 bit prime field" }

Thank You,
Viz.

Thanks Viz, I understand now. There is a typo in your original posting.

...The exact algorithm Coinshield uses is secp571r1 compared to sect256k1 that is utilized by most cryptocurrencies today...
legendary
...Coinshield has upgraded the private keys to a non prime based elliptical curve encryption of 571 bits...

What are the domain parameters for the curve that you are using? I assumed that they are not the same as the parameters used for secp571r1 which happens to be a prime based curve.

From what I understand from my research, they are random domain parameters hence the r where secp256k1 uses a Koblitz curve for domain parameters hence the k.

From OpenSSL Source Code: https://github.com/luvit/openssl/blob/master/openssl/crypto/ec/ec_curve.c
Coinshield:  Line 1890: { NID_sect571r1, &_EC_NIST_CHAR2_571B.h, 0, "NIST/SECG curve over a 571 bit binary field" },
Bitcoin:       Line 1850: { NID_secp256k1, &_EC_SECG_PRIME_256K1.h, 0, "SECG curve over a 256 bit prime field" },

Largest Prime based secp is: Line 1854: { NID_secp521r1, &_EC_NIST_PRIME_521.h, 0, "NIST/SECG curve over a 521 bit prime field" }

Thank You,
Viz.

legendary
I trust Viz and I hope that this coin succeeds.

Private Key Upgrades:
Using the EC_KEY algorithms allocated in OpenSSL, Coinshield has upgraded the private keys to a non prime based elliptical curve encryption of 571 bits. This was the largest algorithm that was available, and also not dependent on prime numbers. The reason for this is simple: Coinshield CPU Miners are searching for very large prime numbers, so if any 'discoveries' happen from such actions, it could compromise the whole private key system. The exact algorithm Coinshield uses is secp571r1 compared to sect256k1 that is utilized by most cryptocurrencies today. This compliments the upgraded hashing algorithms to ensure the highest security possible by today's standard.

Please explain what you said above as it does not make sense to me. I would say this is my primary reason for a source code review.

I'll let the code do the talking: From key.cpp

bool CKey::SetSecret(const CSecret& vchSecret, bool fCompressed)
   {
      EC_KEY_free(pkey);
      pkey = EC_KEY_new_by_curve_name(NID_sect571r1);
      if (pkey == NULL)
         throw key_error("CKey::SetSecret() : EC_KEY_new_by_curve_name failed");
      if (vchSecret.size() != 72)
         throw key_error("CKey::SetSecret() : secret must be 72 bytes");
      BIGNUM *bn = BN_bin2bn(&vchSecret[0],72,BN_new());
      if (bn == NULL)
         throw key_error("CKey::SetSecret() : BN_bin2bn failed");
      if (!EC_KEY_regenerate_key(pkey,bn))
      {
         BN_clear_free(bn);
         throw key_error("CKey::SetSecret() : EC_KEY_regenerate_key failed");
      }
      BN_clear_free(bn);
      fSet = true;
      if (fCompressed || fCompressedPubKey)
         SetCompressedPubKey();
      return true;
   }

Coinshield Private Key: 571 Bit, 72 Byte
6WuPzv2yY9GrdKuDHbn1n8Cnkz9rjkizsHg4EZjkRnpZKvKUXEfgNrHjc9zs5AbWjfuMQLocQN3Drb7 DNBU46ws1G5hSmbUYkEMmq6jRyGQ

Viz.
I trust Viz and I hope that this coin succeeds.

Private Key Upgrades:
Using the EC_KEY algorithms allocated in OpenSSL, Coinshield has upgraded the private keys to a non prime based elliptical curve encryption of 571 bits. This was the largest algorithm that was available, and also not dependent on prime numbers. The reason for this is simple: Coinshield CPU Miners are searching for very large prime numbers, so if any 'discoveries' happen from such actions, it could compromise the whole private key system. The exact algorithm Coinshield uses is secp571r1 compared to sect256k1 that is utilized by most cryptocurrencies today. This compliments the upgraded hashing algorithms to ensure the highest security possible by today's standard.

Please explain what you said above as it does not make sense to me. I would say this is my primary reason for a source code review.
Activity: 700
I think as a developer it is our responsibility to these people, to develop them a stable currency in which to get out of the atrocities the monetary system already operates within. This is why I don't take Clones / Scams lightly, because many people are losing money from a Developer making a Clone and pretending its going to be the next Bitcoin, when these people are just trying to free themselves from the biggest scam of all: The Fractional Reserve Banking System.

I feel it my duty to help protect those seeking a better way,
Viz.
Here here!  And this is why I'm still actively watching this project.
legendary
phzi,

And now is the time to build a small Development Team that will help strengthen the code before the time it is released to the public. And yes - you are correct on my wording, thank you for correcting me: I will stick with Clone then. I feel very strongly about this because this is people's money, and lively hood that goes if they invest in a Crypto. I think as a developer it is our responsibility to these people, to develop them a stable currency in which to get out of the atrocities the monetary system already operates within. This is why I don't take Clones / Scams lightly, because many people are losing money from a Developer making a Clone and pretending its going to be the next Bitcoin, when these people are just trying to free themselves from the biggest scam of all: The Fractional Reserve Banking System.

I feel it my duty to help protect those seeking a better way,
Viz.

Jump to: