Pages:
Author

Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come - page 93. (Read 785515 times)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100
Hi I want to ask you do you have mining calculator? Thank you in advance.
Activity: 372
Merit: 250
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom
My wallet (Win10 x64 v0.2.2.2) has stopped making connections to the network.

As mentioned above, I was trying to solo mine to it and added a nexus.conf but then deleted it, rebooted the machine but still, after at least an hour - "0 connection(s) to nexus" when I hover the mouse over the lower right corner of the gui. It has a balance and a transaction from about 12 hours ago (incoming from CPU pool mining) but it won't or can't find any peers.

Any ideas anyone?
I;ve been trying to solo mine to the 0.2.2.2 wallet.

pointing miner at 1278.0.0.1  (or the local i.ip of the machine my wallet is on using port 9325                   

I keep getting "failed to connect to mining LLP server".       Any iea/s what I've been doing wrong?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Make sure you actually typed 127.0.0.1 and not 1278.0.0.1.  Was that a typo here, or when you ran your miner?

Do you have

mining=1
llallowip=127.0.0.1

in your .Nexus/nexus.conf file?

See this earlier part of this thread:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17165097

yes it certainly was a typo! I was very frustrated (and also a bit drunk) when I wrote that. Still can't get it to mine. In fact, right now - my wallet doesn't seem to want to connect to the network either. I have tried creating a nexus.conf but I guess nothing will work unless the wallet is connected to the network anyway right? I was using that particular machine to mine XMR so I may just go back to that with it's GPU and stick to pool CPU mining Nexus.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0

pointing miner at 1278.0.0.1  (or the local i.ip of the machine my wallet is on using port 9325                   

I keep getting "failed to connect to mining LLP server".       Any iea/s what I've been doing wrong?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Make sure you actually typed 127.0.0.1 and not 1278.0.0.1.  Was that a typo here, or when you ran your miner?

Do you have

mining=1
llallowip=127.0.0.1

in your .Nexus/nexus.conf file?

See this earlier part of this thread:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17165097

I keep getting "failed to connect to mining LLP server".       Any iea/s what I've been doing wrong?                                                                                                          nat I 've                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
Activity: 12
You all are going to love the website updates.  Fresh theme and some changed content.  We will be adding a FAQs sections as well.
Activity: 40
Hi,
I run the wallet today and almost all my NXS coins were moved from Balance to Stake....what does it mean? And how can I send these staked coins to a different nexus address (I can send only the amount which is in Balance) ? Thx.

stake is something like interest, so you get depending on how long you had your wallet open 0.5% to 3% annual income and after some time your coins from staking are back in your normal address

Oh, ok. Thank you.
Activity: 672
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Hi,
I run the wallet today and almost all my NXS coins were moved from Balance to Stake....what does it mean? And how can I send these staked coins to a different nexus address (I can send only the amount which is in Balance) ? Thx.

stake is something like interest, so you get depending on how long you had your wallet open 0.5% to 3% annual income and after some time your coins from staking are back in your normal address
Hi,
Grin Grin Grin Grin QQ group: 459569703

Is this for a Chinese Nexus Community?
Activity: 1
 Grin Grin Grin Grin QQ group: 459569703
Activity: 31
you guys use keccak??
why..? what's the benefit?

One of the major reasons NIST selected Keccak to be an alternative SHA standard is because it's a very different kind of hash function than SHA-2.

What this means for Nexus is that it will have different weaknesses than Bitcoin does.  A successful attack against SHA-2 will be very, very bad for Bitcoin, but won't break Nexus.  A successful attack against SHA-3 will be bad for Nexus, but probably not for Bitcoin.  It's good to have currencies that don't depend critically on the same cryptography.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14356526/whats-the-difference-between-the-hash-algorithms-sha-2-and-sha-3
Activity: 4
Having problems installing the wallet for Mac, can anyone help? Thank you

Were you able to get this figured out?

Ye he joined slack.

Yes, thanks
you guys use keccak??
why..? what's the benefit?

Ye he joined slack.

Cool.  I do remember seeing that name now Smiley
Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Ye he joined slack.

Activity: 4
Activity: 494
Merit: 500
this coin is slowly loosing interest...its hard to mine, not worth the electric, and developments are all pie in the sky conjecture.  I like the ideas but developments are far and few between...

Funny, Videlicet just pushed a bunch of new code and described what was coming in Slack.  You must have missed all the discussion Smiley. Plenty coming.  As for mining, yes the difficulty is high these days as a lot of people have taken an interest in Nexus.

yet we are down 18%  since the discussion Wink 
Activity: 631
Merit: 258
Pages:
Jump to: